Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447367629496391894/BFB578A2BAB04CFC98AEFCB750FD84C33E18AFEE/

This email was sent out the day before the attack on Little Caymon.  It appears Spain was abandoned by a clan who "has more people in our clan than all of Sweden combined".

Very interesting

I really want to say that I'm surprised. But unfortunately I'm not surprised at all. It's been done before and papa bear and his friends went to pirates when it was still extremely easy.

And I am completely done with you, Gooneybird. You twist everything and corrupt all. I wonder when others see this and stop wanting to be allies with you. 

You can believe all you want but Brit timers are divided  the clock round and set to what the British nation believes to be a tactical setting, taking our USA/AU playerbase in account. By setting the timers 24/7 we facilitate players,regardles of there timezone.

25% of timers are set between 24:00 and 08:00 (USA time - many timers set on this time involve the Mexican Gulf)

50% of timers are set between 08:00 and 18:00 (EU/AU time - many timers set on this time involve the Mexican Gulf)

20% of timers are set between 18:00 and 24:00 (EU/USA time)

5% of timers are not set.

Approx 35 to 40% of our playerbase is USA/AU the exact numbers are unknown

The British Nation, according to the voting grid, populates about 35% the PvP1 server. 

The above percentages are aproximates, based on simple derivations. If anyone can argue different numbers based on known stats I would welcome that. Afterall I can be wrong but sofar nobody showed up.

As for the choice of your words; I realise that sticking ones neck out when representing a nation may trigger personal attacks and insults because of the choices made by the playergroup of that nation. However there are limits to what is acceptable and you crossed a line for the second time here. Whatever you may think of me personally, many of us lost loved ones due to this terrible decease. Try to realise this before making such incredible heartless remarks or making a threat to physcally attack a person. This is just a game played with some roleplay,on a forum. Nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 3

The above percentages are aproximates, based on simple derivations. If anyone can argue different numbers based on known stats I would welcome that.

Challenge acepted(Thanks @CeltiberoClearco):

mapa.jpg

Original message:

En color los puertos con horario europeo (de 16 - 24 horario del server)

Painted in colors ports with EU time (16-24 server time)

De 114 puertos, 23 en horario europeo. Apenas el 20% .

Of 114, 23 in EU time. Near 20%

De esos 23, 11 en posiciones inaccesibles para cualquier enemigo.

From those 23, there are 11 in unaccessible positios for any enemy

En Cuba, mirar los horarios que han puesto.

In Cuba, look for timers they had set.

So, GooneyBird...as we say in Spain: por la boca muere el pez.

• Like 3

Only 17 out of 114 ports are set to European Prime time. 

The rest are set in timer where the average european isn't online due to work and/or school. 

So you definitely facilitate the AUS/US players. But who do you expect to attack you in AUS/US time? The US nation? 

And haven't we seen enough of nations being reduced to 1 port... What good does it do? Aren't your players getting bored of taking empty ports? 
Denmark-Norway and Sweden have been knocking on your doors for quite some time now, but you aren't really defending your ports because you would rather beat up a nation that doesn't fight back? (And dont give me that bullshit excuse about you not having the people to defend your ports against us. Yesterday someone said in chat you had more than 75 players in a single TS channel ready to defend 1 port.) 

We are looking forward to good fights, and have been, for quite some time. But alas, it seems you dont want to fight. It seems you are more interested in an easy "victory" over a small nation. 

• Like 7

You brought a different definition of an EU timer. I don't think that makes gooneys statement false.

Edit: and you only read the parts you want to read. It has been stated over and over that we do also set timers to suit our tactical and strategic needs.

If you are attacked on 2 sides at once trying to close down one side before moving to the other is just common sense.

s stated many times before: if you wanted a fight you would have pulled 1-2 flags versus us. But you wanted to win and pulled all at once. And that aggravated and rallied us to find an answer.

Edited by Chimera

The rest are set in timer where the average european isn't online due to work and/or school. 

So you definitely facilitate the AUS/US players. But who do you expect to attack you in AUS/US time? The US nation? 

And haven't we seen enough of nations being reduced to 1 port... What good does it do? Aren't your players getting bored of taking empty ports? 

Denmark-Norway and Sweden have been knocking on your doors for quite some time now, but you aren't really defending your ports because you would rather beat up a nation that doesn't fight back? (And dont give me that bullshit excuse about you not having the people to defend your ports against us. Yesterday someone said in chat you had more than 75 players in a single TS channel ready to defend 1 port.) 

We are looking forward to good fights, and have been, for quite some time. But alas, it seems you dont want to fight. It seems you are more interested in an easy "victory" over a small nation.

Yes we had. That port was Carlisle. Right next to our capital. If you attack port mordant or Carlisle on a British holiday you will see every single British public player rallied in no time. Ports on Haiti where you need an outpost and or an hour of sailing... Not so much.

Please don't compare apples and pears

Yes we had. That port was Carlisle. Right next to our capital. If you attack port mordant or Carlisle on a British holiday you will see every single British public player rallied in no time. Ports on Haiti where you need an outpost and or an hour of sailing... Not so much.

Please don't compare apples and pears

An hour of sailing?! Have you actually sailed to Haiti before? 

It takes like 10 minutes from Jamaica to Haiti... 

• Like 1

Challenge acepted(Thanks @CeltiberoClearco):

This graphic shows that the most players (all nations) are on between  18:00 to 24:00 and the most porttimers are set right after server maintenance. I don't understand what the challenge is but your timers stats do confirm the porttimer setting percentages I already mentioned.

So whats the challenge?   

An hour of sailing?! Have you actually sailed to Haiti before? 

It takes like 10 minutes from Jamaica to Haiti...

Feel free to try and rally enough British fleets to fight you all at once. If you succeed tell us how you did it. Much appreciated

You can believe all you want but Brit timers are divided  the clock round and set to what the British nation believes to be a tactical setting, taking our USA/AU playerbase in account. By setting the timers 24/7 we facilitate players,regardles of there timezone.

25% of timers are set between 24:00 and 08:00 (USA time - many timers set on this time involve the Mexican Gulf)

50% of timers are set between 08:00 and 18:00 (EU/AU time - many timers set on this time involve the Mexican Gulf)

20% of timers are set between 18:00 and 24:00 (EU/USA time)

5% of timers are not set.

Approx 35 to 40% of our playerbase is USA/AU the exact numbers are unknown

The British Nation, according to the voting grid, populates about 35% the PvP1 server. 

The above percentages are aproximates, based on simple derivations. If anyone can argue different numbers based on known stats I would welcome that. Afterall I can be wrong but sofar nobody showed up.

As for the choice of your words; I realise that sticking ones neck out when representing a nation may trigger personal attacks and insults because of the choices made by the playergroup of that nation. However there are limits to what is acceptable and you crossed a line for the second time here. Whatever you may think of me personally, many of us lost loved ones due to this terrible decease. Try to realise this before making such incredible heartless remarks or making a threat to physcally attack a person. This is just a game played with some roleplay,on a forum. Nothing more and nothing less.

1: So 25% of ports for Eu timers (not reachable) for 60% of the Brit playerbase. Seems fair LOL.

3: brits are ruining this game. people just don't see it yet.

Edited by SteelSandwich
Removed the cancer-discussion
  • Like 3

Tommy you really should get your facts straight! Yes 75 was the quoted number but did they poster actually state what nations that 75 was made up from because I can tell you this when I checked that quoted number at least 25 of those defenders were either Dutch or US now my figures are not accurate but they are pretty close to the mark.

In these assaults on the Spanish we have had a lot of help from both USN and Netherlands but then all you would have seen while trying to gank our noobs outside KPR is what you can see from the masthead try helping your new found allies instead of bleating about it or switch sides again and join them.!

1: So 25% of ports for Eu timers (not reachable) for 60% of the Brit playerbase. Seems fair LOL.

1. why do you think we should make it easy for you ?

3. incorrect the people who are ruining this game are those that refuse to defend their ports because they have thrown their dummy out of the pram and say we are taking your fun away ...britain never set port timers at bad times in Haiti because the danes put up a fight for their ports and deserve a chance to take them back ..

Edited by SteelSandwich
Removed cancer discussion

1: Yep just like 90% of your timers are not reachable to players from all other continents other than Europe.

3: No players ruin this game - this game is still in its test phase, Some mechanics work for the better some don't. The very reason gamemechanics change overtime, including porttimers.

Edited by SteelSandwich
Removed cancer discussion

Snip

I never said it was 75 British players... 

I got that info from a british players bragging in Global Chat. If it's wrong, blame him mate. Not me. ;) 

you can sail from Bani to port morant  in 10 minutes ????   and to think people say only the brits use exploits

No thats more like 40 minutes. 

But KPR to Jeremie takes 10-15 Minutes, maybe 20-25 in a first rate. 

Bani was not the only port you had on Haiti, as a british players you should know that. 

3. incorrect the people who are ruining this game are those that refuse to defend their ports because they have thrown their dummy out of the pram and say we are taking your fun away ...britain never set port timers at bad times in Haiti because the danes put up a fight for their ports and deserve a chance to take them back ..

And no defense was given. So the Brits refuse to defend their ports are the same as spain according to your logic.

UK, USA and VP against Spain....very impressive organización but too easy. Spain cant afford a fight vs 3 or 4 big flees at the same time. Our allies are too far from our ports. You win. Then you set timers at 06:00 am...very unfair. This is a fact not a cry. We will fight, we can win or we can lose but we never surrender, but we will choose the battles not you.

PD. August 29, 35°/45° degrees....holidays and gin tonics at night its better than NA

You're really gonna make me give away the strategy, but I am to the point of doing anything to lay some myths to rest:

Mexico was taken with a grand coalition of about 3 mortar brigs and typically no more than five 4th rates. British bought the flags. A few supporting dutch and US ships supplied the squadrons (hardly fitting to call them fleets, working together we might have been able to fill half a battle). By the time the last ports near Vera Cruz fell, we even had a guy jump in with an Indiamen just for the loot. If that is to be defined as an unstoppable force, then there is honestly no hope for Spain. It was, however, highly organized, and that is something Spain and her allies need to work on.

Charleston is not exactly next door to KPR, and just last night I opened a US outpost in Willemstad. —Willemstad! I said. I don't even have the proper footwear.

Simply put, your allies are lazy and disorganized. They did not prepare for a world-wide war. My guess is that they simply spent the time during cease fire to build first rates and grind gold, rather than making the long sailing trips that are necessary to be effective allies. A few Danish or French reno's could have stopped the attacks in the west. But it seems Spain is a better ally to them than they are to you. Perhaps you should vote for war and take ports from them as compensation for not helping you in your time of need.

Edited by ajffighter86

And no defense was given. So the Brits refuse to defend their ports are the same as spain according to your logic.

And again your memory is selective - Bani defended 3x, Azua defended 5x etc etc etc.. After Jacmel western Hispania was abandoned for tactical reasons. If you don't like to take undefended ports than leave em alone.

I never said it was 75 British players... 

I got that info from a british players bragging in Global Chat. If it's wrong, blame him mate. Not me. ;)

No thats more like 40 minutes. 

But KPR to Jeremie takes 10-15 Minutes, maybe 20-25 in a first rate. 

Bani was not the only port you had on Haiti, as a british players you should know that.

I am aware of that ...we cannot fight battles in two places ...anyone with minimal tactical knowledge knows if you are faced with two or more enemies you dont split your force ...you take them on one at a time . we made our  choice of who we would take on first ...now we have to decide who we take on next .. but thats our choice .. its not yours to make for us and certainly not the spanish ... they had their chance this weekend and blew it by refusing to fight ..