Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

6 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

let b real here

if no reward not single person spend time plant single flag

why not testing be reward?

and if no reward in pvp, players make no pvp... why not make pvp with no reward?

well, we need to talk all of us like adults. It is normal a reward system in a game, like is in real life when you try to do something with effort.

And it is obvious that a guy that  have placed 300 flags on ports, is making much more effort in testing that the guy that only placed 3.

Edited by Despe
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Despe said:

and if no reward in pvp, players make no pvp... why not make pvp with no reward?

well, we need to talk all of us like adults. It is normal a reward system in a game, like is in real life when you try to do something with effort.

And it is obvious that a guy that  have placed 300 flags on ports, is making much more effort in testing that the guy that only placed 3.

but he already had 100 admiralty/wooden chest. Is that not enough?

16 hours ago, admin said:

2 players fulfilled the request

z4ys- Sank most flag carriers
njordhir - Sank most flag carriers
All other participants had less kills than these 2 players.

Fort commanders also participated
Cabo Rojo Tower 1 - 3 kills

Battlezone also helped to test
Battle zone - 2 kills 

Rewards will be sent into redeems for these players tomorrow.
Fort commander and battle zone declined the request to contact them.

Thank you :)

9 hours ago, Serk said:

but he already had 100 admiralty/wooden chest. Is that not enough?

i dont know, it is a question that the admins can answer, not me. For me it is simple, if one player ask in forums for a reward on something is a bussines between that player and devs. I dont like other players here get into matters that don't concern them

However, the wood table shows a great diversity and this is the most important point. I'm happy that the new woods do not result in super woods, but bring more diversity into shipbuilding. So I really look forwand to test new combinations.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:16 PM, Cathal Brugha said:

Seems like the devs just think putting some gimmicky thing in the game will help in tease players, instead of addressing any of the concerns that have been brought to them numerous times.

tease ? to do what ?

...a week ago it was lo(s) /wo(s), a few days ago it was locust(s)/african teak, 2 days ago it was losust (s) /teak(s) as no african is available, today locust(s) is out again...

so what should I be teased to grind...err play for next ?

14 hours ago, TPS Report said:

So which nation are we supposed to plant an alt into to get the best wood?  Asking for a friend.

Lol only place the news woods pop people put contract at 50 k unity and stuck everyone for buy so i think no need alt for That ;) 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:28 PM, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

But the question remains, why should the admin reward those actively using alts to gain an unfair advantage over others?

Who said he used alts?  He did nothing that several players in a clan working together could of done.  Ya'll need to stop looking at accounts as alts. Instead look at them as another player that bought the game.   6 players can do exactly what I can do with my 6 alts if they just work together.  Actually they can do more cause I don't even play one (still rank 2 and only got that from sailing all over the place).  I only play with 2 my crafter and my main combat char most the time.  A third is in the same nation that I use for econ.  I have one still in US (Sir Texas Sir account) that I don't do anything with and I have a Pirate for when I just don't feel like being social with folks (hint why I don't tell any one who it is, even clan mates).    So instead of me being spread all over the place 6 players organized can get a hell lot more done than I can in game.

By way did the honest math a while back and it comes up to I have supported this game so far with about 1200 dollars as most of the 5 chars have majority of the DLCs (except newest ships) up to the level they could fight in before release.    So while you spent what 20-100 bucks to support this game and it's development I spent 10 times as much.   Seems like I'm more of a valued player than the solo guy that might buy a DLC or two?

Which in my mind means supporters like myself should actually be maybe rewarded for how much time and money we have invested into this game.  Main account has over 9K hours, my other alts have around 3-4K hours how many do you have?  You have 86 post, how many do I have?   Not trying to pick on you but the point is a lot of us that have multi acocunts have been around a very long time and spent a lot of time testing and playing this game.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Which in my mind means supporters like myself should actually be maybe rewarded for how much time and money we have invested into this game.  Main account has over 9K hours, my other alts have around 3-4K hours how many do you have?  You have 86 post, how many do I have?   Not trying to pick on you but the point is a lot of us that have multi acocunts have been around a very long time and spent a lot of time testing and playing this game.   

It may just be the P2W stigma that gives people a negative view of alts.
People see it as a barrier to entry when the economy is dictated by one person with 10 copies.
Just like you found the need to buy multiple copies to compete with those who did.

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

It may just be the P2W stigma that gives people a negative view of alts.
People see it as a barrier to entry when the economy is dictated by one person with 10 copies.
Just like you found the need to buy multiple copies to compete with those who did.

And I was more joking about the reward part as playing is our reward.   Actually we bought multi copies to compete with waring with two nations on PvP2 that refused to fight each other (US and GB).   Remember how I always said ya'll where only fighting 15-20 players in BLACK.  Honestly you where really only fighting 15-20 guys.  Most of us would come to battles playing two accounts to make our 25 for port battles.   When it drop down to 10-15 we had a harder time and eventually just burned out.   Than again back than you could actually run that many chars and do econ and afford it (The Old CompWood and Tabbaco get rich runs).   Now a days unless you honestly don't have any life at all it's poiintless to have that many or more.   That is why I only play with three.  I also do it cause I don't like depending on others to get things and build.   So I do it all myself.....hint why I always compare myself to a small organize clan of 5 -6 guys.   Cause they can do exactly what I do.

Oh and back than I wasn't working so I had tons of time to be online.  Now a days I hardly get an hour or two a night.   

And it's still now P2W cause I have to actually play the chars and do things with them.  If it was just an instant push a button and I get every thing than I would understand, but with alt accounts you have to actuallly play those chars.  When I played I would have multi accounts up on one or two screens.  Hell I don't know how Lenin does how many he does....lol   Than again I have played Naval Action on one screen and played another game in another screen before too.   Normally something Turn based or can be paused incase my ship gets tagged.  Trade runs can be very boring when your going half way across the map.

@admin You write you have add more doubloons in specialized fleets, but why is it that Elite ships only drops like 100-200 doubloons ? and the drop rate for navy guns and blomefields has also decreased a lot. Is this a bug or something that went wrong in the coding ? 

Just wondering, because I have attacked maybe 5 elite ships during this week and no got anything that 500 doubloons in total and obusier

• Like 3

4 hours ago, [DNMF] Admiral Gerding said:

@admin You write you have add more doubloons in specialized fleets, but why is it that Elite ships only drops like 100-200 doubloons ? and the drop rate for navy guns and blomefields has also decreased a lot. Is this a bug or something that went wrong in the coding ? 

Just wondering, because I have attacked maybe 5 elite ships during this week and no got anything that 500 doubloons in total and obusier

Had a similar experience. But would like to add if there are adjustments being made to elite AI loot; would it not be reasonable to make all Elite AI drop Elite loot? It makes so little sense to me that only the lead ship drops elite loot. All the ships in a fleet are elite so why do they drop normal loot? It's not like the lead ship is even guaranteed to drop something good, a lot of the time it's barely even worth trying. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Never said:

Had a similar experience. But would like to add if there are adjustments being made to elite AI loot; would it not be reasonable to make all Elite AI drop Elite loot? It makes so little sense to me that only the lead ship drops elite loot. All the ships in a fleet are elite so why do they drop normal loot? It's not like the lead ship is even guaranteed to drop something good, a lot of the time it's barely even worth trying. 

Without exact numbers of chance % it's hard to say. I got the last days several elites with good loot.

1 hour ago, mikawa said:

Without exact numbers of chance % it's hard to say. I got the last days several elites with good loot.

The point is to say, every elite should drop some decent loot and lessen the RNG factor slightly. Considering even some elite guns are almost worthless. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:16 PM, Anolytic said:

Any reward for whoever ( 🙄 ) tested the most conquest flags? 

Good question

This is a leaderboard for those who placed more than 40 conquest flags

1. Silver Trail - 
  2. The Admiralty - 
  3. Clerk - 
  4. Anolytic - 
  5. Aquillas - 

These captains have received a unique reward as well.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Sad to read a review like that from a new player.

I propose to make a "letter or marquee" from Admiralty which pops out the first time a completely new player logs in.

The letter contains some warm welcoming words to the brave new captain together with basic information that

• he is meant to sail in basic cutter for now
  • he can gain reputation and rewards by doing exams
  • he can't sail line ships for now
  • he can't do the turorials twice

and so on ..........

Edited by mikawa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Sad to read a review like that from a new player.

Confusion is still part of the initial experience.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198326264850/recommended/311310/

Don't you get 250 crew when you complete the tutorial? Do you have to finish the master exam for that or not? I can't remember.