Game-Labs Forum

Clans/people not following the pvp1 zerg rush

Mrdoomed

Ok since the pvp2 news thing is more of a goodbye letter than news now so can we get a tally of who is staying and at least going to wait to see what is gonna happen.

My tiny pirate clan has no plans to leave so ill start.

Black Death

4 members and full!

Purge (France) isn't going anywhere as things stand currently.  

If the pop drops to the point where there literally is no PvP we may also re-evaluate -- but even then we'd more likely just go on hiatus till next content patch brings folks back than switch servers.

Whenever we get to a wipe and everything starts over anyway, we may also re-evaluate. 

• Like 1

well if you are going to PvP1 for the fun might I suggest Sverige. Granted not everyone is competent enough to play for the "mission impossible" faction but those of us who are have made it "mission boatloads of fun."

just sayin'

sorry, who are you?

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 1

well if you are going to PvP1 for the fun might I suggest Sverige. Granted not everyone is competent enough to play for the "mission impossible" faction but those of us who are have made it "mission boatloads of fun."

just sayin'

The 'mission impossible timers' faction? Oh wait, read that wrong...

• Like 3

(France) LBORK is staying, but the discussion to move to PvP1 after a port/asset wipe is open. Waiting for a Server merge seems to be the more viable option.

Yes after a wipe its every server for itself but till then we need to keep them from poaching us.

For now, PvP2 or GTFO =)

I think the inevitable merge/server death is coming, but until then lets have some good fights and kill some shit.

France/Britain/Americans/Pirates are all in the same area and if we fight over the same few ports around Haiti/Western Cuba/Jamaica/Bahamas should be some good times.  Someone please ask the Dutch to get their asses in gear and move some big boats up here and join in the fun :)

• Like 2

see you in 3 days then..

Its like you want the other sever to die. You know its probably not going anywhere for a long time because if this game makes it it live it will probably have a large population boom that will be on pvp2.

It just dont make sense for some of us that dont want to reroll , start over , then a wipe comes and we start over again then the game launches and pvp2 has a steady high population from North America and South America.

• Like 1

Of course the people that left want to feel better about their decision so yes, they do want PVP2 to die faster.  No one wants to feel like they made the wrong choice.  They would feel really silly if PVP2 all of a sudden was thriving again and  they chose to start over for nothing.

They would also feel really silly if the devs at some point decide to create a systemic way to merge/transfer without having to start over.  By that point it will have been too late for those that moved now.

Edited by Arsilon
  • Like 1

Any new players from North or South America that join will most likely go to the server dedicated as US . Its not our fault it said that so the more people convince new players to leave then if course the server cant grown.

Anyone still bere had probably seen we are actually having great pvp nkw constantly lol. The remaining players are all close together and its fun and probably more realistic really.

• Like 1

I still have my charter on pvp2 and i might be soloing for a bit too i might even switch sides to try out different nations...hopped over to pvp1 and i really dont know if i care much for it. at this point im just burnt out on the game plus lack of content.

I still have my charter on pvp2 and i might be soloing for a bit too i might even switch sides to try out different nations...hopped over to pvp1 and i really dont know if i care much for it. at this point im just burnt out on the game plus lack of content.

I think you are a US player if i remember right so i cant know if that is a bore or not but me and a few guys play as pirates and in the more " traditional " way people think pirates should act.

I can say we do not get bored but we are off way far from pirate home world and we go straight to were players are thick and we chase, fight , run , and have fun. Last night i sank 1 or 2 brits then ended up with a dozen chasing me which was the funnest part of the night. I manage to run from Port Royal to almost hati using just weather effects defensive clicking targets and good old wind. In the end i screwed up and targetes one of them to late and we had a 9 or 10 vs1 in which i was ripping a few of them up but in the end died in my basic suprise.

We all talked back and forth about the fight , the game , the server etc and as i was sinking they saluted me and said the admired my fight and bravery.

Now how can a day be much better lol. Maybe as an American you should try privateering for a while...so much fun.

SSU is staying until numbers get unbearably low. 

For now, PvP2 or GTFO =)

I think the inevitable merge/server death is coming, but until then lets have some good fights and kill some shit.

France/Britain/Americans/Pirates are all in the same area and if we fight over the same few ports around Haiti/Western Cuba/Jamaica/Bahamas should be some good times.  Someone please ask the Dutch to get their asses in gear and move some big boats up here and join in the fun :)

(France) LBORK is staying, but the discussion to move to PvP1 after a port/asset wipe is open. Waiting for a Server merge seems to be the more viable option.

OMG is staying put.

Purge (France) isn't going anywhere as things stand currently.  

If the pop drops to the point where there literally is no PvP we may also re-evaluate -- but even then we'd more likely just go on hiatus till next content patch brings folks back than switch servers.

Whenever we get to a wipe and everything starts over anyway, we may also re-evaluate. 

Hey Captains.

We have to admit we wasted some good dev time in Jan after release on the unnecessary features (listened to players a bit more than needed due to our previous position to always react to player wants fast)

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • several backup and server stability related features
  • other things

We learnt a lot and this might help in the future (or other games) but we should not have done it.

Merging and transfer will happen after War & peace/rvr/port battles changes are approved by players and coded. It might take 1-2 months. If you want more action it is advised to just transfer to pvp 1. If you want more secluded environment you can stay. 

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

• Like 16

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

One time copy of all assets from PVP2 to PVP1, including blueprints and all outposts/ships/assets "as is". In other words, if you have an outpost in an enemy port, it will copy over, but you won't be able to access it (because it's enemy controlled).

Although, in all seriousness, I think you should consider going the other way: merge PVP1 into PVP2.

Oceanic/Asian players have very high pings to the Euro servers. Everyone can play on PVP2 but not everyone can play on PVP1.

• Like 7

Hey Captains.

We have to admit we wasted some good dev time in Jan after release on the unnecessary features (listened to players a bit more than needed due to our previous position to always react to player wants fast)

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • other things

We learnt a lot and this might help in the future (or other games) but we should not have done it.

Merging and transfer will happen after War & peace/rvr/port battles changes are approved by players and coded. It might take 1-2 months. If you want more action it is advised to just transfer to pvp 1. If you want more secluded environment you can stay. 

Can you give us 1 free server transfer, so we can move all our ships etc? Please let Americans move to US server without loosing what they earned. Thanks. 

I packed my bags already. :D

• Like 2

Hey Captains.

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • other things

Very interesting! Good to here a detailed explanation on what to expect. I eagerly await the next few patches. Thank you for your continued involvement with us players throughout the who development process. Even if it becomes clear that sometimes we players make the wrong choices, we thank you for keeping us in the loop.

• Like 2

Hmm this is interesting i started mainly in pvp2 but made an alt in pvp1 because i couldn't make up my mind in the beginning...after few days i went full pvp2...but just recently i went pvp1 because of low pop and other reasons.  With this in mind, my main question is, if they do a merge what will happen to those who have assets in pvp2 but also pvp1? ....but like you said you will discuss this after the next update. but ill keep this a stand by question till then.