Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

go to \Naval Action\Database\DesignModel\Ships and you will find the agamemnon on top if you short by name

Ohhh yeah then I see it, also see Ocean etc. I were checking in Naval Action\Ships.

I also noticed Hermione in Database\DesignModel\Presets

Edited by Tomms123

I didn't see any mention of the small crafting notes for small ships and modules. I'm still wondering if they're planned for this upcoming patch. 

I'm also very curious what this patch will bring on the crafting side of things. The mysterious and subtle hints the devs shared in other threads makes me wonder even more.

Looking at the price inflation for certain type of ships and the lunatic increase for CN prices on the other hand  wecan only hope we'll se some tweaking taking place here. Not to speak of the current BP drop or "issues".

I got an offer to craft a fine ship upgrade for 100k- but I had to turn the customer down because CN prices are over the top and labour hours and some ingredients are such a rare commodity I couldn't afford to accept the offer. Manufacturing other than for your own use or friends is just nonsense atm. Odd.

Ohhh yeah then I see it, also see Ocean etc. I were checking in Naval Action\Ships.

I also noticed Hermione in Database\DesignModel\Presets

L'Hermione? that would be epic! Beautiful and famous replica she is.

Edited by Mr. Starbuck

Those new ships I see in the files is Bucentaure, GrosVentre, Indiaman, Rattlesnake, RattlesnakeHeavy (which I havent seen before. Unsure on the Schooner)

Ingermanland is in the game - some of us were testing her just prior to EA.  She's still being finished, tuned, and balanced, so she isn't available for craft/purchase at the moment, but she is on the way.   :)

Theoretically you should end up with no rudder and no guns when you're done 'tanking,' and the enemy gets an easy capture.

But to accomplish this, there has to be some automatic gun loss when shooting at a 'destroyed' stern, and perhaps some special sort of crew shock.

Most of all, if the darn mast hitboxes would extend to the waterline like I ask for every week, you would be dismasted.

Yes, if everytime I get raked with ball, I lose guns, guncrews, and probably get dismasted, I would most definitely NOT try to present my stern. Sure, I won't be sinking, but after enough of those, there's no way I'd be able to effectively fight.

• Like 1

Ingermanland is in the game - some of us were testing her just prior to EA.  She's still being finished, tuned, and balanced, so she isn't available for craft/purchase at the moment, but she is on the way.   :)

Henry I know ;)

I got beautifull screenshots from the last Trafalgar of Ink and Nornicas Ingermanlands :D

But by the new ships I mean those I havent seen in the game folder before :)

I agree with those who say that leaks should occur from bow and stern damage. It's always seemed strange they do not cause leaks, I always just thought it was a broken part of the damage model that was intended to be fixed later.

Rather than increase broadside armor (I think it's perfect where it is) why not just introduce leaking for bow and stern shots? Sees like the much simpler solution.

bow damage definitely causes a leak >.>

I always thought that the reason the bow takes on more water than the stern is due to forward motion of the ship. You're basically 'scooping' up water when your bow is full of holes and you're moving forward..

The stern should leak more when you are sitting still or moving backwards.

---------------------------

Overall I like the patch proposals. Not so sure how I'm going to like the mast repair. It's already fairly generous that you can repair so much of your sails in the game as it is now.

A ) Someone who is keen on running will typically do so before the fighting really starts, and won't need multiple repairs (if even one).

B ) Someone who cannot physically outrun their opponents will just be prolonging the inevitable by continuously repairing sails.

Are we anticipating that someone who sails off and waits for the cool-down is going to jump back in the fight? If so, what was the point of sailing away to begin with? From what I've seen, anyone who gets that far enough away from the fight is gonna be spamming the esc key—not the repair key, and it's already a test of patience to chase someone down and see them go from 80% to 100% sail and realize they just added another 40 minutes to the chase.

I just don't see this change as necessary. Not to mention with the buffing of repairs, it's like having a dry-dock at sea, unless it was common for a captain to keep a spare mast in his cabin, just in case.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 2

Sounds like some really great changes :)

Regarding raking fire, the damage this does should primarily be to the crew and cannons, but it should also be devastating in this regard, i.e. captains should want to avoid exposing esp. their stern.

The bow is the strongest part of the ship and thus should not be as vulnerable.

Yes, if everytime I get raked with ball, I lose guns, guncrews, and probably get dismasted, I would most definitely NOT try to present my stern. Sure, I won't be sinking, but after enough of those, there's no way I'd be able to effectively fight.

Yep, agreed.

Right now, I can tank with my stern an equal sized ship with no drawbacks at all. Last duel I had, I mostly tanked with my stern (I'm evil), no crew loss, no leaks, no water inside my hull, only one gun lost on each side (and probably not lost on the stern rakes).

For sure, if I begin to loose guns, crew and let's say masts, for sure I'll immediatly stop trying to tank damage with my stern even if I don't sink from those stern rakes...

Stern rakes should not sink a ship, sure, and I think we all mostly agree on this, but it should at least badly cripple that ship. Now let's see what the patch will do exactly and if it's enough to fix this.

This Content Patch sounds like fun

1 Suggestion, Please remove the small /Large battle queue from the game entirely. Basically there is no need for any player to actually Live in the world you are creating. People should be out in the open world looking for PVP sailing around and interacting in the open world. If you can get a battle any time from a grey screen you may as well not even have an open world

• Like 2

This Content Patch sounds like fun

1 Suggestion, Please remove the small /Large battle queue from the game entirely. Basically there is no need for any player to actually Live in the world you are creating. People should be out in the open world looking for PVP sailing around and interacting in the open world. If you can get a battle any time from a grey screen you may as well not even have an open world

Did you try to get into small battles? It's lucky if you get 1 player...

And it's a great way to have fun with your clan while waiting around for action.

I like it but i do hope they dont add too much micro management, you have to remember there were officers on board that were in charge of departments... I don't want to a be a captain doing 20 on board officers roles...

This is indeed very important. Although I do appreciate raising the skill ceiling it must not become a too difficult task to manage the different things. I believe that many sail this because they appreciate the lower pace of sailing warfare (compared to many other games), and if there is too much to do at once these players will be alienated.

btw, since you're working on crew management, what about having only one broadside reloading at any given time?

There should be two crew number requirements for Gunnery - single side reload and dual side simultaneous reload.   :)

Edited to add - I didn't mean that is how it will be.  That is my opinion for how it should be.  The actual feature will be as Admin showed in his post.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
  • Like 4

I agree with those who say that leaks should occur from bow and stern damage. It's always seemed strange they do not cause leaks, I always just thought it was a broken part of the damage model that was intended to be fixed later.

Rather than increase broadside armor (I think it's perfect where it is) why not just introduce leaking for bow and stern shots? Sees like the much simpler solution.

Has anyone thought of the consequences of stern leaking when trying to cap said ship? I think it'll be a difficult change to balance. In some cases by the time you rake the crew down to a manageable level the ship could be borderline sunk (or sink during boarding).

Has anyone thought of the consequences of stern leaking when trying to cap said ship? I think it'll be a difficult change to balance. In some cases by the time you rake the crew down to a manageable level the ship could be borderline sunk (or sink during boarding).

Especially once the victim enters Boarding Focus and deliberately stops pumping to deny you the prize.

Well, since real skippers have been known to scuttle their ships for that very reason this tactic is realistic.

No, it isn't.

No one scuttled their ships in deep water, and ships would only be in danger of sinking after hours of pounding, not twelve cannon balls in the stern.

im sick of this. like in trial. month after month we get some hp to rudder, take some HP from rudder. month after month we get cooldown repairs, we loose cooldown repairs. The real battle part of this game is really good, and no need changes, but as all other part (crafting, lookout, mission variability, etc) are frugal and boring, u should hardly work on them. Appart from that we had a clear vote that we dont want repairs, u implement it again. First of all make new variable type of missions and lookout! After new craft system with production buildings, new crew management, take some land in some (not all) PB-s, but forget these useless repair changes. Make changes fast, as time killing, boring repetitive missions wont keep playerz in for a long time. Its an early acces as i know, and we playing with a full grey interface. Joke. The battle and repair system is good as it is now, or should be better if there is no repair at all just emergency modul repair!  U go forward 3 steps, after get back 2. fine work. One of the most immportant fun factor is in the game the reality factor! i can imagine when 2 ships in a bloody duel, they shoot shitload to each other and the crew hanging on the masts to repair them.... Lol.

Edited by DrZoidberg