Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Barberouge

Final poll  

856 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite ship

• Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette)
    • Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate)
    • Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)
    • Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)
    • USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)
    • HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)
    • USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)
    • Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)
    • HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)
    • Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship)
    • Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)
    • Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

So, I have to chose between merchant and a ship that was so badly designed that it had to be half-destroyed to make it useful made famous by a TV (and book) series, where it was represented by a 20 gun thing built in 1996 in Turkey.

And then there is a ship that was actually good and interesting.

Rattlesnake all the way (since Tem is out of the fight)...

So, I have to chose between merchant and a ship that was so badly designed that it had to be half-destroyed to make it useful made famous by a TV (and book) series, where it was represented by a 20 gun thing built in 1996 in Turkey.

And then there is a ship that was actually good and interesting.

Rattlesnake all the way (since Tem is out of the fight)...

yes sir, I initially voted snake as well, but seeing as it was 3rd place already, I recast it in favor of Amsterdam. The enemy of your enemy...

I am asking the good lords and captains who have voted for The Agemennon,why do you toture me.2 votes is whats separating us.The Wasa was a far more beautiful ship and more elegant in every way possible and its not British.It was shallower on the draft so you could do coastal operations with her and she holds her own in a line battle.So what you have here is a fourth rate that COULD be a smuggler and line ship and have the ability to go to places where other line ships(*erhem*like the quite fat:Agemennon *erhem*) cannot go.Whats not to love about it?

I voted for the Wasa from Temeraire.

Maybe because the Ardent class was a very stable gun platform and out of the 7 ships build three had an actually distinguished career. I mean there seems to be nothing about the Wasa. It was used in a war against Russia but I can’t find details and then it was sold and bought back… that’s rather unspectacular to be honest.

And I disagree about the looks…

Anyway the advantage of the top three voted ships seems to be solid. Since Indefatigable is a razzed Ardent class ship I hope the wild card goes to either the Ocean-class or Téméraire-class.

The Ocean-class would be a nice gab filler between Santisima and Victory while the Téméraire is just simple the most build SoL ever. Not having that would be like having a WW2 flight simulator without a BF109: Unthinkable.

• Like 1

You can hate Indefatigable, you can love Indefatigable, but you should not just make stuff up about her!  There was NOTHING wrong with her design, the ONLY reason she was razeed was because the British Admiralty feared a 64 would make no match for the newly designed French 74's.  She then went on as a frigate with an absolutely illustrious career!

yes sir, I initially voted snake as well, but seeing as it was 3rd place already, I recast it in favor of Amsterdam. The enemy of your enemy...

Well, it'll stay in third place if people keep switching votes from it!  Repair your conscience and vote again for the right ship, my good sir, and for the right reasons!!

You can hate Indefatigable, you can love Indefatigable, but you should not just make stuff up about her!  There was NOTHING wrong with her design, the ONLY reason she was razeed was because the British Admiralty feared a 64 would make no match for the newly designed French 74's.  She then went on as a frigate with an absolutely illustrious career!

Actually there were quite a few things wrong with her, most of which Pellew was able to fix with a little re-rigging and ingenuity, but the biggest problem it had was mast placement, and that never got fixed.