Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

Gentlemen, the admiralty has tendered unto us its orders. I see there are those among us who are thinking of resigning their commissions based on this unfortunate turn of events. It is of course their right to do so, with the honor of their service fully acknowledged. I however I must state for the record, that I am invigorated by this turn of events.

The idea that I should be sent to a Mediterranean devoid of others footprints. That I may take part in remapping a new world, fills me with hope and excitement. Sure I will arrive naked on its shores, but I shall also arrive versed in its ways. Privy to its dangers and mindful of its secrets. Not some swabby who can't aim a cannon or scamper up a shroud. No...no this is an opportunity to be twice the seamen I was. To place my mark upon this island chains shifting waters. I see this not as punishment, but reward. It is time for the cadets to depart the academy for their final berths. Fair winds to all.

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If the first impression and cutters are so important, unlock the ranks for all the testers on release in time. After a week give us post captain ranks, after 2 weeks flag captain, after 3 weeks commodores and after month rear admirals... Same result and these that hate re-doing the grind can simply wait and come back later.  

Best idea yet, hope it doesn't get lost in all the complaints.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Henry Durnin said:

Sure I am not justifying their actions... but ruining other peoples gameplay over it... the neewbies are the last ones who you can blame for some miscommunication?

Well admins are ruining it for the vet players are they not? those players are only taking the avenue that is available to them. After all admins are giving priority to these new players over the vet playerbase. So it's admin choice to favor new players that is creating the issue imo.

3 minutes ago, Olaf Greyshoulders said:

Playing video games not because you enjoy them, but spitefully, in an attempt to drive other players away sounds like about the most petulant thing I can think of.  This is more 'Temper Tantrum' than hostage situation.  This isn't the right venue for emotional outbursts.  Considered disagreement is much more influential than angry trolling. 

Reflect on this.  This isn't healthy behavior for an functioning adult.  You need to find a better use of your time.  

Sure everyone likes to play the game and enjoy it but what happenes when you really enjoy it and someone comes and smashes it to pieces with a sledgehammer? some people have become very attached to this game .. made sacrifices for it.. right or wrong and now someone will destoy it .. how do you think they will react?

Listen i'm not the bad guy here .. would you rather prefer i didn't say anything and it would happen anyways? coz like i said people ARE talking about this and i don't want to point fingers 

I'm just letting everyone know that it will come to this

Like i said it's basic human nature if you destroy someone's loved object he will come after you .. we don't live in fairy tales 

• Like 1

Why wipe anything if you're going to retain your books, the one thing that makes the game unbalanced especially in PvP terms.

Also the lack of notification prior to a wipe was a bad idea, 7 days? then a wipe each month this could go really bad...

I always expected a wipe for release to be honest, but a partial wipe just seems pretty pointless, also might want to make DLC ships redeemable once a week/month instead, or they may req the new player experience. 🤣

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

btw, where did all the "rover testers" disappear? I don't see them playing NA, I don't see them on testbed, I see them only on the forums. You guys often disappear and wait just for the wipes. You will come after a wipe for a short time and disappear to play other games again. Ah, I forgot to mention you will complain about meta-cool-kidz-gamers who ruin the game for ya. 

Heth is GB..the rest USA ;) PG MOnkey is retired (for now) name changed

Edited by PG Monkey

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Admins didn't lie about xp.  They didn't mislead us.  They simply re-evaluated the issue and made a decision.  After the wipe, the game will still be fun.   I will race Banished to Post Captain (and probably lose)

Its amazing you can defend this @Angus MacDuff.

Edited by Bantam
  • Like 3

I just want to make sure I have this right. By the final wipe...

Sailing XP              gone

Crafting XP           gone

All moneys            gone

All items                gone  

All ships                gone          (except DLC)

Ship knowledge   gone

Book knowledge  remains

Is that right? 

• Like 2

Just now, Cockeyed Callaway said:

I just want to make sure I have this right. By the final wipe...

Sailing XP              gone

Crafting XP           gone

All moneys            gone

All items                gone  

All ships                gone          (except DLC)

Ship knowledge   gone

Book knowledge  remains

Is that right? 

Pandora

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

btw, where did all the "rover testers" disappear? I don't see them playing NA, I don't see them on testbed, I see them only on the forums. You guys often disappear and wait just for the wipes. You will come after a wipe for a short time and disappear to play other games again. Ah, I forgot to mention you will complain about meta-cool-kidz-gamers who ruin the game for ya. 

Just because you don't see us it doesn't mean that we have disappeared. We enjoy the game and provide feedback in our way.

The "ROVER did this and that" mania is really getting out of hand. Please stop :)

• Like 3

This reminds me of when GE announced they would drop their dividend. I lost a lot of money that day and still recovering.

ANYWAY.

Truthfully I'm hurt....but I understand the wipe...

I hope folks stay so we can continue having a pre-release group to engage in activities with. I also hope the release garner's attention once more. I'm cautious here though. I need to really see how this patch is going to play out.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Bunch of children.  A grownup should calm them down

FIY one of those people i know is over 50 .. about the rest i can't vouch but i would guess in 25-50 range from previous conversations

Maybe you are living in a fairy tale world where there is no violence and people are always calm and obedient?

• Like 1

Just now, John Sheppard said:

FIY one of those people i know is over 50 .. about the rest i can't vouch but i would guess in 25-50 range from previous conversations

Maybe you are living in a fairy tale world where there is no violence and people are always calm and obedient?

Yes.  Spent my life in the military.  We don't allow tantrums, lol

• Like 6

1 minute ago, John Sheppard said:

I'm 60 years old and have 13 grandchildren...I know a tantrum when I see one

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

@admin

We are disscussing this on TS and Discord now 

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews .. just letting you know how bad this can turn out.. i don't think it would be in the best interest of the game

EDIT: just to make sure ... this is not my suggestion 

Oh noooo they gonna what? camp new players... hey.. nothing new.. i am used to enemy fleets waiting in front of capital just waiting for a trader brig or a solo player old or new just to be jumped and sank... never seen anyone let me go for being anew player.. o noooo.. sink everything was always the way. so let them cry on discord how they gonna do this or that.. thing is they are already doing it!

WIPE IT ADMIN :)

CLEAN!

• Like 7

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Oh well.. like it or not this is NOT the military and people have Free Will and they WILL fight for what they love .. If you think they'll just bend over you are looking at the wrong race mate .. or universe?

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This isn't the military though is it? People paid for this and put their time on it. Personally I prefer to not allow being lied to and mislead, seems worse to me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cockeyed Callaway said:

All of this is to be expected, they did give false information. That said, its also their game and they have to do what they think will make it viable. I'm sorry their are so many unhappy players. I for one look forward to a brave new world.

Isn't that the exact mentality why EA is going bust?

Customers actually do matter, they pay the bills.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't agree that this is the case.  Yes, they said earlier that xp would be safe, but a business decision to re-assess and change the path is not vindictive.  

If it wasn't 100% set in stone then they should not have said it was 'guaranteed''. Seems pretty simple to me. It is also a business decision to give bad information to customers and that has consequences for any product sold anywhere in any form. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, admin said:

What is certain is that books and skill books will remain safe

Good to hear. I don't care about rank xp but I would not be willing to regrind the skill books only "because it's release". Rank xp is gained passively by playing PvP - no problem at all for me.

One question tho: I understand "skill books" are the unlocks for the knowledge slots of a ship but what does "book" include? Crafting blueprints etc. ?