Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

1 minute ago, Charles Edward Stuart said:

Think about all the new players who are already unable to get into the game because gaining XP is too difficult. We all leveled up using instant-action missions, they have to chase down traders snows to sink.

that's what I said to him. It's not a complaing About it. 

1 minute ago, adriancairns said:

well I have stuck with this game have over 8000 hrs as have a lot of other people . In the hope you will change direction 

i was meaning more like 70-80 years )))) in 70 years nobody will play NA, well. maybe NA 2 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, admin said:

yep you can say developers decided to let EVERYONE have a clean start on release, just like all MMO's do
new players consider this review positive even if it is negative.

Devs lie to their playerbase and promise things they don't deliver isn't positive, wake up. Maybe you shouldn't have told people things without knowing huh?

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Spikes said:

Not all MMO games do this. And the ones that do I'm sure didn't guarantee to allow testers to keep multiple aspects of their progress and later down the road renig on that guarantee.

You are upset. i understand.
But you forgot that rank is easy to get. And crafting level and blueprints is no longer RNG as it was when this promise was made. In pvp you can get top rank maybe in a week or two.

• Like 8

Just now, admin said:

But you forgot that rank is easy to get. And crafting level and blueprints is no longer RNG as it was when this promise was made. In pvp you can get top rank maybe in a week or two.

Rank was easy to get with the old missions system. Now we have to chase things down. Player, NPC, does not matter. Too much time spent chasing things for those with jobs or in school.

• Like 6

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

If the first impression and cutters are so important, unlock the ranks for all the testers on release in time. After a week give us post captain ranks, after 2 weeks flag captain, after 3 weeks commodores and after month rear admirals... Same result and these that hate re-doing the grind can simply wait and come back later. 

This would work. +1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles Edward Stuart said:

Rank was easy to get with the old missions system. Now we have to chase things down. Player, NPC, does not matter. Too much time spent chasing things for those with jobs or in school.

no its not, you undock from LT in a capped frigate and get a fight withing 10 mins, or better yet, redeem herc/requin and do the same

3 minutes ago, admin said:

ok something against it. If you do PvP you get Players to leave again because of other People doing PvP. So like it will bring no new Players that will be ganked everyday.

To plenty of people it took them 2 or even 3 months to max their rank. That was with the old system where you could easily find battle. So no, it's not 2 weeks for max rank. Not every player plays 10 hours a day. Much less when they have to redo shit they already did. 

1 minute ago, Draymoor said:

Devs lie to their playerbase and promise things they don't deliver isn't positive, wake up. Maybe you shouldn't have told people things without knowing huh?

There is no lie here, wake up.
We wanted to keep XP (upfront), then we spend time and saw where it will lead you we changed that decision (also telling you upfront). Both decisions were true. 

But if new players buy a new shiny game they dont want to see first rates commandeered by vets against them. I know you understand this

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

To plenty of people it took them 2 or even 3 months to max their rank. That was with the old system where you could easily find battle. So no, it's not 2 weeks for max rank. Not every player plays 10 hours a day. Much less when they have to redo shit they already did. 

i saw how 3 players leveled up an impossible nation alt in less than a week in pvp - live on stream (definitely in less than 2 weeks)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If the first impression and cutters are so important, unlock the ranks for all the testers on release in time. After a week give us post captain ranks, after 2 weeks flag captain, after 3 weeks commodores and after month rear admirals... Same result and these that hate re-doing the grind can simply wait and come back later. 

Agreed, if the only intention is to give everyone the same start why not just delay the redeemable ranks for a month or two?

(Sorry cannot keep up with the speed of posting here🙄)

Edited by Henry Durnin
  • Like 3

Just now, admin said:

In regards to leveling up through pvp, sure. if you're quite competent, can get fights quickly, and can (here's the big one) afford the costs that come with outfitting new ships quite frequently. I spend a lot of time in the Help chat, one of the big questions new players ask frequently is how to find a fight. most people dont count among this getting farmed by experienced players. pvp is expensive until you learn how to escape fights you cant win, new players can rarely afford that. make low-reward missions easily obtainable (1 or 2 stars, single ship of equal rate or 2 ships of lower rate) to offset the lack of enemy AI around starter ports - when new players go out to find a fight, they want to get their toes wet before diving in head first. it's that initial hurdle that annoys many.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

This is a great idea.  For those who have done the work need not have to repeat the process.  

If the devs are concerned about the the mix in rank level between new folks and older folks, then let the new folks do their grind and let us folks (who have already done the grind) come up to speed as the new folks do their grind.

Fair is fair in the end.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

We wanted to keep XP (upfront), then we spend time and saw where it will lead you we changed that decision (also telling you upfront). Both decisions were true. 

But if new players buy a new shiny game they dont want to see first rates commandeered by vets against them. I know you understand this

You should understand that because of what you already said was GUARANTEED many players have spent countless hours grinding ship exp. There needs to be compensation for all that wasted time and effort. One ship can take dozens of hrs of game time to max out. 

• Like 3

I had taken a break from this for 6 months and came back 2 weeks ago was pretty happy to still have all of my ships and my Xp that i spent months Grinding for and now that i learn that you plan on Wiping the game and my Xp that i worked hard for Sadness me. I find more fun being in my bigger ships not a Cutter or trader that is not fun to me i prefer to fire my guns and wreak house with them, not being is a Stupid cutter not doing anything. And yet even after my 6 month Break i see the Devs still don't care about what US THE PLAYERS worked to build in NA if you continue to break Promises with Us you might now even have a Player base when the Game Launches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draymoor said:

You should understand that because of what you already said was GUARANTEED many players have spent countless hours grinding ship exp. There needs to be compensation for all that wasted time and effort. One ship can take dozens of hrs of game time to max out. 

we indeed said it. But then we also added - expect the worst in the same post
Keeping books = the best of all evils. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, admin said:

Sounds like Banished has your solution.

Stagger the release of ranks and allow your vets to get their XP back in stages.  Newbies win and your veterans, most of whom have stuck with this game for years, are not displeased upon release.  Seems like a logical approach.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 10

Hi

Full asset wipe i can accept 

But full XP wipe? WHY? especially after it was promised to be safe

I think there is a flawed logic there just think about it @admin .. it's not a 1 time issue

You think that new players shouldn't have to face the old veterans that have everything when they just start playing .. though it looks like a solution to set everyone at the same level it still doesn't solve the issue because in few months or 1 year it will be THE SAME .. there will be lots of people who will buy this game in 1 year or more and i think it will actually be more people than the 1st year just like with many other games . They will have the same problem .. they will be dumped into the middle of a battlefield where everyone else is in 1st rates and they are in cutters what should we do? Wipe the game again? every few months?  

So i don't really see the point

Besides we all had the issue above yet we are still here finally leveled up . We didn't think that it's unfair for someone else to be Rear Admiral when we started .. ON THE CONTRARY ! it gave us (or atleast me) motivation coz i was like : "Damn i want to be like that guy one day and sail a Victory . I better put more effort into it" 

Also there will be people who will become Rear Admirals or whatever the highest rank is in the first few days and others will need a month and others even more .. is it unfair for those people? should we all be kept at a slow pace to fllow the new ones?

Edit : If leveling up is so easy that as you say players can level up in few days or a week .. do you then think that all the future players will buy this game in this first week? or will actually most of them buy it later when they find out about it? so same problem like i said above .. they will still see max rank people sailing around them but that's not a bad thing

Edited by John Sheppard
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, admin said:

i saw how 3 players leveled up an impossible nation alt in less than a week in pvp - live on stream (definitely in less than 2 weeks)

but this still begs the question . . . 

If leveling is so "easy"

Then what are you worried about the new players getting up to speed with the folks that have taken the time over the past 3 years if it is so easy.  Let them do the "easy" work and it will not be a problem, correct?  They will be where we are in no time, right?

Secondarily, and just as critical, how on earth are they going to know me as a rear admiral, sat around for three weeks or spent that time leveling up.  If i am a rear admiral three weeks after the release what is the difference to the new folks?

• Like 5