Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

6 minutes ago, admin said:

But if new players buy a new shiny game they dont want to see first rates commandeered by vets against them. I know you understand this

Well do the Tutorial in an hour, jump on your herc and farm noobs in cutters... wheres the difference thb?

• Like 2

I'm all for wiping the shit out of everything, the game becomes boring when people just amass billions of resources because of exploitable economics and keep them after changes make them harder to get. Then nobody has to do anything or make the "player driven economy" work because they have 1,000,000,000+ gold or reals or whatever and don't do anything. I have 20k+ Iron for instance, now its much harder to get but I don't have to do anything to work for Iron ever again basically because I stockpiled while it was easy to get (planning to be a cannon salesman) And as for ranks, I think without an xp wipe, the release will be a disaster with half the players at rear admiral slaughtering the other half, who are all on brigs.

Obviously, doubling back on previous promises is really bad, but I think that if you didn't see this one coming you might want to visit the optometrist.

I am fully aware however that as someone who doesn't really enjoy sailing anything over a corvette, this wipe is going to take a lot more skin off of other's peoples backs than mine.

• Like 2

At the end of the day, I'd much rather keep ship XP and books, as these took an exceedingly longer amount of time and effort to obtain than rank.   Regular XP reset makes sense for the same reason that people have started many threads on how to 'Save the Newbies' from Vets ganking them and camping reinforcement zones. 

The upset is understandable, but an XP/Asset wipe isn't so different from MMO's that come out with multiple expansions that raise the level/gear cap.  That gear that you had at level 60 in WoW really isn't worth anything once you hit 70.  You discard it as soon as you get ahold of new gear, even if it took you hundreds of hours to grind.  Even if you don't discard it, it's useless to you now that there is a new maximum level and the stuff you have is out of date. 

I don't presume that Naval Action is adding steam ships, let alone aircraft carriers, so we're not getting level 70 here.  The devs have to focus on progression within the available ship types if they're fine tuning things, and leveling the playing field in terms of ships/xp is a step in the right direction to making the game more accessible to new players on release. 

I'd reckon the best use of time during these next few weeks would be to grind slots on smaller ships.   Get in the Patrol zone, group up with your friends, have some fun.  The pixels will go away when you eventually quit this game, just like the progression you accrued in every other game that you'll never play again.  What's worth it is that you enjoy the time you're playing.  If you don't, it's time to find a new strategy, new friends, or maybe a new game. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

Well do the Tutorial in an hour, jump on your herc and farm noobs in cutters... wheres the difference thb?

The difference is that this game is getting wiped FOR release. If you do not understand the implications, it's that we are testers first, do not fall into the illusion that the game you've been playing is granted complete, the wipe is as promised and is a smart decision.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

The difference is that this game is getting wiped FOR release. If you do not understand the implications, it's that we are testers first, do not fall into the illusion that the game you've been playing is granted complete, the wipe is a promise as it is for all MMO's out of testing 

Not complaining about the wipe but you might have missed that in my lengthy post... just pointing out that new player will still be facing vets in frigates after an hour in their cutter and there is no mechanic to prevent that.

• Like 2

I say wipe it clean! The "veterans" were bored anyway... they had all the fancy ships all unboxed and all the fancy mods on them with all the rare books... they were just camping the new guys anyway killing the game, wipe it clean and give them something to do.. i say there were always new players coming to the game but they had no chance against bored veterans that had nothing to do than camp the new players trader brigs trying to make some cash to buy first normal ship. wipe it all.. i would gladly play this game than, for me this was just torture. yeah give them something to do.. crying that they gonna leave the game.. boo-hoo how many did already leave the game from this kind of experience... wipe it clean!!

• Like 7

@admin

We are disscussing this on TS and Discord now 

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews .. just letting you know how bad this can turn out.. i don't think it would be in the best interest of the game

EDIT: just to make sure ... this is not my suggestion 

Edited by John Sheppard
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

Not complaining about the wipe but you might have missed that in my lengthy post... just pointing out that new player will still be facing vets in frigates after an hour in their cutter and there is no mechanic to prevent that.

A whole hour, by god those poor noobs will just have to play a little longer. That's why we're getting repeated wipes to test exactly that.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

I love this game a lot.  For the most part I am a trader and kind of treat the game as a trade sim, even though it is really a game for folks who want to fight PvP and such.  I jump in here and there . . . 

With the above said, I have spent a great deal of time sailing on open water trading goods in hostile territories at times and constantly looking out for the enemies raiders.  I do thank you devs a great deal for keeping my unsold trade goods in the last patch last fall. 

I do feel tho, like a lot of others, we have paid our dues.  In addition we have provided your company with testing folks so that you can improve the game and gain the rewards with this aspect.

They really has to be a fair and equitable compromise between the two.  

I fully understand the in balance between the leveled up folks and new folks at the start of the release, but a month or so into the release there will be new players that have leveled up, shipped up and  monied up.  

So if we that have already done the work why cannot we have our work redeemed say one or two or so month in, what is the harm to the new players.  Indeed, what are you going to say to someone who bought the game in the 3rd month after the release and going up against folks who bought the game upon release and have level up by the time the noob buys it three month in? 

There will always be an in balance.  So what is the difference if we pre release players get our sweat equity back a little while after the release.   

my two cents.  we keep what we worked for.

Some people I think are missing the point. Full wipe isn't the issue, but the fact that it was guaranteed to not happen. If they said full wipe from the start, there would be no outrage or least they could've said they didn't know or could NOT guarantee it. I mean if you buy ANY product, imagine the manufacturer going back on the guarantee after they sold it to you?

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

@admin

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews .. just letting you know how bad this can turn out.. i don't think it would be in the best interest of the game

And threatening gamelabs because they wont make the game the way you want it is a good idea?

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

This really makes the devs point untenable.  

There will always be an imbalance.  And there will be one not too long after the release, a few days a week or two, and new buyers will be up against folks who first bought the game upon release and have better ships/rank.   

Edited by Yehoodi

3 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

i'm not threatning.. just letting the admin know what the feeling is in the british nation atm

This idea came independantly from 12 people already so far

Wouldnt mind those toxic players leave the game tbh...

Some might be overreacting too right now... calm your horses!

Edited by Henry Durnin
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

@admin

I read that as if you take away our xp etc we will attempt to sabotage the game by farming new players and writing negative reviews...and that's not a threat?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

@admin

Playing video games not because you enjoy them, but spitefully, in an attempt to drive other players away sounds like about the most petulant thing I can think of.  This is more 'Temper Tantrum' than hostage situation.  This isn't the right venue for emotional outbursts.  Considered disagreement is much more influential than angry trolling. 

Reflect on this.  This isn't healthy behavior for an functioning adult.  You need to find a better use of your time.  

• Like 10

I can't believe what I read here.

Now, all those who have alts.... Will they grind everything again? Lol. Sir Texas and his how many? 10 accounts? You have a great job coming

More than 2 months without playing the game.....  And I'm sure with this decision you will make more people to play other games.

I loved you so much Naval Action

• Like 6

I am happy about the rank wipe. Wont be too hard compared to when I first did it I needed double the current required experience and there is the tutorial with exams to help get that jump start. We will lose people but I do know a lot of people waiting for a wipe just like this along with the release to jump back into the game. You lose some you gain some. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PG Monkey said:

I read that as if you take away our xp etc we will attempt to sabotage the game by farming new players and writing negative reviews...and that's not a threat?

Well.. call it as you wish this is what lots of people are talking about right now..

Admin said he will wipe our XP is this a threat? no he's just saying what's gonna hapen and i just said what people are talking about .. they are also not threatning.. if they were they would come on the forum and say "If you do this we will do that" no .. they're also stating what they are going to do .. if someone destroyes what they enjoy they will make sure they destroy it completely for the person who did this to them 

It seems fair and if you have basic understanding of human nature you should expect something like this

1 minute ago, Draymoor said:

That doesn't make them toxic, nor does it look like they want to leave does it. They are being given good reason to be outraged. Silly to blame people that have been lied to. Devs should have known this would not be taken well and be prepared to deal with it seriously instead of expecting 'undertanding' after lying for months on end or being nice.. simply giving false or unconfirmed information as if it was fact. 

Sure I am not justifying their actions... but ruining other peoples gameplay over it... the neewbies are the last ones who you can blame for some miscommunication?

Just now, John Sheppard said:

Well.. call it as you wish this is what lots of people are talking about right now..

Admin said he will wipe our XP is this a threat? no he's just saying what's gonna hapen and i just said what people are talking about .. they are also not threatning.. if they were they would come on the forum and say "If you do this we will do that" no .. they're also stating what they are going to do .. if someone destroyes what they enjoy they will make sure they destroy it completely for the person who did this to them 

It seems fair and if you have basic understanding of human nature you should expect something like this

bs

• Like 7