Game-Labs Forum
admin

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

2 minutes ago, admin said:

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal was thought to be great (and we defended it to the end) but we now realised that it will make things worse. 
Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they don't even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have non-consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter.

New players will get harvey weinstein'd regardless of our XP.  

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I also find the claim of "hordes of newbies" joining the game at release a bit dubious.  With the current reviews I'm not sure we'll get a flood of new players.  I would of course love to be wrong.   

Then encourage people to make positive reviews. Combat the negative reviews with positives you find about the game. Rate their negative reviews poor, and explain that the person must just be complaining about xp wipes. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bantam said:

Or most will just quit.

Agree
I am very pessimistic in this regard
100% of players will quit all games they currently play given time.

• Like 5

Just now, van der Decken said:

Then encourage people to make positive reviews. Combat the negative reviews with positives you find about the game. Rate their negative reviews poor, and explain that the person must just be complaining about xp wipes. lol

Well...reviews are supposed to be truthful. I'm not going to lie.

• Like 7

Just now, van der Decken said:

There are no participation trophies.  If/When a good review is earned, I'm sure they'll get them.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Full XP reset?

You have repeated lots of times those XP will be safe. I can not believe this.

WE ALREADY GET SOMETHING. WHY THE hello kitty ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT EARLY ACCES?!. ITS A GOOD WAY TO GO THINK ABOUT THE NEW PLAYERS THAT WILL JOIN WTF. Just stop complaing About Things which are not going the way you want it.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, admin said:

Agree

Players will quit if all their progress is ripped from under them like a table cloth is ripped out under plates.

• Like 3

Yes, testers must give way to the full game. This is the right way to go. TRUST THE DEVS! THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4

Just now, Spikes said:

yep you can say developers decided to let EVERYONE have a clean start on release, just like all MMO's do
new players consider this review positive even if it is negative.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Charles Edward Stuart said:

Players will quit if all their progress is ripped from under them like a table cloth is ripped out under plates.

But if you don't break the plates, it's ok.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

WE ALREADY GET SOMETHING. WHY THE hello kitty ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT EARLY ACCES?!. ITS A GOOD WAY TO GO THINK ABOUT THE NEW PLAYERS THAT WILL JOIN WTF. Just stop complaing About Things which are not going the way you want it.

So far my complaints have addressed more things that all your posts.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Just a theory, but do we get our testbed gifts for testing and then get them wiped right away? lol 

those are sail able gifts. If you can sail them they are safe for quite a while. 
First wipe will only touch economy - just like the main posts says

• Like 2

Just now, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

Think about all the new players who are already unable to get into the game because gaining XP is too difficult. We all leveled up using instant-action missions, they have to chase down traders snows to sink.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spikes said:

I said nothing about lies. But if people cannot find anything at all good about the game to review, then so be it..they can go play another game. If we who like this game don't combat bad reviews with our own positive reviews, then yeppers...the game will not have a horde of newbs.

• Like 2

Years of watching Futurama have taught me that when the Professor says good news, I know something is going tits up. please at least leave the testbed paint chests on a redeemable timer through the great wipes.

• Like 6

Agree

You should trust that instinct then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

Agree

well I have stuck with this game have over 8000 hrs as have a lot of other people . In the hope you will change direction 

• Like 5

yep you can say developers decided to let EVERYONE have a clean start on release, just like all MMO's do

Not all MMO games do this. And the ones that do I'm sure didn't guarantee to allow testers to keep multiple aspects of their progress and later down the road renig on that guarantee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles Edward Stuart said:

Think about all the new players who are already unable to get into the game because gaining XP is too difficult. We all leveled up using instant-action missions, they have to chase down traders snows to sink.

that's what I said to him. It's not a complaing About it. 

1 minute ago, adriancairns said:

well I have stuck with this game have over 8000 hrs as have a lot of other people . In the hope you will change direction 

i was meaning more like 70-80 years )))) in 70 years nobody will play NA, well. maybe NA 2 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Devs lie to their playerbase and promise things they don't deliver isn't positive, wake up. Maybe you shouldn't have told people things without knowing huh?

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 8