Game-Labs Forum

Glorious Victories against the HATED SORRY CLAN.

BeeRanch

I invite any clan or nation to post a screenshot or video of their Victories against the SORRY clan.

As far as this thread is concerned: IF YOU CANNOT BACK IT UP WITH A SCREENSHOT OR VIDEO IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

I will be particularly interested to see any posts where the odds were even or close to even. If you can post a screenshot or video where you have defeated SORRY when you are outgunned and out numbered you will be my hero.

• Like 1

when ever i try to vs them they surrender :\ and i was out gunned only had bottom 18lbs ;o

8wDuRWo.jpg

BnvbVI3.jpg  finally found someone who didn't surrender :D but... wasn't much of a challenge...(seahyena joined late so he was pretty far away when it started and by the time he got close i already capped the third rate)

S8CdINx.jpg IpHGyOg.jpg

• Like 8

QMVBlVc.jpg

izEG9tI.jpg

P03XeGZ.jpg

The enemy was in front of Kingston/Port Royal. It is an everyday occurrence that enemy fleets of various sizes come and go near K/PR, Carlisle, and Port Morant, etc.. They usually are looking for easy prey, easy fights. In some cases they're looking for any PVP at all (like the French did a few days ago.)

When this pirate fleet here in this example was first reported many of us were 2+ hours sail away grinding fleets. It was out of our boredom did decide to teleport back and go investigate this reported sighting.

Were we confident we would win? Well it was any person's gamble as we didn't have an accurate count of the enemy or their ship types. All we cared about was finding something to do and this was an excuse to do something. Whether they were 10 or 20 we probably still would have chased them.

It is within our territory so even if the odds were in the enemy favor we would have still probably engaged as it is within our duty and obligation to do so.

The big picture here is a pre-made group knowingly pre-determined to travel out of their way to where PVP would have been almost certain into unfriendly territory and then simply ran and hid from PVP anyways.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NavalAction/comments/4eewzd/scumbag_swashbuckler/

BnD7Z5n.png

• Like 10

Thank all of you for your screenshots.  I think a victory should involve ships being sunk or captured or a defended port being captured.

Showing screen where the intended victim escapes is hardly a victory

Also a single screenshot showing the final results will suffice

Edited by BeeRanch

Thank all of you for your screenshots. I think a victory should involve ships being sunk or captured or a defended port being captured.

Now we're resorting to conditions? Lawl

I could post a few I have been in I guess.  There are a lot more than these though..

5JRVzyB.jpg

Next one here was 2 escaped Connies on SORRY side

nOAlpgF.jpg

This PB had fairly close BR.  Our side may have had just a bit more with the towers in it like that.

gtD2bS4.jpg

KmA7Qx0.jpg

Those are just a few I could find that were fairly close fights rather than the many ganks that have happened to them.  I don't do extensive record keeping on this stuff though.  I generally only screenshot if the BR is close to even because being proud of uneven victories is just silliness.  I'm sure many of my fellow TDA have shots of other even fights.

• Like 6

What are you trying to achieve by this?

You accuse us of bragging and gloating at everyone expense so I thought it only fair to give you guys the opportunity to return the favor. Go ahead Reginald if you have a victory against SORRY post it.

What I am most interested to see is multi-ship engagements. The bigger the better. 

Thank all of you for your screenshots.  I think a victory should involve ships being sunk or captured or a defended port being captured.

Ooops...that thread backfired to its creator...

• Like 4

Attention everybody: conditions have changed yet again. It's only large engagements now.

Here is a list of screenshots that don't meet the requirements anymore:

1) screens of sorry members running from Equal engagements

2) screens of fights against smaller fleets (presumably all engagements that don't include the Santi fleet)

@beeranch: please help me complete that list. There surely are more categories that don't quit make the cut

• Like 7

I seem to recall a screenshot somewhere of a SORRY fleet of equal strength getting absolutely annihilated at a shallow water port battle, a loss that Vicious acknowledged. Know why we didn't post it? Or do I have to spell it out for you?

To think I cried tears of joy a few days ago when they reopened the National News section.  :wacko:  :blink:  ;)

In fairness National News is intended for reasonable propaganda and such as long as it doesn't get really nasty.

• Like 2

In all seriousness, what has SORRY actually accomplished?

Do they fight the Danes? Are the Danes strong enough to be interesting?

What happened to the fights against the British? I thought that takeover of some Jamaica ports would lead up to something.

I know this takeover of the US coast is supposed to be impressive but it is literally boring and to me looks like just another example of a huge, lame team that doesn't fight the other huge teams.

Why does every huge team in this game so very carefully avoid each other.

I seem to recall a screenshot somewhere of a SORRY fleet of equal strength getting absolutely annihilated at a shallow water port battle, a loss that Vicious acknowledged. Know why we didn't post it? Or do I have to spell it out for you?

Ones that I personally participated in SORRY lost at West End a month ago with even numbers and they had the BR and numbers over us at Savannah and lost that port assault quite badly. The excuse given is they weren't using their 1st rates deathball. Neither of those I have screenshots of, however. I will leave this here on behalf of Dualstar and Coraline Vodka.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269465930026739609/39C0285938060868CE2A6C126EB5B1A546AC1F75/

• Like 1

Attention everybody: conditions have changed yet again. It's only large engagements now.

Here is a list of screenshots that don't meet the requirements anymore:

1) screens of sorry members running from Equal engagements

2) screens of fights against smaller fleets (presumably all engagements that don't include the Santi fleet)

@beeranch: please help me complete that list. There surely are more categories that don't quit make the cut

The conditions have not changed. I have just stated what I am most interested to see. I ask you, what do you think constitutes a "Glorious victory" ?  To me it should involve ships being sunk or captured. A single ship engagement can be glorious but more ships = more glory in my humble opinion.

Ones that I personally participated in SORRY lost at West End a month ago with even numbers and they had the BR and numbers over us at Savannah and lost that port assault quite badly. The excuse given is they weren't using their 1st rates deathball. Neither of those I have screenshots of, however. I will leave this here on behalf of Dualstar and Coraline Vodka.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269465930026739609/39C0285938060868CE2A6C126EB5B1A546AC1F75/

I have been involved in a shallow water PB where we got beat fair and square with about even forces but it wasn't in west end. I look forward to seeing your screenshot.

While the screenshot of Dualstar and Coraline  Vodka was certainly a personal victory, they failed in their mission to take the port. I'm not sure that qualifies as a glorious victory. It could be argued that SORRY won that battle by defending the port and losing only one ship.

Edited by BeeRanch