Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Complainers tend to re-roll,(Massive problem for this game imo) stalwarts roll up there sleeves and get on with it.

I guess half of DAS already re-rolled then. TBH you guys are complaning A LOT and i am a dutch player myself. Try to find a solution, stop complaining to others and deffinitely eachother and especially STOP these unnecessary complaints about "re-roll" or "timers" or W/E. What do you want to realise? Sverige to regret taking our ports? This is a war and in every single war there will be some kind of 'unfair' behaviour. Arrange a plan and start to conclude that PFK might not be around and DAS might be the only 'major' clan left. It is time for change and the dutch nation has to accept it, i'm not even sure how 'big' PVP DAS is atm.

I agree that the dutch nation needs a better communication; i'm not even motivated to join our communication channels because of this happening every single time, just complaining, complaining and complaining. Everyone is doing something wrong. No, stop. Find solutions; a newbie fleet has arranged an astonishing result. We kept Sverige from capping Las Aves; and TBH if we did not engage this i'm pretty sure Las Aves got captured by sverige yesterday. I literally quote a Sverige player "This newbie fleet has more balls than their official fleet" AND I TOTALLY AGREE. Instead of fighting PB's; fight them in the open sea. IDK how hard is it to think of such a solution? We did not hear anything about this in this topic yet, shame.

We should accept our fate; we can't fight a PB at macanao; leave it. We should fight closer to our borders and defend as much as we can; with the forces we have. Sure, there are PVE'ers in the west; sure, ok, fine, leave them. Count on the forces we have and define a strategy. I've seen a screenshot of the macanao PB and tbh the dutch were totally unorganized compared to Sverige. I'm not the one to solve this problem in 1,2,3. The only thing that is bothering my every, single, time... We are compaining but not solving anything at all. Every single post of DAS in this thread is a complaint or not adding anything to the topic; ateast thank Sverige for these great battles, even if we did not win them. We might actually learn something from them. I lost 2 durability on my trinco because of the engage @ Las Aves. Did i regret it? no, we actually spotted their fleet and took advantage of this; we fought them in the open sea, we actually kept them from capping Las Aves; and a lot of these 'newbies' went in twice, just like me. We achieved a result. We didn't sink any Sverige player but we focused their flag carrier every single time and this worked out just fine. See? Stop thinking DAS is the 'only' player base; start to involve these 'newbies' in the battle. 3rd rates only in PB? Fine, but start to think AHEAD of the PB. Arrange a decent 'screening fleet' (no, not flag cpts in cutters...) and 'fight' them in the open sea for example. We might actually fight closer to WS so every single cpt out there actually realises that our nation is somewhat falling apart, accept our fate.

One more thing: I noticed that we actually said something like "it has to be done"; defend a port. Yes it might has to be done; but if you are not enjoying a GAME, just stop right now. You're supposed to enjoy a game; that's what a game is supposed to be for, right? I'm enjoying NA in every single hour i played NA; and i have alteast 250+ hours starting from the release of EA. Don't try to act like you're some kind of robot, if we can't fight Sverige because RL is much more important; so be it. Sverige went 'bankrupt' but they rebuilded. We still have a lot of ports in the west; the fact that the French took a lot of our ports in the east already was a sign; we can't handle a lot of ports. Now Sverige is proving it again; i'm telling you, accept our fate and enjoy the game, as it is supposed to be, its only a game, not a life style. Eventually we can fight Sverige, probably close to WS because we feel threatened; so be it.

• Like 7

Player on Swedish Side, German University Student in Holidays and KF Clan Member here.

First of all i enjoy each Day of PVP with the Duch since the first day our War started. Chatting in the battles always results in entertained players on both sides with a good sense of humor, sportmanship and irony.  "Hopefully see you next time" is stated every time. Iam 3 Days offline now.. dont think that attitude changed much. Thank you so far dutch players. Keep up the good PVP.

I want to adress the following statements and hope i can show you a different view on the "mean" tactic of sweden. Wall of Text inc.

Quote:

"

1. None of the port timers were set to coincide with our port timers, giving you a comfortable situation to only have to either attack OR defend, but not both

2. Night time timers were - I argue deliberately - changed to early afternoon because no coordinated attack on those ports can be mustered when the majority of the nation is at work - effectively prohibiting us from retaking our ports that day.

3. Except St. Georges, none of the timers are in anybody's prime time - unless the joke about all Swedes being unemployed little children ist true. This prevented any fair fights over these ports happening that day.

"

I only directly answer to 1. and maybe its harsh to say that this shortly, but with all respect: So do you.

Please don't assume that we do this to ruin PVP. In fact this is the only way we can guarantee the Dutch Guys PvP given our playercounts. We assumed the dutch is a far more deadly/ and outnumbering opponent so we used the gamemechanics as intended to even the odds and set our timewindows to one after another. If other nations would have seen our playercounts during some operations in the past days they would understand how lucky and relieved we were then the dutch magically forgot to take on a certain port like they usually did or delayed/miss timed some attacks for whatever reason. It was clearly more luck then anything else sometimes.

La blanquilla and St George are attacked each day simultaniously. The dutch already knew from the beginning how they can beat us. The most battles in the first days were entirely manned by the same people over and over again on swedish side... resulting in much fun but clearly far to long gamesessions. If we set ports to nighttime its because we can't give you a worthy PVP fight during the day on so many ports at once and we need a freaking pause from the game. I dont want to suffer from burnout because of a video game :D . People still have jobs or university for that. If a swedish player logs off he is most likely replaced by an empty slot. Everyone in this nation is aware of that fact so some of them spend sometimes more time on an evening as they intended to and take one for the team.

Please assume: When you can't launch a coordinated attack on a port, we will most likely dont have an coordinated defence plan either. Thats how EU Servers work. Its most likely playing poker with nighttime timers and hoping it will stay the same until return.

However:

The dutch can take ports at night (they already did). Sweden seems to be able to muster some players at night to defend them (we already did).. seems fair. Same applies to noon and afternoon. Last time i checked swedish Players seem to have familys,work and other boring RL Stuff, but they are indeed very good in miraculously showing up just in time to reach the minimum you need to defend or attack a port.

Every Nation should have the chance to defend and deliver a PVP fight during an important Port defence. By choosing good windows you can bee sure of that. If some dutch really want the sweds to change every window to primetime they would far more care about the outcome of the War and not about the actual fun PVP Fight. Seeing the dutch messages in the battle chat i doubt that ...i dont think they want to steamroll empty ports with frigates and only encounter a fight in one or two ports. Most of them seem to be pretty happy with the PVP we deliver them.

If sweden wants to capture and hold more ports than just La blanq and St George, we have to use the tools we have to our advatages like every nation is doing it. We will deliver PVP,Xp and hopefully Dura losses (and a PB if you would let us in :angry: , dutch interception fleets are way to big!) to the dutch everyday.

The wide spread capture windows of our ports are not resulting in a lack of action in the primetime which you claim for defence, thats why i dont think anyone could complain.

Sweden had a tought time with the danes, but it made it more unified. Seeing PB streams of other nations i have to say we are also very good at tactics in fights (Ramming is not a part of it  ;)  ).

Blaming our success only on Port Battle timers is not doing us justice.

Finishing with Sun Tzu for extra bling: We knew ourself since the beginning of the War. We now know the Enemy. We dont have to fear the result of a hundred battles.

See you in battle my friends!

(yes there was a problem with shifting port timer windows resulting in the first capture of Galdonas (which was lost during night again asap)... on the 2nd or 3rd day of the war i think. No swedish player knew any port timer of the dutch at that time by heart. Taking that port so early was not intendet. As i was told that day a surprisingly large player group was in Teamspeak that morning and was looking for an open port since they had the numbers to give it a try. They were aware that a restart just happened and its a odd time to attack, but not that windows shifted i guess. Sorry for that.)

• Like 4

Player on Swedish Side, German University Student in Holidays and KF Clan Member here.

First of all i enjoy each Day of PVP with the Duch since the first day our War started. Chatting in the battles always results in entertained players on both sides with a good sense of humor, sportmanship and irony.  "Hopefully see you next time" is stated every time. Iam 3 Days offline now.. dont think that attitude changed much. Thank you so far dutch players. Keep up the good PVP.

I want to adress the following statements and hope i can show you a different view on the "mean" tactic of sweden. Wall of Text inc.

Quote:

"

1. None of the port timers were set to coincide with our port timers, giving you a comfortable situation to only have to either attack OR defend, but not both

2. Night time timers were - I argue deliberately - changed to early afternoon because no coordinated attack on those ports can be mustered when the majority of the nation is at work - effectively prohibiting us from retaking our ports that day.

3. Except St. Georges, none of the timers are in anybody's prime time - unless the joke about all Swedes being unemployed little children ist true. This prevented any fair fights over these ports happening that day.

"

I only directly answer to 1. and maybe its harsh to say that this shortly, but with all respect: So do you.

Please don't assume that we do this to ruin PVP. In fact this is the only way we can guarantee the Dutch Guys PvP given our playercounts. We assumed the dutch is a far more deadly/ and outnumbering opponent so we used the gamemechanics as intended to even the odds and set our timewindows to one after another. If other nations would have seen our playercounts during some operations in the past days they would understand how lucky and relieved we were then the dutch magically forgot to take on a certain port like they usually did or delayed/miss timed some attacks for whatever reason. It was clearly more luck then anything else sometimes.

La blanquilla and St George are attacked each day simultaniously. The dutch already knew from the beginning how they can beat us. The most battles in the first days were entirely manned by the same people over and over again on swedish side... resulting in much fun but clearly far to long gamesessions. If we set ports to nighttime its because we can't give you a worthy PVP fight during the day on so many ports at once and we need a freaking pause from the game. I dont want to suffer from burnout because of a video game :D . People still have jobs or university for that. If a swedish player logs off he is most likely replaced by an empty slot. Everyone in this nation is aware of that fact so some of them spend sometimes more time on an evening as they intended to and take one for the team.

Please assume: When you can't launch a coordinated attack on a port, we will most likely dont have an coordinated defence plan either. Thats how EU Servers work. Its most likely playing poker with nighttime timers and hoping it will stay the same until return.

However:

The dutch can take ports at night (they already did). Sweden seems to be able to muster some players at night to defend them (we already did).. seems fair. Same applies to noon and afternoon. Last time i checked swedish Players seem to have familys,work and other boring RL Stuff, but they are indeed very good in miraculously showing up just in time to reach the minimum you need to defend or attack a port.

Every Nation should have the chance to defend and deliver a PVP fight during an important Port defence. By choosing good windows you can bee sure of that. If some dutch really want the sweds to change every window to primetime they would far more care about the outcome of the War and not about the actual fun PVP Fight. Seeing the dutch messages in the battle chat i doubt that ...i dont think they want to steamroll empty ports with frigates and only encounter a fight in one or two ports. Most of them seem to be pretty happy with the PVP we deliver them.

If sweden wants to capture and hold more ports than just La blanq and St George, we have to use the tools we have to our advatages like every nation is doing it. We will deliver PVP,Xp and hopefully Dura losses (and a PB if you would let us in :angry: , dutch interception fleets are way to big!) to the dutch everyday.

The wide spread capture windows of our ports are not resulting in a lack of action in the primetime which you claim for defence, thats why i dont think anyone could complain.

Sweden had a tought time with the danes, but it made it more unified. Seeing PB streams of other nations i have to say we are also very good at tactics in fights (Ramming is not a part of it  ;)  ).

Blaming our success only on Port Battle timers is not doing us justice.

Finishing with Sun Tzu for extra bling: We knew ourself since the beginning of the War. We now know the Enemy. We dont have to fear the result of a hundred battles.

See you in battle my friends!

(yes there was a problem with shifting port timer windows resulting in the first capture of Galdonas (which was lost during night again asap)... on the 2nd or 3rd day of the war i think. No swedish player knew any port timer of the dutch at that time by heart. Taking that port so early was not intendet. As i was told that day a surprisingly large player group was in Teamspeak that morning and was looking for an open port since they had the numbers to give it a try. They were aware that a restart just happened and its a odd time to attack, but not that windows shifted i guess. Sorry for that.)

Hello Aplecake,

thank you for your feedback and for putting in the time to formulate a proper response  :)

Just my 2 comments before I will let this rest and get on with it:

"we have to use the tools we have to our advatages like every nation is doing it"

This is exactly what I tried to point out in my previous posts. The Swedish Navy has used the toolset currently in place with great effect. I congratulated you on your brilliance in doing so several times. I am merely starting to question the toolset. Previously, I had been ignoring all the posts and threads about port timers and such because in the Franco-Dutch war they were not a tool used strategically by us or against us. Now, I see the port timer games used against us with devastating effect and it is not a fun game experience when on the receiving end of that stick.

"Blaming our success only on Port Battle timers is not doing us justice."

I agree completely with that statement and have given you credit for your formidable fleet operations on several occasions. BUT port timer games account for at least 50% of your success and you "using the gamemechanics as intended"  - please let us not forget that the entire war was STARTED by St. Georges being open for attack because that port lost its port timer window after a patch...

Last but not least, you are the aggressor in this war invading our holy homeland. It is natural that the aggressor will not receive any love from the families of the victims of that ruthless invasion :rolleyes: - so better stop arguing you are only here to give the Dutch the PvP fun of a lifetime - and let's get on with it, shall we?  ;)  

Edit: spelling

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 1

I guess half of DAS already re-rolled then. TBH you guys are complaning A LOT and i am a dutch player myself. Try to find a solution, stop complaining to others and deffinitely eachother and especially STOP these unnecessary complaints about "re-roll" or "timers" or W/E. What do you want to realise? Sverige to regret taking our ports? This is a war and in every single war there will be some kind of 'unfair' behaviour. Arrange a plan and start to conclude that PFK might not be around and DAS might be the only 'major' clan left. It is time for change and the dutch nation has to accept it, i'm not even sure how 'big' PVP DAS is atm.

I think you are being too harsh. Among that newbie intercepting fleet there were plenty of DAS members as well, me included. I am sure you remember me! ;) You have to keep in mind that DAS has been on the foreground of defending the Swedish incursions, as wel as against the French in the last war. We launched multiple attacks each and every day despite battling against an enemy which has its full fleet ready and waiting in the only attackable port. After a week and a half of that with little success it should not come as a suprise we won't attack them. It is like sailing into a meatgrinder and that is a big compliment for the level of organisation in the Swedish nation and th3e dedication of her captains. The last thing people can do is accussing DAS of a lack a figthing spirit.  That is just bang out of order.  

It should not come as a suprise tho that it is very frustrating too realise that the safety, that the clans in the east provide, to the Willemstad region now results in our own captains falling behind because we are too occupied up there. We are defintly falling behind rank and shipwise and with PFK down another big player in the nation has fallen away. I can't blame, and understand their reasons, the Swedes for using the mechanics this way but in a matter of time and amusement it does not bring much for the table. That being said; this is a war so I am not complaining, just making a point!  

Still, I am enjoying myself so lets keep it all civil and exchange them cannonballs!

Edited by Johannes Zoutman
  • Like 2

Very much players on dutch side are burned out. Our known "leaders" are not seen the last days/weeks. We have a big problem to fight. There is only a few who are still doin some defence. But some of them also are too negative and attackin only with some cutters instead of 3rds (and up). 

This war needs a break (in my sight).

S!

Makrian

I agree that the dutch nation needs a better communication; i'm not even motivated to join our communication channels because of this happening every single time, just complaining, complaining and complaining. Everyone is doing something wrong. No, stop. Find solutions; a newbie fleet has arranged an astonishing result. We kept Sverige from capping Las Aves; and TBH if we did not engage this i'm pretty sure Las Aves got captured by sverige yesterday. I literally quote a Sverige player "This newbie fleet has more balls than their official fleet" AND I TOTALLY AGREE. Instead of fighting PB's; fight them in the open sea. IDK how hard is it to think of such a solution? We did not hear anything about this in this topic yet, shame.

We should accept our fate; we can't fight a PB at macanao; leave it. We should fight closer to our borders and defend as much as we can; with the forces we have. Sure, there are PVE'ers in the west; sure, ok, fine, leave them. Count on the forces we have and define a strategy. I've seen a screenshot of the macanao PB and tbh the dutch were totally unorganized compared to Sverige. I'm not the one to solve this problem in 1,2,3. The only thing that is bothering my every, single, time... We are compaining but not solving anything at all. Every single post of DAS in this thread is a complaint or not adding anything to the topic; ateast thank Sverige for these great battles, even if we did not win them. We might actually learn something from them. I lost 2 durability on my trinco because of the engage @ Las Aves. Did i regret it? no, we actually spotted their fleet and took advantage of this; we fought them in the open sea, we actually kept them from capping Las Aves; and a lot of these 'newbies' went in twice, just like me. We achieved a result. We didn't sink any Sverige player but we focused their flag carrier every single time and this worked out just fine. See? Stop thinking DAS is the 'only' player base; start to involve these 'newbies' in the battle. 3rd rates only in PB? Fine, but start to think AHEAD of the PB. Arrange a decent 'screening fleet' (no, not flag cpts in cutters...) and 'fight' them in the open sea for example. We might actually fight closer to WS so every single cpt out there actually realises that our nation is somewhat falling apart, accept our fate.

One more thing: I noticed that we actually said something like "it has to be done"; defend a port. Yes it might has to be done; but if you are not enjoying a GAME, just stop right now. You're supposed to enjoy a game; that's what a game is supposed to be for, right? I'm enjoying NA in every single hour i played NA; and i have alteast 250+ hours starting from the release of EA. Don't try to act like you're some kind of robot, if we can't fight Sverige because RL is much more important; so be it. Sverige went 'bankrupt' but they rebuilded. We still have a lot of ports in the west; the fact that the French took a lot of our ports in the east already was a sign; we can't handle a lot of ports. Now Sverige is proving it again; i'm telling you, accept our fate and enjoy the game, as it is supposed to be, its only a game, not a life style. Eventually we can fight Sverige, probably close to WS because we feel threatened; so be it.

So it had nothing to do with DAS defending the portbattle of Las Aves for over an hour and defending successfully then, i think you need to change your prescription.

Ps you do realise most of your post is complaining right?whilst telling people not to complain,

Edited by Tac

Was an enjoyable encounter,watching you flex your boarding muscle. :P

Yea boarding is the new fashion in this conflict, used by both sides quite a few times over the last few days. Much fun and many entertaining suprises.

Edited by TrackTerror
  • Like 2

We bought the Las Aves flag to get intercepted and get some OW PvP. We only had like 8 third rates. But we actually managed to plant the flag and had an awesome PB battle. Was really fun. Dutch came out on top thou, well defended.

• Like 1

To those who complain about PB timer of the swedish, should try fight the British. They have almost all their PB timers set in the night or early morning for most Europeans. Many times we had to set the alarm clock and wake up in the middle of the night just to take a port.

• Like 2

To those who complain about PB timer of the swedish, should try fight the British. They have almost all their PB timers set in the night or early morning for most Europeans. Many times we had to set the alarm clock and wake up in the middle of the night just to take a port.

Just a thought, maybe some of the British players.... arent European

woah.