Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

Thx for the patch! For me it s nothing compared what i expected.

Interface rework: joke! (lets say it doesnt happen)

craft rework: seems joke to me (if everybody will take to same 5-6 port his production, as it expected, what will we fighting for on the startegic map? for joy? what about if nation dont have 1 of the resources?

crew managment: only good thing.

Nothing about balance, AI capped ships. Maybe lowering somhow the OS sailing time not consuming half of our IRL life. No new missions, linear grind leveling still.

This made me disappointed about the game.

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

Very nice first Patch. Thank You.

-land in battles

-better and more detailed rewards and achievements in battles

​Something I have noticed that makes me happy. 

land in battles were never mentioned - in preparation for land in battles but not actual land in battles :)

• Like 3

NPC Traders now can carry national resources

Blueprint learning chance now depends on the quality of the ship you are making

Marines now work differently. They are not part of the crew anymore and affect your performance depending on their number. Marine upgrade now determines which % of your crew is allocated to marines. This is done in preparation for crew and officer hiring.

Nice, let's start cotton hunting now.

Hope i will finally be able to make something else than frigates soon, almost lvl 40 and no luck with Bp's until now, a Mercury, a trader brig and few days ago a Suprise BP ... that's all i got while crafting mostly golden ships, really hope this will change a bit now.

Marines, like muskets before they don't add up to the total crew numbers anymore, some said it turned out into being a big disadvantage to have some on battles now, did not tested yet but curious about this, no more 10% reload time penalty at least and 4% Marines % increase with matsercraft Marines instead of 10% with all variations before. 

Production buildings, waiting to see more about this.

Craft notes, so apparently things like frigates and Suprises will now need silver for the mid class crafting notes instead of gold used in higher class ships for upgrades, seems nice and gives a purpose to silver and copper.

Had a reset of all keybinds not a big deal but i got a big loss of FPS, looked the settings and set everything like before but it's a really big hit and even in a slow paced game like this one it starts to make me motion sick really quickly, not sure what was done but there is a big performances hit, hope it will be improved soon.

Overall it looks good ( beside the FPS hit that will force me to tone down a lot the settings or simply stop to play as it's impossible to play with 40 fps for me) , need a lot of testing to see all the changes, waiting to have a TP available to make a shipyard and see if i get more luck with BP's now.

Thanks a lot and continue the nice work.

PS: i like the contracts listed with all players name, quantity remaining and prices, good addition.

Edited by Kanay

Thx for the patch! For me it s nothing compared what i expected.

Interface rework: joke! (lets say it doesnt happen)

craft rework: seems joke to me (if everybody will take to same 5-6 port his production, as it expected, what will we fighting for on the startegic map? for joy? what about if nation dont have 1 of the resources?

crew managment: only good thing.

Nothing about balance, AI capped ships. Maybe lowering somhow the OS sailing time not consuming half of our IRL life. No new missions, linear grind leveling still.

This made me disappointed about the game.

UI rework is for the new resources, not about making the final UI.

Craft rework: let's wait it out, your assumption will be probably false, if they stick to the things they said in the production buildings topic (the more buildings in one city, the less they produce).

Balancing the ships completely is not an option. They were not balanced in the era either. Ganking should be prevented mostly by the 2 minute timer.

AI capped ships? What about them?

Feel free to post suggestions in that part of the forums.

Need rudder increments if turns are going to be slower on a curve as need to have the option to turn shallower.

Not a fan of marines somehow replacing crew. Have a look at the soldiers that were extra at trafalgar. Unless it is insane (huge numbers of marines taking up sailor space) marine compliments should not remove sailors

• Like 6

So this update basically made all the old Crafting notes, completely useless to about 95% of the people that cant craft constitutions (i imagine thats when High grades start) and up

I'm 38 crafting and i craft trincs, I had a rather large collection of Crafting notes and now they are useless. I have to find somebody with 15 crafting to make me mid grade notes, not many people with 15 crafting will want to waste hours on notes.

you should have allowed High grade notes to be used on any ship, but be required for the higher end ships. why would anybody care if i use High grade notes to build my cutters?

Edit:
OR, we can have a system that turns one note into another Like turning 4 High into 6 Mid or 6 Mid into 4 High

Edited by David Batista
  • Like 2

Nice, let's start cotton hunting now.

Hope i will finally be able to make something else than frigates soon, almost lvl 40 and no luck with Bp's until now, a Mercury, a trader brig and few days ago a Suprise BP ... that's all i got while crafting mostly golden ships, really hope this will change a bit now.

Marines, like muskets before they don't add up to the total crew numbers anymore, some said it turned out into being a big disadvantage to have some on battles now, did not tested yet but curious about this, no more 10% reload time penalty at least and 4% Marines % increase with matsercraft Marines instead of 10% with all variations before. 

Production buildings, waiting to see more about this.

Craft notes, so apparently things like frigates and Suprises will now need silver for the mid class crafting notes instead of gold used in higher class ships for upgrades, seems nice and gives a purpose to silver and copper.

Had a reset of all keybinds not a big deal but i got a big loss of FPS, looked the settings and set everything like before but it's a really big hit and even in a slow paced game like this one it starts to make me motion sick really quickly, not sure what was done but there is a big performances hit, hope it will be improved soon.

Overall it looks good ( beside the FPS hit that will force me to tone down a lot the settings or simply stop to play as it's impossible to play with 40 fps for me) , need a lot of testing to see all the changes, waiting to have a TP available to make a shipyard and see if i get more luck with BP's now.

Thanks a lot and continue the nice work.

PS: i like the contracts listed with all players name, quantity remaining and prices, good addition.

• Crafting notes were renamed to High Grade Notes

You should have High Grade Crafting Notes then

He meant that his high grade notes are only needed for Constitution and up. Can you make it clear? All ships need high grade notes, and mid or low grade is needed for upgrades, or how is it?

• Crafting notes were renamed to High Grade Notes

You should have High Grade Crafting Notes then

This is spectacular and nothing short than marvellous.

Today is officially the longest day @ office since a long time.

The changes, especially to the crew and boarding make me wanting to call in sick tomorrow...

Also good changes it seems for the tradesmen and craftsmen.

• Like 3

He meant that his high grade notes are only needed for Constitution and up. Can you make it clear? All ships need high grade notes, and mid or low grade is needed for upgrades, or how is it?

you cannot use High grade notes for anything under Constitution. they are useless to anybody below that.

[*]Resource production buildings added – buildings can be built only in national towns

So pirates have to put resource buildings in pirate ports? Or are pirates excluded from having resource buildings?

If it is the former, then since soooo many are against pirates being a nation, I suggest adding resource buildings to outposts in free towns.