Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Barberouge

Final poll  

856 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite ship

• Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette)
    • Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate)
    • Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)
    • Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)
    • USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)
    • HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)
    • USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)
    • Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)
    • HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)
    • Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship)
    • Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)
    • Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

The only problem with this is that all of the ships have gone up.  There isn't a lot of people changing ship votes.  All of a sudden in one week the Indy has doubled in points, almost tripled, over taking everything.

Indie was always up there as it was on the vote previous stop the conspiracy BS

• Like 2

Trouble with that explanation is that since 1/28 votes on every ship have still gone up. None have gone down to account for the Indy more than doubling her total in that span.

Edit: Prater beat me to this conclusion..

We had 250,000 forum visits in Jan. Honestly the number of votes is rather low. We dont see any evidence for manupulation. Remember its the fellow captains you are talking about. they are just like you. Hardcore fans.

• Like 3

We had 250,000 forum visits in Jan. Honestly the number of votes is rather low. We dont see any evidence for manupulation. Remember its the fellow captains you are talking about. they are just like you. Hardcore fans.

Please visit the Tribunal. We have our bad eggs :)

A Captain cannot vote with out registering. A review the last 69 votes, looking for obvious made up emails associated with the account will confirm or reject fraud at the polls.

Half those hits are mine (125,000).

With all due respect, the amount of visits to the forums is of little consequence in case of a poll. Most people here are worried about a large batch of new registrations, which then proceeded to cast their vote for the HMS Indefatigable.

So, the interesting question is: how many newly created accounts since 28 January and how many of those voted on this poll.

Maybe even more interesting, how many newly registered members have voted, but not otherwise participated on the forums.

We're not saying that the poll is manipulated, we're just saying that the numbers look suspicious.

high regards,

Brigand

Edit: another method of stopping this discussion is to simply close the poll and announce the two winners and the two wildcard choices.

Edited by Brigand

I have no bias as the Dannebroge went out in round 1 (unfortunately).

It is curious that a ship can go up 120% if votes in 1 week. Over one third of all new votes to a single ship.

Note that existing ships have not gone down in votes, so that hypothesis does not hold true. image001_zpsq1egmysg.png

Woohoo amazon +43% i know you can do it !

She is gonna come from behind and overtake all !

Looks like somebody really wants to see the indy ingame otherwise he wouldn t take the effort to create 50 fake accounts :(

I think the poll should be redone because it seems to be really messy and we - or the developers should find a way to get a fair poll !

There has been a new influx of people since the Paypal issue, correct? It may be odd that most new people voted for one ship, but odder things have happened. It may just be a coincidence, not a conspiracy.  If there were any accusations to be made, I'd look at Wetworth for stuffing the box for USS Niagara  :P

Edit: Are the devs above bribery? How much $$$ we talkin' to get Niagara in game? 

• Like 1

Did some searching in the members list.

Since January 28 2015:

• 501 new members have registered for the forums;
  • 64 new members made more than 1 post;
  • 67 new members made 1 post only;
  • 371 new members have a post count of 0.

With these numbers, anything is possible.

Now I'm a decent person and I do not want to ruin it for everybody, but I was tempted to write a script myself to register another 500 new members and have all the votes go to the least popular one, just to see if the reactions on the forums devil.png. But, nooo, I'm going to behave myself.

Cheers,

Brigand

Indie was always up there as it was on the vote previous stop the conspiracy BS

Rafael, stop following me around from topic to topic and trolling me.  I am but one person who is suspicious, and a lot of respectable people are suspicious as well and have posted more about it than me.  Go bother them, or do you just have a problem with me?  I didn't start it, and I haven't ended it.

Rafael, stop following me around from topic to topic and trolling me.  I am but one person who is suspicious, and a lot of respectable people are suspicious as well and have posted more about it than me.  Go bother them, or do you just have a problem with me?  I didn't start it, and I haven't ended it.

Haha sorry mate not intentionally targeting you but you do seem to have a following so I guess i had been addressing the key Voice.

I would be more in favour of bringing the thread to a close and introducing both of the ships into the game. Obviously it is a tad odd how the numbers have skyrocketed (voted for the Agamemnon so not involved with the other ships) however that is now obviously becoming a focus as this debate is growing and I think that people's time and the games betterment should be invested elsewhere. Both ships shall play a role and if people are manipulating voting figures (only the individuals will know if true of course) then you are undermining your roles as testers. Let us get back on topic, bring both of the ships into the game and close the poll.

There has been a new influx of people since the Paypal issue, correct? It may be odd that most new people voted for one ship, but odder things have happened. It may just be a coincidence, not a conspiracy.  If there were any accusations to be made, I'd look at Wetworth for stuffing the box for USS Niagara  :P

Edit: Are the devs above bribery? How much $$$ we talkin' to get Niagara in game? 

That's just NOT funny!

Did some searching in the members list.

Since January 28 2015:

• 501 new members have registered for the forums;
  • 64 new members made more than 1 post;
  • 67 new members made 1 post only;
  • 371 new members have a post count of 0.

With these numbers, anything is possible.

Now I'm a decent person and I do not want to ruin it for everybody, but I was tempted to write a script myself to register another 500 new members and have all the votes go to the least popular one, just to see if the reactions on the forums devil.png. But, nooo, I'm going to behave myself.

Cheers,

Brigand

Now that's interesting.

It's hard to manipulate we don't see any spikes in registrations.

It seems that people didn't get this. "It's hard to manipulate we don't see any spikes in registrations"

It doesn't rule out one person doing it but it makes it a lot less likely. I can believe someone would sit one evening and create a couple dozen new accounts but I can't believe that they took the time and effort to space the registrations apart so that it couldn't be detected.

There have been a few recent posts (http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3563-hms-indefatigable-lets-see-a-razee/) about Indie from players wanting to see it included and it featured heavily in a popular youtubers video recently too. It's not at all beyond the realms of possibility that it's due to the game reaching a more general audience and Indie being a popular ship.

If the poll was to end now it should be the Indie and Amsterdam (which has been ahead of the rattlesnake from the start). Otherwise what was the point in the poll to begin with...

I can't remember, is this one of the forums you have to sign in for to view? That could explain a lot of people signing up but not posting. I have dozens of forums accounts out there with zero posts. Or, someone is stuffing the ballot box. Or a third thing.