Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Well we fought last night 12 PFK 3rd rates in Pb where was the rest of nation?

You mean the impressive Batavian fleet? May-be too busy to fire salutes to the French and other patriotic peace keeping nonsence.. allowing Marianne to encircle the nation?

What's with this encirclement fantasy? Are you crediting us with having doubled our playerbase overnight? Thanks for the flattery. :)

Remarkable question. France is now at the east and the west border.. that is not a fantasy, can be seen at the map.

My intimate conviction is that it is a british bulldog that is currently gnawing at your heels ;)

I am afraid someone of the Batavian Republic has informed you wrongly. The servants of the United Provinces do not serve the French and their Batavian lapdogs ;)

Edited by Swieb

Maybe you should just stop farming and missioning and go help your nation at war. You know - you can actually screen in a frigates - actually good screening is the only reason for so many successful interceptions. You can also earn some good exp from PVP. Yestarday after sinking enemy's Bellona in my Trincomalee with a bunch of frigates I got 1.5k of exp. and around 1100 of it was just for player Bellona kill!

Each day I see a shitloads of Dutch vlagcaptains whom I haven't ONCE seen anywhere near action. I even saw this admiral on Victory (who already ordered a santisma on das ship order list), whom I never seen in battle. Also quite a lot of guys have Pavels and I yet to see at least one defending our port. No, yesterday we couldn't master even 25 3rd rates!

We are loosing war not because of lack of AI fleets, but just because most part of the nation is constantly grinding missions in Maracaibo and other places. And swedes are VERY organized despite the fact, that they have much smaller population. I think that's because they were trained by Danes (what haven't killed them only made them stronger).

I am very sad with current state of matters in Dutch republic... We are loosing to much smaller nation. And the only reason we are not loosing completely is the somehow broken mechanics of fleet interception. 5-10 frigates shouldn't be allowed to intercept 25 3rd rates in OW. Maybe we should give all ports to Swedes so our mission runners finally received some good mission ganks and MAYBE decided to help defend their nation.

sorry, i and my clan RL participated every day in PvP ! myself stop missioning since i earn the Trnico . do not interesting the never end grind for 50.000 xp. 

But i remember how many ppl. (from clans)  farmed before in Maracaibo gulf...... and not my clan.....

Idea for hiclupucli:

Sail up to the corsair haven at Island Harbor - find it on the map.

Once there give a call on nation chat. There are enough ships up there to group up and you may actually do something beneficial in a pvp server.

Or if you are not into open sea pvp then grab all your attitude and get into port battles or screening fleets.

... *sigh* ...

I do solemnly swear if the Nation gets steamrolled I will take the black and will hunt you dutch nation traitor PvE types every single time I am online. All I need, because that is actually all that is needed, is one ship and one free harbor. And best of all I know exactly where to find you.

Now, you going to actually fight other players or migrate to a PvE server ?

I'll tell you, too, because I have an idea that does not mean that I want to farming and PVE play.
I do not lose a 3rd rate ships every day.... Even to replenish? not to say that all of them take possession of the enemy. I bet that the majority of large ships ALL clan gets out from the PVE

I'm w/Johanna Zoutman on the hours spent and rank

Its painful to log in and doing missions. I just cant do it. I try, but I get about 2 in before I'm walking away from the computer and doing something else. Chores even or just raiding traders for 8xp and their cargo. I dont mind doing missions if I'm w/people. I rather enjoy it, but solo.... pfft.. BORING. I giggle when I use Steam to log in and say, "Gawd really? I've got 400hrs in this and I'm in a S'priz?" But, OTOH, I like screening fleets and small fleet PvP. I would actually like it if they did something like PoTBS did and we could possible figure out a mechanic as a community to allow us to 5v5 w/out interference. Especially since theres no true need for smuggling and port supply system in place.

And, I would solo PvP but these style of games arent my forte, more twitch skills than umm.. this style, which I'm at a brain loss for the term. Like I said, I like the PvP in small groups though.

Also, to his point. Yeah, the general population of Orange wearers need to at least fill in some spots and at minimum toss some balls down range. PvP in this game is really very easy to get into, and to get away from except for very rare occasions.

• Like 3

Battle report Wednesday 17/03 Swe V Dutch (4-1)

Dutch Assault on la blaquila, PB def wins

Ducth Assault on St:Gorge, def wins

Swe Assault on Pompatar, PB def wins

Swe Assault on Carupano, PB Attacker wins

Dutch Assault on Nuevo Barcelona, PB def wins

Edited by TrackTerror

Congratulations to the Dutch for a good defense of Pampatar today!   We are delighted the fighting spirit seems to have returned.  

I herd a rumor that lot´s of Dutch joined the Pirates last couple of days. Is this true?  [/size]

Either that,or we were reminded that life doesn't t revolve around a virtual ship.

Either that,or we were reminded that life doesn't t revolve around a virtual ship.

Yeah, I've suggested a couple of times to possibly get the councils to agree to say a Monday/Thursday off or Monday/Weds kind of thing, off to PB fights, so that people can do say, missions or just mess around w/life or other games or what have you. Maybe its been suggested, maybe not. Maybe it sounds good in my mind but isnt that special an idea. /shrugs

<..>

I herd a rumor that lot´s of Dutch joined the Pirates last couple of days. Is this true?  

To Jacob Bagge,

I don't know sir, that can be possible. What I see as the couse of the Dutch disease is the lack of parties to make the difference due sufficient counter acting the behavior of the, so named patriotic, Kezen party. It seems, as I have seen, there is no true will to put up a good working organisation, only the pathological desire to take the political power inside the nation, dividing it to a critical level. It seems many individual captains, placed under the bad influence of the so named democratic "liberty, equality and brotherhood" nonsence,  are not able to 'read' the current political situation but, as me too, don't like to spend their time to sail with pro French Keesdogs into battle. They don't see other alternatives then raising the black flag?

With regards, Swieb.. Oranje boven!
Edited by Swieb

Its painful to log in and doing missions. I just cant do it. I try, but I get about 2 in before I'm walking away from the computer and doing something else. Chores even or just raiding traders for 8xp and their cargo. I dont mind doing missions if I'm w/people. I rather enjoy it, but solo.... pfft.. BORING. I giggle when I use Steam to log in and say, "Gawd really? I've got 400hrs in this and I'm in a S'priz?" But, OTOH, I like screening fleets and small fleet PvP. I would actually like it if they did something like PoTBS did and we could possible figure out a mechanic as a community to allow us to 5v5 w/out interference. Especially since theres no true need for smuggling and port supply system in place.

And, I would solo PvP but these style of games arent my forte, more twitch skills than umm.. this style, which I'm at a brain loss for the term. Like I said, I like the PvP in small groups though.

Also, to his point. Yeah, the general population of Orange wearers need to at least fill in some spots and at minimum toss some balls down range. PvP in this game is really very easy to get into, and to get away from except for very rare occasions.

So much this, in special the part about 3-8 player groupfights in high rank frigates, I just cant convince myselfe to sail rates all day and go pb

I've been following the News forums for the last few weeks and I'm really sad I'm missing all this action. I will try to make time for Naval Action again so I can join this interesting war. :) Maybe I'll get online today after work. I haven't even tried the new patch yet so that should be fun. :P

You sound like the female version of me, or the other way around. I am the male version of you! Do you have nice hair as well?

I feel exactly the same! Now having played two portbattles I am uncertain if they suit my playstyle as I prefer to privateer myself, preferably in a group so I wont sail hours on end by myself. You should station a ship up noth and come out to play with us!

And good fight last night, Swedes!