Game-Labs Forum

A date with Diana: Event

admin

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

That happens when community votes for late launch date ships / best of their class. You end up with ships that outperform the early ones.

Implacable is better but hidden behind a rare permit keeping.

afaik no one voted the redoutable to be a dlc, no one voted the rattvisan to be a dlc, no one voted the hercules and the requin to be a dlc. However, all of these ships in common was/is if not the best at least the second best ship for their usage.

We had the Herc/Requin shallow meta for how long until they finally redid their BR and added Surprise/Reno for shallow water?

They didnt screw over the 4th rates other then you can redeem the ships with seasoned woods, whats the point redeeming them with seasoned woods if all you want is fast action because that was the main reason ship DLC's were added.

Then there is the obvious Redoutable, i typed that the Redoutable is the second best in its class where Implacable outperforms it IF its seasoned woods.

IMO you should have to play the game to get the best possible ship, just not by purchasing it and redeeming it with the best possible stats.

You cant blame the community for everything @z4ys its actually not us that press the last button to update the server, which you can also see in the tons of suggestions and feedback section.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

That happens when community votes for late launch date ships / best of their class. You end up with ships that outperform the early ones.

Implacable is better but hidden behind a rare permit keeping.

Noblesse oblige. Those with the final say have necessarily a duty to see beyond the short term wishes of those who, by their nature, cannot or will not see the full cost of what they want. The demands of a small but vocal minority, e.g. forum posters like yourself, should not be ascribed the blame for actions taken by the developers. The decision was not yours. The exact knowledge of which ship would outperform the other was not yours. 

9 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

This weekend we will run a short event called "A Date with Diana" based on some awesome ideas provided on the forum. 

Several Diana patrols (with some other rare ships) will cruise around a central location on the map. Ships will be capturable + will sometimes drop additional notes for the ship. 

Some changes will be also deployed on permits (finally). We will add full patch notes to this topic tomorrow. 

ps. A date or The date?

Will this be "normal" Dianae or "elite" Dianae (asking because they drop notes) or a mix of both ?

PS: pls add a few wooden chests to their loot  :)

Edited by Jan van Santen

8 hours ago, woodenfish said:

A date with...would suggest it would happen again. The date with...  would suggest more a one off event.

The Date

The capital 'D' makes it a pronoun, means it's this one specific event. 

I like "A date" better though. Sounds less formal, more fun and seducing.

Edited by Yar987

@z4ys SS taken from ram dinarks stream post port battle. This isnt rocket science that people would sail the better ship that is obtainable a click away over the inferior ship that has cannons that wont penetrate even a heavy frigate

Excibit A: Count how many different classed 3rd rated you find other then other then redoutable and the single implacable in there.

Excibit B: The Bucentaure in that battle were port battle Bucentaures, better stats then implacable and same !!BR!!

image.thumb.png.e441ca08e9db866246acf84910ef82d8.png

19 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I think the idea is more about frigates having lost most of their purpose outside shallow patrols when Redoutables&+ are everywhere & gank groups in snow are better as cheap disposable do it all ship.

So making such beautifull but "meh" frigates so rare is difficult to understand. They will mostly end taking dust as dock queens.

Ok for the event, but give us admiralty notes/ permits too ! 

i think you are absolutely right about that 

at a moment in time when there was nothing much to whine about, some  did whine about the diana,,,, and the zerg who had also not much to whine about at that time ,...whined with them......

so admin believed everybody wanted the diana vessel. 

but it turned out to be... a dev trap . and now we are stuck with a event called diana

because there are players who think the diana is  a lottery ticket  for everybody to win the war.

i do not have the space... and never asked for it. and i do not see the purpose of that ship vessel, except its eating development time and therefore other ships arrive late.....

"" but better late than never"" 

Il l'aime, mais il n'y voit pas l'intérêt.

Edited by Thonys

16 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i think you are absolutely right about that 

at a moment in time when there was nothing much to whine about, some  did whine about the diana,,,, and the zerg who had also not much to whine about at that time ,...whined with them......

so admin believed everybody wanted the diana vessel. 

but it turned out to be... a dev trap . and now we are stuck with a event called diana

because there are player who think the diana is  a lottery ticket  for everybody to win the war.

Lol, what?

22 hours ago, admin said:

Captains!

A Date with Diana event started!

zyLlHRG.jpg

Diana frigate and Santa Cecilia frigate will sail in 3 locations in the Caribbean

• South Antilles - French and Dutch ships
  • West of Tumbado - area between Cuba and Tumbado. Spanish and British ships
  • South of Hispaniola. Pirates and Danish ships

Ships will sometimes drop the note for the vessel as loot. If you don't get it on first try dong get discouraged.
Additional rare ship was also added to the south of Hispaniola. 

Event will run for this weekend and several days during weekday next week. Nations might get changed based on the nearest ports depending on initial feedback.

Additional changes

Rare flag Kronstadt Flag was added to the admiralty stores of Russian Empire and Pirate Republic. 

why not make them neutral so all can attack everywhere ?

As is, Id have to sail a few hrs to get to the next non-pirate area. For a 5th rate inferior to my Endymion (PvE server) ? Not sure if this event is worth that. 

12 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

why not make them neutral so all can attack everywhere ?

As is, Id have to sail a few hrs to get to the next non-pirate area. For a 5th rate inferior to my Endymion (PvE server) ? Not sure if this event is worth that. 

It`s disgusting 

everybody now dates diana ........bah..

Can i have a date with another girl ? 

justy a girl ...for me!

17 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

I don't , still asking myself is it worth it 

waiting for some "hands on" reports :)

i have heard she has a wooden teeth and not a golden one. (the French kiss/ and only speaks french)

and does not do the silly walk....like some oceans do. :)

Edited by Thonys

3 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

this sounds like you want the infamous Leopard......

nope..only one in particular (enigma)

besides, i am ugly and need to be the..... only one                                                                                                                              :)

Edited by Thonys

23 hours ago, admin said:

Additional changes

Rare flag Kronstadt Rebellion Flag was added to the admiralty stores of Russian Empire and Pirate Republic. 

image.png.f341c2b94a0774ec0f15b977c88a961b.png

I suppose this flag will be popular from Russian speaking players.

Do not like that two nation will have the same flag

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

we had a "De Ruyter" sighting in PvE chat....guess what ? Pirate .... i repeat: why not make them all neutral ?

Yeah...now i need to learn a French kiss (whatever that may be)

23 minutes ago, qw569😳 said:

image.png.f341c2b94a0774ec0f15b977c88a961b.png

Это жирный троллинг? Флаг с надписью "Смерть Буржуям" стоит 100 000 дублонов?

GT: Is it fat trolling? Flag with the words "Death to the Bourgeois" worth 100,000 doubloons?

Edited by Yettie

Diana note weights 500. You have to throw away everything in order  to pick it up with Trinco. Would be nice to be able to date Diana and pick up note with smaller ships too.

Edited by Borch
  • Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 1:35 PM, admin said:

Additional changes

Rare flag Kronstadt Rebellion Flag was added to the admiralty stores of Russian Empire and Pirate Republic. 

Any news regarding the player flags collection?

On 3/5/2020 at 1:35 PM, admin said:

Captains!

A Date with Diana event started!

zyLlHRG.jpg

Solo Diana frigate and Santa Cecilia frigate will sail in 3 locations in the Caribbean.

• South Antilles, North of Trinidad - French and Dutch ships
  • West of Tumbado - area between Cuba and Tumbado. Spanish and British ships
  • South of Hispaniola. Pirates and Danish ships

Ships will sometimes drop the note for the vessel as loot. If you don't get it on first try dong get discouraged.
Additional rare ship was also added to the south of Hispaniola. 

Event will run for this weekend and several days during weekday next week (From 6th March until 11th March next week). Ship nationality might get changed based on the nearest ports depending on initial feedback by players.

Additional changes

Pirate nation in south hispaniola , for pirate player means we have only 50% of the Admiral de ruyter/diana/santa available , maybe make in this area more nation spawn?

• Like 1