Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Obvious evidence of port timer "abuse" right here:

So, you guys successfully attacked a port, which means you do not set "sleeper" timers...

I'm sorry, I do not follow your logic here...? Or are you from DRUNK school of argumentation...?

Im honestly lost o_O

• Like 1

Getting crushed? More in tune with losing a loved one.

Getting an orange dot changed to a slightly lighter bluer one then a previous French one which is slightly darker than your Swedish one doesn't t really give me a feeling of being crushed.

Chill out its only a dot, there are plenty of dots to go around young man.Why just the other day I remember when you had only one dot,look at you now your like a light blue rash.

So what timer was on this port?

20-22 (Your own port timer)

So, you guys successfully attacked a port, which means you do not set "sleeper" timers...

I'm sorry, I do not follow your logic here...? Or are you from DRUNK school of argumentation...?

Im honestly lost o_O

No. We are not winning this war because of port timers. As the screenshots suggest we win offensive PBs during primetime (20-22) with close to no losses. Thats why we are winning this war. I thought people could read between the lines ...

Edited by eklipz
  • Like 3

serious guys? i really start to lose all the respect for the dutch if u are going to complain about how we use the battlemechanis now...

our main battletimer is 18-20 (server time) and of course we set some of them to 14-16 (15-17 battle timer) because there are still enough player of us to set up a little defence... 

its not our problem that u can just show up with only one fleet... and to be fair we didnt set our timer on your timers, so you CAN set up a prober defence!

we WANT to fight with you guys and not start to attack ports all on the same timers and end up with just fighting 5 towers...

oh yeah and its not our problem that u have ports without timers... and u guys also have ports with a timer of 4-6 in the morning... so stop complaining

we have just more people with higher ships that are interessted in pvp and we are a united nation... its just that simple.... we have a plan , u dont

cheers

abuu

are we now posting screenshot of someone crushing someone, I m late to the party, but can I jump in?

And people saying " I m starting to lose respect" is just strange...I will tell you a secret, we are all different

Edited by Manta Scorpion
  • Like 1

No. We are not winning this war because of port timers. As the screenshots suggest we win offensive PBs during primetime (20-22) with close to no losses. Thats why we are winning this war. I thought people could read between the lines ...

So, the evidence of you not abusing the timers is because you win the port battles.

Goddamit, you Swedes suck at logic ^^'

I don't think Sweden has better players than dutch in average, i think its a problem of commitment and organization. Another advantage of them is that

most of them are german-speakers so comms are not a problem for them. I didn't attend PBs recently but i think comms are more chaotic on dutch side, if there

are comms at all. Coming from a carebear nation in potbs i can tell you that those problems are not solved within a week or two but it has to be solved, else there

won't be a dutch nation left.

Edited by Otsego
  • Like 3

The main difference between the French and swedes is port timers, on the wars against the French both timers were set the same prime time for both, so it became almost trench warfare with good solid battles pretty even.

I can only imagine the Swedish nation is made up of children or the unemployed to fight those hours,don't get me wrong it's tactically clever.

I think we all know that having the "wrong" port timers are a drain to the enjoyment of many in this game, and I greatly sympathize with anyone speaking up for change in that area of this game. The forums are all filled already with these discussions. If the HRE/Swedes chooses to play the game like this, they do. Their tactics are pretty solid and show they are coming from a small tight knit group that have experience to fight against all odds.

Are those tactics effective for a smaller group of fanatical PvP-ers? Yes.

Are they honorable? Probably not in many players eyes.

Are they enjoyable? Depends on your level of self masochism and alarmclock skills, but I'm sure most don't enjoy it to have to take those ports back.

Can we do anything about it? Yes, but it requires some more patience and resolve on our side.

I like a Port Ping-Pong much better myself also, with proper chaotic screening fleet action.

We are certainly challenged by their way of playing this game, but we do not go Spanish on the forums for them doing that, right?

A lot of our members (and I know you did too) have put in many hours in the defense against superior French numbers and prevailed. We had to figure out how to do proper screening on the French fleets, we had to work out how to minimize their numerical advantages in the defense by spreading out our forces timely, figuring out where we were going to make our stand. All that figuring out together what worked and what didn't whilst people in Dutch chat were moaning about the attacks and we didn't defend properly, about BOAT being elitist in their behavior, about DAS spinning politics instead of taking enjoyment out of other peoples game and "winning" this game.

These Swedes are another cup of tea entirely.

If there are people or clans within the Dutch Nation not willing to figure this all out again with this new threat and new set of challenges, so be it. Let them leave, re-roll or ride with the game on "Easy mode" and join up a larger nation for roflstomp sensations.

I choose otherwise. These Swedes choose otherwise.

This war is going to be "meaner" to us all than the former, that is for sure.

P.S.: Please don't start implying things about the nature of our adversaries. For all we know they might be beautiful blondes straight from the Swedish Saunas sailing ships naked and trying to virtually spank us, because they adore our wooden shoes! (See, much better imagination!)  ;) 

• Like 4

20-22 (Your own port timer)

Yes Primetime!!!we set our ports to PRIMETIME!!!

It doesn't matter who wins as long as it's a good battle,you have ONE port set to Primetime the rest are 2-4 am or 2-4 pm that is my point about the difference between France and Sweden , NOT why your doing so well.

Jesus your hard work.

I, for one, as an individual captain, mainly privateer and steering away from politics, and especially at this very post away from any role play must say that we, the Dutch Nation, are being taught a lesson on organization, despite whatever factors related to mechanics that are implied.

On the other hand I do wish that the Swedish Nation captains refrain on their arrogance. I am sure you passed the same process of Nation reorganization after the collapse.

We all must learn and see how can we play the strategy game. If it boils down to a second life then we are already failing. Until the port timers are changed we have to live with them without any resentments and without any expectations but no one is expected to be online all the time, but when one is online by all means give the Naval part some Action.

Being a bloody AI farmer helps no one and all Nations have these and they are the first to jump of to other nations when something goes wrong :)

I welcome this change of pace. No clan is a nation, no nation is a clan.

Praise to the gallant Swedish and Dutch captains that raise above the common mutual disrespect and love the game.

• Like 7

So, the evidence of you not abusing the timers is because you win the port battles.

I think he mean and I agree with him (while playing for the Dutch) that abusing or not abusing the timers have no effect on the outcome of this war.

Even if the port timers were set up for our "Prime time" these port should've been located in Maracaibo bay for us to defend/capture them, cause all our victories and Pavels and a handful of Bellonas are their missioning their asses off. Still I've seen our Pavel actually sailing away from started PB in Macanao so maybe even that wouldn't help.

We can't master an adequate defence fleet during our "prime time". What a hypocrisy for us to talk about "abused attack timers".

• Like 2

People are suggesting we are only winning this war because of port timers and when the real reason we´re winning an offensive PB battle during prime time taking only 2 losses among other things. Try tosee the bigger picture of the topic of this thread please.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed insults. Please moderate your tone sir.

Calm down guys, these complaints make no sense. There are different timers for different ports, and according to the experience, the actual time makes it harder for both sides. Otherwise I'd be complaining about me having 3 hour difference with the server time so it's always too late for me.

Keep it cool and enjoy pvp, it's some nice experience for all of us.

Edited by Jebediah Kerman

On the other hand I do wish that the Swedish Nation captain refrain on their arrogance. I am sure you passed the same process of Nation reorganization after the collapse.

This a thousand times over. Not long ago Sweden was on the reciving end of a steamroll. Remember that. I for sure do. We came out stronger and reorganized us. We merged small clans into a big one (KF) and started working on OW battle tactics aswell as PB tactics. I hope the dutch will do the same. I never fought a nicer enemy in any game during my 20+ years in online gaming. Most are simply class acts. I cant even troll as much as I want because they are so nice xD

Edited by eklipz
  • Like 3

Nighttime timers are in favour for the Dutch and also provides interesting and more fun PVP imo. They have at all possible opportunities launched attacks with a much bigger fleet then the Swedes could muster to their defense.

I find it more challenging and fun defending aganst the Dutch during night.

Dutch Attack on Neuvo Barcelona (Dead night timer)

http://imgur.com/oCCqnPz

Dutch attack on Galdonas (Dead night timer interception, capture of flagcarrier)

http://imgur.com/ihrYrUW

Not to mention the attack on Carupano which the dutch recapped undefended.

This invalidates any argument that nighttime timers are in any way or form in advantage for the swedes, unless evidence in the opposite can be produced.

Edited by TrackTerror

i could post endless battles ten times more exciting against the French in Primetime well a few more than 2 at 4am . If you prefer those battles then hey it's your prerogative.

We won't complain we will just go to bed and go to work, nothing lost on the big scheme of things.

Merely pointing out the tactical choice all be it valid and well thought out having your ports on the times you do, nothing more nothing less,.

I really feel like I'm up for taking a port right now, alas I'm at work.

Anyway I think il request some abba from the dj on ts tonight and a few beers hopefully you swedes will come and join me.

Edited by Tac
  • Like 2

People are suggesting we are only winning this war because of port timers and when the real reason we´re winning an offensive PB battle during prime time taking only 2 losses among other things. Try to get your head to comprehend the bigger picture of the topic of this thread please.

I read it a different way. People are not complaing that they would win with other timers. Its about to be able to have battles and have fun, no matter the outcome. You showed that you are great seamen, nobody is questening it here.

Salute,

johan

Edit: phrasing

I'm sorry also for my rants, I am like many others who fight on the east so frustrated with all the people with victory's  pavels and more just sit in the west that do nothing.

This aspect of gaming has been discussed to nauseam, but you will never, ever infinity get PvE'ers to PvP. EVAR. Being upset, pissed, hoping, begging whatever it doesnt matter. They wont do it. Its better to just assume they dont exist. Think of them as AI w/classy ships.

Even if by some miracle the devs gave everyone free ships for all time and said "go nuts we're fabulously wealthy and do this for fun" you would never see the PvE'ers in a battle. Wouldnt matter if all we had was WS or any other capitol. They'd simply dock up and log out or re-roll. And to be fair, its not like they're complaining about ports being taken. Most, if not all the people I see in very large ships I've never even seen/heard of on nation chat. So its not like they're trolling chat w/"OMG we've lost another port, yada-yada-yada"  I'd understand if we had a massive amount of inner-nation trolling by the PvE crowd, but we dont. There are those unwilling to join for a variety of reason and talk in chat, but they're not trolling, they're simply rationalizing why they personally arent going.

And to add to this, even if by some act the devs removed the AI fleets the PvE crowd attacks and our only resources were other players, you'd never see those PvE'ers in battles.

• Like 1

I never fought a nicer enemy in any game during my 20+ years in online gaming. Most are simply class acts. I cant even troll as much as I want because they are so nice xD

I can not think of a better compliment for our displayed manners in gaming. Thank you, sir!

I did my best to ram you in my Mercury yesterday, TrackTerror. :D

• Like 1

Yes Primetime!!!we set our ports to PRIMETIME!!!

It doesn't matter who wins as long as it's a good battle,you have ONE port set to Primetime the rest are 2-4 am or 2-4 pm that is my point about the difference between France and Sweden , NOT why your doing so well.

Jesus your hard work.

I asked, why our timers are set in the middle of the night.

The answer was: ONE Port (Nueva Barcelona) is set in the nighttime.

The window for the other ports is: 17-19 and 19-21 GMT. 

I can't prove it. So please do me a favour and check this...

Edited by KanoFu

Nighttime timers are in favour for the Dutch and also provides interesting and more fun PVP imo. They have at all possible opportunities launched attacks with a much bigger fleet then the Swedes could muster to their defense.

I find it more challenging and fun defending aganst the Dutch during night.

Dutch Attack on Neuvo Barcelona (Dead night timer)

http://imgur.com/oCCqnPz

Dutch attack on Galdonas (Dead night timer interception, capture of flagcarrier)

http://imgur.com/ihrYrUW

Not to mention the attack on Carupano which the dutch recapped undefended.

This invalidates any argument that nighttime timers are in any way or form in advantage for the swedes, unless evidence in the opposite can be produced.

Track Terror,

do you think the majority of the Dutch captains involved ENJOYED that experience having to stay up until 4:00 a.m. to attack those stupid ports? People did it because we are defending our homeland and because of a sense of duty ("it has to be done"). Just because we fight these fights in defense of our nation does not mean "it's all good, man". I am not shouting exploit here, you are using the toolset that you are given with great efficiency. But do not for a second think that this efficiency is an enjoyable gaming experience. You are winning the game but losing the hearts in my ever so humble opinion. As Tac argued, the Franco-Dutch war is in better memory, because two mainly European time zone nations kinda agreed to have their port timers set to European prime time and fight it out when both nations have the most players online. Sweden has chosen another path that is efficient but not getting you much love.

On the other hand, I am not putting all the blame for the Dutch currently losing this war on your shoulders. As others have stated, the Dutch nation has yet to free itself of the PvE enthusiasts that give a false sense of numbers. And we need to re-organise in order to deal with your very formidable "alpha fleet". That is on us, and I hope that we will find the resolve.

Sincerely,

Hugo van Grojt

• Like 2

Im talking past tense not what youve changed them to now.

Besides i dont want to come across claiming port timers are a root cause of anything other than what hugo explains above,i hope as a nation the dutch are known as fair fighters not complainers.I never intended to take anything away from the efficient swedish nation,just pointing out the timers were an issue for most dutch nation playing folk.

Complainers tend to re-roll,(Massive problem for this game imo) stalwarts roll up there sleeves and get on with it.

Edited by Tac
  • Like 2

Here are the facts for yesterday, March 17, 2016

Nueva Barcelona 14-16 (from 02-04 the night before)

La Blanquila 14-16 (from 16-18 the day before)

Carupano 14-16 (from 02-04 the night before)

Galdonas 02-04 (unchanged)

St. Georges 18-20 (unchanged)

Everybody is free to make his/her own assumptions, but I interpret these timer settings as follows, and this is my personal subjective opinion:

1. None of the port timers were set to coincide with our port timers, giving you a comfortable situation to only have to either attack OR defend, but not both

2. Night time timers were - I argue deliberately - changed to early afternoon because no coordinated attack on those ports can be mustered when the majority of the nation is at work - effectively prohibiting us from retaking our ports that day.

3. Except St. Georges, none of the timers are in anybody's prime time - unless the joke about all Swedes being unemployed little children ist true. This prevented any fair fights over these ports happening that day.

The strategy behind it is brilliant. The Swedish admiralty is making the best of the existing game mechanics in order to give your navy the best strategic advantage. But as I stated earlier, winning the meta game is not winning our hearts and it is not making this war a fun and exiting experience for your opponent, of that I am sure.

• Like 5

Whatever time we set, there are no attacks anymore.

Pampatar and Cumana today were not defended by the dutch (primetime attack). 

We are much smaller in player count, have less ships, less ports, less allies.

Understand that we have to set the timers in a way to gives us at least the possibility to defend the ports.

At least we try to play the game as it is intended!

I start to think that some Dutch should get their bloody act together and stop complaining about timers.

Now give us, and the other readers of this thread, A BREAK.

Thank you

Edited by sveno
  • Like 1