Game-Labs Forum

Clans/people not following the pvp1 zerg rush

Mrdoomed

Hey Captains.

We have to admit we wasted some good dev time in Jan after release on the unnecessary features (listened to players a bit more than needed due to our previous position to always react to player wants fast)

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • several backup and server stability related features
  • other things

We learnt a lot and this might help in the future (or other games) but we should not have done it.

Merging and transfer will happen after War & peace/rvr/port battles changes are approved by players and coded. It might take 1-2 months. If you want more action it is advised to just transfer to pvp 1. If you want more secluded environment you can stay. 

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

Good to see you guys at least address the issue.

In 1-2 months it will be too late though... so other than appeasing a couple of restless souls on the forum it won't do much. About half the pop from PVP2 already moved to PVP1 in the last couple of weeks and it's still happening (my clan is switching right now) and while it will be nice to get our ships, BP's and money back in 1-2 months, it's now that we could really use them.

Would be really nice if you guys could find a away ASAP to do a one time transfer option to PVP1, including gold, upgrades, BP's, and the contents of at least one port perhaps so we can xfer crafting mats and ships but still "keep it simple".

• Like 3

I as well as most of JUL will be hopping back and forth between servers.

JUL and SKY have merged on PVP1 to form FUBAR. So alot of changes. We dont hold out hope for the devs to really give us anything more than a token "here, sorry about your dead server". So we are establishing ourselves full time for a couple weeks then we'll prob come back and go all out tilt and blow the server up[ because frankly, it deserves a proper viking funeral. Hope everybody is there for WW....... .05.

Im not worry about the Gold or Ressources what i have on PVP2 ( like 3 completed mats for Victorys^^) but, i really want the Ships and BP what i have on PVP2. I think its not so hard to get the BP transfered to the PVP1 account, if you have that BP allready there, then its just 1 BP of that ship. 

And with the Ships, I have 4 ships in PR sitting on PVP2, my 2 Pavel´s, Vic and Bellona, lets say that ships that are in Kingston on PVP2, make them to redeemables and we can activate them then on the PVP1 or whatever is the name after the merge, if the merge is coming. I think that would be a good idea, and all players are happy with that. 

• Like 4

or not, you knew the cost of moving from pvp2 to pvp1 at this time so stop begging and suck it up

Yeah i knew it and had no problem with that, we have now 100% more fun then on PVP2, but its just to help the other players out with that Idea for the DEVS if the merge is coming! and also the time what i spend on crafting that beautiful ships, thats why i would like it, that they let us have the ships. Are you dreaming that they let you bring all the stuff what you had with you?- Dont think so.

Im still playing on both servers, but what are YOU doing if they close the PVP2 server? leaving the game then? 

We rebuilding with our members now since half a week, and have the most stuff back, like Constis, Bellonas, Pavels, Victorys and Santis. Its not so hard to get the ressources back also not the Gold, just farm AI fleeting

• Like 2

I would be content if I could keep my xp, crafting level, blueprints and gold as a transfer, but would prefer PVP1 being copied to PVP2 as it seems to be better for everyone.  PVP1 players would keep everything including their conquest map, just shift to a new server location, and PVP2 players would "transfer" over to their nation's capital.

That is, assuming Asian and Americas players outnumber European players.

Edited by Silas Farseer
  • Like 1

Yeah i knew it and had no problem with that, we have now 100% more fun then on PVP2, but its just to help the other players out with that Idea for the DEVS if the merge is coming! and also the time what i spend on crafting that beautiful ships, thats why i would like it, that they let us have the ships. Are you dreaming that they let you bring all the stuff what you had with you?- Dont think so.

Im still playing on both servers, but what are YOU doing if they close the PVP2 server? leaving the game then?

We rebuilding with our members now since half a week, and have the most stuff back, like Constis, Bellonas, Pavels, Victorys and Santis. Its not so hard to get the ressources back also not the Gold, just farm AI fleeting

Before then there is going to be an asset wipe. So moving then will cost nothing. So I will start again just like everyone else

To be honest, before deciding on siding with the British I checked out several factions on PvP1. The current transition of several PvP2 players to PvP1 is very well understood, and many players who are in a position to help offered me several items for free or on loan to assist me if I desired them. Obviously, one isn't going to expect every asset they had on PvP2 if they transferred right now, but it is very encouraging to find that the majority of Naval Action players are generous and willing to assist those in the common goodness of their faction.

Edited by Sir Robert Calder

To be honest, before deciding on siding with the British I checked out several factions on PvP1. The current transition of several PvP2 players to PvP1 is very well understood, and many players who are in a position to help offered me several items for free or on loan to assist me if I desired them. Obviously, one isn't going to expect every asset they had on PvP2 if they transferred right now, but it is very encouraging to find that the majority of Naval Action players are generous and willing to assist those in the common goodness of their faction.

Contradictory to popular belief players in Naval Action are generally a good bunch.

If you come over and join any major guild you will likely find yourself in a good position pretty quickly. Likewise if you bring your guild over you can find support from already established councils and coalitions. We have supplied guilds coming over before with enough to get them started again and I know the Brits do something similar.

All this hub but over relatively nothing.

In a month or two there will be a reset. At that time you will lose you gold, bps and ships. If you move to pvp1 from pvp2 today your going to lose the exact same stuff. It's just stuff and your going on have to learn how to rebuild quickly again anyway.

If you want to make the move but are worried about gear then here is what I would suggest. Contact a clan already in pvp1 in the nation you want to join. Get then to give your transferring clan 3-4 captured third rates. From there those 3-4 capped third should put your entire clan on the path to rebuilding in short order if you work together.

If your a solo player switching to pvp1 leaving Victories, several Pavels and maximum outposts behind...well then your screwed. But entire clans that move will rebuild fast with minimal help from those already in pvp1.

In a month or two there will be a reset. At that time you will lose you gold, bps and ships. If you move to pvp1 from pvp2 today your going to lose the exact same stuff. It's just stuff and your going on have to learn how to rebuild quickly again anyway.

If you want to make the move but are worried about gear then here is what I would suggest. Contact a clan already in pvp1 in the nation you want to join. Get then to give your transferring clan 3-4 captured third rates. From there those 3-4 capped third should put your entire clan on the path to rebuilding in short order if you work together.

If your a solo player switching to pvp1 leaving Victories, several Pavels and maximum outposts behind...well then your screwed. But entire clans that move will rebuild fast with minimal help from those already in pvp1.

Sounds like a lot of effort for no reason if there will be a reset in a month or two anyway.

Might as well stay on PvP2, farm my 20k xp or so a day and PvP when I want.  Global chat in PvP2 is great anymore - people are calling out each other for fights and announcing PB plans.  Really getting awesome battles going while we wait out this whole server transfer shenanigans.

You peeps that transferred already are really missing out.

• Like 1

I dont see a reason to transfer, rebuild , then a day after im back to were i started having it taken away and doing it over again. Sounds like a big giant hassle to me and for no reason.

I dont know about the others still left on pvp2 but im almost hoping they dont merge us now. All the toxic players have left, the pvp is great, fights are everywhere and the chat between nations during battles is great and no more insults being thrown around.

I hope the devs leave the server and do like others have ask and stop making it so easy to jump servers amd jump factions etc. Its just causing chaos.

Im sure pvp1 players will now attacknme for my thoughts but man the fights are fun and lots more strategy and not just zerg zerg zerg.

EDIT. After reading the new batch of US vs pirates insults today it seems to me pvp1 is just one giant epeen messuring contest and nothing but insults are exchanged.

Where is the leave Brittney alone guy to do a leave our server alone video.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

Any updates?

I would even settle for a way to move gold. This could apply to people who have already moved or switched teams and wish to recover something of what they gave up:

* Sell all items on PVP2 to the vendor.

* Login to new character on PVP1.

* Type /movegold

* Gold is deleted from PVP2 character and added to PVP1 character.

It's not as good as a merger and makes us lose a lot of time and value but it's better than nothing.

I was flat out refusing to move but once the developers start advising people to move, it's harder to argue the reasons why moving is a bad idea.

I would even settle for a way to move gold. This could apply to people who have already moved or switched teams and wish to recover something of what they gave up:

I disagree. If you moved previously, then you did so knowing assets didn't transfer. You shouldn't get anything back. You made your choice and what's done is done; those were the rules and your moving was done within their constraints.

Also, you assume a move from PVP2 to PVP1 is the best direction to merge everything. The other way around makes the most sense for everyone on the planet.

• Like 1

I disagree. If you moved previously, then you did so knowing assets didn't transfer. You shouldn't get anything back. You made your choice and what's done is done; those were the rules and your moving was done within their constraints.

Also, you assume a move from PVP2 to PVP1 is the best direction to merge everything. The other way around makes the most sense for everyone on the planet.

On your second point, Slamz is of the same mind in suggesting the merge goes to the PvP2 server.

Yep. I've stated this before. There will be complaints from Oceanic players who simply can't play on the Euro servers due to latency.

Everyone could play on PVP2.

However, the admin himself suggested moving from 2 to 1.

He basically killed PVP2 with that statement.

• Like 1

Yep. I've stated this before. There will be complaints from Oceanic players who simply can't play on the Euro servers due to latency.

However, the admin himself suggested moving from 2 to 1.

He basically killed PVP2 with that statement.

I figured he was just speaking off the cuff without having realized what they'd be doing to Oceanic and West Coast players.

Personally I'm sticking around. If they merge, maybe some of my stuff can come over. So I'm playing the market as much as possible while the economy is weird on PVP2.

• Like 1

You know this how? I'm sure you can prove the euro players won't have the same issues the oceanic players do right? Especially given how unreliable the pvp2 servers have been compared to PVP 1.

You know this how? I'm sure you can prove the euro players won't have the same issues the oceanic players do right? Especially given how unreliable the pvp2 servers have been compared to PVP 1.

Historically I find this to be the case in all games: Oceanic players have issues getting playable pings to Euro servers but everyone seems to have decent pings to North American servers. Maybe that has changed here but I doubt it. Also, I think you'll find PVP1 drops way more people way more often than PVP2. There was a thread about it recently where Ink seemed to be looking into it. We had PVP2 go down entirely a couple weeks back but day by day its been stable.

• Like 1