Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

17 hours ago, SonicB said:

Just an issue I brought up a while ago that makes sense to post here since the British (quad turrets) are coming.

Any plans to group the aiming of main and secondary batteries by calibre alone, not by calibre + turret type + turret location? Building a KGV-type arrangement with these new turrets will be nerfed significantly if the single twin turret has separate targeting to the double quad turrets.

Even the whole point of a uniform main battery in Dreadnought herself is faulty because the game requires centreline and side 12" turrets to aim separately.

Plus you can't even get 330mm's or higher on dreadnought for wing turrets so your forced to use 305's until they fix the problem with that.

• Like 1

With the French Quads I wanted to ask if like in real life they would be separated into multiple compartments? because in real life they were less like the British Quads that were one turret and more like two Twins tied together. This most famously worked at Mers-El-Kebir, where one of the roofs of Dunkerque's Quad turrets was penetrated by a 381mm shell that killed the entire gun crew on that side of the turret, but the two on the other side were undamaged and continued to operate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marko Dash said:

That would make sense though wouldn't it? 305mm guns were what Dreadnought had...

Yeah, I'm not aware of any completed dreadnought designs with greater than 12"/305mm off the centreline, presumably for weight reasons. When the RN (which had preferred wing turrets to superfiring) moved to 13.5" with the Orions they also chose an all-centreline superfiring layout.

That said, assuming the model physically fits, it would be nice to allow 13" or even 14" turrets just so we have the option to make that tradeoff.

3 hours ago, Marko Dash said:

That would make sense though wouldn't it? 305mm guns were what Dreadnought had...

Not for a game based on alt-history and also a designer clearly based on making your own ship. Not mention not every nation had HMS dreadnought as their mainstay BB at the time either.

Otherwise get rid of the higher caliber guns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Makes me wonder if we will see the patch till 16th of november too be honest.

Probs never get to see more pre-dread hulls as well.

I hope we will see more of them. And I also hope that we will see some late ironclad models as beginner ships. At least I hope so.

I can't wait for this update, and I hope that we will receive it in the first week of november.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonicB said:

'Close' only counts with horseshoes, hand grenades and heavy naval artillery.

I wonder if we can get different shell types like the japanese had on that was made to damage ships below the waterline even if it was a near miss? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aceituna said:

It seems like Devs are interpreting the word ,,close'' kind of extraordinarily.

It’s more likely re-works forced out more re-works, if not then there been a disaster! We’ll know what's what when and if they add more notes to the update.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1

Just now, Bluishdoor76 said:

It is, you can see several more and one unexpected one in their video about the new ships and changes to naval economy and research.

Damm, Game labs needs to hurry up den lol. Since im sure the release of the new patch will give peeps quite a bit of content to play with until alpha 10.

• Like 3

I just saw this announcement. OMG

Well, the devs must do something, they have to hurry up a little bit. Because if the battleships will be implemented into War Thunder, than lots of players will play that game, and sadly everybody will forget about everything else (hope not tho)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Marshall99 said:

I just saw this announcement. OMG

Well, the devs must do something, they have to hurry up a little bit. Because if the battleships will be implemented into War Thunder, than lots of players will play that game, and sadly everybody will forget about everything else (hope not tho)

True, and since i have a new gaming pc, i will want to try and get those ships. Especially now that the economy isn't so dumb.

Although i suspect the PVP will send me back ragin anyways lol.

• Like 3

Just now, Cptbarney said:

True, and since i have a new gaming pc, i will want to try and get those ships. Especially now that the economy isn't so dumb.

Although i suspect the PVP will send me back ragin anyways lol.

Naval is definitely not as rage inducing as tanks imo, but yeah it'll still be a PvP game mode. But with the model quality of War Thunder, its definitely worth it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Naval is definitely not as rage inducing as tanks imo, but yeah it'll still be a PvP game mode. But with the model quality of War Thunder, its definitely worth it.

Ye, I need to learn how to do UV's better so my textures look nicer. Ill have to learn how to do it properly on the next ship i do. Along with maybe doing it in blender as well, as my license for substance won't last forever.