Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

6 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Probs never get to see more pre-dread hulls as well.

No doubt. I've mostly given up on that, despite calling for at the very least functional echelon turrets since last November. 

But eh, I don't even play this game anymore. It's sad really, but at least in my personal experience I spend more time looking in at the forum for update news than playing the current release. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

No doubt. I've mostly given up on that, despite calling for at the very least functional echelon turrets since last November. 

But eh, I don't even play this game anymore. It's sad really, but at least in my personal experience I spend more time looking in at the forum for update news than playing the current release. 

I played and beat the last mission last night the one with all the Russian DD's, but yeah I am really waiting for the next update before logging in some serious time :) 

6 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

I wanted the starting date to be 1875 so we can have HMS devastation and maybe some other early pre-dread prototypes as every pre-dread battleship followed HMS devastation design entirely. 

But we do need older designs as its pretty bare bones 1920 and below atm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

Likewise, especially after playing a couple of custom battles last week. Seeing a DD do a 180 turn in a length just longer than said DD, all while 2 of the engines and rudder are damaged <_<. Of course his maneuver gave a huge penalty to my accuracy, despite the fact he was spinning well inside my gun's dispersion ellipse.  Then there was the fact he had max bulkheads so he took 100+ more hits than the standard bulkhead DD I sunk in only a few hits. 

7 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

I wanted the starting date to be 1875 so we can have HMS devastation and maybe some other early pre-dread prototypes as every pre-dread battleship followed HMS devastation design entirely. 

But we do need older designs as its pretty bare bones 1920 and below atm.

I'd really like that, the Pre-Dreadnought era was my primary draw to the game. All the world war two content is pretty great and all but it just doesn't float my boat. Hey but if it works for others. 

I'll die on this hill but I really want those echelon turrets. Ships like the USS Maine, the USS Texas, the ARA Aquabada or ARA Riachuelo, or the HMS Colossus, HMS Ajax, HMS inflexable, HMS ect.. theres just something about the lines and looks of these warships. Edit: I'm forgetting my favorite, the chinese Dingyuan class made in Germany! 

Edited by Fishyfish
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

I'd really like that, the Pre-Dreadnought era was my primary draw to the game. All the world war two content is pretty great and all but it just doesn't float my boat. Hey but if it works for others. 

I'll die on this hill but I really want those echelon turrets. Ships like the USS Maine, the USS Texas, the ARA Aquabada or ARA Riachuelo, or the HMS Colossus, HMS Ajax, HMS inflexable, HMS ect.. theres just something about the lines and looks of these warships. Edit: I'm forgetting my favorite, the chinese Dingyuan class made in Germany! 

Neptune, Lord nelson, Centurion, st louis (I love texas's turret layout so unusual, but so nice too look at). HMS ocean, indiana, swiftsure, Riachuelo, HMS orlando, Yakumo, Nisshin SMS Blucher, Prinz Adalbert.

I know a lot of ships, but still i want too see hulls like those in the game at some point.

Along with queen lizzy, kongo, nagato, amagi, graf spee and many other ships as well.

I hope we get good mod support doe.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

Yeah. I mean, the last update was a couple of fixes two months ago and I can't even remember when 7 came out. Just been a little dry recently.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skyguy1944 said:

Yeah. I mean, the last update was a couple of fixes two months ago and I can't even remember when 7 came out. Just been a little dry recently.

I really liked the ironclad April fools update, but given how limited it is I've pretty much played that out as much as I can. Other than that I futzed around with some of the modern hulls but ran into that bug where you could chip an enemy warship down into fractional percentage health and never kill them and I really haven't played it since. 

• Like 3

If you're talking hills to die on...

TakaoSeaTrials.thumb.jpg.c6c50a448aa132499aac86438fc8018d.jpgMaya.thumb.jpg.46e751a03b621a436e7daff7bbc0d94a.jpgTakao.thumb.jpg.6b282ac26b483e125dd12262d9748973.jpg

There's a joke here - Japanese 'A'-class (i.e. in excess of 7,000 tons prior to 30 May 1931) cruisers were named for mountains.

It's funny.

Laugh.

Edited by Shiki
  • Like 5

On 10/29/2020 at 8:47 PM, Fishyfish said:

Sad but some truth to it. I would like to play it more but currently it is still a litte too limited for me.

I think rather than adding hundreds of hulls it would be good to allow much more freedom to designing ships and break up these “modules” into smaller pieces to combine them differently. And add more option - ahh 

Ah well - let’s see 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ye, i think alpha 4 or 3 was similar as well.

Well, I wasn't part of the forum during Alpha 3 and 4 so I didn't experience how the hype was back then. But I checked these old topics (Alpha 3 and 4 news) and I found one similarity between Alpha 6 and 9 that didn't occure during 3th and 4th Alpha: At one point people started to just post memes into the ,,news'' topic. Which I think is typical solely to these two ,,news'' topics.

By the way: When I look to the past at the ,,Alpha-6 wait'' it seems really funny that we were impatient because of 6-days wait.

• Like 1