Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

In the PB at Pampatar we just had 25 guys. But only two 3rds. ;)

But atleast 6 3rd rates outside screening for you :P

give me your frigate fleet, I will put them into good use :D

lol, not that I asked at Sunday if we are needed anywhere and only got told that our 3rd rates are totally useless for Portbattles... Neverless we went to the action and splittet the swedish Attackfleet, preventing a few swedes to get into the Portbattle. Meanwhile I was sitting at the entry-channel of the Polish TS and nobody moved me to a propper channel or answered my ingame tells...

So as Manta stated, we almost always have someone in the Nation-Teamspeak and are ready for a good fight if we are in the area. But if everytime we ask where we can help we get no response or just got told that we are useless in our ships we will just continue to search for some fights on ourself.

• Like 2

the dutch already made it known that the war wont stop. they backed down from it themselfs.

they probably think they got a chance now that they won against undefended ports :)

Giving the line of posts being written can you please step back a bit away from the game ? Just a bit. Please.

We all appreciate. More so the many Belgian citizens that surely play this game in ALL the Naval Action Nations.

• Like 1

the dutch already made it known that the war wont stop. they backed down from it themselfs.

they probably think they got a chance now that they won against undefended ports :)

Nice statement, may we met in even groups once, so you can back it up :) some win pb that arent defended, some just win because they grinded for high rates, everyone has his flaws

I highly respect the events of the day and feel with you, the one day off pb is fix, now pls let it again. It is tratic, if you walk around in a city even like Bern, everything is full with heavy armed police, we get reminded enough of this during the day and night

Edited by Manta Scorpion

This has nothing to do with "the Dutch", or with diplomacy or with council meetings, Jesus .....  This is the callout from player to player of Naval Action. I do not care what councils or diplomatic talks bring in this regard - I PERSONALLY will respect my fellow Belgian players and will not participate in an offensive or defensive port battle tonight. And so will other Dutch players. Feel free to exploit this fact or not to - that is your personal choice as a player and human being.

Thank you for the kind words on our Teamspeak, Sveno and Zpliff  and for your willingness to suspend this pixel war for just one night in light of the horrible tragedy. Whatever happens with the "diplomats" and "leaders", private citizen Hugo and many other Dutch private citizens stand by our word to not engage in any offensive or defensive port battle tonight.

Sincerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

• Like 4

While my condolences go out to the victims and families of the victims of this cowardly attack and i respect the fairplay on both sides of this digital war, i seriously think stopping PB, even for a single day, is a mistake. 

The goal of the terrorists is to stop the public life and yes, PvP in NA is a part of the public life. During Portbattles, people from the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland and Germany came together on the Dutch-Nation-TS and tried to work together in a constructive way. 

Call that trivial, but for me it is the essence of the european spirit, the proof that the borders and barriers born from the spilled blood of our grandfathers are torn down, that the shadows of the horrible atrocities their generation comitted and endured finally don't hang over our heads anymore. 

The barbarians of the IS want to destroy our way of life, our freedom and our friendship. And while they can kill us, our families and our friends, they can't force us to change how we live and what we do. If we change our behaviour we help them in their work.

Don't let them win!

Don't change your way of life, even if it is just a trivial matter in a small computer game. 

Edited by Jonnydread
  • Like 3

This has nothing to do with "the Dutch", or with diplomacy or with council meetings, Jesus .....  This is the callout from player to player of Naval Action. I do not care what councils or diplomatic talks bring in this regard - I PERSONALLY will respect my fellow Belgian players and will not participate in an offensive or defensive port battle tonight. And so will other Dutch players. Feel free to exploit this fact or not to - that is your personal choice as a player and human being.

I struggle to see how it is in any way exploitative if we're willing to suspend PBs while the dutch are not.

I struggle to see how it is in any way exploitative if we're willing to suspend PBs while the dutch are not.

It is not, you misundersand me. The Dutch citizens such as myself and most other active PvP captains are perfectly willing to suspend port battles and have, in fact, first requested the ceasefire of our own accord. It is our leaders and diplomats who want to have their say. There needs to be a council meeting they say. This needs to be decided by leadership, they say. I say it doesn't. This ceasefire has nothing to do with ingame strategy, ingame politics or any of that. Let's just give our Belgian players a chance to process what is happening - we don't need council decisions or diplomatic roundtables for that. We just need to do it. (German saying: "Stell Dir vor es ist Krieg - und keiner geht hin" Imagine there is war and nobody shows up)

I would call it exploitative (of the situation, not the game) to engage in offensive port battles against Dutch ports, while the citizenry of the Dutch nation have announced that they will let the war rest tonight. And I would call BS on the argument "the Dutch themselves cancelled the ceasefire" as the excuse to do so. The Dutch citizens have not cancelled the ceasefire, the "leaders" and "diplomats" just have not made up their mind.

By all means, defend your ports if some Dutch players decide to wage war regardless of the tragedy. But Hugo and the other people sympathetic to our fellow Belgian players will not fight tonight.

• Like 3

For context reason, i repost what i posted in the Belgian thread:

---------------------------

First- our condolences to all Belgians. We do feel for you guys in this hour.

as a background, Sweden agreed to a 24 hour ceasefire requested by dutch diplomats, which was canceled in only 30 minutes later by the dutch. No hard feelings from us, we understand that making decisions in a game is not priority for many people right now.

If there is no ceasefire, as Steelsandwich says in another thread just now:
"With all due respect, there are ways to show your commitment, having an in-game cease fire might not be the best course of action."

This means there is a war, and we will wage war with all means.

Let me underscore that we are at any time ready to discuss both a ceasefire, and a generous peace with the dutch whenever they want to.

I am not an official spokesman of the dutch but war is over when one nation is down to 1 harbour.

ye, that sounds like really healthy pvp. one nation gets reduced to nothing just becuse some ppl take this game personal or something, creating some vendetta... rather silly really.

ye, that sounds like really healthy pvp. one nation gets reduced to nothing just becuse some ppl take this game personal or something, creating some vendetta... rather silly

Healthy pvp is something that noone here wants, that would be even fights. That way, you have at least something to fight for :)

For context reason, i repost what i posted in the Belgian thread:

---------------------------

First- our condolences to all Belgians. We do feel for you guys in this hour.

as a background, Sweden agreed to a 24 hour ceasefire requested by dutch diplomats, which was canceled in only 30 minutes later by the dutch. No hard feelings from us, we understand that making decisions in a game is not priority for many people right now.

If there is no ceasefire, as Steelsandwich says in another thread just now:

"With all due respect, there are ways to show your commitment, having an in-game cease fire might not be the best course of action."

This means there is a war, and we will wage war with all means.

Let me underscore that we are at any time ready to discuss both a ceasefire, and a generous peace with the dutch whenever they want to.

Thanks for closing all the ports :) It is indeed the best course of action.

Shows the commitment to a cease fire and honours the will to fight of all your captains and by all means necessary, take advantage of all the possibilities the game gives you.

Salute and really hope you don't get steam rolled out of the blue again during the non EU prime times ;)

I am not an official spokesman of the dutch but war is over when one nation is down to 1 harbour.

Somebody promote this guy !

Can anybody explain me true orgin of this conflict? without RP crap talk. I heard rumors and thats why im asking here...

Better late than never I suppose...

(RP crap talk included)

The Dutch had secured a forward base at Terre-de-Bas which sent a very clear message that it was there intention to attack the crown of Sweden. Through the diplomatic channels they sent word to the King of Sweden that they were only there as a defensive measure as they felt threatened.

The King was not fooled and dispatched his fleets to the Plymouth and Saint John areas. Their scouts, some in 3rd rates, began probing the southern flank of Swedish Sovereign territory and were shocked at the number and depth of the Swedish fleets. Their scouts and patrols were chased back and sunk mercilessly.

The Dutch abandoned their plans of conquest and so lost Terre-de-Bas a short time later. The King was so informed that the Swedish economy was crippled and that the Live Oak and Silver needed to secure the homeland was in short supply or non existent.

The King is his wisdom did not want an opportunity to slip away and given the Dutch hostilities decided to carefully embark on a conquest of the Dutch ports to liberate the needed materials for Sweden and to show the world that in fact Sweden was a Naval Power to be respected.

With the tireless work of his commanders, advisors, and diplomats the objectives of the King are being realized.

From the Swedish perspective...

Edited by CrazyBaer

Somebody promote this guy !

Better late than never I suppose...

(RP crap talk included)

The Dutch had secured a forward base at Terre-de-Bas which sent a very clear message that it was there intention to attack the crown of Sweden. Through the diplomatic channels they sent word to the King of Sweden that they were only there as a defensive measure as they felt threatened.

The King was not fooled and dispatched his fleets to the Plymouth and Saint John areas. Their scouts, some in 3rd rates, began probing the southern flank of Swedish Sovereign territory and were shocked at the number and depth of the Swedish fleets. Their scouts and patrols were chased back and sunk mercilessly.

The Dutch abandoned their plans of conquest and so lost Terre-de-Bas a short time later. The King was so informed that the Swedish economy was crippled and that the Live Oak and Silver needed to secure the homeland was in short supply or non existent.

The King is his wisdom did not want an opportunity to slip away and given the Dutch hostilities decided to carefully embark on a conquest of the Dutch ports to liberate the needed materials for Sweden and to show the world that in fact Sweden was a Naval Power to be respected.

With the tireless work of his commanders, advisors, and diplomats the objectives of the King are being realized.

From the Swedish perspective...

Edited by Lytse Pier

Battle summary Thursday 24/03 Swe V Dutch (6-3)

Dutch attack on Macanao, PB def wins

Dutch attack on St:George, def wins

Dutch attack on Oranjestad, PB def wins

Dutch attack on Charlestown, def wins

Dutch attack on English Harbour def wins

Dutch attack on Basseterre, def wins

Swe attack on Las Aves, def wins

Swe attack on Caracas PB, def wins

Swe attack on Rio Chico , def wins