Game-Labs Forum

NPC Port Battles Explained. War server and Peace server information

49 minutes ago, Saryk said:

So are we going to talk about the fact that everyone is getting a raid tomorrow for "testing" purposes ?

The same raids that are supposed to happen on weekends ? Only on the 3 biggest nations ?

FFS Polish-Lithuanians are getting raided... they own 4 ports...
Prussians raid is on a thursday at 4:30... 

🤦‍♂️

Are you out of your minds ? Have you thought for a second about what you were doing ?

the NPC port battles?

they are not supposed to "take" the port at this time.

EDIT: if you mean Raids mechanic then any port that has a mission to be raided can be raided.

there are no Negatives to the port owner at this time.

if you don't want to attack the raiders, then don't, if you want to, then wait for them to leave the mission and jump them - capture the trade ship with the cargo and enjoy the reward.

Edited by Teutonic

The Raiders are supposed to hit the most valuable ports of the top 3 nations.

So I ask how is it that Puerto del Padre getting hit in this test when it had no investments finished at all at the time the raid was posted so could not be one of the top producing ports of the Pirate nation.

I understand this is a test but if I was a raiding fleet I'd be hitting something with a hell of a lot more value with 16 plus lineships.

Most clans like ours in any nation would never field many 1sts. We prefer to sail small to medium ships by choice. 

It  will be interesting to see how many ports fall after the week of probes end and the real raids start.

Yes nations can band together but with the server pop low I doubt it will for many of the raids to come.

It is a great idea long waited on but I see major tweaks coming soon.

Also the raids are to be scheduled on a weekend but the test is tomorrow mid week. I'll likely still be asleep but hopefully a few members and others will give it   a shot and see how it is supposed to work.

Ferrus

As a footnote.   I think the number of ai raids should be raised to 5 or 6 per weekends. Here is why.

If a nation controls half of the ports on the map then they control many regional hubs and generally do well financially. Raiders would want a part of this so would hit them more often percentage wise so they would get 3 hits and the rest of the map the other 3 divided on percentages. the smallest weakest would not get hit.

If the nations owned almost an equal number each then the ai hits would spread across all nations.

As it is small nations and those with fewer ports are going to be hit proportionally harder than one with many ports and hubs. If the smaller nation loses its only hub for shipbuilding it is screwed if they cannot get it back.  Larger ones will have backups so they keep producing and also more likely will take the port back.

The raiding fleets are far too large. Why would a national fleet of  first rates hit a small regional port. They would not. 

A small fleet of a few small to med fast ships would raid the port and run away. It is unlikely several 1st rates would be there. If this is not changed it could destroy the port structure and small nations who are struggling already. Some ports with full forts and towers up may be justification for some first rates but most ports do not. 

You could use the point rating on the ports to scale the size and type of the raiding fleets.  If at lower end have one circle to be capped for the 1k points. A med sized two circles and a large top notch fortified port 3 circles to be capped.

This would give the smaller sized nations and lesser sized ports a better chance for a good reasonable fight and defense.

I hope that it gets adjusted in the weeks after it goes live.

Thanks for reading the footnotes :)

Edited by Ferrus Pugnum
additional thoughts on the raids and corrextion

On 9/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, RubyRose said:

u dont seem to realize whats at stake here.
1. your risking what remains of the player population on a major update.
2. if this backfires the game wont have many players left to salvage it.

3. loss of larger ports especially to large nations like RUS, GB, Dutch it will likely force players to quit. could easily loose hundreds of players to this.

4. why arent the smaller nations being targeted this type of feature should put every nation at risk not just the large nations,

5. these raid should abide by the game mechanics which include the frontline system.
6. why not just turn war server into a pve server with a pvp flag system. thats basicly what ur turning it into.

during this time now only 239 players online most 200/300 players during the day not deducting alts . there isn't many to quit

Peurto del Padre got hit by an AI raid this morning. Talk about overkill for a secondary 25pt port.

The fleet consisted of 20 Victorys' and I think 4 indiamen.  There were two fleets. The first attacked quite a distance off shore from the north in a box formation with the indiamen in the middle protected.   The second fleet approached from the north west and was mainly victorys.

We had about 8 ships there and only 1 1st rate to see how it was going to work.    We knew it was a test and wanted to see it in action.

The fleets kept formation and reserved fire until you got very close. They made a direct sail to the circle which for padre is actually outside the harbour.

Since We did not have the Br to match the fleet once the first two ships entered the circle it was over in less than a minute.

The BR was 16600 to 3900. due to the 10 minute timer to enter the raid.  We had ships outside that could not enter the raid because of the timer had closed it.

The fleets need to be scaled to the importance of the port, Regional Hub vs secondary port,  high point port ie 55 vs 25.

I suggest as I previously posted here that to make it even out across the map the Devs should consider this.

Add up the total investment points for the map, I am sure they know it.  Subtract the current invested points from that and use that number to figure out the nations with the highest investment percentage for that week or day.  Then split up raids based on the percentages to those nations.

In addition if it is a regional port a larger fleet should hit it if fully invested. if not then it should be reduced.

A secondary port with a very low investment or no investment should not get hit by first rates but by frigates perhaps to reflect the lack of importance of the ports.

This would make it much more reasonable across the map.

The raids area good idea but the implementation in the test shows it needs a lot of work still.

Edited by Ferrus Pugnum
correction
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ferrus Pugnum said:

The fleets need to be scaled to the importance of the port, Regional Hub vs secondary port,  high point port ie 55 vs 25.

Thanks for write up

The importance of the port is determined by the amount invested in it. The current test NPCs attack all ports. Once the safety will be removed - they will only attack very rich ports of top 3 nations. Those nations will be able to field large fleets to try to defend the port.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

Thanks for write up

The importance of the port is determined by the amount invested in it. The current test NPCs attack all ports. Once the safety will be removed - they will only attack very rich ports of top 3 nations. Those nations will be able to field large fleets to try to defend the port.

I would like to add one thing.

If what @Ferrus Pugnum says to be true about the NPC fleets - they had higher BR than what the port normally allows?

Also - if the battle becomes over once the AI fleet gets to the "first" circle. That seems like it will end too quickly...

The indiamen are there to collect loot from your port in the raid.  If killed no looting happens but if they succeed in capping the port you will lose the port regardless.  If we had the ships there we could have intercepted them out to sea from the port.  When the raid started it showed 24 attackers but they loaded in over a few minutes and were set up in two large fleets about a 5 to 10 min sail off shore.

So it is important as noted in the dev note not to join at the dock. join at the entrance to your port out as far as you can in force to intercept the fleets before the hit any circle. They did not need to cap all 3 only get into all three just one and run the points up. And it goes fast if not contested.

Edited by Ferrus Pugnum
correction

Hallo liebe Mitspieler, hallo Entwickler,

ich bin auf dem WAR-Server, nicht um  PVE zu machen. Der WAR-Server wird immer mehr zum PVE-Server (Leveln der Schiffe umständlich, langwierig, langweilig) - jetzt kommen auch noch NPC-Portbattles hinzu. Und warum?

Viele gute Ideen/ Ansätze wurden verworfen. Erinnern möchte ich nur an das Setzen der Flaggen für Portbattles - da war eine ganze Nation gefordert!! Da mussten nur kleine Fehler noch beseitigt werden. Erinnern möchte ich an das gut funktionierende Allianz-System! Auch in Ermangelung eines Balance-Systems wird leider immer mehr zu Aktionen mit NPCs gegriffen, was den WAR-Server ad absurdum führt. Ich bin ehrlich gesagt entsetzt über die Entwicklung dieses tollen Spiels - aber da kann die Grafik noch so toll sein, wenn die Spielidee unterentwickelt ist. Bitte - liebe Entwickler, geht in euch und nehmt endlich die Ideen, Vorschläge und Wünsche der gesamten Community ernst! Ich meine damit nicht das Heulen einzelner Spieler "Helden", auf die bisher gehört wurde, sondern auf die Erfahrung der gesamten Spielerschaft. Macht bitte endlich den PVP-Server zu einem wahren - ausbalancierten PVP-Server! Danke!

Jakob Kettler

Hello dear players, hello developers,

I'm on the WAR server, not PVE. The WAR server is becoming more and more the PVE server (leveling the ships awkward, tedious, boring) - now there are also NPC port battles added. And why?

Many good ideas / approaches were rejected. I just want to remember the flag flags for Portbattles - there was a whole nation demanded !! Since only small errors had to be eliminated. I would like to remind everyone of the well-functioning alliance system! Even in the absence of a balance system is unfortunately more and more resorted to actions with NPCs, which leads the WAR server ad absurdum. To be honest, I am appalled by the development of this great game - but the graphics can be so great when the game idea is underdeveloped. Please - dear developers, enter into you and finally take the ideas, suggestions and wishes of the entire community seriously! I'm not referring to the howl of individual players "heroes" heard so far, but to the experience of the entire team. Please make the PVP server a true - balanced PVP server! Thanks!

Jakob Kettler
  • Like 5

@Jakob.Kettler The "War" server is not a PVP server. This "PVP server" name was abandoned months ago. You can consider that the "Peace Server" is a PVE only server. The "War Server" is not a PVP server. I made the same error too, resulting in several boring evenings. PVE activities are more and more mandatory on this server.

Simple and clear for me: I am obliged to resign myself to playing the play style Developers decided for us. Maybe,  I'll find some fun in PVE?

Edited by Aquillas
Resignation
  • Like 1

Hallo Aquillas,

1.) In früheren Versionen stand direkt da: PVP-Server und PVE-Server, die Namen wurden später eingeführt!
2.) Mittlerweile sind mehr NPC-Aktionen als Spieleraktionen, das steht wohl fest. Ein Blick auf die Portbattle-Liste genügt. 

Hello Aquillas,

1.) In earlier versions was right there: PVP server and PVE server, the names were introduced later!
2.) There are now more NPC actions than player actions, that's for sure. A look at the Portbattle list is enough.

Jakob Kettler

• Like 1

I am curious when you get your way and there is no ship leveling, or building, or trading, or grinding, and all aspects of PvE are dead and all the filthly carebears are driven off like the plague ridden vermin they are.... what will the 50 or so of you that will be left do?  Because I dare say you'll not actually fight each other, no you'll sit and lament about how the game is dead there is no seals to club no action to be had (read noobs to gank) and quit... the devs know this, and it is why the PvP server will never be solely PvP.. they tried that with legends and it failed.  Like it or not admit it or not... you need the carebears to have someone to kill because the universal truth to all pvp'rs in sandbox games is you cannot and will not fight anyone else.  Its why your here... if you wanted actual pvp with other pvp people in a balanced manner you would play a lobby based pvp game like legends was.  So you'll pardon my lack of compassion for your lamentations on the addition of more PvE content designed to draw in more players for you to club to death and drive off in the name of "hardcore pvp"

• Like 1

I can't judge anything about the NPC raids on War server. But this topic says: NPC Port battles explained. War Srerver and peace server information. 

Nearly all i see is exclusive war server information. how will the peace server npc raids will turn out? same as pvp ones? the statement about the raids is underneath PvP not PvE.

• Like 1

PvE Peace Server:

SHORT REMINDER

Small nations - Poland, Russia, Prussia, even Danes, Swedes and maybe Dutch - are currently de facto EXCLUDED from conquering any neutral ports for themselves.

Why?

They can't field sufficient forces due to low player numbers (need certain rank, ships, and availability in time window). Because devs, against repeated hints by players who anticipated this, did not enable international alliances on this server, so clans from larger nations could help those nations in need of ships. Server is all about cooperation between players, right? So implement this tool for equalizing chances for everyone! Else, on the long run, you will see just the mistakes of PvP war server repeated on PvE peace server, and that is accumulation of players in one, two larger nations and the rest will dwindle away into obscurity.

We found out at least hostilities can be done internationally, as they are OW battles like any others. But port battles are not. Tested and found obstructed.

Please enable international cooperation in port battles.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

SHORT REMINDER

Small nations - Poland, Russia, Prussia, even Danes, Swedes and maybe Dutch - are currently de facto EXCLUDED from conquering any neutral ports for themselves.

Why?

They can't field sufficient forces due to low player numbers (need certain rank, ships, and availability in time window). 

I am not OK, i same for all nation. If you see the french nation, we have fleep la desirade with 4 players. Is a organisation problem and i think is same for many country. 

I am not ok for the international cooperation. Not forget is new situation for PVE server, let time for the players to appreciate that, wait little before judge.

One single solution: motivation, communication and organisation

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brontes said:

I am not OK, i same for all nation. If you see the french nation, we have fleep la desirade with 4 players. Is a organisation problem and i think is same for many country. 

I am not ok for the international cooperation. Not forget is new situation for PVE server, let time for the players to appreciate that, wait little before judge.

One single solution: motivation, communication and organisation

How many opponents did you have in this battle? And do you think that will not change?

But what worries me even more, at some point, or even quite quickly, all the attractive ports are give away. For the late coming remains then only unattractive ports, ... on the bermudas maybe. There will not be so much motivation to invest tons of effort and doubloons in such a port

From my point of view is it a big mistake here to enforce the principle "who comes first, has it". Please not on the PVE-server, where you can do nothing, if the port once taken from the AI-nation.

it would on the PVE-server much better if the investment rights of one clan, or nation, not block that of another

Edited by Holm Hansen

7 minutes ago, Holm Hansen said:

How many opponents did you have in this battle? And do you think that will not change?

But what worries me even more, at some point, or even quite quickly, all the attractive ports are give away. For the late coming remains then only unattractive ports, ... on the bermudas maybe

For the opponant for attack PB is 6 5rate for little port and 6 first rate for capitale

Dont panic, the port possession will change little by little ;) new opportonity regulary, IA attack regulary.... The opportinity will come for all :)

24 minutes ago, Brontes said:

For the opponant for attack PB is 6 5rate for little port and 6 first rate for capitale

Dont panic, the port possession will change little by little ;) new opportonity regulary, IA attack regulary.... The opportinity will come for all :)

this opportunity could already be there, if it were not regulated by port ownership but by investment rights, which, if necessary, all clans can earn at the same time for the same port.

You would not have to wait that a clan lose a port.

Edited by Holm Hansen