Game-Labs Forum

Hercules ship feedback

9 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Just sailed the Hercules for the first time. I find the way the cannons are distributed makes firing a front to rear broadside difficult. Any suggestions?

It's the same as any ship, you have to get used to it.

I tend to use rum rations, even with mediums, so the broadside width is probably wider than what you are contending with.

Depower and neutralise your sails if need be, or do what I do and turn while you're firing - it helps with hitting your target and deflecting shots at the same time

On 7/31/2018 at 5:42 PM, admin said:

is there a donation button for the Speed trials society? I am sure a lot of people will donate to keep up updated especially with the release coming closer and closer. 

I will keep it updated, no need to worry about that in the foreseeable future. I actually don't have any expenses with it as of now.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:27 PM, Lovec1990 said:

Im missing santa cecilia

On 7/31/2018 at 6:46 PM, Coraline Vodka said:

I'm missing a santa Cecilia too

Hermione is the Cecilia. (Ech! Could have it mixed up with Lhermie but I think I remember right)

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 12:49 PM, Predator said:

Hello guys. Where i can see Hercules sailing profile?

You may also want to check my map tool (ship comparison):

It uses the same data as Jodgi (in fact I took his magic numbers) but presents the sailing profile in a different way.

• Like 3

I need to ask this. 

Are the devs going to nerf the Hercules or not?  Second option. Are you considering to buff all 6th and 5th rates to have some balance in game?  

Tell me why the Hercules is the only frigate with shallow waters sailing?  It is the intention to ruin the gameplay near Bahamas?  Done.

Tell me why the Hercules have a more powerful broadside in comparison with Cerberus but a joke BR? It is the intention ruin PB? Done

Tell my why the sail profile it is the best in all aspects in comparison with almost 5th rates and have the best speed. ( loses only with the Brigs at 45 degrees from the wind ) It is the intention to make the perfect troll ship against square rigged?  Done

How much time you guys need to fix this ? 

• Like 3

Finally got to play NA for a entire evening, roughly 5 hours straight of sailing and generally ganking anything like a pvp brute ( bless the kids and lady being away for the week ! )

Sailing out with Hercules with a group of 3 ships, where 2 were Hercules.

We had no sweat bringing down Bellonas and anything that crossed our path, everything was 5th rates or 3rd rates and some 6th rates..., was rather entertainingly "boring". We had no doubt, from the moment we pressed attack that it would be a win. Was not really a challenge, just mark farming really...

Broadside weight aside and just looking at rigging handling and consequent agility of the ship, it feels like patch 10.x Cerberus all over again :) 

I have to test further and grab the video evidence BUT she doesn't bleed speed on a turn according and furthermore, she actually gains speed easy during a sharp turn.

I don't think it is the ship itself but something in the sail groups, given her profile seems the stays just propel her across with maximum acceleration when doing these sharp wears.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 4:57 PM, Bumsebiene said:

These two ships should never have got into the game. Now Naval Action is a pay-to-win game for me!

Absolutely agree. The Herc, as OP as it is, fighting other shallow water ships with as much crew as it has... pay to win. Devs trying to ruin this game completely? Bad enough they lost over 50% of the player base already.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not trying to show off, but the herc in its current state is pretty ridiculous and unbalanced. Dlc or not doesnt matter.

Its turnrate combined with the odd great bouncing abilities make it pretty hard to hit. If you get 5-7 hits out of a broadside on it, you're lucky.

Also the masts are oddly tough, combined with french rig you will have to be pretty close in order to even deal damage.

I really do not think a trinc can deal 1:1 with a decent herc captain. My game feeling, after 5400 hours into the game, tells me it should be capable of doing so.

Nerf needed urgently, imho

B7081D4E4CF43EB88B138406DEB37BEB2622B71B

• Like 4

No it is not OP, you are the OP! 

Just kidding, 2 DLC ships both OP thus P2W! 

Player numbers are going down once again, I think it has relation to DLC P2W herc and le shit. (le requin, noob farmers) 

For the Hercules why would I need to sail frigate, pfrig, suprise, reno, cerb, even the bigger ones as they are slow to turn so 1 vs 1, Hercules has advantage. 

I think 5th rate economy has already suffered. 

Herc with basic upgrades and skill books, is all you need to attack most of the enemy. 

• Like 1

She tanked the spanish line in montevideo. Like the vic did in trafalgar. Straing to break the line and to hell with caution.

Given the "scaled down" rates of ships i'd say she was a tough but to crack. Her pacific roving campaign was pretty glorious as well.

nerf/buff mmo style feels like fleas all across the wood...

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

She tanked the spanish line in montevideo. Like the vic did in trafalgar. Straing to break the line and to hell with caution.

Given the "scaled down" rates of ships i'd say she was a tough but to crack. Her pacific roving campaign was pretty glorious as well.

nerf/buff mmo style feels like fleas all across the wood...

Due to balance issues... Or a ship is fast and nimble (and Hercules is... Even too much) or a ship is great tanker (and Hercules is not totally frail) or she has a great broadsides (and Hercules has).

Having two edges is already top much. Having all three is game breaking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Due to balance issues... Or a ship is fast and nimble (and Hercules is... Even too much) or a ship is great tanker (and Hercules is not totally frail) or she has a great broadsides (and Hercules has).

Having two edges is already top much. Having all three is game breaking.

i agree hercules should be fast, agile and have current firepower if its realistic but nerf its armor HP bellow 3000

6 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

i agree hercules should be fast, agile and have current firepower if its realistic but nerf its armor HP bellow 3000

In the end it's always the same problem of a lot of broken ships at the moment.

Constitution is nicely sturdy but slower than Agamennon, with less broadsides than other 4th rate and turning like a Bucetaure = simply not usable.

And about Hercules we are not talking about 4 chasers that with today chainballs damage, make her able to almost stop any ship with similar speed.

PS: but the balance breaker is the Requin...

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

In the end it's always the same problem of a lot of broken ships at the moment.

Constitution is nicely sturdy but slower than Agamennon, with less broadsides than other 4th rate and turning like a Bucetaure = simply not usable.

And about Hercules we are not talking about 4 chasers that with today chainballs damage, make her able to almost stop any ship with similar speed.

PS: but the balance breaker is the Requin...

try to tell them this in topic where we talk about ship usefulness when i just said she needs alittle speed buff everyone pretty much fliped

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

try to tell them this in topic where we talk about ship usefulness when i just said she needs alittle speed buff everyone pretty much fliped

She was a great PVP ship hot nerfed multiple times to void, now. Almost no one uses her.

It is possible we will get a super Connie by DLC... so a new meta incoming.

Not right way of making stuff working imo.

6 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

She was a great PVP ship hot nerfed multiple times to void, now. Almost no one uses her.

It is possible we will get a super Connie by DLC... so a new meta incoming.

Not right way of making stuff working imo.

We may get it but it will be just refit so changes should be only visual

• 1 month later...

I have this beautiful ship and use her on testbed, not so much in caribbean, but have to note 2 things:

- she picks up too much wind too fast close haul - at 45º she goes from 0kn to 8kn in a few seconds.

- I am testing a Sabicu, Crew Space. She can deflect the majority of shots with low incidence angle. Comparison with same thickness, similar HP, Surprise. Surprise will not deflect most of the shot. Tested being shot by 3 5th rates with gun decks armed with 18pdr, 12pdr and 9pdr/6pdr.

• 1 month later...

Considering that it is a free ship:

- Hercules is just too fast,

- accelerates too fast,

- has too heavy guns

- it bounces like crazy (because of it's hull-form and turnrate mostly probably?)

Which equivalent ship can be captured in open world? With the same 'good' builds?

Which options/alternatives do non-dlc'ers have? That is atleast comparable?

Considering that there is no decent alternative, why is it allowed in events, portbattles or anything that is not 'open world'-related?

I'm sorry, this ship is really an 'eyesore' or troll-ship and i really fail to see how it (or it's implementation?) brings anything positive to the open world.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...