Game-Labs Forum

Treaty between Spain and pirates clans

BilL.it

Dear Charognard,

Easy to say when theyre not knock on your front door. If they didnt have the ability to switch sides like they did and were forced to start again when they did switch we wouldnt have this problem, fact!

So Pipe down Frenchy till theyre on your front door!,thanks :)

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Edited by saintjacktar

Dear Charognard,

Easy to say when theyre not knock on your front door. If they didnt have the ability to switch sides like they did and were forced to start again when the did switch we wouldnt have this problem, fact!

So Pipe down Frenchy till theyre on your front door!,thanks :)

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Well, i'm actually fighting 2 nations, and yes, we are not at 1 ports, but we are in a fkin bad situation :) and ? And nothing, we are playing and making our duty. Life is hard. today, we re hammered by swedish and dutch, it sould be the pirates, the situation should be the same. Like Spain hammered by GB some times ago... Well yes, Pirates are a very strong nations, but NO it's not because they re pirates, it's because they re numerous and strong.

• Like 1

Well, i'm actually fighting 2 nations, and yes, we are not at 1 ports, but we are in a fkin bad situation :) and ? And nothing, we are playing and making our duty. Life is hard. today, we re hammered by swedish and dutch, it sould be the pirates, the situation should be the same. Like Spain hammered by GB some times ago... Well yes, Pirates are a very strong nations, but NO it's not because they re pirates, it's because they re numerous and strong.

Dear Charognard,

Your ignorance astounds me! Maybe the problem is that they re numerous and the game facilitates them to be so. Allowing all the Nations "run off" to pool up in one area is not good game mechanics. Turning Pirate should come at a cost, i ask you where is that cost or risk ? It doesnt exist. And again the Swedes and the Dutch are nowhere near the size of Pirates last I heard SORRY alone had over 100 active members and now the new turncoat AUSFC is up here as well. (At least they re gentlemen in thier Piracy)

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

From what i saw they dont need 25 Santi to beat you. They beat you thanks to discipline and tactical skill, two things that your nation lacked.

Dear Otto

Bahahaha are you kidding me you fight the stragglers of a dying nation and you call it tactical skill and discipline! its like beating a small child to death! He might swat at you a couple of times but he ll die soon enough. The rhetoric from you guys is unbelievable youd think you were winning Olympic gold not taking undefended ports jeez. And yes you re not using your Dread fleet, but that because after you realised we werent defending you didnt have too, not because your so skilled you dont have to use it and because no Fleet Commander worth his grain of salt would attack that bastard fleet!

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Edited by saintjacktar
  • Like 2

Dear Otto

The saddest part of all is that your clan, your faction and the nations that suckle at your teet by extension have hijacked a game that the devs clearly worked so hard to create and as it continues the game hemorages once dedicated players like a foul head wound on a daily basis. I mean im gonna continue to play and do my thing as is my clan but it is only your own content you are hurting, seriously how long do you think the exhiled Gulfies of WBK can hold up this Guerilla war they ve locked into? Im tipping not much longer

P.S - and Ive watched your clans EVE online strategy video and all I can say is

Maybe you should have waited to full release before execute such strategies, you know like maybe when there was a larger more dedicated player base and a game with a stronger foundation

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Edited by saintjacktar

Maybe the Dread Fleet needs a new big enemy then. But I foresee issues with timezones not compatible. Same old same old.

Dear Hethwill

Who do you propose?, I see no Santi size sails on the horizon do you?

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Where do u propose we do it then? SORRY plagues all the threads so my audience is literally in all these threads??, I can change threads but my opinions do not change

Yours faithfully

Captain saintjacktar

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Dear Hethwill

Who do you propose?, I see no Santi size sails on the horizon do you?

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

1 clan, Sorry, versus Dutch (?), but it is incompatible due to prime time timezones.

Dear Otto

The saddest part of all is that your clan, your faction and the nations that suckle at your teet by extension have hijacked a game that the devs clearly worked so hard to create and as it continues the game hemorages once dedicated players like a foul head wound on a daily basis. I mean im gonna continue to play and do my thing as is my clan but it is only your own content you are hurting, seriously how long do you think the exhiled Gulfies of WBK can hold up this Guerilla war they ve locked into? Im tipping not much longer

P.S - and Ive watched your clans EVE online strategy video and all I can say is

Maybe you should have waited to full release before execute such strategies, you know like maybe when there was a larger more dedicated player base and a game with a stronger foundation

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

No one has pity for whine-asses. If you really think that you can get pity and help from the devs by refusing to fight back then i guess thats just a reflection of your personal demeanor. Trust me it didn't work for Spain. And there is no excuse for not fighting in regular deep water ports anymore, 4th rates are not hard to acquire, especially with addition of smuggling res. If the devs cave to all the weenies trying to break the game to force un-thought out/ hurried changes, it will set a very dangerous precedent. I don't think the devs are that short-sighted. Get your shit together or quit till you get your way. Honestly the pirate zerg just looks like one big mass of pvp oppurtunity on an epic scale making its way across the map. Im trying to decide what nation i make my stand with....

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

Everyone here is banging on the Pirates because they are overwhelming USA and Brits but i didn't see the same morale when the same 2 nations, which were quite large at the time, allied against Spain to reduce it to 1 port.

Some things aren't really problems if they happen once. They are a problem when it becomes a pattern.

The pattern has been that powerful teams ally up rather than fighting each other, and most wars are as absolutely lopsided as the aggressors can figure out how to make them. When it should have maybe been USA + Spain vs Britain (a good fight, probably), it was USA + Britain vs Spain (a stupid fight). When it should have been Pirates vs Danes (a good fight, probably), Pirates allied with the Danes. When it should be Spain + Britain vs Pirates (maybe a good fight), it's Spain + Pirates vs Britain, which I doubt will be good at this point.

Half of the reason people quit this game is because the player leadership are mostly idiots, more interested in "winning" (empty port battle after empty port battle) than actually doing anything fun or having a good war. The pirates are my new whipping boys on this issue but I can point fingers at almost every team over this. (I would say the reason most USA players quit is because the "Council" never lead them to any sort of fun wars. I watched for weeks while USA did almost exactly nothing on the map.)

I hear SORRY's own numbers are dropping too. It's the same thing I tried to tell the pirates on PVP2, as well: if you don't give yourselves a good war, your players will quit. The PVP2 pirates should have been fighting the British, but instead they attacked the French, who were about 1/4th their size and the end result is the pirates mostly got bored, then had one frustrating weekend and they all quit.

I'm pretty worried about what will happen to this game when actual Diplomacy gets implemented. I suspect the big teams will peace themselves right out of the game (like now, but formally, and quicker). Human nature seems to be to make friends with powerful teams when they would really be the most fun enemies.

Who would have guessed that the death of Naval Action as a game might come about because the player-leadership doesn't really want to fight or take chances?

• Like 6

Well including Dutch to that was primary based of one dutch chap that rerolled to the British side and said that the Dutch have a very small though insanely active community. Not sure how true it is reflected and i guess we wont know until the developers post that, though i assume they are afraid to post data like that with all the shit storm they would get from players about pirates :D

No they arent. Its just not really makeable.

seriously how long do you think the exhiled Gulfies of WBK can hold up this Guerilla war they ve locked into? I

Well, while guerilla warfare is the warfare of the weak, it is also the warfare of will power. Let me tell you we got a lot more will power than you would expect. 

I assure you that my clan and the other clans I work alongside are not trying to break the game. The fact that the pirate faction is not as it should is irrelevant to me. They are what they are and we either combat that or we don't.

Half of the reason people quit this game is because the player leadership are mostly idiots, more interested in "winning" (empty port battle after empty port battle) than actually doing anything fun or having a good war. The pirates are my new whipping boys on this issue but I can point fingers at almost every team over this. (I would say the reason most USA players quit is because the "Council" never lead them to any sort of fun wars. I watched for weeks while USA did almost exactly nothing on the map.)

I can only respond to this by saying that the founding members of the council (although not known as the council at that time)were responsible for taking all of the ports that were taken from us in recent weeks. In fact, the activity of that push was primarily done by three clans. Two large ones and two small one. We provided a lot of content for our players. The downside is that we were mostly flipping unguarded ports. We had a few tussles with the Dons and and some with the Louisianan Frogs and at the end some Brits(who are now pirate), but the vast majority were not protected. It meant that for all our hard work we got woefully behind in leveling because as we all should know by now, you can't level fighting towers alone.

The inactive time of the council was simply to get leveled up. It was of prime importance. Every nation but Spain maybe, was light years ahead of us in leveling and we knew that the one clan that had first rate power would turn pirate at its first practical convenience.

During that time of leveling, not one single clan rose up to aid the east. Even the pvp2 clans ignored the east coast. Daily we watched first rates grinding missions out of Cabo yet never lent a hand in anything else.

We had just a spattering of help when we attacked Cuba and the Bahamas in search of content again but most of that help disappeared as soon as the Pirates pushed back.

So the council is not trying to break the game. They are trying to wake up the nation to the idea that we are all responsible for its defense. We already are seeing groups forming to take back ports or to rid the coast of the pests. This is good.

We are thinking of the long game and not instant gratification. We are not concerned about power. If I was then I would never have ordered my clan to privateer. We want to see an attitude shift in the nation. As is shown more than once in the US, a divided nation is a week nation.

With all this said, I thank the clans and groups that have been doing their best with what they got to counter attack. You know who you are and you know you have my gratitude. Keep it up.

Dear Otto

The saddest part of all is that your clan, your faction and the nations that suckle at your teet by extension have hijacked a game that the devs clearly worked so hard to create and as it continues the game hemorages once dedicated players like a foul head wound on a daily basis. I mean im gonna continue to play and do my thing as is my clan but it is only your own content you are hurting, seriously how long do you think the exhiled Gulfies of WBK can hold up this Guerilla war they ve locked into? Im tipping not much longer.

First, I want to say that I am insulted by the notion that WBK is a "gulfie" clan. We ran crafting out of Cayo Del Anclote, yes, but we operated everywhere. We were at Sunbury, at Cabo, and we fought in Cuba and the Bahamas. We move with the fight.

Second, we are doing just fine and we can hold out indefinitely.

Honestly the pirate zerg just looks like one big mass of pvp oppurtunity on an epic scale making its way across the map. Im trying to decide what nation i make my stand with....

I concur, which is why my clan still fights, and we are being joined by those US players who wish to make a stand.

Edited by EricKilla

the dutch together with our friends the swedish and the british are like the human/elfs/dwarfs in lord of the rings... the good wil always win!

Anyone else ever wonder why it takes a hobbit weeks of dangerous travel to toss a ring in a volcano only to have an eagle pick him up at said volcano and fly him back in a day. I'm just saying maybe there as an easier way.

• Like 1

Anyone else ever wonder why it takes a hobbit weeks of dangerous travel to toss a ring in a volcano only to have an eagle pick him up at said volcano and fly him back in a day. I'm just saying maybe there as an easier way.

Toss the hobbit.... no no... hurl the hobbit by means of a onager or other appropriate mechanical device.

The downside is that we were mostly flipping unguarded ports.

Yep. That's the problem. Same mistake the pirates just made, too.

Our mistake all along has probably been trying to play this alpha as a real strategy game, including doing really boring, stupid stuff. We probably should have all just agreed to meet in Haiti, assign 1 port to each team that none of us will try to take over and then just duke it out over the other ports.

It would be strategically moronic but would be 100x more fun than this dot-flipping strategy game we've all been trying to play instead.

• Like 5

Yep. That's the problem. Same mistake the pirates just made, too.

Our mistake all along has probably been trying to play this alpha as a real strategy game, including doing really boring, stupid stuff. We probably should have all just agreed to meet in Haiti, assign 1 port to each team that none of us will try to take over and then just duke it out over the other ports.

It would be strategically moronic but would be 100x more fun than this dot-flipping strategy game we've all been trying to play instead.

Had been thinking about this too...declare a part of the map an "arena"... put some ports up between the current "alliances" UK,Dutch, Swedes, US VS Spain, pirate, dane and french. First team to cap all ports gets a point. Would probably be allot of fun and massive concentrated PvP'ing.

Are you really finding any fun in this sort of quick action round based game without any long term goal ???

For me, and many other ppl, the fun is to seeing our nation prospering, by wars (sometimes) and military strategy but by diplomacy and politics agreements too..

I'm sorry, but your fun isn't mine bro. Many of you are just looking for battles and "fun" but don't forget ppl who love simulation, and something more deep and interesting than just sinking quickly some ships.

Edited by charognard666
  • Like 2