Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Hercules ship feedback

On 4/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, admin said:

Its a one time gift ship. The ship is fine. It's a great ship and will remain great. 80 BR is a number that is given to light ships so they can enter both shallow and deep water battles.

Once other options for getting it will appear - they will be prohibitively expensive turning this vessel more to a status and power symbol. 

So you have a deceptive and false BR so it can get into port battles? I’m sorry but really? How lazy is that? Simple fix is change criteria for entering deep and shallow PB. Give the Hurc a 6th rate rating and allow 6th rates and lower in shallow water battles.

Hercules is for me a very powerful ship. It is a snow on mega steroids.

* 4 chasers !

* 15 x 32 pounder carronades  each side

* Unmatched speed and good turn rate

* A bit high profile but also short

what are his downsides ? I really do not know.

I can do circles around bigger ships including some 5th rates, look like it is  impossible to shake me from their ass. First pass with carros, no armour is left on enemy stern, second pass with carro-grapes 100-200 crew is dead, enemy crew shocks, game is over.

Same thing happened to me, I was in a fast indefatigable, and an experienced player ripped me apart in his Hercules, he just locked me until he ripped all my crew, and after my armour. Cause I could not even reload due to missing crew. I had trouble landing good shots on him, which I did not have many chances.

I feel 32 pounders carronades are too strong for this ship, if he is this agile and fast, he should have slightly less armour and hp. This is a free ship which you can select your best wood, and you can sail with no fear of losing this ship. You do not need to put expensive mods on it, as it is already fast and you can select best woods.

* Remove his 32 pounder carronades.

* Nerf agility and speed a bit.

* If agility and speed stays same, nerf it is hp and armour.

* At it is current stage this ship is really OP. I would laugh at renomees, suprises, cerberuses, and make fun with bigger 5th rates, troll the much bigger ships.

*** If you can redeem this ship everyday, it should be on par with mediorce 5th rates, it can not be a BEAST like what it is now. Because you can select your wood type freely, if you had to built this ship like others, best built would sell for at least 750k or easly more gold. So having an DLC / IMPORTED / PREMIUM ship is having an usable ship with zero cost ! , not having 1 overpowered little bastard because you paid for it.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 5

On 7/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, AeRoTR said:

If you can redeem this ship everyday, it should be on par with mediorce 5th rates, it can not be a BEAST like what it is now.

If you can redeem it everyday it's because your losing it everyday.

Oh wait!  You could sell for 1/2 the gold you would get sinking one AI  trader brig and then also lose any mods you have put on it....that makes sense!

Sigh.

I bought this DLC ship (I hope that doing so i have helped a bit the development of the game), but I find it OP (less than the Requin, at least this ship undergoes the pursuit of another Hercules, 4 bow cannons- 2 stern cannons).
I think devs should decrease his side hull, so to balance a little, in fact it is already very fast and turns incredibly.
I say this against my interest (since I bought the DLC), but I find that it is absolutely unfair that there are pay to win ships (as it s Hercules today).

• Like 5

Herc and Requin are OP I fully agree

Bahamas pvp event = premium event.

Bahamas = premium water

Even in portbattles Prince or any other 80 BR ship isn't a option vs the requin or herc (100 Br but still OP)

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, rediii said:

Herc and Requin are OP I fully agree

Bahamas pvp event = premium event.

Bahamas = premium water

Even in portbattles Prince or any other 80 BR ship isn't a option vs the requin or herc (100 Br but still OP)

Kerchiiiing!!!!!!!!! close that till devs its getting silly.

Buster (backlog of mercs to shift)

Buster 

Love the Herc. Very agile ship that has become the first rate of the shallows. That is the issue however. Not much in the shallows can match it 1v1. The Nassau Patrol before its inteoduction was lively. Now it is quiet in relation. It is a ship that needs not a nerf but some moderate tweaks to create an enviromental balance with its natural habitat in the shallows.

Feedback on the Hercules: It's combination of speed, amount of hp, thickness, cannons/DPS, crew AND low BR makes is ridiculous OP! 

Result: the Hercules is a must in the Nassau Patrol zone to be competitive and it is very OP as a screening ship vs shallow water pb fleets. Now it is even a normal ship to bring into deep water pbs.

Suggested nerf half the base HP on the Hercules and  weaken its mast thickness to match that of the Mercury!

I used to sail in the Bahamas a lot. I traded there and I did the Nassau patrol every time it was up. Now I will not sail in the Bahamas anymore because of the DLC ships being so OP. Yes I could buy them myself but one of the things I liked about the shallow water was the variety of ships in use. Now if you are not sailing a DLC ship you cannot compete in shallow water.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Totally love this unrealistic sail profile chart

Best we have being better than none at all :)

I am certain @jodgi would appreciate all the help to improve it. 😎

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Well it it includes ships that do not exist in game and one is missing

4 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Totally love this unrealistic sail profile chart

Define "unrealistic"...

4 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Oh, for sure! Many, many people have already contributed over the years.

4 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Well it it includes ships that do not exist in game and one is missing

They do exist, however you may not have them. ;)

Which one is missing?

13 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Define "unrealistic"...

Which one is missing?

is there a donation button for the Speed trials society? I am sure a lot of people will donate to keep up updated especially with the release coming closer and closer. 

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Define "unrealistic"...

Which one is missing?

Im missing santa cecilia

Just sailed the Hercules for the first time. I find the way the cannons are distributed makes firing a front to rear broadside difficult. Any suggestions?

9 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Just sailed the Hercules for the first time. I find the way the cannons are distributed makes firing a front to rear broadside difficult. Any suggestions?

It's the same as any ship, you have to get used to it.

I tend to use rum rations, even with mediums, so the broadside width is probably wider than what you are contending with.

Depower and neutralise your sails if need be, or do what I do and turn while you're firing - it helps with hitting your target and deflecting shots at the same time

On 7/31/2018 at 5:42 PM, admin said:

is there a donation button for the Speed trials society? I am sure a lot of people will donate to keep up updated especially with the release coming closer and closer. 

I will keep it updated, no need to worry about that in the foreseeable future. I actually don't have any expenses with it as of now.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:27 PM, Lovec1990 said:

Im missing santa cecilia

On 7/31/2018 at 6:46 PM, Coraline Vodka said:

I'm missing a santa Cecilia too

Hermione is the Cecilia. (Ech! Could have it mixed up with Lhermie but I think I remember right)

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 12:49 PM, Predator said:

Hello guys. Where i can see Hercules sailing profile?

You may also want to check my map tool (ship comparison):

It uses the same data as Jodgi (in fact I took his magic numbers) but presents the sailing profile in a different way.

• Like 3

I need to ask this. 

Are the devs going to nerf the Hercules or not?  Second option. Are you considering to buff all 6th and 5th rates to have some balance in game?  

Tell me why the Hercules is the only frigate with shallow waters sailing?  It is the intention to ruin the gameplay near Bahamas?  Done.

Tell me why the Hercules have a more powerful broadside in comparison with Cerberus but a joke BR? It is the intention ruin PB? Done

Tell my why the sail profile it is the best in all aspects in comparison with almost 5th rates and have the best speed. ( loses only with the Brigs at 45 degrees from the wind ) It is the intention to make the perfect troll ship against square rigged?  Done

How much time you guys need to fix this ? 

• Like 2