Game-Labs Forum

Give us Ships Contracts - a Gamechanger for Crafters

@admin

Please let Players place contracts in Ports to buy Ships like we already can do with Ressoruces and other Goods. I craft Ships whenever i can. And Currently i have to announce the Ship in Global Chat or hope taht anyine stumbles over it i  the Freeport  Shop.

If the Players can Place a Contract with the Ship they want, including Woods, Upgrades, Guns and the Prize they are willing to pay in Reals or even Doubloons (Or even PVP and Victory Marks) it woud allow crafters to build exactly taht Ship.

Right now i might build a Ship nobody cares about. And since some Ships need Permits, it a hughe waste of time to build a Indefatigable with the Wrong type of Woods. Wich is alway a matter of Opinion.

This woud skyrocket PvP and  Crafting, because Players woud be able to Pay  , for example, in PvP Marks and Reals, allow Crafter to get PvP Marks without spending too much with PvP  (If they dont want to)

• Like 30

11 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Crafting is not really happening due to the costs of woods so it wont change much.

Negativ as usual

why? I craft Ships with Mahgony and Bermuda Cedar, plus some Saibcu if i get my hands on it. i pay 20ish Reals per Unit. This isnt too  much.  Fir and Oak are all over the Map anyway. i dont think there is a Problem with Cost's.

I like taht White Oak, Teak and Live Oak are so rare  these days. it makes those ships imporant. People need to get away from their "i only craft Woods i like" Whining.

You gotta work with waht you have. And the People will have to Sail waht we can craft.

Edited by Meraun

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Get out there, sink other players, get permits.

Go out with your clan, conquer ports, get the woods you want.

Crafting in the war server in a nutshell.

Fact.

RANT/ ATTEMPT TO SHUT UP OTHERS REMOVED.

I can not accept and can not understand why we do not have these kind of features in this game ! 

Funny that we still try here with these kind of hundreds of logical suggestions and inprovements which each of them having potential to be great additions/contents to the game.

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Get out there, sink other players, get permits.

Go out with your clan, conquer ports, get the woods you want.

Crafting in the war server in a nutshell.

Fact.

@Hethwill@admin My Suggestions goes nowhere against this "nutshell". It woud be a tool to make live easier for everyone wihle increase PvP even more. Its not about getting the Woods or the PvP Marks. Its just about Building the Ship the Players want for PvP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wyy said:

if you dont have anything constructive towards the suggestion other then telling people how to play the game, being arrogant and trying to get the thread off topic and toxic i would suggest you to think twice before you click the "submit reply" button, and you Hethwill as a mod should know all this above all other forum user.

Forum rules define what you can and cannot say.
Volunteer mods are players doing this for free. You want tell others what to say and what to not say do it in private in a friendly manner. 
If the post breaks rules report it. If it does not break rules you must  shut up and let them talk.

16 hours ago, Meraun said:

@admin

Please let Players place contracts in Ports to buy Ships like we already can do with Ressoruces and other Goods. I craft Ships whenever i can. And Currently i have to announce the Ship in Global Chat or hope taht anyine stumbles over it i  the Freeport  Shop.

We have no resources for new features: there are 2 programmers who are working on this list:
https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27651-development-plans-update-1-half-of-2019/

It maybe done after release if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, admin said:

We have no resources for new features: there are 2 programmers who are working on this list:
https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27651-development-plans-update-1-half-of-2019/

It maybe done after release if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier)

in that case, im hope you add it to your "after release" to do list 🙂

3 minutes ago, admin said:

if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier)

I feel like hoping and waiting is not enough. I can understand your game engine is a bit difficult to programe, wish it was easier, so you could keep adding  small nice additions easly, cause these small things are good content and will help the game to get higher ratings.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Are you currently taking a online Public Relations course? That might help stop the negativity. 

Btw, my review is still positive, and always has been. I just know the way people are treated on forums has heavily contributed to the negative reviews. 

36 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

A search for a mahogany sabicu Surprise will not be the ship you'll find in your ship contract list. You might sell it to players who urgently need a ship. Players who try to win a fight won't be your clients though.

i just gotta work with waht i got.

i build Mahogany/Bermuda Cedar Surpire. And Mahogany/Sabicu Essex. It sells. People needs Ships to lose 🙂

31 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If you wanna craft them for players, you have to organize the woods they want and the permits you need. I don't have seen your name in the bidder list for WO. And I hardly can imagine that you're willing to spend the combat medals you earn for other players favorite ships.

I dont see waht this has to do with the possibility of Placeing Shipscontract

(Iam not sure, but arent Combatr Marks tradable anyway?)

48 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Are you currently taking a online Public Relations course? That might help stop the negativity. 

Btw, my review is still positive, and always has been. I just know the way people are treated on forums has heavily contributed to the negative reviews. 

this is an off topic issue that could be discussed in a separate section (like forum improvements). 

3 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If players don't have the option to get the ship they want, they buy what they get. But you expect that players will search for bad ships with your ship contracts. They won't. They will search for teak-teak frigates and teak-WO or LO - WO line ships and you won't be able to deliver them, because it's too hard to get those resources. And if you get some of them, you prefer to use them for yourself. Of course you can buy limited numbers of combat medals. For 60k per peace. That means you have to spend 240k only for the permit of a Surprise, you would be able to sell at Shroud Cay. But will you find a player willing to pay 350K for an Oak-Oak Surprise  he loses in two hours patrol zone? That's half a million including cannons and upgrades for a shitty throw away ship.

Your problem might be that you're not max ranked in crafting yet. And you can't use all those ships you have to craft for getting XP by yourself. That's why you search for sales channels. But I promise you, as soon as you have reached max level you'll stop crafting for others, since crafting ships is completely broke.

i see waht your telling me. But doesnt make the Suggestion useless, does it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, admin said:

this is an off topic issue that could be discussed in a separate section (like forum improvements). 

so telling players how they should play the game, instead of giving constructive feedback on the suggestion from a certain mod isnt off topic?

1 hour ago, admin said:

It maybe done after release if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier) You know what must be done to get those reviews ;)

Thank you! :)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

I feel like hoping and waiting is not enough. I can understand your game engine is a bit difficult to programe, wish it was easier, so you could keep adding  small nice additions easly, cause these small things are good content and will help the game to get higher ratings.

I'd say they 've tested, removed and added eco and crafting stuff since 2016 with only a few sideshows into combat mechanics. From where I sit it looks like it's never enough for eco guys, and I don't mean that as damning critique, there's just always something else someone wants.

At some point you have to go into feature-freeze and work towards release and we're at that point now.

• Like 2

The problem with the contracts is: the critical parameters are number of upgrade slots and trim. These are subject to RNG, so this cannot be guaranteed by the crafter. Crafter needs to buy the permit upfront, but is this sustainable? 

Specifying a ship is complex (ship type, wood, planking, paint, number of upgrade slots, 3-5 upgrades, trim), the costs also (currency, price). Many of those things might be negotiable, but a tool with negotiation option is even more complex. 

I see a lot of potential for over-specified orders which are impossible or inacceptable to fulfill. And as a result, there would be a lot of frustration and saltyness (cause the crafter has to finance the materials and permit upfront). 

Other suggestion, very generic and versatile which might serve the same purpose:

A pinwall or public board where captains can post plain text messages in a specific port. Unlike nation chat or global chat, these messages are sticky and visible to anyone visiting that port from any nation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meraun said:

@Hethwill@admin My Suggestions goes nowhere against this "nutshell". It woud be a tool to make live easier for everyone wihle increase PvP even more. Its not about getting the Woods or the PvP Marks. Its just about Building the Ship the Players want for PvP.

That is clear :) 

My post was simply the how to play the game in the present scenario. Not against nor a endorsement of any kind.

You either do it or you don't.

The only issue with ship contracts is they trims are random.  While I can make the Carg/Fir Snow for you but I can’t promisee very cramp.  Or even cramp.  Maybe if it wa implemented it would be for basic builds.  Just the ship and wood types not random parts. When I use to build a lot of clan ships you got what was rolled up hen we built something.  We might put aside some better perks for  certain players that have more use but other wise every one got the Wo/win h ratters or LO/WO l’ocens built for the clan.