Game-Labs Forum

Confusion at Trinidad

Macjimm

I honestly don't understand why a person would play a historical game and then try to change it to suit their current political affiliations. This is fantasy and we can play as whoever we choose but we do not need 216 Country choices. Pick from the historical choices and enjoy from there. Do not ruin what has already been working well for years.

Amazingly, without knowing exactly what is really planned, concerns are already being raised. The interesting thing is that the reasons for these concerns have a historical background.
I don't remember such concerns when the original historical distribution of ports on the map was deleted.
Now we have an unhistorical setting and now there are problems because with the Chinese another nation is to come who never had possessions in the Caribbean. For real?

Or are you just afraid that the number of players could double and 50% speak Chinese here and sweep the old nations off the map?

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Gefäll dir dir deine gehört? Ernsthaft?

Already forgotten the times when there were only 500 people online? Why shouldn't players from other nations do the game good?
And the devs don't care which country their income comes from.

P.S. And our pvplers don't care who controls the ship that they are sinking.

Edited by Georg Fromm

I don't care what nation is controlling the ships either. For all I know the British ship next to me could have a Chinese controller. Who cares that is not my concern. My concern is we do not need more nations on the map. I am not racist or Nationalist either. My nation is not represented so I chose another to play as. Why can't anyone else do the same. We do not need a Chinese nation or any other nation added to the game in order to play this game. Choose a flag and play under it. The point is it isn't real life guys. Do not need our real life Flags in the game to have fun. 

4 minutes ago, Artagnu Pedrugn said:

Es ist mir auch egal, welche Nation die Schiffe kontrolliert. Soweit ich weiß, könnte das britische Schiff neben mir einen chinesischen Controller haben. Wen interessiert das, ist nicht mein Anliegen. Ich mache mir Sorgen, dass wir keine weiteren Nationen auf der Karte brauchen. Ich bin auch nicht rassistisch oder nationalistisch. Meine Nation ist nicht vertreten, deshalb habe ich eine andere ausgewählt, als die ich spielen möchte. Warum kann niemand anderes das Gleiche tun? Wir brauchen keine chinesische Nation oder eine andere Nation, die dem Spiel hinzugefügt wurde, um dieses Spiel zu spielen. Wähle eine Flagge und spiele darunter. Der Punkt ist, dass es keine echten Leute sind. Benötigen Sie nicht unsere echten Flaggen im Spiel, um Spaß zu haben. 

I also cannot understand this concern with too many nations. Real life ingame (?) already ensures that some nations are simply no longer played and players go to other nations (see Poland)

6 minutes ago, Artagnu Pedrugn said:

I don't care what nation is controlling the ships either. For all I know the British ship next to me could have a Chinese controller. Who cares that is not my concern. My concern is we do not need more nations on the map. I am not racist or Nationalist either. My nation is not represented so I chose another to play as. Why can't anyone else do the same. We do not need a Chinese nation or any other nation added to the game in order to play this game. Choose a flag and play under it. The point is it isn't real life guys. Do not need our real life Flags in the game to have fun. 

Devs need cash income thus they need China. Easy.

1 hour ago, Georg Fromm said:

Already forgotten the times when there were only 500 people online?

PvE Peace Server has today the peak of player numbers ever since I joined. All without having to attract (new) weird nations out of place and time. I really suggest another server with a South Chinese Sea map is the better solution. I may even create a character there (additonally). But it won't be a Chinese one.

So what if we extend the map a little bit?

in the north we extend up to Nova Scotia (Halifax) and in the east at Trinidad we extend to french Guiana (cayenne) then we have some space more for other nations in game. anyway it would not raise the population on the server (that's for sure).

or, we add some more national flags to the game. means you can start for instance on the British side but you sail a Chinese ensign (war flag) on your ship (British flag on top mast as nation flag). i think that would make the people also happy here. and i think it would be the better way to make some other nations player happy here.

and it would also allow to bring in more flags and correct streamers into the game, what also is a wish here. 

• Like 1