Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

While I am waiting for the update, I started a new hobby. Well not a cheap hobby, but in the second hand shop I found some beauties.

1604593584-20201105-133929.jpg

1604593629-20201105-133936.jpg

I will buy some cheap desk and I will make a layout. Maybe an industrial one with a mountain and a trestle bridge. Oh I have so many plans...

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

While I am waiting for the update, I started a new hobby. Well not a cheap hobby, but in the second hand shop I found some beauties.

1604593584-20201105-133929.jpg

1604593629-20201105-133936.jpg

I will buy some cheap desk and I will make a layout. Maybe an industrial one with a mountain and a trestle bridge. Oh I have so many plans...

Don't forget to add a drydock to the layout, just in case...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marshall99 said:

<snip>

Yeah, model railroading is not a cheap hobby. Used to be into it a bit before I got heavily into computer gaming, then it kinda just dropped out of my life. Still interested in trains and such... Its just the everpresent shadow called TIME that looms... Interests change and we move on, accepting that we have a limited attention span. Hence the term of "living vicariously through others".

But it is certainly something to pass the time whilst we wait for the update...

Hopefully by the end of the month at any rate.

Right? 

• Like 1

Did I hear hobby stuff?!??! Oh man, oh bloop, oh boy.

I paint models. I'm trying to go pro.. This is why, aside from work, I have no time to play video games.

I landed 6th out of 240th with this sucker in a contest I entered earlier in the year. :3 

I was actually pretty disappointed but.. that's me. 

I am not sorry for image spamming this thread. 

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Edited by Fishyfish
  • Like 11

34 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

I paint models. I'm trying to go pro.. This is why, aside from work, I have no time to play video games.

I landed 6th out of 240th with this sucker in a contest I entered earlier in the year. :3 

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Since when Imperial Guard Crew Members wear russian crew headphones? xD

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Since when Imperial Guard Crew Members wear russian crew headphones? xD

He's "Tank crew 1" from 1994, wearing the OG cadian tanker uniform from the time before the cadians looked like they were wearing a football uniform and from the time when the minis were made of metal with questionable lead content. 

Edited by Fishyfish
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

IMG_2634.JPG

Woow! Nice job! So much details. Love it!

I still have to learn to paint my other models. I have to learn to be more patient. 

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

With the amount of stuff they have to do makes me wonder if they are simply cramming everything in now, so they don't have to do it later.

Since not getting core mechanics done, early can have severe problems later on in the dev cycle.

Oh God I hope not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Oh God I hope not.

Too be fair, if they plan to release the campaign soon, they don't really have a choice, unless they want the game to fail really.

So this patch could take a lot longer then we originally thought, maybe December time.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Too be fair, if they plan to release the campaign soon, they don't really have a choice, unless they want the game to fail really.

So this patch could take a lot longer then we originally thought, maybe December time.

Aye and if it does release around December more people will be able to play it.

• Like 1

So, we know that they're adding ye' olde Quads but have they said anything about the mixed caliber Quads like the ones on the Pre-Dreadnought Virginia's and Kearsarge's? as even though in reality they were very ineffective, they would be a fun (and strange) addition to the game.

Edited by Worry_Rock
  • Like 2