Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

I can't accept and I won't accept this treaty. There can only be talks WITH united states included or no talks at all. United states are our allies and I can't believe someone tried to make such a disgraceful treaty without them.

Whoever did this and made such agreements should be sacked from the council or any diplomacy. I think our nation made enough mistakes with diplomacy done by the wrong people.

Spain has to talk with britain, dutch AND united states or there won't be any treaty and they will be still at war vs 3 nations.

You speak out of turn sir.

You are addressing members of the British Nation who have done nothing but seek the betterment of the game and our position.

Now back to the benches with you. I will not have you slandering KIN members in such a fashion. The British Council will ratify this treaty and we will still have good relations with the USA, to believe otherwise would be senseless, the USA has ever been a friend and ally.

Good Day.

Ravenburg.

Edited by Lord Ravenburg

The British Council is in general assembly next Sunday to discuss the final version of the 'Three Admirals treaty', based on the status quo on August 1st.. 

As for this limited caesefire; according to the deal, the Spanish defeat of the 'Spring 2016 campaign' is being marked by the unilateral declaration by the Brits aswell as the return of 13 ports to Spain and the exclusion of portbattles on Cuba.

Regardless of individual opinions we hope, by accepting this temporary treaty, this great game in general is going to be the true winner here.

Edited by Gooneybird

With my utmost appreciation for all included nations, and to all the players of EU PvP1, I am happy to announce that all nations represented in the Three Admirals Treaty have obtained support of their appropriate bodies to sign this treaty today. Gooneybird of the British nation has already stated so in the forums, but he has also stated to myself and Pellasgos, his agreeance and signature thus supporting their August 1st vote in council. This can also be found here. Gavilan of the Spanish nation will post in this thread thus binding the Spanish to British, and Dutch admirals in Treaty. Many thank you's to all who posted here in support of, and even in defiance of this treaty. It is our hopes that such a transparent process will show goodwill to all nations, even if not involved in the treaty itself. The public nature of this offering was an effort to promote a transparent process of goal setting in the spirit of openness to all player/s who may be affected by it. I hope we have succeeded in this effort.

Interim Diplomatic Representative of the Dutch Council, and Nation.

Surathani

Edited by Surathani
  • Like 1

Dear Captains,

I am captain Pellasgos, battle Commander of the famous Dutch Armada and leader of the 7 United Provinces clan, also known as 7UP.I suspect that many of you might know already me or my clan  and  of course maybe some of you not just ...yet but i or we would be happy to meet you in the future either as enemies or friends.In any case the reason i am here in this forum is not to advertise myself , my nation or my clan but to point out some very interesting  facts about  the famous 3 Admirals Treaty since i am the author of this document.I am also here to answer to some of your questions and present you the motives and the targets i set when i wrote this treaty .

As you have noticed from my prologue i am not a diplomat , i never intended to become one in this game and i can assure you i am not planning to become one in the future either!!!So many of you must probably wondered why i bothered to design  a proposal like this.The answer is simple.The game we are playing is still under development ,the famous Alpha phase! The most of us know that the next patch will include the first part of the so much needed diplomatic features of the game where we all hope the war goals and objectives will become more clear and specific than ever before but(this but should be with capital letters...) the patch hasn't arrived yet and since we dont have it  we still need to do our best to make this game fun for everyone!

Being a battle commander is not an easy role neither being a diplomat but my experience in this game  made me believe that's  it is crystal clear that the absence of a diplomatic feature in this game  is the main reason for De-motivation among the players of every nation .On top of that even though i am not a forum guy sometimes i read some threads ,i am not commenting often but i still read whenever i have free time.So now i need to explain you why i started writing and approaching the Spanish and the British nations.

One of these days i accidentally saw a post from a Spanish captain who recorded a  meeting between the Spanish, Dutch,  British and American diplomats.The audio file was downloadable so out of curiosity i downloaded and listened what has been said among the participants.Now i will not comment if that was the right action to post the audio file, i will leave it to your judgement but for sure helped me to realize what was missing from the "recipe" to create a gentlemen s agreement among all these 4 nations.

I mentioned above that i am a battle commander but sometimes my role requires me to be the fleet commander too.A fleet commander must know what are the objectives during a campaign and i can assure you all ,that i am or i was more than fully aware of the situation among the nations in the area of Haiti Yucatan Jamaica and Cuba and i soon discovered what was happening on the northern side of the games map too.I also knew the political stance the nations would follow in case we had continuation of the Coalitions War operations among the 4 nations (USA,Dutch ,Spain,Britain) and it was more than clear that as a fleet commander i have been left without clear objectives,clear targets,both diplomatically and militarily.I realized that both the Spanish and the British communities wanted to take a break from their military operations same the Americans and the dutch in key west and Cayman brac areas.The danish and the french communities on the same time "dying" due to lack of motivation and timers ...an unbelievable stalemate on everything....!!!!

So i created a proposal based to what the 3 nations(GB,VP,SP,unfortunately i could not add USA) wanted when they first met but failed to do it right....and this is why i named this treaty the 3 admirals treaty.I noticed that it was impossible to reach an agreement with such an approach and i wanted to prove that the solution was there but they failed to see it.On the other hand the admirals ,the battle commanders of the nations, not being involved in diplomacy and insults but by showing mutual respect for each other since we all were responsible for the outcome of so many battles ,operations and the fun of so many players in this game we quickly realized what should be done and quickly reached common ground for our nations interests.So far so good ...so we had a proposal.So eventually i created a document where i knew that 3 nations agree ...or at least seem to agree.

This is the point where i need to say that this treaty has achieved a lot but there are some failures too.For example the American nation was not included in this treaty.In order to clear out my position in regards of the American matter i want to say that i tried my best to include it,i negotiated quite hard(2hours:) )but quickly it became obvious that there was no possibility something like that to happen. The scope was to give life to the game.Revitalize it by agreeing doing a step back and leave our egos aside and "invite" if you allow me to use this word the danish and the french communities back to the game.Its a treaty that affects with one or another way every nation.Some people might like it some others might not,  it depends from which point of view you are reading the treaty. In any case i tried to create a document with the maximum of fairness honesty and respect i have as a person for both my allies and enemies.

In my opinion we are giving a good opportunity to ease the tensions between the nations,show that we can agree even without a games mechanic-feature, and give the communities of this game we play and love some "fresh air to breathe" and space to maneuver till the arrival of the diplomatic patch.I will say one more time that the diplomats need to be more diplomatic....with more understanding and realize that they are responsible to establish " bridges of communication" between nations and their work should be constantly checked by the clans who participate in the councils of each nation. Sometimes is better to appoint different people to approach a nation when its noticeable that there is diplomatic stalemate! It happens in real life...why not in a game too?

Finally  i would like to thank the Admiral HCMS Warrior from the British nation and Admiral CELTI Gavilan from the Spanish nation for the understanding,the help they offered to me during the creation  of the 3 Admirals Treaty ,their realistic approach to the common problems of our nations and the great respect they showed towards our nations communities.Clearly without them this treaty wouldn't be a possibility.I would also like to thank the British Dutch and Spanish councils who supported and voted in favor of  this treaty so massively and of course the American nation for their understanding.After the signing of this treaty one thing is sure...captain Pellasgos is not going to participate again in anything related to diplomacy and treaties...you have his word!!! I am fighting in the seas...not in forums...so keep sailing gentlemen...i am somewhere out there too.... :)

safe sails to all of you

{7UP} Pellasgos

O7
“May the success of this agreement act as a lighthouse for diplomacy amongst nations.”
                                                                                                                   Capt. Pellasgos

ps1.I understand that some people might find the opportunity to comment in this treaty or to my sayings.I think now that the treaty is signed from all the nations i strongly recommend people to avoid getting to a pointless war of comments and i advice the moderators to close the thread in case they notice that there is nothing constructive anymore.

ps2 yeap you will see me again in this forum writing probably in about 50 years...i am not a forum guy... :)

ps3 My dear frenchies...i haven't forgotten you :) ....i still love you and we will meet again and ill give you the opportunity to argue with me in a funny trolling war without insults and limits....in the global chat!!! :) lmaaaoo!!

ps4   Tenakha kan ....7up is also a drink...which helps digesting defeats...try it...it will help your stomach to digest the croissants filled with Gouda cheese i offered you when i visited your capital with my brave dutch fleet! :) ...honestly i am crying sometimes with your comments my dear frenchies :) you are killing me....!!!!!!!

ps5 English is not my first language so i politely request your understanding ...the cultural difference is more than obvious :) and the cultural shock i hope was not that big... :)

ps6 too many bottles devs...too many!!!

ps7 i forgot to thank captain Surathani for all the help and assistance during the writing of this treaty.Without him it wouldn't look that good!

ps8 smile mode off cu!

Edited by pellasgos
  • Like 9

I tip my hat to that player.

Usually being critical, I cannot find a bad word in this posting.  

Interestingly, he drops out of politics.

Exactly like the great Michiel de Ruyter did !

When are you going to raid the British river Medway, my friend?

P.S: Jeheil (the guy who does the letter to the king!), this is a fleet commander

for an interview !

P.S2.:

You Dutch guys should consider granting him Dutch citizenship !

(But only, if he raids the Medway)

P.S3: Did you fall in love with the French?

(pirates are loveable creatures too !)

Edited by Wilson09

ps3 My dear frenchies...i haven't forgotten you :) ....i still love you and we will meet again and ill give you the opportunity to argue with me in a funny trolling war without insults and limits....in the global chat!!! :) lmaaaoo!!

ps4   Tenakha kan ....7up is also a drink...which helps digesting defeats...try it...it will help your stomach to digest the croissants filled with Gouda cheese i offered you when i visited your capital with my brave dutch fleet! :) ...honestly i am crying sometimes with your comments my dear frenchies :) you are killing me....!!!!!!!

When I first saw you signing under this treaty my first reaction was to fall of my chair. Then I thought of a world where Pellasgoss would be a diplomat and pictures of Hiroshima popped into my head.

Yet I never thought I would read something from you not containing any of the followings :

- All capital letters

- "3 port nation"

- "go play Tetris"

- "Aria will you marry me"

- "DesMoines come duel me"

- etc...

While your trolling on the chat was sometimes funny (sometimes not), You also resorted to using troll tactics wich were clearly less fun. Seeing you now defend fair mechanics is a good sign that we hope will prevail in the future.

I had the chance of speaking on ts for the fist time with a 7UP diplomat (yes such a thing exists) Surathani and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the guy despite his unwillingness to talk badly about you (we love to speak badly about you).

We hope you'll see that it's much harder fighting 1v1 instead of 2v1, 3v1 or 4v1 like you did with the Spanish and now the Pirates. Also you'll need something stronger than 7up to drink for when we get back into RVR. (Ouzo would be a great choice!)

PS: Your Brave Dutch Fleet got its ass kicked more than once ;-)

PS2: Congratulation for trying to negociate a treaty even if the execution was a little messy (shitstorm on the forum, near implosion of the dutch council,...) And if we are not convinced by the result (despite some good things).

And now, because I can't help it, and I just noticed it, a little word to the brits:

Guys, you still can't fight fairly? What are you trying to do? Kill the game to win? you are already 4v1 against the pirates, do you really need to set european timers on australian players in Mexico? Do you really want to win that badly?! Do you need the French , the Spanish and the Danes to help you also against what's left of the Pirates so that you can take over the all map without having to fight?

Fairness doesn't come from a rulebook. While the tactic is legit, it's use is terrible for the game.

1470647316-timers.jpg

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 2

You have been so mad about setting timers not to EU prime, and now you are mad when we do?

Suddenly you care about the Australians?

Keep in mind that those ports are next to Spanish territory (and they should take them, imho), what time are we supposed to set them to in order for them not to get upset?

• Like 2

You have been so mad about setting timers not to EU prime, and now you are mad when we do?

Suddenly you care about the Australians?

Keep in mind that those ports are next to Spanish territory (and they should take them, imho), what time are we supposed to set them to in order for them not to get upset?

I care about every player in every time zone.

I have the spanish in mind but considering those ports are Pirate ports, I would personnally have set them to 04-06 like timers. What I see is just the will to wipe the Pirates at all costs. What will you do then with a treaty with the Spanish, no Pirates, the French not participating in RVR? Gank the Danes 4v1 as soon as the Antilles treaty comes to an end with the diplomacy patch?

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Captain Xyster is an American player - If truely you care about the play of every palyer then you will understand that it is his fair right to set the port he obtained to a time that befits HIM for defense - and it actually still stays within reach of European players! This is a fair port timer and your lack of willingness to accept this and demanding to set all timers to the same moment would render most of the day a bore. You seem unwilling to provide fair gameplay to all palyers involved and I simply am done taking you seriously. Farewell with your bullshit.

• Like 1

Captain Xyster is an American player - If truely you care about the play of every palyer then you will understand that it is his fair right to set the port he obtained to a time that befits HIM for defense - and it actually still stays within reach of European players! This is a fair port timer and your lack of willingness to accept this and demanding to set all timers to the same moment would render most of the day a bore. You seem unwilling to provide fair gameplay to all palyers involved and I simply am done taking you seriously. Farewell with your bullshit.

I'm sure you can counvince yourself that it is true.

• Like 1

My congratulations to all who make this game a place of peace and love through September. C'mon boys, take the guitars and sing with Scott McKenzie

If you're going to Jamaica.

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

If you're going to Jamaica.

I doubt you meet some gentle people there

For those who come to Jamaica.

Summertime will be a love-in there.

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 1

Politics aside, I don't think our positions are very different, we all recognise the need to have fun in a game we love. The timer question is included in this very treaty. The french had no part in this treaty yet a decision was made to change the timers in south Haiti. This is proof enough that some realise that the use of these timers as a tactical element is not good for the game. I personnaly do not have anything against people playing in other time zones. Geographically speaking the battles being fought on american time zone are centered in the north western part of the map and european timers on the south eastern part of the map. Faction with a significant amount of players in these american time zones are US - Pirates and GB.

With the new system of alliance and with the pirates beeing left out of the system we will have 2 very unequal sides both in number and time zone: One consisting of about half of the european player and the vast majority of "american" players and the other side with the other half of european players and almost no "american" players. These "american" players in the end will be left with no access to RVR because they will mainly fight empty port battles.

Historically speaking and strategically speaking I have trouble understanding why we are fighting the US...If the spanish could come to an agreement with the US we would have 2 blocs having a player base on all time zone. 2 blocs that would also be more equal in number.

From all my time in the game I got into a battle against US only twice...the first time we let the guy go and the second time I only kept the guy in battle long enough to protect spanish player entering a PB.

I like fighting the Brits, I got used fighting the Dutch, I had some fun fighting the Swedes, I would rather not fight the US.

Because of the timer issue a War between Spain and the US makes no sense for me.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 2

Don´t understand why players discuss off-topics.

On the topic, The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1.

As there is no music implemented in the game, I suggest you let this run in the background as soon as possible

when you realized the Admiral Michiel de Pellasgos is with his 24-fleet on you.

Edited by Wilson09

Pellasgos

Ok, I read that wall of text. Not bad but let's try to break that up or shorten it next time.

I see where you are going with the three nations treaty thing. It's not terrible but it is very diplomatic. More political than war like. I would caution against long standing alliances. To be true to the players of a sand box there should always be a proposed end date of such alliances. Once such an alliance grows to unbalance a region you need a method to undo it. Let's be honest here. The new Diplo system release in August isn't going to end your treaty. It will still carry on in function and the three nations won't suddenly start attacking each other.

Brits allied to Dutch allied to USA and friendly to Spanish. As good as that all sounds it only leaves you the pirate team to port conquest and that won't last long. That leaves France and Denmark to play with and they will be far to small unless a pirate exodus joins them specifically. Spain at this point will be surrounded and all though Spain has heart breaking out of that won't be likely. The whole west side of the map will become PVE land for the most part and you will have had a big hand in creating that boring portion of the game. Instead you should make your treaties and alliances to promote good wars and not good peace. Peace will destroy the object of the game. Which is to simulate warfare.

One way or another you will end up breaking ties with either the USA or GB. If not for logic sake it will eventually be done by other players out of boredom.

Edited by Bach