Game-Labs Forum

Patch 31: Port investments, new hostility and preparation for release

admin

Here's an idea devs: what if after a port battle the hostility missions for the adjacent county capitals appear right then, but have a 8hr cool-down timer. That way the next county capital is first available to a different timezone. 

When coupled with a Saturday release, this would give everyone a fair shot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

Here's an idea devs: what if after a port battle the hostility missions for the adjacent county capitals appear right then, but have a 8hr cool-down timer. That way the next county capital is first available to a different timezone. 

When coupled with a Saturday release, this would give everyone a fair shot.

i have a better idea. 1 eu server and 1 us server at release

or as i wrote in suggestions, just suspend front line mechanis for a couple of days as its just a post wipe problem. Everyone can take missions for every capitol anywhere for a few days and settle where ever they want, then back to current mechanics.

No bottle neck, no problem, still mechanics in place. 

17 minutes ago, no one said:

Another rant... no solutions... just insults and average ones at that...

This patch is barely 2 full days old and you pronounce judgement. 

You’ve hardly played in 5 months and you pronounce judgement. 

You don’t follow your own advice and research others earlier posts before pronouncing judgement.

DLC is a good thing. The Devs only promised a very few ships in the beginning. They’ve way more than over delivered on that promise!!! And you still complain. There’s NOTHING wrong with them getting paid. I feel they’ve earned and deserve it. I will always support the devs financially when given the opportunity... they’ve earned it. DLC don’t break the game. They do give the casual a better incentive to sail out and engage when they otherwise might think twice before risking their precious crafted meta ship they’re saving for a PB.

The only negative to the economy in my view are these artificial controls and restrictions on ship building (permits and such) that strangle the small nations, clans and solos. Lift the restrictions and economy will boom. More ships being built will lead to more ships being sunk. More PvP is a bad thing?? More ships built and put up for sale hurts the economy how?? 

I have no problem with rare woods being rare.... give the big clans something to fight over other than hurt feelings. As a solo crafter who is limited in what woods I can use, I still have no... zero... 0 problems selling the ships I craft. I build what sells and price competitively. 

The poor noobs in the game??? Let them watch YouTube. There’s plenty of content to aid the new player and I’ve yet to see a noob in game not get help when they ask in the chat. Now there’s tips/training/and tutorials that fast track them up the rank tree to where they wanna be faster. They are actively recruited by clans. The poor noobs??

I like the current PB rules. I also liked the flag system too, it was fun. I like that you have to campaign across the map! I’m sure it will need a tweak or two but that’s what we’re here for... to help test new things out?

Oh... right... you’ve barely played these last 5 months... so basically no one is no help to the game??? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diceman said:

Ok let's make one thing clear here. If you want to talk with other players and debate ideas and opinions, doesn't matter how different our opinions can be i will always respect you, now if you want to make silly comments and behave like an idiot i will always treat you like an idiot. No problem, you choose the way it is going to be.

If you had read and understand what i said , and understanding what the others are saying is real important, you would know that, what i said it wasn't about the new patch in particular , but instead about general balancing problems that are affecting the game for a long time.

Good excuse you have for not listening to different opinions.

You don’t follow your own advice and research others earlier posts before pronouncing judgement.

If you failed to understand, it was you , not me , that went to make a comment about other 2 players conversation.

DLC is a good thing. The Devs only promised a very few ships in the beginning. They’ve way more than over delivered on that promise!!! And you still complain.

The devs promised to deliver a broken unbalance game? If that is the case, my bad you are right.

There’s NOTHING wrong with them getting paid. I feel they’ve earned and deserve it. I will always support the devs financially when given the opportunity... they’ve earned it.

I never said anything about that so i don't understand this part in your comment. ( part 1 )

DLC don’t break the game. They do give the casual a better incentive to sail out and engage when they otherwise might think twice before risking their precious crafted meta ship they’re saving for a PB.

Don't break the game? The game is already broken for a long time. 😆

The only negative to the economy in my view are these artificial controls and restrictions on ship building (permits and such) that strangle the small nations, clans and solos. Lift the restrictions and economy will boom. More ships being built will lead to more ships being sunk.

You need to understand one thing. There is a big difference in testing new mechanics in the economy to see how it works and the other thing is to hello kitty the economy to all the players to promote DLC  ships sales. A similar thing was made last year when the Requin and Hercules arrived to the game. In that time we didn't have the economy problem we have now, so what the devs decided to do is to release this ships in a complete broken OP status in game to promote the sales and destroyed the game balanced. Never forget that game labs is a business and needs to make money , and i don't have any problems with that. I will spend more money if i think it is fair and will help the devs to make a better game, however what we saw it was exactly the opposite.

More PvP is a bad thing?? More ships built and put up for sale hurts the economy how?? 

I never said anything about that so i don't understand this part in your comment. ( part 2 )

I have no problem with rare woods being rare.... give the big clans something to fight over other than hurt feelings. As a solo crafter who is limited in what woods I can use, I still have no... zero... 0 problems selling the ships I craft. I build what sells and price competitively. 

Maybe the reason why is RvR is almost dead is the clan leaders don't have the same opinion you have. Maybe they are all wrong and you are right?

The poor noobs in the game??? Let them watch YouTube. There’s plenty of content to aid the new player and I’ve yet to see a noob in game not get help when they ask in the chat. Now there’s tips/training/and tutorials that fast track them up the rank tree to where they wanna be faster. They are actively recruited by clans. The poor noobs??

Oh the poor noobs? Oh ok , nothing more to discuss here.

I like the current PB rules. I also liked the flag system too, it was fun. I like that you have to campaign across the map! I’m sure it will need a tweak or two but that’s what we’re here for... to help test new things out?

Oh... right... you’ve barely played these last 5 months... so basically no one is no help to the game??? 

Good for you :)

Edited by no one

3 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

If a nation loses a county capital but still owns the regions other ports, can they get missions in those ports to retake the county capital? If a nation is making a last stand for a region would that be at the county capital port or at the last of the regions ports?

If the Devs are serious they would stop listening to Pirates Advice,with the effect you caused you make it possible US will never get to Use the new Port system for very Long,It is a casual College Guess that you,Pirates Are going to Cheat,obviously. The Game was started by Modders of TW.series. and I think they are Not supporting The Overall breathing room,as one of the (used) to be biggest nations in the game will be at fault ,I think what you Guys Did tonight was Horrid . Your Advice from a US perspective is not respected

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MacaroniMax said:

If the Devs are serious they would stop listening to Pirates Advice,with the effect you caused you make it possible US will never get to Use the new Port system for very Long,It is a casual College Guess that you,Pirates Are going to Cheat,obviously. The Game was started by Modders of TW.series. and I think they are Not supporting The Overall breathing room,as one of the (used) to be biggest nations in the game will be at fault ,I think what you Guys Did tonight was Horrid . Your Advice from a US perspective is not respected

c66d7e616be47389f13b20e85176e7e0.png
https://gyazo.com/c66d7e616be47389f13b20e85176e7e0

• Like 3

8 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

not enough population. There would only ever be that many players if the devs did free to play and made their money off DLC.

atm yes but the devs make a game not only for 600 players.

they sold a lot of copies. 100k or so. i m not 100% sure with that numbers. the most guys bought a EA game and never played it. they have a  look in the game from time to time. they are waiting for release. they know there are a lot of wipes for testing. 

the most guys here in the forum played the first time a ea game. they are crying and crying. 

when we have more than 2.5k player and only 1 pvp server at release the devs have a big problem.  i  m sure that we have a bunch of players at release and that we need more than 1 server. 

Eventhough the important question - How is this supposed to be implemented on PvE server- has not been answered yet, I have to add a minor point:

Forts fireing at players makes absolutely no sense on PvE server. 

First a French fort fires at me while i (Pirat) attack British ai (shouldnt it historically fire at the Brit ?) than the port behind it is more than glad to provide repairs, buy the loot they just defended etc...

Lol,

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Eventhough the important question - How is this supposed to be implemented on PvE server- has not been answered yet

On war server there is investment loss on port loss - providing natural deterioration of investment over time if port changes hands multiple times. 
On peace server there is no port loss thus this feature becomes static and never deteriorates. 

This feature (port investments) does not make sense for the Peace server until there is some form of economic sabotage or port capture (to provide currency - victory marks - to make those investments into ports)

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Eventhough the important question - How is this supposed to be implemented on PvE server- has not been answered yet, I have to add a minor point:

Forts fireing at players makes absolutely no sense on PvE server. 

First a French fort fires at me while i (Pirat) attack British ai (shouldnt it historically fire at the Brit ?) than the port behind it is more than glad to provide repairs, buy the loot they just defended etc...

Lol,

Forts have always fires at played of other nations.  Just not AI cause that was and could be abused.  You a pirate why wouldn’t a French port fire at you?  Don’t tag ships next to other nations forts. 

Excuse for AI is maybe that British has a trade agreement with the French?  

I swear most you PVE guys want nothing but easy mode.  Have a bit of challenge and like I said don’t tag ships close to other nations forts.

12 minutes ago, admin said:

On war server there is investment loss on port loss - providing natural deterioration of investment over time if port changes hands multiple times. 
On peace server there is no port loss thus this feature becomes static and never deteriorates. 

This feature (port investments) does not make sense for the Peace server until there is some form of economic sabotage or port capture (to provide currency - victory marks - to make those investments into ports)

No port investments = no ship improvement.

Still we get tougher ai and now also forts fireing at us.

A growing imbalance which micght even get worse if the forthcoming book/upgrade change affects our ability to fight ai.

As proposal to counter this: reduce the cost of rare woods, increase their spawn or simply add the ship improvements to some ports w/o having to own them.

@Texas: It's called balance, not easy mode. If we wanted easy mode we'd go ganking newbs on the other server....

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

So how do you invest in a port?  Is there another menu?  How do you know if there are bonuses in a port?

wait a few minutes and you see that. 

3 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Still we get tougher ai and now also forts fireing at us.

Sorry but i need to ask this.

Why are you worried about AI forts if:

a) there is no AI agression in the OW.

b) you can choose when and where to attack?

You said that fort firing at players doens't have a place in the pve server , well i think different. I have no problem with that and i would like to see some day, an AI agression when sailing close to the enemy ports. This would bring more exciting gameplay when doing trade runs or delivery missions. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, no one said:

Sorry but i need to ask this.

Why are you worried about AI forts if:

a) there is no AI agression in the OW.

b) you can choose when and where to attack?

You said that fort firing at players doens't have a place in the pve server , well i think different. I have no problem with that and i would like to see some day, an AI agression when sailing close to the enemy ports. This would bring more exciting gameplay when doing trade runs or delivery missions. :)

You are missing the point: A British fort fireing at a player attacking a British ship makes sense. A French fort fireing at a player attacking a british ship makes no sense at all on a "Peacefull" server. 

Someone mentioned an alliance: ofc I have a british letter of marque that allows me to attack french ships :)

Absurd enough now for you ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Diceman said:

DLC is a good thing. The Devs only promised a very few ships in the beginning. They’ve way more than over delivered on that promise!!! And you still complain. There’s NOTHING wrong with them getting paid. I feel they’ve earned and deserve it. I will always support the devs financially when given the opportunity... they’ve earned it. DLC don’t break the game. They do give the casual a better incentive to sail out and engage when they otherwise might think twice before risking their precious crafted meta ship they’re saving for a PB.

The only negative to the economy in my view are these artificial controls and restrictions on ship building (permits and such) that strangle the small nations, clans and solos. Lift the restrictions and economy will boom. More ships being built will lead to more ships being sunk. More PvP is a bad thing?? More ships built and put up for sale hurts the economy how?? 

Is this a paid lobbyist?

28 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

You are missing the point: A British fort fireing at a player attacking a British ship makes sense. A French fort fireing at a player attacking a british ship makes no sense at all on a "Peacefull" server.

Yes i understand what you are saying and i agree with you.

1 hour ago, admin said:

On other matter.

What about DLC and ship notes and port crafting improvements? Are DLC redeemed in developed port getting the bonuses. Or not? At least the notes?

It could feel an interested question (Requin) but less than apparent: a well fitted requin would keep her "niche" even with frigates running +5% speed.
The problem will be evident for Herc, Herm and Ratt that are already definately "normal" ship (as it should be) and will end totally outpaced by super crafts.

It could be good... but I think lecit to know this beforehand.

Thank you.

• Like 1