Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

Players wont be able to disengage in certain situations unless they are pulled away from the vessel by friendly ramming.

Please remove this extremely unrealistic mechanism. When ramming/colliding, ships should get rigging and hull damage and would most likely end their rigging entangled. Disentangling ships should involve cutting the rigging, resulting in even more damage.

• Like 3

^^^

This!!! We really could use a rank for 4th rates like the Consti (i assume there will be quite more rank 4 ships in the future), since the insta jump from a Trincomallee to a 3rd rate seems a bit overkill.

I'm hoping that 50 guns two deckers or and 64 guns ships will be added to bridge the gap between frigates and 3rd rates. The Constitution is not a good example, as it is rather an exception (a class on its own that could be dubbed a "super-frigate").

• Like 1

I'm hoping that 50 guns two deckers or and 64 guns ships will be added to bridge the gap between frigates and 3rd rates. The Constitution is not a good example, as it is rather an exception (a class on its own that could be dubbed a "super-frigate").

we are getting a 64 gun ship of the line soon, the ingermanland. The aganenmon is also spotted in the game files so i suspect we get her as well, when i cannot tell at all.

New system: Penalties and reload will depend on the gun composition of cannons for this particular vessel.  If you have 20 men left and switched to a gunnery crew focus it will be enough to reload 2 heavy guns per minute allowing you to fire them individually. All guns have a minimum and optimal crew requirements and the gun composition for the vessel will become extremely important in battle.

• Equip lighter guns – you will have more flexibility in choices when you start losing crew.
  • Equip heavier guns – you will have to manage the crew.

Will locking decks reduce crew requirement for guns?

• Like 1

All cool just dont jump from 1 to 100 as usual, do things gradually expecial with the sail/mast thing, now is quite easy to demast already and repair is fine,  tbh i not see reason to change actual hp/mast repair.

If we demast easly everybody will just shoot on masts, and also capture ships in pve will be super easy..  you need to think before making this king of adjustment, augmenting raking dmg and demasting will make NPC super easy expecial on slower ships ppl already is able to capture a 3rd rate with a renomee 

The crew management is cool, but dont change too much the combat while you add another feature, we gonna mix too much in same moment.  the actual repair sistem/mast is fine nobody complained.  Maybe a little more repair for armor,  or diverge the repairing sail/armor  in a sort of heal overtime (even in combat)  if you redirect crew to such roles  like repair  > sails > leaks>armor  

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

I have a concern with increased raking damage.

The other day I was fighting a Player Frigate that was fully crewed with at least 280 crew (dont remember if he had extra but I dont think so).  I was in a Ren with 9lb longs.  First rake of ball, he was at 270 crew.  2nd rake with grape, 170 crew.  3rd rake with grape, 70 crew.  4th rake with grape, 51 crew.  How will it be with improved raking damage?  During this time I was down to 239 crew...and if he wouldn't have instantly turned to trying to capsize me, I would have captured him instead of him sinking himself.

• Like 3

I have a concern with increased raking damage.

The other day I was fighting a Player Frigate that was fully crewed with at least 280 crew (dont remember if he had extra but I dont think so).  I was in a Ren with 9lb longs.  First rake of ball, he was at 270 crew.  2nd rake with grape, 170 crew.  3rd rake with grape, 70 crew.  4th rake with grape, 51 crew.  How will it be with improved raking damage?  During this time I was down to 239 crew...and if he wouldn't have instantly turned to trying to capsize me, I would have captured him instead of him sinking himself.

i agree with this concern, i certainly hope that increase raking damage does not count for increased crew count, as Grape is allready extremely powerfull in a rake.

• Like 3

The thing is, actually you can pretty much do stern tanking against ball ammo against average players.

No more armor on stern, no major impact, you don't sink from it, no survival mode needed.

No more armor on one flank, you just sink and can do nothing about it even on survival mode.

Two or three days ago I was in a small battle, I was the last guy alive in my team against four enemies. All I had to do was to offer my stern to their fire and fire at their flanks to sink them all. Maybe they were not very good, and a pro player would have destroyed me and my crew. And sure it would have been another story if they were firing grape at my stern.

It took me a lot of time to get their flank armor to zero on all of them, but their ball fire on my stern, never did anything, while getting them at zero on their flank, was an automatically sinking of a ship.

Two days ago, i'm in a duel against some british captain, same level, same ship, same story... All I had to do was to offer him my stern to his ball shots and broadsides, stay out of grape range and fire at his flanks. Same results, as soon as he had no more armor on one of his flank, I just had to disengage and wait for him to sink. While I tanked his broadsides and volleys with my stern being at zero armor...

I have countless other examples against average players.

And it's not uncommon either for people in PB to tank towers with their bow, because bow being at zero armor is a problem you ll have to manage at some point but a flank at zero armor is a sure death, no matter what you do about it.

I guess it could be exploited even in PvE, because you just simply cannot sink if you only get hit on your stern.

So I understand rake is powerful with grape but with ball ammo, in the current build, it is not.Some of you experienced players can destroy a crew by firing ball shots through the stern, but most players do not. Bow/stern should be the weakness of the ships, not their best side for tanking ball shots forever just because you can't sink from a stern being at zero armor, no matter how many shots you land on it. And I guess that's why devs want to change that situation.

Now let's hope the patch improve ball ammo rake damage and not the grape rake damage.

Edited by Charles Deluxe
  • Like 3

Combat tuning

We want to increase importance of positional damage - raking and reduce importance of broadside damage slightly. Captains should tank with a broadside not with a stern/bow. This will be achieved by the following.

• Significantly increased cannon damage from raking fire
  • Lower rudder HP
  • Increased broadside planking and class for all vessels

This could lead to smaller vessels are getting absolutly OP against big ships. Smaller vessels are allready more manuverable and harder to hit anyway, cause of their low profile, Giving them more power from raking shote might not be a good idea.

• Like 1

This could lead to smaller vessels are getting absolutly OP against big ships. Smaller vessels are allready more manuverable and harder to hit anyway, cause of their low profile, Giving them more power from raking shote might not be a good idea.

Exactly this should be the case, if you sail a really big ship you should not be alone....

• Like 2

I hope one day they will add the possibility to change your nationality, for example 

- that nations have roughly the same number of players (you cant choose a nation who have more player than an other)
- pirates can join a nation
- maybe change nation for gold ? to pay admiralty ? more expensives for pirates ?