Game-Labs Forum

Treaty between Spain and pirates clans

BilL.it

Would be nice to know if it began as a mutual agreement or an ultimatum. Who were the people who sat at the table on this one? (for future references' sake and national transparency) people who make these "treaties" that affect the gameplay of hundreds of players need to take the responsibility to identify themselves and assume the basic responsibilities of leadership.

Im all for solidarity with the french, always have been.

Edited by Potemkin

I'm not surprised to see all the trolling around here. But i hqve to say that after a while playing this game, the Pirates have been one of the very few along the French to honour their word. Unlike the Brits who just tried to bully everyone around to their liking.

I'm not surprised to see all the trolling around here. But i hqve to say that after a while playing this game, the Pirates have been one of the very few along the French to honour their word. Unlike the Brits who just tried to bully everyone around to their liking.

LOL French honour their word...sure...

Glad to see our Friends shake theirs hands and be friends too :)

I think I'll take my fastest vessel and come to visit you tonight, taverns will be crowded, beers will flow and tapas me gustan tambien :D

Then I'll go to visit Pirats, I was told there are nice girls in their ports :wub:  

Edited by Forbin

I must say I'm happy for Spain even tho I do not like sorry&co. Spain is the nation that had to sustain the most beatings out of all the nations,(or close to sweden atleast). Them controlling a large area, the start of an economic upturn, sounds only fair to me. Just make sure to keep yours guys together, unlike the USA, where clans left for the gulf area and where only participating in PVE after a little while, effectively splitting the nation.

• Like 1

It´s a question of human nature. When authority is abused, human beings naturally reject it. When power is abused, human beings naturally join forces to counter the abuse.

The political dimension of this game is amazingly accurate. Any historian could have foretold the reaction of other factions to the British treatment of smaller factions, so unbecoming of the Values Britain was build upon, and so consistent with British imperial history.

The fact that some factions are cooperating against British dominance is only a logical consequence of British actions, and the British captains should not complain about it, since it could have been predicted by anyone with a pinch of intelligence and common sense. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, this is true in the real world and this is true in the Naval action world.

For example, I´m not familiar to the reasons that brought the AUSEZ clan to join the Pirate faction. What I know is that the Pirate faction´s behaviour is what would be expected of a great and dominant faction like Britain. Pirates are being far more civilized than British.. and for most of our Spanish history, a British flag has meant a pirate was at the helm anyway. Britain has wasted an opportunity to become the balancing force in the game, and has chosen instead to abuse their predominant position in numbers and strength to conquer other nations. What other outcome were they expecting from their strategy?

Fortunately, every tyrannical empire expands to the limits of its capacity, only to start breaking up as its forces are spread too thin and its citizens long for liberty. This was the fate of every empire, and every tyrant, from the Persians and Romans to the Ottomans or the British. It is a historical constant that is only repeating itself in this pixel world. The "betrayal" of the AUSEZ is only the first libertarian rift in the monolith that was the British faction, the French, Spanish, Pirates and other factions joining forces against the British is only a a reaction to the British clan leadership trying to impose their tyranny by the force of arms upon other weaker nations. History again.

I hope someone in the Admiralty takes note of this ans tries to bring your nation to its senses before you end up taking a cyanide pill in a smelly bunker in Jamaica, under the combined fire of the allied forces.

And I hope the Pirate leadership shows in time better judgement than the British Admiralty.

Capitán de Fragata Don Sancho Navarro

This is my personal view, I do not speak for my clan or faction

• Like 3

It´s a question of human nature. When authority is abused, human beings naturally reject it. When power is abused, human beings naturally join forces to counter the abuse.

The political dimension of this game is amazingly accurate. Any historian could have foretold the reaction of other factions to the British treatment of smaller factions, so unbecoming of the Values Britain was build upon, and so consistent with British imperial history.

The fact that some factions are cooperating against British dominance is only a logical consequence of British actions, and the British captains should not complain about it, since it could have been predicted by anyone with a pinch of intelligence and common sense. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, this is true in the real world and this is true in the Naval action world.

For example, I´m not familiar to the reasons that brought the AUSEZ clan to join the Pirate faction. What I know is that the Pirate faction´s behaviour is what would be expected of a great and dominant faction like Britain. Pirates are being far more civilized than British.. and for most of our Spanish history, a British flag has meant a pirate was at the helm anyway. Britain has wasted an opportunity to become the balancing force in the game, and has chosen instead to abuse their predominant position in numbers and strength to conquer other nations. What other outcome were they expecting from their strategy?

Fortunately, every tyrannical empire expands to the limits of its capacity, only to start breaking up as its forces are spread too thin and its citizens long for liberty. This was the fate of every empire, and every tyrant, from the Persians and Romans to the Ottomans or the British. It is a historical constant that is only repeating itself in this pixel world. The "betrayal" of the AUSEZ is only the first libertarian rift in the monolith that was the British faction, the French, Spanish, Pirates and other factions joining forces against the British is only a a reaction to the British clan leadership trying to impose their tyranny by the force of arms upon other weaker nations. History again.

I hope someone in the Admiralty takes note of this ans tries to bring your nation to its senses before you end up taking a cyanide pill in a smelly bunker in Jamaica, under the combined fire of the allied forces.

And I hope the Pirate leadership shows in time better judgement than the British Admiralty.

Hello pot its me kettle... 

I specially like when you talk about the tyranny of the British picking on small defenseless nations, when the 3 smallest nations on the map (Swedes, Dutch, USA) are being constantly stomped by the Pirate/Spanish/Danish/French alliance :) 

Just one clan voted against it.

We hope that the majority is right and that the "disisdents" are wrong.

As a "disident" i d be glad of that.

Other "disidents" in the Spanish faction have tried to break the agreements reached by the Spabish Council before. We wont.

We had an agreement with the USA and we underestand that the circumstances have changed dramatically, but agreements are made to be fullfilled also when the other part is not strong.

We have been at war with the UK for more than 2 months now because they wanted to kick us back to La Habana and now we make a pact with someone who is doing exactly the same with others?

No one feeling a bad taste in his mouth?

No one feels unconfortable with this?

As I said, we wont try to blow this treaty up, but we cant agree with it.

Gaizka

BSG

Well said!

Maybe you should reflect on the irony of what you just posted, considering what is being done to the USA by your good pals SORRY...

Talk with your countryman Gaizka, he sees this situation clearly at least...

Edited by Knobby

Hello pot its me kettle... 

I specially like when you talk about the tyranny of the British picking on small defenseless nations, when the 3 smallest nations on the map (Swedes, Dutch, USA) are being constantly stomped by the Pirate/Spanish/Danish/French alliance :)

Dutch...smallest nation. Yes. Wasn't before the merge and surely isn't after the merge. Actually it was never a small one. What server are you on again ?...

• Like 4

Dutch...smallest nation. Yes. Wasn't before the merge and surely isn't after the merge. Actually it was never a small one. What server are you on again ?...

When we started trading Kanelbulle and Lussekatt for our Gouda cheese we became an even more weighty Nation.  ;)

Still miss your insights, Hetwill.

• Like 1

PVP1, you can actually check that in game through the find player function btw, and im not talking about the territory they hold but the actual player base.

PVP1, you can actually check that in game through the find player function btw, and im not talking about the territory they hold but the actual player base.

Actually, according to number of simultaneous fleets, dutch aren't a small nation lol and swedish outnumbered french forces too at any time of the day ^^ Well, idon't know exactly how many players there are in these 2 nations, but i really think the merge give them a large renforcement :)

Edited by charognard666

That was exactly what I was talking about. Territory is simply pearls in a string.

Lytse, I miss the good talks but good folks are everywhere :)

Might change nation again one of these days, like US or something.

• Like 2

Actually, according to number of simultaneous fleets, dutch aren't a small nation lol and swedish outnumbered french forces too at any time of the day ^^ Well, idon't know exactly how many players there are in these 2 nations, but i really think the merge give them a large renforcement :)

Well including Dutch to that was primary based of one dutch chap that rerolled to the British side and said that the Dutch have a very small though insanely active community. Not sure how true it is reflected and i guess we wont know until the developers post that, though i assume they are afraid to post data like that with all the shit storm they would get from players about pirates :D

Well said!

Maybe you should reflect on the irony of what you just posted, considering what is being done to the USA by your good pals SORRY...

! month ago the US had taken all pirates port, all of the bahamas, what you see today is the result of SORRY fighing them back and taking evryithing making sure it never happens agine.

Unlike the US we did not fold and quit, we organized and fought back.

Edited by Lord Nelsson

I was there, playing for Spain, when the USA and Britain had stomped her down to ONE port, La Habana.

I was there, the day off Mantua, when the reconquista began. I saw the hundreds of Spanish ships, united around one goal, working towards the liberation of Cuba.

Since that time, the members of SORRY were disrespected by the powers that be in the USA faction, and have taken their revenge by decimating the USA down to a few ports near Charleston... twice. But it didn't have to be that way.

Since that time, the Spanish have reconquered half of Cuba and helped push the USA out of the Gulf, and they did it on their own until just the last few days.

SORRY is now the dominant force on PVP1, and Spain... we're still doing what we've been doing all along, and will continue doing.

• Like 3