Game-Labs Forum

Give us Ships Contracts - a Gamechanger for Crafters

1 hour ago, van Veen said:

The problem with the contracts is: the critical parameters are number of upgrade slots and trim. These are subject to RNG, so this cannot be guaranteed by the crafter. Crafter needs to buy the permit upfront, but is this sustainable? 

Specifying a ship is complex (ship type, wood, planking, paint, number of upgrade slots, 3-5 upgrades, trim), the costs also (currency, price). Many of those things might be negotiable, but a tool with negotiation option is even more complex. 

I see a lot of potential for over-specified orders which are impossible or inacceptable to fulfill. And as a result, there would be a lot of frustration and saltyness (cause the crafter has to finance the materials and permit upfront). 

Other suggestion, very generic and versatile which might serve the same purpose:

A pinwall or public board where captains can post plain text messages in a specific port. Unlike nation chat or global chat, these messages are sticky and visible to anyone visiting that port from any nation. 

hmm i would see it as a player would be able to make a contract like this, about trim you could say Any trim or upgrade slots the same with Any

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

| Ship:                            Endymion   |

| Upgrade slots:            4                  |

| Refit:                             Strong Rig |

|Framing:                       Teak            |

|Hull:                               Bermuda C|

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Wyy said:

hmm i would see it as a player would be able to make a contract like this, about trim you could say Any trim or upgrade slots the same with Any

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

| Ship:                            Endymion   |

| Upgrade slots:            4                  |

| Refit:                             Strong Rig |

|Framing:                       Teak            |

|Hull:                               Bermuda C|

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A price what the buyer pays needs to get added. Problem is that crafters dont have an influence on the Slots and the refits, so i would exclude that already.

A buyer playces a contract with the ship he would like to get and the price he pays for that. Then crafters can decide if they make it for the money ot not.

1 minute ago, qw569 said:

You can wait until the developers find free time to implement contracts in the game.

Or you cant try to do it yourself.

For example It can be google sheets, special department of the forum or maybe even discord.

• Like 1

If you remove upgrades and cannons from the equation, just setting up a buy contract for a certain ship model with specified wood types for frame and planking would imo a massive improvement to ship crafting.

If the day ever comes when our dear developer team finds the time, please consider implementing buy contracts for ships.    

• Like 6

An in-game message board would be nice....even if it's just another chat tab. But we do have this forum so place an add here. Someone orders a 5/5 Cag/WO Trinc for x amount. You build as many as it takes to get the order done and sell all the mistakes on the market. Or just build a bunch of ships and set prices on here, since we can't sail to every port to know what is available. 

• Like 1

I say yes to ship contracts... 1 vote from me... not sure why it would be bad to post in shop for... Teak/Teak Trincomale or something like that for a specific price... especially if you are a solo player just looking to buy a ship at a specific price. This would also give the port a chance at double tax... posted contract... 10% tax... filled contract... 10% tax.

Not a bad idea... would beat having to always list in chat about wants... many players likely still would list in global chat for ship sales... however... still may be a good function to have.

Edited by LIONOFWALES