Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Yeah seems like a solid way winning vs sweden :)

Not that i were in a pb... :D ship is way to small for that

give me your frigate fleet, I will put them into good use :D

Edited by Nash
  • Like 2

Well, if we are all frustrated with port battle timer shennanigans, maybe we should continue to push the devs to give us a road map for the changes to RvR they want to implement in the future. Maybe, with improvements on the horizon, people will relax a little more and not burn themselves out because of colored dots on the map.

I, personally, am not enjoying the mechanics as they currently are - and neither are many of the newer / casual players of this game. I WANT these guys not to leave, I WANT there to be a role for the non-hardcore players to contribute to RvR... Let's hope we will get some insights for the future soon before these furious wars burn out all but the most hardcore players of this otherwise awesome game.

Well, back to the frontline now....

Well there are certain nations who already pushed it too far. To be honest I don't care anymore. If it was there intention to destroy the fun of this game they were successful.

give me your frigate fleet, I will put them into good use :D

So we dont? QQ

We always have one guy at least in ts like it was planned, feel free to poke and if it sounds like a promising fight (not attacking thire mainfleet with frigs) we can have fun together :)

Yes Makrian, we tried.. but sometimes in those situations we are like puppies with to many toys :(

Edited by Manta Scorpion

TO BOTH NATIONS INVOLVED IN THE CURRENT WAR:

Due to the recent tragedy in Belgium, and given that we have a very large number of Belgian players in the Dutch nation, I would kindly request that both nations suspend combat operations for today, March 22. We will put forward the request to the Dutch admiralty to suspend any port battles for today while open world PvP can still be conducted by those so inclined.

I, personally, will not participate in any offensive or defensive port battle actions today and I would like to see all true gentlemen of both nations following suit.

This is indeed a very sad day and our hearts go out to any player that is personally affected by the tragedy.

Sincerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

Edit: spelling

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 8

The 21st day of March, Year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen.

third bell of the Mid watch, 2 miles of Willemstad, bearing South

To our most supportive benefactors, which shall remain in anonymity, and also as an open letter to the respective Navies in conflict in the Great Eastern War,

Patrons, Captains and Admiralty liaisons, and to all the crews serving aboard the vessels,

We must congratulate ourselves first for today. Second we must honor our opponents.

Finally the Parliament has ceased to interfere with the Admiralty decisions, after a prolonged fight of words between the politicians and the Navy which had to be ruled by the Prince and the Council for the United Provinces for the West Indies.

The production machine, which was still under the firm grip of the greedy entrepreneurs, has been nationalized and the processes of production being rationalized towards war. No man, woman or child, which serves no other end other than working the fields, the woods, the smiths, the shipyards, shall be left without an occupation. All strong citizens are to be enlisted into the various fleets as planned by the War Council.

We got command of a brand new commissioned frigate. A model based on the Independent Thirteen Colonies super frigates which I let the crew baptize. They chose to name her - Greater Grison - as they came to appreciate the tradition of naming the ships after temperamental predatory creatures, and we set sail from our beloved capital right after the 6th bell on the dog watch with non specific orders to join ships outside harbor and navigate towards the south east at full sail.

Let me confide that never since the conflict against France did I saw so many sails in the horizon. It seems that a third of the nation power was on the sea. I can only wonder how will it look when the FULL might of the United Provinces is finally unleashed. All the ports I passed were busy equipping ships, training crews and running drills. This will be a great war, a paradise for frigates captains like myself, so help me God for having such love for combat and violent encounters with the enemy but I cannot help but always go into harms way.

We finally reached Caracas and received orders to follow Sir Neith`s fleet to Cumana. So I did. Full wind and running through the meager blockade the Swedish navy put in place. ( we came to know that this was due to the offensive having three main fleets attacking all across the contested area east of La Tortuga so the swedes were spread thin ).

The battle for the entrance of the port would seem, at first, as a one sided thing, given the array of guns setup by the Swedish admiral but the United Provinces reform at the command level from the previous week is bearing fruit and most excellent and confident commanders which fortify the captain`s will to fight against the odds and still prevail.

After the first three forts at the entrance of the bay were destroyed and with the wind changing fast the order to turn about and reform the double line to go down wind and engage the most distant fortress. I signaled the fleet that I would disregard that order given the fact the my own "Greater Grison" was in such a good position to immediately engage the closest fort without being threatened by the two 74 guns ships given they were always head wind towards me which complicated their gunnery resolution. This resulted in the fort being devastated by two ships from the up wind position, my own lady and another in support, while the rest of the line raced across the beam and put a most effective ripple fire into the structure which collapsed in short order. All this under constant fire from the enemy fleet. Then it came the most gallant order from the fleet commander - "Turn about into their beam reach and charge."

Simple. Direct. Into them.

Both lines crashed in a massive cloud of gunpowder smoke, fires erupting and frantic bells giving alarms could be heard as far as Gustavia for sure, such was the decisiveness of the dutch captains to seek, break and sink the enemy formation which gave way and suddenly broke into smaller teams while our own kept a strong core with several detachments chasing and forcing the swedish ships to run for safety.

Alas the night fell and we could not press the advantage. Crews were on the brink of exhaustion although the fighting spirit was at biblical proportions high, but the lull in the chase given the falling darkness let the enemy fleet slip away and take refuge further inside the safe harbour of Cumana and we will have to try again soon.

It rests important of note that both fleets were primed and ready but made out of open sea action captains not versed in the big fleet actions ( OOC. randoms ). This fact alone serves as a wake up call to the Dutch Nation to understand there are no permanent officers, admirals, leaders. All it takes is bravery and commitment to victory.

Captain Hethwill Eskeath,

aboard the "Greater Grison" super frigate

chasing a swedish fleet of four ships including a 74 gun flying the ensign of Commander Redfin

​_____________________

​( written before I had a chance to write my unconditional support of the cease fire due to the sad human real life events from this morning )

• Like 6

Due to the recent tragedy in Belgium, and given that we have a very large number of Belgian players in the Dutch nation, I would kindly request that both nations suspend combat operations for today, March 22. We will put forward the request to the Dutch admiralty to suspend any port battles for today while open world PvP can still be conducted by those so inclined.

I, personally, will not participate in any offensive or defensive port battle actions today and I would like to see all true gentlemen of both nations following suit.

This is indeed a very sad day and our hearts go out to any player that is personally affected by the tragedy.

Sincerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

seconded

As much we love our cozy virtual reality and the escapism it gives, they never take away the horrors of the day. To my Belgian friends out there, I will stand with you in both of our beloved realities of freedom and solidarity.

My ingame guns will be silent this evening.

Sincerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

Zur Zeit habe ich Semesterferien und bekam die Meldung erst um zehn Uhr morgens. Es ist einfach schrecklich, was in der Welt passiert. Normalerweise habe ich die Meinung, dass Spiel und RL immer zu trennen sind. Doch in diesem Fall MUSS es anders sein. Ich hoffe, dass keiner eurer Angehörigen betroffen ist. Wir sind eine so kleine Spielergemeinschaft, dass wir diesen Waffenstillstand respektieren müssen. Zwischen uns Holländernund Schweden war der Krieg bis jetzt respektvoll. Aus diesem Grund werde ich an keinen PB teilnehmen, falls er aktiv von Schweden geführt wird. Sollten die Holländer angreifen, werde ich natürlich verteidigen.

Redfin

zweiter Diplomant KSKGE

----------------------------------------

Currently I have semester break and got the message until ten o'clock in the morning. It's just awful what is happening in the world. I usually have the opinion that game and RL are always separate. But in this case, it MUST be different. I hope none of your family members is concerned. We are such a small community of players that we have to respect this truce. Between us Dutch and Swedes the war so far was respectful. For this reason, I will not participate in any PB if it is actively led by Sweden. Should the Dutch attack, I will defend naturally.

Redfin

Second Diplomant KSKGE

Edited by Redfin
  • Like 3

Zur Zeit habe ich Semesterferien und bekam die Meldung erst um zehn Uhr morgens. Es ist einfach schrecklich, was in der Welt passiert. Normalerweise habe ich die Meinung, dass Spiel und RL immer zu trennen sind. Doch in diesem Fall MUSS es anders sein. Ich hoffe, dass keiner eurer Angehörigen betroffen ist. Wir sind eine so kleine Spielergemeinschaft, dass wir diesen Waffenstillstand respektieren müssen. Zwischen uns Holländernund Schweden war der Krieg bis jetzt respektvoll. Aus diesem Grund werde ich an keinen PB teilnehmen, falls er aktiv von Schweden geführt wird. Sollten die Holländer angreifen, werde ich natürlich verteidigen.

Redfin

zweiter Diplomant KSKGE

----------------------------------------

Currently I have semester break and got the message until ten o'clock in the morning. It's just awful what is happening in the world. I usually have the opinion that game and RL are always separate. But in this case, it MUST be different. I hope none of your family members is concerned. We are such a small community of players that we have to respect this truce. Between us Dutch and Swedes the war so far was respectful. For this reason, I will not participate in any PB if it is actively led by Sweden. Should the Dutch attack, I will defend naturally.

Redfin

Second Diplomant KSKGE

You have my gratitude, Sir!

The 21st day of March, Year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen.

[...]

The 21st day of March, the year of golden pineapple.

Dear Diary,

today an exciting day. The Dutch tried the same three attacks on our ports. As a carrier pigeon named Sveno conveyed this message, we ran to our ship. It is such a beautiful ship. I have rarely seen such a beautiful and yet so deadly beauty. We opted for Cumana. It was a terrible massacre. Everywhere only blood and screams. Our commander kept thankfully cool. We managed to repulse these cowardly Dutch. We even buried a Trinco and helped with several other ships. This Dutch what they allow themselves anyway?

After a short break we went to the pub "Zum Seeteufel". Some glasses of rum we remembered our friends, which could no longer be with us. We called for revenge. With 4 other ships we made to us by the capital of the Dutch. On our way we buried two Mercury and hijacked a Trinco. Especially the Trinco is a wonderful ship. But the hold was much more beautiful. We found barrels of rum and beer. We decided that we had to drink this beer immediately for Sweden. Only strong men could so a lot tolerated. And yes, we were such men.

After a short bathroom break we drove on. We found a a Third Rate. The owner sailed under the flag of the clan DAS. We quickly decided that this ship would only death and devastation at the hands of the Dutch. In a small skirmish we quickly got the upper hand. Although the opponents had called support, we defeated him. Unfortunately we were a little drunk and could not aim very good. Our bullets hit the armory and the warship began to burn. We removed ourselves from it and heard a short time a big bang. The enemy was dead.

This revenge is not enough for us so we moved further west. After some time, we noticed a Constitution behind us. She was Dutch. we moved to the south of the capital. The Conni persecuted us. Suddenly in front of us a further 3rd, mercury and Reno. After a short time the fight began. They attacked us. They probably thought that we were easy prey. Rather than shoot our ships, they shot up only our sails. And so we were able to turn a ship after another. At the end we lost a Reno. The opponent lost every ship. Our bloodlust had been satisfied and the thirst for rum was greater. Without further problems we moved towards east.

--------------------------------------

At this point I would like to thank on behalf of the participating Swedish vessels for the very respect full fighting yesterday. Be it in the PB or in our tour. That was the text not written neutral but in RPG / propganda mode should be respected.

Redfin

• Like 3

Und ich dachte wir hätten Platz in deiner Geschichte Redfin^^

One day of only pvp and no pb sounds like a very good thing and we should do this in respect. If anyone wants pvp we could still all met in la orchilla or so. More then a day does not sound like a good idea, since it s holyday time for manys and that is a good time to play. And even if it is terrible, do we want this motherfuckers to interrupt our life?

In Gedanken bei den Opfern und Brüssel,

Manta

Edited by Manta Scorpion