Game-Labs Forum

Clans/people not following the pvp1 zerg rush

Mrdoomed

Hey Captains.

We have to admit we wasted some good dev time in Jan after release on the unnecessary features (listened to players a bit more than needed due to our previous position to always react to player wants fast)

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • several backup and server stability related features
  • other things

We learnt a lot and this might help in the future (or other games) but we should not have done it.

Merging and transfer will happen after War & peace/rvr/port battles changes are approved by players and coded. It might take 1-2 months. If you want more action it is advised to just transfer to pvp 1. If you want more secluded environment you can stay. 

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

If you could keep gold and BPs, moving would be acceptable to most people.  No merge needed.  Not sure how that would work for those of us that have characters on both servers though.  

Edited by Cpt Farragut
  • Like 1

One time copy of all assets from PVP2 to PVP1, including blueprints and all outposts/ships/assets "as is". In other words, if you have an outpost in an enemy port, it will copy over, but you won't be able to access it (because it's enemy controlled).

Although, in all seriousness, I think you should consider going the other way: merge PVP1 into PVP2.

Oceanic/Asian players have very high pings to the Euro servers. Everyone can play on PVP2 but not everyone can play on PVP1.

You will have the same issue, lot of people will claim they can't play on PVP2

Merging when you have assets on both servers is tough.  There are two easy options (neither terribly good):

1. Allow multiple characters per server, and force a rename if needed during merge so that your characters have unique names.

2. Delete any existing character on the target server being merged to.  This is prone to problems if players don't plan/prepare properly.

The good options are of course not easy.

Hey Captains.

We have to admit we wasted some good dev time in Jan after release on the unnecessary features (listened to players a bit more than needed due to our previous position to always react to player wants fast)

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • other things

We learnt a lot and this might help in the future (or other games) but we should not have done it.

Merging and transfer will happen after War & peace/rvr/port battles changes are approved by players and coded. It might take 1-2 months. If you want more action it is advised to just transfer to pvp 1. If you want more secluded environment you can stay. 

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

Good news but an odd place to make this kind of announcement .......... under "National Wars and Piracy".

Why didn't admin post this under "Developer news and announcements"

There could be issues with players who have made the switch to PVP 1 but still have a lot of stuff in PVP 2 ......... wonder how that will be handled.

Take a break, wait and see............stay in PVP 2 for now.

Nice to see this problem has gotten the attention of the Dev's now .......... 4 or 5 days ago would have been better for those that switched.

Edited by Bert Beard

Hmm this is interesting i started mainly in pvp2 but made an alt in pvp1 because i couldn't make up my mind in the beginning...after few days i went full pvp2...but just recently i went pvp1 because of low pop and other reasons.  With this in mind, my main question is, if they do a merge what will happen to those who have assets in pvp2 but also pvp1? ....but like you said you will discuss this after the next update. but ill keep this a stand by question till then.

My guess is keep playing wherever you have the most stuff because its very doubtful they'll let people combine assets.

I am all for the single shard mmo playstyle like eve online but i hope people know what this will mean for your assets

The clean and fastest way for them to do it is a server wipe of assets and a map reset, so this lovely game can start over again from a clean slate

• Like 1

Hey Captains.

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • other things

I literally <3 <3 <3 everything about this post <3 <3 <3

• Like 1

They will most likely do a server merge after a wipe so the only thing to worry about might be blueprints (unless they wipe that too).

Easy way would be to just have the bp's copied over that your pvp 1 account doesn't have.

• Like 1

I recommend to everyone in this thread:

TURN YOUR ASSETS INTO XP/CRAFT XP.

That is the only CONFIRMED asset we have as players during Early Access. We could possibly get a redeemable ship or something to that effect when the server merge happens, but as gold/ships/ports are very tangible to say the least, it would be HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to turn all of your resources into experience. I have personally begun my transfer to PvP1 and while my BPs/gold/etc. did not carry over, the enjoyment of playing with an active server is worth the sacrifice.

In many ways, as it stands currently, PvP2 players who transfer to PvP1 stand to benefit GREATLY as craft XP on PvP2 is MUCH easier to personally obtain all the mats needed for ships without a price gouge. Of course BPs will be missed, but a level 40 crafter transferring to PvP1 where resources are highly limited publicly is an extremely valuable asset.

To all of my PvP2 friends, I admire those who stuck with the server thus far and those who will continue to stay. Personally, I enjoy PvP1 more and with the server merge on the horizon I wouldn't hold any ill will to those who want to transfer now.

Also, @devs

Keep in mind some of us have characters on PvP1 and PvP2 now. I'm not sure how easy it would be to combine assets from both (especially on opposite factions) but please keep this in mind.

• Like 1

I recommend to everyone in this thread:

TURN YOUR ASSETS INTO XP/CRAFT XP.

welcome to pvp1. And yes, with lvl 40 crafting you will roll in money in no time ( crafting note)

Edited by Nash

They will most likely do a server merge after a wipe so the only thing to worry about might be blueprints (unless they wipe that too).

Easy way would be to just have the bp's copied over that your pvp 1 account doesn't have.

If they wipe the BP a kitten will die for every cancelled BP!

So don't do it!

• Like 2

Hey Captains.

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • other things

I realize what a difficult position the dev team has been put in between trying to appease the playerbase and continuing to refine/hone the final product that will be Naval Action.  I get that you have read tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of comments and suggestions relating to this game.  I hope the constant nitpicking (however well-intentioned or constructive it may be) and loss of playerbase has not discouraged you guys and that you realize how many of us have already come to love this game.

Thanks for all your hard work and for making such a great game.  I look forward to seeing the changes that will cause Naval Action to draw an even wider crowd and become a well-known title among the gaming community. Hats off.

• Like 2

fyi BP might not stay if we have an asset wipe

they only promise lvl xp and crafting xp will stay.

I'm still lost on this, iirc they stated on EA launch day that only rank XP would be safe, then crafting cp was included in that promise.

This was known, and for sometime. Why complain and put work into it if you knew this was going to happen.

I'm still lost on this, iirc they stated on EA launch day that only rank XP would be safe, then crafting cp was included in that promise.

This was known, and for sometime. Why complain and put work into it if you knew this was going to happen.

huh me?

Im not complain anything, max rank this game 4 time already and 5th time soon.

Edited by Nash

I'm fairly sure it's been said BPs will be wiped.

Still the kittens will die! So they have time to change their mind.

PS: on a serious side, it would be wrong since no one will be crafting exceptional ships, but just grey ones (they give the same amount of crafting XP while crafting the crafting notes do not give any valuable crafting XP)

Edited by victor