Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Barberouge

Final poll  

856 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite ship

• Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette)
    • Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate)
    • Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)
    • Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)
    • USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)
    • HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)
    • USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)
    • Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)
    • HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)
    • Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship)
    • Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)
    • Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

Changed my vote from Agamemnon to Indefatigable.

Would have liked to see Agamemnon since like I said in the suggestion thread I think as 64 gun SoL it probably would have ended up as a rather easily maintainable SoL for the not so invested players to go to line fights on top of looking very Napoleonic era ship like, unlike the Ingermanland.

But since the distance between her and the top choice is considerable there is little chance for it making it.

The Rattlesnake is interesting but in the end I would like a ship more geared towards midgame to endgame to make it since well I would get more use out of it quite frankly.

I can’t get excited about an East Indiaman, it’s a freighter and I’m not a trade person.

Out of the three top voted ships I certainly like Indefatigable the most. It had a very distinguished career, looks very Napoleonic era like due its origin in the Ardent class and would be the right size for midgame in transition to end game as the other heavy frigates. Not to mention I dig Hornblower.

• Like 1

Changed my vote from Agamemnon to Indefatigable.

Would have liked to see Agamemnon since like I said in the suggestion thread I think as 64 gun SoL it probably would have ended up as a rather easily maintainable SoL for the not so invested players to go to line fights on top of looking very Napoleonic era ship like, unlike the Ingermanland.

But since the distance between her and the top choice is considerable there is little chance for it making it.

The Rattlesnake is interesting but in the end I would like a ship more geared towards midgame to endgame to make it since well I would get more use out of it quite frankly.

I can’t get excited about an East Indiaman, it’s a freighter and I’m not a trade person.

Out of the three top voted ships I certainly like Indefatigable the most. It had a very distinguished career, looks very Napoleonic era like due its origin in the Ardent class and would be the right size for midgame in transition to end game as the other heavy frigates. Not to mention I dig Hornblower.

My question to you is...what is "endgame" in a sandbox like NA is shapeing up to be? Just general curiosity.

Voted for the Amsterdam. Part due to bias towards the Dutch, the other part Indiamen :)

I'm relieved to hear the devs will use the Chapman plans if it is selected!

Having also visited the Scheepvaartmuseum in Amsterdam, I have to agree with others posters that the way it's built is a shame... In sheer contrast with the gorgeous scale models and oil paintings inside the museum building.

If you're in the Netherlands and want to visit a gorgeous replica go visit the Batavia instead: http://www.bataviawerf.nl/the-batavia.html

Gorgeous ship but it falls outside the game's time period (1628).

Edit: They're currently working on a replica of the Zeven Provincien there but not sure what the progress of that is of late.

My question to you is...what is "endgame" in a sandbox like NA is shapeing up to be? Just general curiosity.

Clan battles, so much desire for the bigger stuff which is understandable as thats where clans take the game seriously. Hopefully the developers can make the little ships feel more useful in the open world.

Clan battles, so much desire for the bigger stuff which is understandable as thats where clans take the game seriously. Hopefully the developers can make the little ships feel more useful in the open world.

I think smaller ships will have their advantages like being easier to repair, maintain and being nimble. Also losing a smaller ship is not as big of a deal, or as big of a loss as losing a ship of the line. Having smaller ships and producing smaller ships also means more of them at a cheaper cost. That means a clan can using smaller ships can work together and use their numbers as an advantage to take down "bigger" ships. I think Pirate lovers will also be happy using these smaller vessels.I also read a few posts talking about the future of ships, like upgrades, changing cannons, the quality and quantity of cannons on a ship etc.. If the devs do add this it means more customization and making your smaller cheaper ship have better performance or stats that suite your play style. All ships have their pros and cons, I hope the devs keep all ships historically accurate and I'm confident they know what to do!  :)

Sandbox or not you will end up with a rather linear power progression in regards to the ships within a ship class.

So I’m pretty sure we will end up with starter ships then the clever compromises of costs vs. whatever the ships are supposed to do and at the other end of the spectrum the very expensive, hard to get or difficult to upkeep best ships of their respective classes.

Ultimately most people will spend most of their time in the “clever compromise of costs vs. whatever the ship is supposed to do” category.

As for what endgame is well… let’s make it an example.

Do you consider caring a few tons in a Shooner from port to port in close proximity to land to be your goal as a merchantman or shipping several hundred tons across the ocean in an East Indiaman?

Don’t get me wrong. It may very well make sense to do the Shooner trip since it is faster and maybe you just need a few special goods but wouldn’t you consider the Indiaman trip to be more like the pinnacle of the trade?

• Like 1

Voted for the Amsterdam not for the reason im from Holland but the ship itself is beautiful build been at both of them. I cannit whayt till they finish the seven provincien flagship that is beeying build in the shipyard in Lelystad. I Voted for it because most developers leth the dutch out of games while we played a big role in the naval warfare and trade.

;) goed gezegd (That why i voted for the amsterdam to :)

we are talking about this wasa from 1778 my friend

post-818-0-62389500-1420319933.jpg

Changed my vote from Temeraire to Wasa

I couldent help it, as the ship looks very sexy.And it looks alot like my Centurion (Centurion's still better though *hint**hint*)

DONT VOTE FOR THE AGEMENNON-it looks like a bloated whale.

• Like 1

Please select the Independence! It is a powerful razee which would be very maneuverable but with the hull integrity of a second rate. The broadside weight would be insane for a frigate. Historically this ship was very successful!

agreed, and that look, those straight lines, not very common, neat look. it has my vote

I've seen a lot of internet polls and have been keeping a close eye on this one. Polls can be manipulated of course, and the chances of it happening increases if there is something to be gained from doing so.

They rattlesnake has been in the lead from the beginning, until last week the HMS Indefatigable suddenly started to close the gap.

I've a strong suspicion that somebody is manipulating the votes to get what they want. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the votes for the HMS Indefatigable came from either new accounts or accounts with a very low post count otherwise.

Just my two cents,

Brigand

Snagged this from the Russian forum

Вести с подзабытого чемпионата кораблей.

Прошло 483 тура (голосов)

В первом раунде было 423

Главное сегодняшнее событие - Кристиан наш Седьмой догнал

идущего на третьем месте Indefatigable

Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun indiaman) - 95

2 Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette) - 82

3-4 HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 64-gun ship) - 58 

3-4 Christian VII (1767, Danish 90-gun ship) - 58

Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship) - 36

HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship) - 35

7-8 USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun ship) - 31

7-8 Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship) - 31

Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship) - 25

10 USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun frigate) - 13

11 Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate) - 12

12 Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate) - 7

Впринципе, победители известны уже сейчас

I've seen a lot of internet polls and have been keeping a close eye on this one. Polls can be manipulated of course, and the chances of it happening increases if there is something to be gained from doing so.

They rattlesnake has been in the lead from the beginning, until last week the HMS Indefatigable suddenly started to close the gap.

I've a strong suspicion that somebody is manipulating the votes to get what they want. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the votes for the HMS Indefatigable came from either new accounts or accounts with a very low post count otherwise.

Just my two cents,

Brigand

It is hard to ignore even with the understanding that the HMS indefatigable is a popular ship. Unusual for 13 votes to suddenly go to HMS indefatigable in a day