Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

To those who complain about PB timer of the swedish, should try fight the British. They have almost all their PB timers set in the night or early morning for most Europeans. Many times we had to set the alarm clock and wake up in the middle of the night just to take a port.

Same goes for when the Danes captured the Swedish ports - almost all of them ended up being set at 6 to 8 AM timers.

So yeah, while the PB timers in the war with the Dutch might not be ideal, it's nothing compared to what's taking place in other conflicts. Let's hope that this continues to be just a good-natured scrap. :)

Well, if we are all frustrated with port battle timer shennanigans, maybe we should continue to push the devs to give us a road map for the changes to RvR they want to implement in the future. Maybe, with improvements on the horizon, people will relax a little more and not burn themselves out because of colored dots on the map.

I, personally, am not enjoying the mechanics as they currently are - and neither are many of the newer / casual players of this game. I WANT these guys not to leave, I WANT there to be a role for the non-hardcore players to contribute to RvR... Let's hope we will get some insights for the future soon before these furious wars burn out all but the most hardcore players of this otherwise awesome game.

Well, back to the frontline now....

• Like 9

yea fred^^ word!

Seems some Dutch players can see where the problem lies lol. Tiphat Capt Fred you keep calling it as you see it, but be careful, speaking out against certain clans can make you enemy number 1 for them, even now 2 months later they cannot let it go that my clan rerolled because we did not believe some of that clans leaders were up to the task, fit for purpose to actually motivate, plan and conduct the defensive and offensive duties the Dutch Nation requires.

Exactly! Thank you! and this is the main reason why people stopped showing up for portbattles imo...complete disorganisation!!!
The lack of strategic preparation is really embarrasing...we sit in port...have to listen for two hours to discussions about what the SWEDISH plan MIGHT be tonight, instead of making our own plans to counter it. When the nation gets called to assemble at some port for offensive action the plan should be ready to execute...
I am not saying that i would be better at this...but how hard can it be if you start calling in the nation at 17:30 to have a half decent plan ready at 20:30...it is no rocket-science! again....i am not saying that i would be better at this..i am completly ready to follow orders in a portbattle or screening fleet situation from whoever might be giving them if they are not freestyled reactionary chaos-tactics...there is a time chaos and disorganisation...but not every fuckin portbattle!

Still i am really starting to enjoy the swedes in our waters since they now are actually present for pvp more often! at first you where like a ghost army...getting in - getting out without anybody seeing you :D

bomboclaat!

This must be reposted:

Pretty much every dutch I´ve played with in this campaign up until today has been very nice and friendly guys. But I cant have sympathy for this guy  :lol: 

By the way, havent seen this loud guy in any port battle so far. Talks the talk but doesnt walk the walk.

Edited by SteelSandwich
7. Posting of private communication is prohibited. The posting of private communication between the moderators, developers and administrators and forum users is prohibited.

Apart from the exploit abusers, which shall be dealt with soon enough, and they know that they are doing it, the entire PvP deal has been most excelent especially in the open sea.

There will always be doomsayers and people that simply played too much and snap, so let's keep it healthy and clean.

A good start is to separate ourselves from our in-game characters :) and everything becomes simplier to deal with.

A sidenote, Still amused of how close it was to plant the flag if it wasn't for a Surprise showing up late ;)

• Like 3

Well, if we are all frustrated with port battle timer shennanigans, maybe we should continue to push the devs to give us a road map for the changes to RvR they want to implement in the future. Maybe, with improvements on the horizon, people will relax a little more and not burn themselves out because of colored dots on the map.

I, personally, am not enjoying the mechanics as they currently are - and neither are many of the newer / casual players of this game. I WANT these guys not to leave, I WANT there to be a role for the non-hardcore players to contribute to RvR... Let's hope we will get some insights for the future soon before these furious wars burn out all but the most hardcore players of this otherwise awesome game.

Well, back to the frontline now....

It has been suggested many times in many posts.  A mutli stage port battle that takes place over 24-48 hours at the attacking and defending ports that all players can participate in.

For example:  

Port A Attacking Port creates an Invasion Fleet.  This fleet requires resources and many players to help make it stronger.  24 hours later the invasion fleet sets sail to the destination.

Port B the destination port begins to prepare extra defenses knowing the invasion is coming.  When the invasion fleet arrives at the port many different battles for control of the port take place allowing both large fleets and small fleets to participate.

Both ports would be in contested modes for this time period, the attacking fleet building the invasion force requires trades and resources that can be intercepted.

The Defending fleet can have its defenses reduced through open ocean combat against the forts.

• Like 3

yea fred^^ word!

Exactly! Thank you! and this is the main reason why people stopped showing up for portbattles imo...complete disorganisation!!!

The lack of strategic preparation is really embarrasing...we sit in port...have to listen for two hours to discussions about what the SWEDISH plan MIGHT be tonight, instead of making our own plans to counter it. When the nation gets called to assemble at some port for offensive action the plan should be ready to execute...

I am not saying that i would be better at this...but how hard can it be if you start calling in the nation at 17:30 to have a half decent plan ready at 20:30...it is no rocket-science! again....i am not saying that i would be better at this..i am completly ready to follow orders in a portbattle or screening fleet situation from whoever might be giving them if they are not freestyled reactionary chaos-tactics...there is a time chaos and disorganisation...but not every fuckin portbattle!

Still i am really starting to enjoy the swedes in our waters since they now are actually present for pvp more often! at first you where like a ghost army...getting in - getting out without anybody seeing you :D

bomboclaat!

The things you are saying make me pretty sure you won't be good at this. You really think this is all simple to create a "plan" with current PB system? Well, obviously you don't know the system.

The system gives enemy 3 hours (2 hours to craft the flag and 1 hour to bring it in) and the ability to craft insane amounts of fake flags. So yeah, currently you should be near contested region (for us it's currently Orchila-Caracas-Las Aves triangle) for around 2 hours waiting for the enemy to craft a flag. Then, after we finally get a message about crafted flag we have to deploy screening fleet to actually site the enemy and make sure flag is real. Only after the main attack force is definitely spotted on the move it is possible to make some decisions.

Now, about offensive actions so many noobs like to imply DAS/PFK alliance lacks. We tried to attack La Blanquilla, Tortuga and Saint Georges on multiple occasions. There are several problems (and because you don't know them I imagine you actually never play a part in these attacks):

1. Untill yesterday we weren't able to assemble adequate Deep Water fleet (with Victories, Pavels and all the stuff) to match Sweden fleet even in Defence. So during our PB attacks we were just giving them insane amounts of xp and gold. See example at the end of the post. Yesterday at Caracas it really feeled like a miracle and it was great fighting in this fleet sinking Sweden Victories and Pavels. Still a lot of PVE carebears on Pavels and Victories didn't come. But I imagine we were able to gather at least 25% of what we really have.
  2. With shallow water fleets there is another problem. With 25 vs 25 Mercuries  3 towers the defenders have really make difference. And ALL our attacks on Blanquilla or Tortuga even with great screening and fake flags always encounter FULL shallow water defence fleet. You know why? Because Swedes are really motivated and they REALLY wait for 3 hours in one port and then TP to another and wait 3 hour there.

They setup their PB timers in such way that only 2 ports are opened for attack at the same time. And you can be sure that during timer time there is full fleet already prepared for attack and sitting inside the port not complaining about "Gee, you should design a plan, I don't wanna sit their for 3 hours". They reaaly wait there and then go wait in next. It's really hard to take a port from Sweden. Black Friday taught them a lot.

So resume:

• Current PB system does require a lot of waiting by it's design. The waiting time to fighting time ratio is really sick. this is DEVS problem - let's them fix it. Currently we should play in what we have
  • Swedes are highly motivated and have strong shallow water fleet prepared to wait and def their shallow water ports and attack our shallow ports the same time their Deep water fleet makes its move - this is OUR problem. We DON'T HAVE shallow water fleet. We just have DAS deep water fleet captains jump in their Mercs from time to time. But when these captains are busy with Swedes deep water fleet we are screwed - this is OUR problem.
  • Swedes have very skillfull and strong deep water fleet. But yesterday we were able to defeat it with combined forces of DAS and PFK. If we will be able to gather such force each day we will be able to drive their main fleet away and maybe recap some of our deep water ports.

Advice for someone willing to participate: Yes, currently RVR requires more waiting then actual fighting. It takes some motivation (like the one Swedes have after they were steamrolled). If you are prepared to waste some time but to get some great fighting (not just talking about some "plans" in chat or forum) you can always move to the east and do your missions in La Orchila-Caracas-Las Aves triangle staying in parallel in TS to be ready for some action. This area is not as good for missioning as Maracaibo bay but if you are here only for missions in Maracaibo you should really play on PVE server.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, but I was a bit tired hearing "Why DAS cant devise some super plan so we will defeat Swedes in 20 mins and then I can go continue my missions" in nation chat and forums so wanted to give some brief orientation in current RVR situation in Dutch vs Sweden war.

P.P.S. Some motivation. Yesterday deep water Caracas def net me 3.5k xp and around 400k gold in around 30-min PB.

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 3

​Irreal amount of text

It is a game. One of many for many of us.

It is a hobby. One of many for many of us.

It is something to look to after the work at the office is done and family is happy. It is the last thing to worry about on the grand scheme of things.

Comparisons between students and mature audience are not allowed at any rate. Given the average age of the players of NA is within the -- working force with family and bills and mortgages -- expecting someone or ANYONE to sit tight is simply DISRESPECTFUL to the person behind the character.

When we are in game we play. If we are not we don't. Expectations will burn your braincells.

Furthermore - Alpha Build Revision - it is expected of us to report bugs and inconsistencies and NOT exploit them - such as invisibility/invulnerability jump from a battle into another battle into another battle, and so on, like we know it happens especially due to the blue and yellow corsairs abusing it while others from the same nation condone it, but it is another matter entirely and devs are surely looking into it as it is a known bug.

Again, both the nations, United Provinces and Sweden, are not represented by one single clan so stop looking only to the same tag over and over again.

The players that really love the game for what it is - a game based in history age of sail conflict with extremely rewarding combat simulation and visuals - are playing the game as it is.

Other junkies are simply gaming the game without even caring to suggest strong changes to the system that allows them to game the game. Those contribute nothing to the development. They do not care about the history behind the game. They do not care about anything but their own iEgo and have fun spoiling everyone else fun especially anyone crossing their paths.

• Like 8

Thnx to all for a great evening yesterday!

Cannonballs were exchanged and new friendships were made. This is what an ingame "war" should be. Bringing people closer to each other and have some fun, even if they might be on opposite sides of the fence sometimes!

• Like 3

Hethwill, you completely miss the point of my unreally long post. So here is the short version.

I am not impleying everybody should camp in game for 6+ hours a day. Myself hit flagcapt couple of days ago due to a shortage of time.

I was just saying (to people convinced that DAS always is so slow and etc) that CURRENT game mechanics unfortunately requires constant waiting and full alert to successfully defend and attack ports. There is no silver bullet plan that will allow us to beat swedes in 20 minutes.

And currently for many various reasons swedes are putting more time in PB attack and defence (mostly, waiting time) than Dutch. And that's why it's incredibly hard to be even defensive (and offensive too, of course) against someone, who is willing to spend so much time for RVR waiting.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be impressed by any vocal minority, if I were among the devs. After all, they have access to relevant game statistics, whereas we're all left with speculating here.

Thank you for calling us back into common sense sir. Sometimes we get carried away by events :)

Right, correct and overall affirmative until proven otherwise.

And mind that you keep pointing out one single player, one single citizen, in a National News. NATION. That's a lot of players which have nothing nor want to be associated nor have any interest in your private agenda sir.

Better to step down honorably than degrade yourself to level.

Salute.

I am really happy, that Netherlands come back to the game and again plays as a Nation :) The Swedes are really good player but they had a very very lucky when they decided to invade us. After misunderstanding with France, We were totally broken as a nation :) But now looks like there is no more problem and we have really good friendship with the France and clear enemies. Keep it guys !

• Like 4

My first day off in this war since it started, work calls (yes we do work! ^_^ ), but gl and hf to all incl. the Dutch!

Now the dutch took a port back again. Don't ever go to work again eklipz. Please. See what happens when you're not here.

• Like 2