Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: General feedback

3 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

You don't have to agree, the guy pulled a larger ship to fight a smaller ship. That's a gank mentality that's been engrained into player behavior.

Nope it hasen't. As the game is now I plays very little. So just my Herc to Nassau. Guess I go up there alone to gank ppl? Allways join the low Br, 

Yep clear gank mentality engrained in my behavior

Edited by staun

2 minutes ago, staun said:

Nope it hasen't. As the game is now I plays very little. So just my Herc to Nassau. Guess I go up there alone to gank ppl? Allways join the low Br, 

Yep clear gank mentality engrained in my behavior

"majority" *Insert thousands of examples of overgank on one side*

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

"majority" *Insert thousands of examples of overgank on one side*

It is just not as simple as you want it to be. Plenty of reason thing turns in to a gank. But very few of them has to do with ppl want to have a sure fight.

- I don't go fight Lig 1 vs 1, cause he just kill me 10 -10 times. I go 2 vs him. and the fight will actually be equal.

. You sail out in a small group and hit a single player. Yes he gets killed, by gank. But You see the same players laying on the same hunt outside a Capitol so the enemy have a chance to get a decent group, Gank mentality?

. Pb's gank mentality?

2 minutes ago, staun said:

It is just not as simple as you want it to be. Plenty of reason thing turns in to a gank. But very few of them has to do with ppl want to have a sure fight.

- I don't go fight Lig 1 vs 1, cause he just kill me 10 -10 times. I go 2 vs him. and the fight will actually be equal.

. You sail out in a small group and hit a single player. Yes he gets killed, by gank. But You see the same players laying on the same hunt outside a Capitol so the enemy have a chance to get a decent group, Gank mentality?

. Pb's gank mentality?

That's not a gank. A gank is unwinable odds so a 2v1 is not a gank depending on BR. Generally BR differences of -0.5 to +1.5 are ganks, especially in this damage model.
10 6th rates v 1 1st rate is not a gank.

Edited by Slim McSauce

4 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

That's not a gank. A gank is unwinable odds so a 2v1 is not a gank depending on BR. Generally BR differences of -0.5 to +1.5 are ganks, especially in this damage model.
10 6th rates v 1 1st rate is not a gank.

But thats actually what I saw most of the time when I was much more active in the game. so It just dosent fit your idea about we in generally only want ganks.

15 hours ago, Cabral said:

I won't go to Patrol Zone, no one will tell me how to play in this sandbox OW game. If I can't get these "medals" outside of patrol zone, I'll quit playing after 3 years.

Same here

4 minutes ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

I only wish everything was wiped right now. I feel like I just got a toy on Christmas but the batteries were not included.

Well I feel like I got a par of socks and not that nice microscope I dreamed about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Spud said:

Can someone tell me how we need to get a "LGV Refit" in the current patch?

You take a PvP mission. You'll have to kill 10 players of the same rank, if you can find them, to get 10 medals. Alternatively, you go to the solo patrol area and kill 3 (I didn't test it, and I won't)

From Admiralty, you get your LGV Refit note. And you pray for this ship not to be wiped the day after. 

EDIT: Or you pray for medals to be removed from game mechanics.

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

You weren't willing to fight after he pulled a larger ship.

Well yes I was not willing to fight a Bellona with my trinco. It's not even a fight. Since I pvp around Freeports against pvpers I can assume they are not retarded. I don't blame them for not fighting. It's smart and I'm glad only the good players engage me since I like improving myself and keeping up with the metas. Solo Dane trinco or connie outside LT is only going to be me right. 

The more this games gets updated the more I think I will need to quit my job, close all windows and play this game from morning to night just to get anything done....I mean it seems every update the game becomes less accessible instead of the opposite.

point to discuss:

1)rare woods are a joke, I need to sails each port to find where the farm has spawned, hope its in a friendly clan list get 35k dubs just so I can get the wood to build a ship.

2)if I have managed to get the wood I now need to pray I can get the permit, in some ships I need to endlessly go through chests hoping I get a permit in other I need to do pvp mission to get medals ( as pvp kills do not give medals unlike pvp marks)

3)now after searching the map downing 35k in dubs and praying to the gods for a permit I need to craft the ship which in turns need more dubs and ofcorse resources......yes I get ships (especially SoL need to be rare but this is a little crazy)

4) combat medals are like pvp marks exper they aren’t- I need to kill 10 1st rates players to get 30 medals- tho each kill dosnt get me medals in itself- (where will I find 10 players in 1sts beside PB) 

4) damage modual is weirded teak/so is worth nothing now As AI bellonas tip through it- combat is not sadisfying at all And is usually over before it starts.

I love a lot of the patch don’t get me wrong - UI looks good those Swedish carpenter icon are the bomb but the game is so damn time consuming- I’ve got 3 kids to feed and a full time job how will I ever enjoy this game if I need to grind my a$$ just to build a bellona? 

Edited by Manbot
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Solo Dane trinco or connie outside LT is only going to be me right.

You might even catch a Doran in the wild these days ;)

sidenote: How do you find trinco these days? It's got 0.1 better turnrate than endy...

-Medals seems to be even worse than old pvp marks...

-Hiding content (lgv refit & other notes) behind rng boxes is lame..

-Why to access solo pvp patrol we have to survive the gank patrol zone ?

What was so wrong about keeping only reals & doubloon ? For the first time this looked like a way to provide equal opportunity for everyone travelling on the ow.

You want players to accept crafting and fighting in oak/oak builds but you don't wipe the tons of existing ships in meta woods ?

Medals really seems the most unfair & random requirement you could add. If at least everyone had by default a mission providing medals for each rate class (lets says you get 10 medals every pvp kill or 10-20 pve kills of the same class of ships), but no that would be too easy, lets make it painfull & boring by having to visit random ports in the hope to find such missions if they exists, not even talking about the low chances of meeting another player in the targetted class of ship..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Medals really seems the most unfair & random requirement you could add. If at least everyone had by default a mission providing medals for each rate class (lets says you get 10 medals every pvp kill or 10-20 pve kills of the same class of ships)

pvp missions will be merged. current distribution is too narrow.

There will be 3 pvp hunt misisons next week

• 1-3 rates
  • 4-5 rates
  • 6-7th rates 

pvp missions will grant captain or admiral chest and a good amount of medals. enough to acquire top class pvp ships

• Like 3

Medals remove content from the game instead of adding. They add something: a great disappointment to players.

This can ever be seen on the sinking player base, in spite of general curiosity about this patch, which is supposed to be a great evolution of the game. 

Also why adding such a change to a so called economy patch? 

• Like 1

Just now, Eleazar de Damas said:

Medals remove content

On the PVP/War server, best ships should be available to those who engage in pvp/rvr activities.
On the PVE/Peace server, best ships should be available to those who engage in pve activities.

• Like 3

Just now, admin said:

On the PVP/War server, best ships should be available to those who engage in pvp/rvr activities.
On the PVE/Peace server, best ships should be available to those who engage in pve activities.

The best pvp players are sailing the best ships.  Thats total nonsens. 

Just now, Intrepido said:

Also, about the clan delivery missions.

I would love to see a slice bar or more variety (different quantities) because farming around 100.000 doubloons just to extract the woods (frames+planking) is a nightmare.

Also the current value for all woods is just too much, it will not encourage action. At all.

Yes.

I never hat so many doubloons.

The player with the most time are sailing teak/live white ships and the rest oak oak. Lol 🤔