Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

3 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Anyways shush. Lets just start the prediction game again, since we don't have anything better to do.

I say last week of October as i got clapped in my previous prediction, probs will in this one as well.

I also reckon the campaign won't arrive till like march next year maybe april.

As before, last Friday of November. Possibly the last Friday of December. Perhaps even the last Friday of January next year. The point is, I'm not holding out for it dropping any time soon.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shiki said:

As before, last Friday of November. Possibly the last Friday of December. Perhaps even the last Friday of January next year. The point is, I'm not holding out for it dropping any time soon.

Thats like 10 trillion years from now doe :/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

well they better hurry, cause now at least for me, they have a time limit before my attention goes else where

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmMvGqzvmXM

War Thunder just dropped a teaser, a rarity from them, and one of the things in it is Battleships

Oh? But the grind doe. Takes forevah.

Took me ages just to get the T-14 armata in aw. still stuck on the tiger 2 in warthunder.

• Like 1

Just now, Cptbarney said:

Took me ages just to get the T-14 armata in aw. still stuck on the tiger 2 in warthunder.

I know, specially the naval side, but screw it, I've been waiting for the big boys to arrive ever since Naval was announced and they are finally here. I'm ready to spend ungodly amounts of money to get them :P

• Like 3

Just now, Bluishdoor76 said:

I know, specially the naval side, but screw it, I've been waiting for the big boys to arrive ever since Naval was announced and they are finally here. I'm ready to spend ungodly amounts of money to get them :P

Too be fair i didn;t see any BB's unless those ships that barely appeared in the mist were them. They might be Supercruisers or Battlecruisers doe.

Don't think i can be arsed with grinding in warpunder again. Although i might try, might get me back into eve or runescape.

1 minute ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

"we will never add anything bigger than a destroyer". add's in Spee then so many heavies hahah.

Too be fair i didn;t see any BB's unless those ships that barely appeared in the mist were them. They might be Supercruisers or Battlecruisers doe.

Don't think i can be arsed with grinding in warpunder again. Although i might try, might get me back into eve or runescape.

Some players did some digging into the few frames we got, and were able to somewhat identify the ships shown. From what they found it goes...

Nassau, Gangut, Dante Alighieri, Kawachi, and the third one still somewhat unknown but is predicted to be Dreadnought

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TotalRampage said:

"we will never add anything bigger than a destroyer". add's in Spee then so many heavies hahah.

The backlash was too severe that it would of been their biggest mistake yet to stick to that. And props to them, they have actually worked towards bringing the heavier ships in.

Some players did some digging into the few frames we got, and were able to somewhat identify the ships shown. From what they found it goes...

Nassau, Gangut, Dante Alighieri, Kawachi, and the third one still somewhat unknown but is predicted to be Dreadnought

Ahh! But, i wonder where they will fit them in. Only thing that interests me in that game is naval and some tanks, planes aren't really my thing but props are fun doe.

Heard there are missiles on some ships already :/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ahh! But, i wonder where they will fit them in. Only thing that interests me in that game is naval and some tanks, planes aren't really my thing but props are fun doe.

Heard there are missiles on some ships already 😕

Probably after cruiser, with their BRs starting at around 4.0 or something like that, below where Graf Spee and the WW2 cruisers are.

I started playing War Thunder way back when it was still just about planes, now a days I am mostly a tanker at high tiers and every now and then play naval.

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 1

Probably after cruiser, with their BRs starting at around 4.0 or something like that, below where Graf Spee and the WW2 cruisers are.

oof, i'd put them at 3.5 or 3.7 4.0 sounds dodgy when they can face br 5 ships.

oof, i'd put them at 3.5 or 3.7 4.0 sounds dodgy when they can face br 5 ships.

yeah, they're still battleships and with their gun caliber and amount of secondaries, specially on Gangut, so putting them too low would just massacre the torpedo boats, and lightly armored frigates.

yeah, they're still battleships and with their gun caliber and amount of secondaries, specially on Gangut, so putting them too low would just massacre the torpedo boats, and lightly armored frigates.

How accurate are the secondaries on ships in warthunder anyways?

2 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

How accurate are the secondaries on ships in warthunder anyways?

Pretty lethal depending on how much experience you put towards secondaries gunnery. Works similar to bomber gunners iirc, and bomber gunners at max experience can easily snipe the pilot of a fighter with in a few seconds if the fighter pilot player is not careful.

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Pretty lethal depending on how much experience you put towards secondaries gunnery. Works similar to bomber gunners iirc, and bomber gunners at max experience can easily snipe the pilot of a fighter with in a few seconds if the fighter pilot player is not careful.

Oh roight, thought it would be like weegee were they have a fit everytime they fire the gun.

Also B.R 4.0 might be fine most of the cruisers don't go above 152mm;s i assumed some 8 inch and bigger ships existed down there.

I would love to see queen lizzy and kgv doe or even some more unknown ships. what is gaijin like with non-historical stuff?

21 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Armored Warfare? Last time I played AW it took me maybe a month to get Tier X MBT by playing PvE ( PvE is best feature in AW #ChangeMyMind )

• Like 2

Just now, HusariuS said:

Armored Warfare? Last time I played AW it took me maybe a month to get Tier X MBT by playing PvE ( PvE is best feature in AW #ChangeMyMind )

Yeah, i know just got the T-14 armata close to getting the leopard 2AX. The game is still pretty mediocore and frustrating many bugs ive experienced since 2016 are still there which is pretty bad, just lootbox fap atm.

Also the new raid mission is terrible four camos for four tier 10 vehicles (two mbt's leclerc and xm1a3 and two other vehicles), Glops is also boring as hell, they got rid of the unique maps and just rehashed existing maps, they've released like 4 maps in four years lol probs a few more but i never see them.

PVP is f*cking godawful avoid it at all costs, glops is somehow better but only somewhat (no more neutral forces, voice overs or backstories for multiple characters anymore you just get two commanders, one that tells you why they are here and the other mister iS a StROnG lEadER tHaT iNSpIreS cOuRAgE iN aLl wHO sERvE hIM).

Semi-rant over lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh roight, thought it would be like weegee were they have a fit everytime they fire the gun.

Also B.R 4.0 might be fine most of the cruisers don't go above 152mm;s i assumed some 8 inch and bigger ships existed down there.

I would love to see queen lizzy and kgv doe or even some more unknown ships. what is gaijin like with non-historical stuff?

They are strict but not opposed to adding prototypes, only reason Tiger 2 105, Panther 2, and Coelian which were mostly just paper and never built, were added so Germany would have something more then just 2 tanks at top tier. But mostly only prototypes that were built are added to the game and mainly as premium vehicles or event rewards. Main tech tree stuff will usually be entered into full production and into service or went through extensive testing but just didnt make it into full production.

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 1

They are strict but not opposed to adding prototypes, only reason Tiger 2 105, Panther 2, and Coelian which were mostly just paper and never built, were added so Germany would have something more then just 2 tanks at top tier. But mostly only prototypes that were built are added to the game and mainly as premium vehicles or event rewards. Main tech tree stuff will usually be fully entered into full production and into service or went through extensive testing but just didnt make it into full production.

Eww, ffs so no monarch, republique or Super yammy as tech tree ships? I like full production stuff, but i find the less well known designs much more interesting.

Also some weegee ships i would love too see in warthunder, because of graphics and actual useable secondaries and AA.

7 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Eww, ffs so no monarch, republique or Super yammy as tech tree ships? I like full production stuff, but i find the less well known designs much more interesting.

Also some weegee ships i would love too see in warthunder, because of graphics and actual useable secondaries and AA.

Yeah probably not, if they follow the same system as planes and tanks. But for naval they might break that rule for battleships as Russia would end with very few BBs, same with Germany, so Sovietsky Soyus and H-class will probably be added to the tech trees to fill spots. Same could happen to France, Italy and maybe Japan though I doubt it

Issues with the UK, US and Japan having prototype stuff is that they have a fairly large selection of battleships that were fully built so it wouldnt require digging into prototypes and paper designs to fill spots.

AA is gonna become such an issue for aircraft in WT, cause cruiser and destroyers are already somewhat difficult to do a run on because of their AA. God forbid something like Bismarck, Iowa, Yamato, or a hello kittying Republique lol

Oh and something i did forget to mention, War Thunder has manual control of secondaries and AA, so if you dont trust your ai to do well, prolly cause it has low experience, you can take control of the secondaries and AA and do it yourself.

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 10:17 AM, TotalRampage said:

Which might not be historically accurate because maybe it's more cost effective for you to build torpedo boats and charge them into an enemy BB. You might lose 80% of them but when they cost so little in the campaign it could make it a viable tactic.

Well, that is pretty much the French line of thinking under the Jeune École (young school) of thinking. May not worked out, but it was the line of think France was going in in what would be the early game of the campaign.

3 minutes ago, Bry7x7x7 said:

Well, that is pretty much the French line of thinking under the Jeune École (young school) of thinking. May not worked out, but it was the line of think France was going in in what would be the early game of the campaign.

The french were a weird bunch, we don't talk about the, they even put 8" guns on a submarine :3