Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

20 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

They could potentially manage this a little more elegant by throwing Derfflinger and Konig Parts for the ship designer at us to keep me a happy major for the next couple of months 😁

And a KGV hull. SOOO bloody close to being able to make miss monarch as the turrets are basically correct.

Dying to know what they are doing now lol, i think we might of given them too much to do and now they are actually trying to do all of it (which i respect massively).

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

And a KGV hull. SOOO bloody close to being able to make miss monarch as the turrets are basically correct.

Dying to know what they are doing now lol, i think we might of given them too much to do and now they are actually trying to do all of it (which i respect massively).

Yep a KGV would be awesome too! Although for me it would be a Princess Royal or Renown Battlecruiser as seen in WW1

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Yep a KGV would be awesome too! Although for me it would be a Princess Royal or Renown Battlecruiser as seen in WW1

I want a graf spee hull as well and similar turrets and queen lizzy, too be honest with me i just want every bloody hull in the game. But eh i can dream lol.

Dunno if we have a bayern hull, but if not gib.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I want a graf spee hull as well and similar turrets and queen lizzy, too be honest with me i just want every bloody hull in the game. But eh i can dream lol.

Dunno if we have a bayern hull, but if not gib.

Ieah, I really want Scharnhorst's turrets, I kinda like their look a lot more then Bismarck's turrets.

• Like 4

Ok I have a small annoyance with the way towers are set up in this game. So I want to build a Gangut-class BB but the way towers are set now I can't because you use towers from previous years. screen_1920x1080_2020-10-31_18-38-27.thumb.png.6927d84746dc6ce0ec7f21a7f65f53ce.png

The tower in the picture is the earlies tower you can have in 1915 but its to thick and has no space the funnel.

screen_1920x1080_2020-10-31_18-35-04.thumb.png.ab32e1f8b2bde10f6f25262a0d5c6f0d.pngNow look at this picture. This is the Gangut in the game menu screen. You can see it has the right tower but you can't use it in game. That annoys me so much because the other tower takes up so much space and the way the game limitations are right now its difficult to get everything right. I think the way they should do towers to resize tower size whatever hull your using and other thing is that you have list of towers with no stats (so you can pick the one you like) and when you click the tower you want it opens a menu of all the things you want a tower like torpedo detection ranges, ship spotting, repair party, etc, etc. This way you don't have to use the towers from the year your in, you can use tower from any year and just add what you want on it.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

I think the way they should do towers to resize tower size whatever hull your using and other thing is that you have list of towers with no stats (so you can pick the one you like) and when you click the tower you want it opens a menu of all the things you want a tower like torpedo detection ranges, ship spotting, repair party, etc, etc. This way you don't have to use the towers from the year your in, you can use tower from any year and just add what you want on it.

Generally speaking larger towers should have more attribute points to distribute, as they became heavier to support more fire-control equipment, but yes, this is a good idea. Just ties into the biggest source of frustration to me with the ship designer, which is that you often have to trade off stats for historically accurate looks or end up with an inbred monstrosity like the AI creates.

Pretty please let's allow some purely aesthetic choices once in a while?

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, SonicB said:

Generally speaking larger towers should have more attribute points to distribute, as they became heavier to support more fire-control equipment, but yes, this is a good idea. Just ties into the biggest source of frustration to me with the ship designer, which is that you often have to trade off stats for historically accurate looks or end up with an inbred monstrosity like the AI creates.

Pretty please let's allow some purely aesthetic choices once in a while?

Agreed and most of the super structure we have are big and unwieldy that it makes it hard for me to make different unique designs because SS shape and hardpoints is a massive restriction.

Edited by Tankaxe
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

You can see it has the right tower but you can't use it in game

Menu ships seems to be pre-modeled, not AI generated nor designer tool created either. HMS Dreadnought menu-model is different too. 

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 2