Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

So basically what US is saying here is: "look, we accept all the help we can get from GB and VP and don't have a problem at all admiting it publicly in the fórum"

That's a fair Play, I hope you can have some good rest knowing what word could perfectly describe this 3vs1 situation.

Not only you have by far the best starting point in the map, you were begging for help against one pirate clan until you got it because they crushed you, now a 3 vs 1 situation against one of the underpopulated nations,....

Really? Seriously? Really?

You can be proud....lol

Great argument. Is that all the best you can come up with?

Nope, how about this one: change your attitude, communication and perhaps people become more receptive to your concerns. Frankly most of us grew tired of the current Spanish attitude after showing good intent.

Nope, how about this one: change your attitude, communication and perhaps people become more receptive to your concerns. Frankly most of us grew tired of the current Spanish attitude after showing good intent.

I second that - quite frankly we showed restraint by not stomping you into the ground and your attitude on the forum sucks. For all intents and purposes I can tell you that msot of the British antion is compeltely pissed off about you guys and the attitude taht you show ont he forums and in diplomacy and should this situation arise again I am not sure Gooney would be able to hold us back another time. Change your behaviour asap is all I can say!

Ravenburg, there is no where in the agreement does it say that Dutch/British cannot screen for a US force. The only thing that cannot happen is for the Dutch/British to craft flags on the Spanish in the defined area (and if they take a port from the US in a friendly exchange within that area they must return it to the Spanish).

Other than the inability to craft flags, Dutch/British are 100% able to screen on both offensive and defensive US vs Spain battles, regardless of the area. There is nothing that says otherwise.

After you wrote this...

A) more whisky

B ) more marihuana

C) both

D) c + touch yourself.

Edited by Jorge

You are always talking about the attitude of the Spanish when speaking. Criticize our pride and arrogance, yet not see that you act the same. There will always be a captain more exacerbated than others, so we will not judge all other players  for it? With this treaty you say you have shown good will, the truth is that it is not.

From what you have said and above all you have demonstrated, we are still in a war 3v1 clearly at a disadvantage. Far from appreciating the courage involved in this war, you call us Quixotes. And surely we are because we talk about honor and loyalty to their word and deliver. You give a word and look for ways to not  fulfill or not fulfill half.

About the benefits of the "generous" US offers peace and I answered before. We need a security perimeter like the one you have. Without going any further, the English southern Cuba require to have their security perimeter ... You know we need Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas, continued attacks we suffer this week from there give us reason about our need. The brave American nation has never been willing to grant us these ports as this is so we can not have peace.

Listen, I call you Don Quixote-esque because all we ever hear about is how Spanish captains are "braver" and "never surrender"...  That may be true.  However, criticizing a faction for playing the diplomacy game IN ADDITION to the war game makes my argument valid.  

Life is not always 1v1..  Learn to play the diplomacy game.  Because its JUST AS VALID as any other to play this game.  I dont know how many people must post that they've tried and failed at negotiations with the Spanish before you guys realize that maybe, just maybe, the problem lies with Spain.

A little less bravado on EVERYONE"S part I think is necessary.  

• Like 2

The Florida Keys are US territory. That is non-negotiable.

Why? This is a game  Must Spain conquer all the  map to get all Real Spanish territories in SXVII? Where was USA in S XVII? Oh La Florida not that an spanish name? What are you talking about?

The south of Cuba was spanish must be now at war with british for that. Please be wise. Oh not we the spanish are the arrogance and we do not give our arm twisted as you do.

You are always talking about the attitude of the Spanish when speaking. Criticize our pride and arrogance, yet not see that you act the same. There will always be a captain more exacerbated than others, so we will not judge all other players for it? With this treaty you say you have shown good will, the truth is that it is not.

From what you have said and above all you have demonstrated, we are still in a war 3v1 clearly at a disadvantage. Far from appreciating the courage involved in this war, you call us Quixotes. And surely we are because we talk about honor and loyalty to their word and deliver. You give a word and look for ways to not fulfill or not fulfill half.

About the benefits of the "generous" US offers peace and I answered before. We need a security perimeter like the one you have. Without going any further, the English southern Cuba require to have their security perimeter ... You know we need Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas, continued attacks we suffer this week from there give us reason about our need. The brave American nation has never been willing to grant us these ports as this is so we can not have peace.

If you were still at war with us (the British nation), you would have a lot less ports. And I'm not talking about the 13 ports we gifted to your council as a sign of good will. Edited by Chimera

You are always talking about the attitude of the Spanish when speaking. Criticize our pride and arrogance, yet not see that you act the same. There will always be a captain more exacerbated than others, so we will not judge all other players  for it? With this treaty you say you have shown good will, the truth is that it is not.

From what you have said and above all you have demonstrated, we are still in a war 3v1 clearly at a disadvantage. Far from appreciating the courage involved in this war, you call us Quixotes. And surely we are because we talk about honor and loyalty to their word and deliver. You give a word and look for ways to not  fulfill or not fulfill half.

About the benefits of the "generous" US offers peace and I answered before. We need a security perimeter like the one you have. Without going any further, the English southern Cuba require to have their security perimeter ... You know we need Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas, continued attacks we suffer this week from there give us reason about our need. The brave American nation has never been willing to grant us these ports as this is so we can not have peace.

I think part of the problem here is that you are just looking at what is happening in your waters. There is a great big map, where the Brits are now getting out numbered by the Danes. Pirates are pushing back in all directions. Spain has re grouped, Swedes have gone pretty quite French have beeen showing signs of life and our pushing back on the gank fleets in there waters, Dutch numbers have dropped, all big changes, Remember it was only a month ago when Spain/French/Pirates where pushing on to our home waters. Where was Spain saying this was not fair back then? Things are changing like they always have. so stop bitching and start fighting that what the brits did. 

The Florida Keys are US territory. That is non-negotiable.

The only real interest I have in the Keys is a jumping point to move into deepwater ports farther south.

People like to claim the USA has the easiest starting location, but I disagree. For the most part aside from a few Danish and Pirate challengers coming out of Sunbury, it's probably the deadest area of the map. Even the Gulf coast sees more activity. New US players have to sail for 2 hours or so to get to any decent PVP action. Yeah, it's great for grinding up levels but if that doesn't appeal to you, a nation like Britain or the pirates actually have a better starting location if you are looking for action.

With the new port battle mechanics, we will hopefully no longer be limited to capturing nearby ports from currently held ports. If US wants to strike French ports, we won't have fight or "trade" ports through Spain, Pirates, British, Danish, Dutch, and Swedes since there will be no conquest flags that expire in 1 hour of sailing. You'll just be able to show up and cause a fuss outside of a port and attack it. I think it will make for some interesting shifts in front-lines.

Edited by ajffighter86

To vernon Merrill:

How we will not be proud? Do we have another choice but to resist? Our diplomacy has been bad can be. But actually we could never have a true alliance with any of the English-speaking nations. Because it has always existed at least the suspicion of treason. We are true to our word to the end regardless of whether or not prejudiced went well know French. Now I ask: Since when is there an alliance between American and British? Have you ever been at odds, rather in war? Is there the slightest chance that Dutch, English or American ally change? Spaniards are asking us to seek new alliances but true untreated alliances distort and meet halfway. Is it the same among the three great nations? I do not think so. You say that real life no fair fights. True, but this is a game what would you continue abusing failures game and your numerical superiority? Then I will come to play once every six months to see how your map and which of the three is betrayed first by the other two. Remember Octavian, Lepidus and Mark Antony. It may be interesting ...
By the way I still have not heard from you real arguments for your position.

To Chimera

We are not in direct war but the truth is that Lord Ravensburg has made it clear that attack the Spanish fleets at war with the United States. We only have a relative rather unstable peace.

To Nikodemus:

You can not compare the situations. The British are the largest faction of the game. In your worst moments that dating me, we could never launch coordinated flags which could join fleets of the three allied factions such as the Spanish situation.

To Nikodemus:

You can not compare the situations. The British are the largest faction of the game. In your worst moments that dating me, we could never launch coordinated flags which could join fleets of the three allied factions such as the Spanish situation.

What do you Call Port antonio, Or little cay or Georgetown? French and pirates all over the area when you took them. East side of Cuba you had screeners from other nations also to start. We just won the War there in the long run. Im sure soon enough we will start losing again its how thisgame is.

How we will not be proud? Do we have another choice but to resist? Our diplomacy has been bad can be. But actually we could never have a true alliance with any of the English-speaking nations. Because it has always existed at least the suspicion of treason.

Please tell me how there is any suspicion of treason towards the US. The US has always treated Spain honorably. We made an excruciating attempt to befriend you and prove our trustworthiness to the point that your own players were recognizing it. There is no one on this server that could complain about how we have treated them with integrity and transparency.

Now I ask: Since when is there an alliance between American and British? Have you ever been at odds, rather in war? Is there the slightest chance that Dutch, English or American ally change?

Before steam release the Americans and Brits were rivals and often fought. After steam release the Brits declared war on us even though we had no contact with us. They used Spain as their proxy to fight that war and when we approached Spain at the beginning of release to secure a deal that would benefit and define our two nations we were told to go to hell without discussion. When we spread through the coast of America and reached the point that we wanted as our homeland we took the Yucatan ports in order to attack the British. We fought with them over Conttoy, Mugeras, Conil, Cuyo, and Las Tortugas. The Brits were a part of the 12 port, 3 nation, black friday attack against us that was such a turning point for the US nation in both our projection of stregnth and our relationship with the newly formed STARS.

So, yes, we have seen conflict with the Brits both pre and post steam release. Probably 8 months worth of conflict in one way or another if my timeline memory is accurate.

To vernon Merrill:

Is there the slightest chance that Dutch, English or American ally change? Spaniards are asking us to seek new alliances but true untreated alliances distort and meet halfway. Is it the same among the three great nations? I do not think so. You say that real life no fair fights. True, but this is a game what would you continue abusing failures game and your numerical superiority? Then I will come to play once every six months to see how your map and which of the three is betrayed first by the other two. Remember Octavian, Lepidus and Mark Antony. It may be interesting ...

To Nikodemus:

There is always a chance of ally change. Before steam release the US was at war with the pirates and the brits with a two week time period where we were allies with the brits only to pursue the Danes. We were friendly with the Spanish. After release we were allied with the Dutch, wanted to ally with Spain but eventually allied with the Danes. Now we are allied with Dutch, Brits, and very friendly with the Sweden.

Alliances have fluctuated quite a bit through this games history.

The question to ask yourselves is why would anyone at this point want to ally with your nation. I do not mean to be mean and I'm not talking about your numerical stregnth or weakness but rather your character as an ally. Every nation that has had any dealings with you walk away pulling their hair out. Your own council members complain about themselves. The spanish from day one has been seen by all as a dysfunctional nation, going around thumping their chests in pride and then insulting and complaining all over the forums when they loose. The Spanish broke the first two treaties that it ever made. First with the British, one day after the signing and then eventually against us when Spain saw it in their best interest to ally with pirates to get revenge on the British for the spanish loss of the war.

I personally sweated blood to forge a positive relationship with the Spanish and to convince my nation that it was in our best interest to befriend you and for a time I thought I was seeing fruit from it. Now I know better. I'm sorry but until there is new leadership within the Spanish Council any hope of a different relationship with us is unlikely. That ship has set sail.

To your statement to Nicodemus:

We launched 12 flags on you but only attacked 8. You stopped us in 7. If I were you, I'd be proud of that accomplishment.

The US and Britain have had several wars and several alliances.  The First major war in the game was between TDA and the Rakers, when we were first French and then once the Devs moved us to the new US faction.  The Brits eventually allied with us against the Swedes and we worked with them, but when the 1st British and French war became heated, war came between TDA and the British and lasted quite a while and was at points pretty ugly.  The US and Britain are like some lovers, off again and on again, fighting and making up.  Our most recent war was in December and lasted through like March or something, when everyone started allying against the Pirates.  We used to be allied with Spain, until Early Access released in January and Spain told us to go to hell and started attacking us.

• Like 1

I have better things to do.

I doubt it.

As for the rest; I'm pretty sure most of us stopped caring about what you think of our sincerety. Fact is that the British nation, since July 25th, have not crafted one single flag against Spain.

Personally I'm glad that in a couple of days the new patch is coming out which might terminate this treaty.  I doubt if it matters though, we'll be damned if we do or damned if we don't.

Edited by Gooneybird

I will try to explain last time because talking to people repeating the same things over and over again is exhausting and I have better things to do.

- USA right now is not interesting.

Having an ally or an enemy whose main base of players is in another time zone for me is useless. I´m not interested in have advantage in european primetime or have to stay awake till four o´clock in the night to have an interesting battle. Erickilla, this is boring to me and in general for all the spanish players. And it is not intended to be an offense.

If this is true then why did I see you up at 4 am your time trying to take US ports? If your not interested in being up at 4 am why are you attacking other nations ports at that time? Here is a clue for you, don't try and take ports that require you to be up at 4 am, take ports that are open at your time of play! Not hard. Are you saying none of the other nations have interesting battles at your prime? So you have to be up at 4 am to have interesting battles against the US, but main time zone not in yours is useless? This is why I left Spain 2 months ago, no logic to there nation at all.

Alex (and others tbh)

"-The treaty, the british, the dutch, bla, bla, bla,...

We like to fight even at a disadvantage. The two week English and Dutch tried unsuccessfully to defeat us in Santiago and around for me and other players have been the best in the game.

Some victories, some defeats and a lot of interesting content."

For me this is the most important part of your long post, this is what WE ARE ALL LOOKING FOR. This is what we need to influence the developers to create the best game framework for this to happen. The battles over the 4 ports along the South East Tip of Cuba were enormous fun.

But some british players and clans seem to want to win at all costs, in a continuous search for any loop hole that can give them an advantage.

The night 12 flags were launched in 1 hour we saw clear that for some the fun of the game is to win no matter how. AND WE AS A NATION REFUSED 

This is where we get lost in the infuriating and unfruitful conversations. ALL nations have pulled multi-flags (the SPANISH with the Pirates pulled NINE flags on the Brits in the Yucutan long before this. This doesn't justify or criminalise the behavior. Pulling multiple flags / false flags is a common tactic. Now tbh it doesn't really matter in the long run, because the 'flags' will dissapear in future patches.

What matters to me is that we find a gaming framework that allows, for (hopefully) a large playerbase in essentially three different timezones (divide a day into 3 blocks that crudely cover US, Europe and Asia) to participate in battles like Sant Iago, Aves, St Nic etc.

Both of the recent 'treaties' have been player inspired to protect the playerbase from being 'steam-rolled' by the 'winning' side (please don't jump on that...this is never ending PvP nobody every wins outright). This is of course polluted (quite rightly) by us all getting excited by role-playing ("our waters", "we won", "you cheated", "more skill") etc.

TL:DR - Focus more on the game going forward and highlight imbalanced game framework / exploits to allow the dev's the best chance to provide the best overall framework.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 11

3) Haiti

A )  The British and the Dutch nations are required to change the timers of the ports of Les Cayes, Saint Louis, Jacmel and Sale-Trou upon the signing of this treaty.

B )  The British and the Dutch nations are required to set the timers between 16-18 server time as the earliest, and 22-24 as the latest.

C )   The aforementioned changes will happen within 48 hours of this document signing.

Sooooo.... When is this planned?

Alex (and others tbh)

"-The treaty, the british, the dutch, bla, bla, bla,...

We like to fight even at a disadvantage. The two week English and Dutch tried unsuccessfully to defeat us in Santiago and around for me and other players have been the best in the game.

Some victories, some defeats and a lot of interesting content."

For me this is the most important part of your long post, this is what WE ARE ALL LOOKING FOR. This is what we need to influence the developers to create the best game framework for this to happen. The battles over the 4 ports along the South East Tip of Cuba were enormous fun.

But some british players and clans seem to want to win at all costs, in a continuous search for any loop hole that can give them an advantage.

The night 12 flags were launched in 1 hour we saw clear that for some the fun of the game is to win no matter how. AND WE AS A NATION REFUSED 

This is where we get lost in the infuriating and unfruitful conversations. ALL nations have pulled multi-flags (the SPANISH with the Pirates pulled NINE flags on the Brits in the Yucutan long before this. This doesn't justify or criminalise the behavior. Pulling multiple flags / false flags is a common tactic. Now tbh it doesn't really matter in the long run, because the 'flags' will dissapear in future patches.

What matters to me is that we find a gaming framework that allows, for (hopefully) a large playerbase in essentially three different timezones (divide a day into 3 blocks that crudely cover US, Europe and Asia) to participate in battles like Sant Iago, Aves, St Nic etc.

Both of the recent 'treaties' have been player inspired to protect the playerbase from being 'steam-rolled' by the 'winning' side (please don't jump on that...this is never ending PvP nobody every wins outright). This is of course polluted (quite rightly) by us all getting excited by role-playing ("our waters", "we won", "you cheated", "more skill") etc.

TL:DR - Focus more on the game going forward and highlight imbalanced game framework / exploits to allow the dev's the best chance to provide the best overall framework.

Yeah but we were trolling and were actually just trying to get your ships in the water for PVP..... I dont think we actually went for any ports and were looking for your ships coming from free ports.    Flags were just pokelures 8)

I honestly don't think anyone cheats as much and creates beneficial situations.   the problem is that the defenders on PBs are so far behind because of population issues and not being able to get to ports defences in time.....they are just to hard to get to unless you know they are coming.

The conflict zones should help this.......all the rest is just bollocks.  planting flags on opposite sides of ports, camping battle screens so you can form a fleet at the right time etc is just leaning on mechanics which is very normal.......it might be unfair but it isn;t cheating.....this is why adjustments come.

most of us think that the game is becoming unbalanced more than ever and it has nothing to do with port colours and everything to do with battles (the only thing that worked reallywell) becoming broken.

Edited by Fastidius

What is irritating to some of us are hypocrites and cynics like mr Gooneybird and others, who come to the forum proclaiming that do not want to destroy spanish players base (what he could not do even if he wanted) and at the same time preach in other threads the total destruction of pirates, regardless they are also players and that soon will not have content or as a nation or as pirates.

You are mistaken about the pirates, no such posts by me.

Edited by Gooneybird

Why? This is a game  Must Spain conquer all the  map to get all Real Spanish territories in SXVII? Where was USA in S XVII? Oh La Florida not that an spanish name? What are you talking about?

The south of Cuba was spanish must be now at war with british for that. Please be wise. Oh not we the spanish are the arrogance and we do not give our arm twisted as you do.

You want arrogance? - Here goes: Spain on its own would not be able to compete and take the map! - You'd be stomped into the ground and sit on the forums and cry like you already do just with a bunch of ports given to you even though you don't deserve them or have earned them! - That is not only arrogance but also somewhat realistic - also don't bitch about things that were happily done to the British until we managed to fight back but when it happens to you it's all unfair - open your eyes and change your bloody attitude because I can tell you none of us British captains wants to cut you guys any slack anymore - not with this shitty attitude!