Game-Labs Forum

Patch 31: Port investments, new hostility and preparation for release

admin

3 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

and then RVR stops cause target nation lose its players due to lost resource port....and you will play alone in a 30 player server...again...

RVR stops anyway when 1 nation has all the good ports.  It’s been dead on this server for months once GB took everything back.  

• Like 1

Just now, Severus Snape said:

RVR stops anyway when 1 nation has all the good ports.  It’s been dead on this server for months once GB took everything back.  

Well new system at least is faster. In 2 weeks is already dead with the new Alphadog.

We can stop bothering of RvR until next wipe, right? having obviously not tested frontlines nor different ways to feature it.

Seems like frontline is for nothing in it, neither exploits, but this patch can already be considered a failure if it was an attempt to generate & motivate RvR.

There is still no disadvantage in competing in the most populated or RvR oriented nation, only advantages. Britain is the first, Russia the second, give me an argument for not joining one or the other and not one more than the other ? appart player's goodwill ? I know it's not new but i was expecting something to solve that and create more dynamism in RvR.

Even with potential access to all the investments & woods, the economy is still driven by number of active players, be it ressource extraction or combat medals farming.

Right now we can see that if the release happens soon, past the map painting phase vs neutral ports, RvR will be dead in a month and server population will drop hard.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

2 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

... What would be my motivation to do any serious RvR now that I am able to hold all the rare woods, resources, and reals in a single region and have a two or three ports for PvP? ...

Salt and tears of course.

Edited by Capitalism

If frontlines was fixed and a wipe was applied, I could see a very slow start-up.  RVR of the larger ports needs bigger ships and that wouldn't be possible until a reasonably sized population can man those larger ships.  It would be very challenging to get there and that might be fun for a lot of players.  Unfortunately, I don't believe frontlines can exist with hostility dropping from free ports. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If frontlines was fixed and a wipe was applied, I could see a very slow start-up.  RVR of the larger ports needs bigger ships and that wouldn't be possible until a reasonably sized population can man those larger ships.  It would be very challenging to get there and that might be fun for a lot of players.  Unfortunately, I don't believe frontlines can exist with hostility dropping from free ports. 

I can if only one surrounding Regional Capital is available from FPs and we are required to cap at least 2 ports in each region. 

11 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

At this point I'd be happy to see an end to RvR entirely.  It has never worked, usually been exploited, and always disappointed.  Increase the number of national ports to a substantial percentage, and leave the rest neutral. 

Sounds like the PvE server is for you!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

Sounds like the PvE server is for you!

The bots are bad boring opponents, and we enjoy friendly fair competition.  Unfortunately there is no Friendly Competition server, just the Gimped Bot Server and the Trolling LOLmeme Server. 

3 hours ago, Oli Garchy said:

Have you looked at the shipyard yet?  3 million reals and 50k doubloons for a level 3 shipyard.

they need to pump up the reals from battle or something.  I hardly get enough to pay my repairs (which is normally half the cost of my mission rewards).  Not every one wants to do delivery missions to make money.

• Like 1

Yes, I noticed the price of a Shipyard skyrocketed after last night's update.  I now need to do some hard grafting as a delivery boy to amass the required Reals and Doubloons despite having, what would have been previously, a modestly healthy bank balance.  PvE or PvP just ain't going to be efficient enough!

2 hours ago, Admiral Isy said:

As a new player I've just been locked out of crafting. Was this intended?

You are not the new player. Your understanding in royal chartered companies show that you know that mines and industry was very expensive 

On 7/20/2016 at 4:27 AM, Admiral Isy said:

Perhaps it's inappropriate for the 'theme lore' Naval Action is trying to adopt, but here's a suggestion:

Company.

As in the British East India Company which, according to Wikipedia "received a Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth on 31 December 1600https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_India_Company

Or the Virginia Company that was a combination of the London Company and Plymouth Company chartered on 10 April 1606 by James I. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Company

While historically accurate, this may not reflect the "role" that Naval Action developers want their customers to play. What do you think?

This dramatic increase of prices for buildings, mines and other plantations is not only pushing out of the game independent players and small clans (😂we all know that we do not need them😂), it is once again transforming this game in a second job, even less funny and immersive than the one I have irl.

When will we get a fun providing patch? As per today, for playing Naval Action, I am obliged to hire a Commercial Manager and two assistants. 

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

This dramatic increase of prices for buildings, mines and other plantations is not only pushing out of the game independent players and small clans (😂we all know that we do not need them😂), it is once again transforming this game in a second job, even less funny and immersive than the one I have irl.

When will we get a fun providing patch? As per today, for playing Naval Action, I am obliged to hire a Commercial Manager and two assistants. 

Overall income situation is getting rebalanced as well and will be deployed next week. But in general it was not ok when a lvl 3 shipyard allowing building of carriers of that time (1st rates) could be built after just doing 2-3 delivery missions (90000 reals cost). 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

This dramatic increase of prices for buildings, mines and other plantations is not only pushing out of the game independent players and small clans (we all know that we do not need them), it is onxe again transforming this game in a second job, less funny and immersive than the one I have irl.

When will we get a fun providing patch? As per today, for playing Naval Action, I'll be obliged to hire a Commercial Manager and two assistants. 

Even for big clan the price is totally hello kitty up! 

If 5 mine need to open inside the clan is more than 5 millions that we need it’s no more a  affordable price!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Overall income situation is getting rebalanced as well and will be deployed next week. But in general it was not ok when a lvl 3 shipyard allowing building of carriers of that time (1st rates) could be built after just doing 2-3 delivery missions (90000 reals cost). 

i agree, that people expect to be able to craft the highest tiered ships in 1 day of playing doesent make sense. Headquarters and main base is a thing when what you own there is actually expensive

Again something that enforce the notion of joining the most populated nations to have a chance to get everything faster (if not simply getting it at all).

I understand this can be required to prevent everyone sailing in 1st rate after 2 weeks after release, but as long as ressources production is only limited by population number, nothing will prevent the whole server to join efforts in one faction and get 1st rates after 1 week.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 2