Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Hercules ship feedback

On 4/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, admin said:

Its a one time gift ship. The ship is fine. It's a great ship and will remain great. 80 BR is a number that is given to light ships so they can enter both shallow and deep water battles.

Once other options for getting it will appear - they will be prohibitively expensive turning this vessel more to a status and power symbol. 

So you have a deceptive and false BR so it can get into port battles? I’m sorry but really? How lazy is that? Simple fix is change criteria for entering deep and shallow PB. Give the Hurc a 6th rate rating and allow 6th rates and lower in shallow water battles.

Hercules is for me a very powerful ship. It is a snow on mega steroids.

* 4 chasers !

* 15 x 32 pounder carronades  each side

* Unmatched speed and good turn rate

* A bit high profile but also short

what are his downsides ? I really do not know.

I can do circles around bigger ships including some 5th rates, look like it is  impossible to shake me from their ass. First pass with carros, no armour is left on enemy stern, second pass with carro-grapes 100-200 crew is dead, enemy crew shocks, game is over.

Same thing happened to me, I was in a fast indefatigable, and an experienced player ripped me apart in his Hercules, he just locked me until he ripped all my crew, and after my armour. Cause I could not even reload due to missing crew. I had trouble landing good shots on him, which I did not have many chances.

I feel 32 pounders carronades are too strong for this ship, if he is this agile and fast, he should have slightly less armour and hp. This is a free ship which you can select your best wood, and you can sail with no fear of losing this ship. You do not need to put expensive mods on it, as it is already fast and you can select best woods.

* Remove his 32 pounder carronades.

* Nerf agility and speed a bit.

* If agility and speed stays same, nerf it is hp and armour.

* At it is current stage this ship is really OP. I would laugh at renomees, suprises, cerberuses, and make fun with bigger 5th rates, troll the much bigger ships.

*** If you can redeem this ship everyday, it should be on par with mediorce 5th rates, it can not be a BEAST like what it is now. Because you can select your wood type freely, if you had to built this ship like others, best built would sell for at least 750k or easly more gold. So having an DLC / IMPORTED / PREMIUM ship is having an usable ship with zero cost ! , not having 1 overpowered little bastard because you paid for it.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, AeRoTR said:

If you can redeem this ship everyday, it should be on par with mediorce 5th rates, it can not be a BEAST like what it is now.

If you can redeem it everyday it's because your losing it everyday.

Oh wait!  You could sell for 1/2 the gold you would get sinking one AI  trader brig and then also lose any mods you have put on it....that makes sense!

Sigh.