Game-Labs Forum

New search and hunt missions... really?

2 hours ago, admin said:

Captains who got used mindless kill missions with no variety killing same ship over and over from the same port will eventually detox. Open world hunting is the way you play this game.

Here is how Hispaniola channel looks like in terms of NPCs
N1L7kVp.png
This channel can be crossed in minutes and there are a lot of free ports in the area to rebase to. 

Games gives enough targets for lots of players in the historical areas. Players will adapt eventually and newcomers will not even know about the mindless kill mission grind. 

all u have proven is  pirates can sit in their captial waters and farm ai from many different nations without really risking much

this game really isnt about all the different types of players the casuals ,hunters, pvpve's, pvp's its now just about pvp and spending countless hours sailing looking for ai more then players. this game is no surprise loosing players faster then we are gaining them. this game no long tailors to the vast majority of players already playing the game.

devs rethink how u want this game to develop with or without players still playing it on release read the reviews ur players leave and see whats turning them off of the game u spent making

Edited by Crimson Sunrise
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Crusty said:

Again, you just don’t get that hundreds of us really enjoyed this game before the big update. There was always the threat of meeting an enemy player when hunting AI and that was good.

Meeting them but not fighting since you didnt have to leave the safezone, lets not kid ourselves here.

Maybe there should be a place on the map where you can just chill and do PvE with some friends (with maybe less rewards, just4fun?), maybe even where you can do PvE with anyone regardless of the nation. Like a lil carebear place where you can go when you dont want/cant pay too much attention to the game.

Switching to PvE once in a while is hard I guess since you have to start from zero

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, William Death said:

Notice that Mortimer is surrounded by non-Pirate controlled ports.

If you actually took a bit of time and looked at this map you will see a GB Ventre far left, no Birtish ports there! there're many more occurrences.

Base on your port spawning, it’s NOT WORKING!

Or just a BIAS!

Edited by Guest

48 minutes ago, jodgi said:

There is a contingent of forum posters that have asked that big ships would be a "clan effort" a lot like they say EvE ("the greatest sandbox on earth") is set up. 

You know that I like you (even if the fact that devs are modelling this game on the wishes of people like you made me leave Naval Action), but ... please - do NOT compare EVE with NA.

In EVE it's true that a Titan is a clan effort but 1) titans are used ONLY for large scale fleet PVP engagement (you just cannot use them for anything else) and 2) even if you do not use a Titan you have dozen of different things - including high level content - you can engage in (both PVP and PVE). In example, in EVE online you can grab a Marauder and - if you fit it right (which takes some time, isk and effort) - you can solo even high rank missions (in which you will also bear the risk of non consensual PVP, but you will have countermeasures to avoid it).

You like NA because it just gives the only gameplay you like. Point is that that gameplay is almost the only thing that you can do in this game now. So basically the game is becoming each patch more one dimensional. 

In EVE they did exactly the opposite, going on ADDING different and new content each expansion (i.e. wormhole space, militia warfare, the new triglavian missions and I could go on ....) to the "usual" mission, PVP, trade and crafting system. Of course CCP can do this because EVE it's a game that requires a monthly fee, so they have steady income of resources to invest, but fact is NA has become a total boredom (or, at least, a total waste of time) for any player that is not interested ONLY in OS PVP.

Last patches killed both trade and PVE and also RVR is now almost dead!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

If you actually took a bit of time and looked at this map you will see a GB Ventre far left, no Birtish ports there! there're many more occurrences.

Base on your port spawning, it’s NOT WORKING!

Far right you mean? Over near the shallows? Yeah sometimes they sail long routes.

The other day I was hunting outside Charleston and I saw some Russian AI. Also some Prussian, French, and Pirate AI too. 

AI sometimes sail long distances. See the AI route map that Admin posted, some of these AI make long trips. If they don't get sunk by a player, they can end up far from port.

Just because you see an AI outside a port, doesn't mean it spawned there. I'm not defending the new missions...in fact I'm mostly indifferent to them...I just pull the generic missions and PvP/PvE as normal. When the game tells me I have completed it and can claim rewards, I do so and pull another similar mission.

But, since everyone knows pirates have loads of AI outside Mortimer, and there are maybe some players hunting them...sounds like good PvP opportunities to me lol.

Just like cruising through the Lesser Antilles on the Eastern side of the map almost guarantees finding some player out hunting the numerous AI that frequent those ports.

7 minutes ago, victor said:

even if the fact that devs are modelling this game on the wishes of people like you

It's weird for me to hear that. My inner wishes are very far from being fulfilled. Though, whatever nonsense is being thrown at me this game has that fantastic pvp that very few games can offer, so I linger on. If we get anti-gank patrol zones you would be right in saying my wishes are heard. Lobby content just got canned so that hope got squashed.

22 minutes ago, victor said:

Last patches killed both trade and PVE

Nassau made 1.4 MLN REALS in tax income yesterday - (which is at least 20 first rates) only in tax income. But knowing margins people made 4-14 mln reals in trading profit that day. 

And thousands of players found great amount of PVE last 30 days and some never even sank. 

So it is all subjective and some players will just complain about things they do not like while others actually play and have fun. The patch have changed many things but we know they are for the good of the game. Some pain will happen like with all changes (or medical procedures) but the game will be more healthy long term if it clearly states what IT IS (and who it is for) and what it is not. 

PS. and its 10x times easier to find solo and group pvp in NA than in EVE. Sorry but it's true. Good luck in EVE man. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Nassau made 1.4 MLN REALS in tax income yesterday - (which is at least 20 first rates) only in tax income. But knowing margins people made 4-14 mln reals in trading profit that day. 

And thousands of players found great amount of PVE last 30 days and some never even sank. 

So it is all subjective and some players will just complain about things they do not like while others actually play and have fun. The patch have changed many things but we know they are for the good of the game. Some pain will happen like with all changes (or medical procedures) but the game will be more healthy long term if it clearly states what IT IS (and who it is for) and what it is not. 

so the consistent decline in player count is a good thing for the game also as for the sale there hasnt been much if any new players to the game,  i'm sad to say but this game has a constant loss of players, steam charts prove that much and they show play activity of the so called 511 or 693 peak only about half actually play the game so we have 350ish players on a game that could of had 10,000 sad to say this game for any new player isnt worth getting. to a new player reading the reviews checking the charts its an immediate turn off, if we had more players and more content that actually pulled more players to the game or brought back old players then i can see this game being worth something but the new missions are just recycled old content, go out kill these ships its the same thing as it was before the patch only difference ai are now tied to specific zones there arent evenly spaced out between tiers its tailored towards long sails with little profit,

no new player is going to want to sail several hours looking for a search and destroy mission outside of capital waters only to find either ai too high tiered or players. its not tailored to what a majority of players that join a game want in a game its tailored to the few that want to pure pvp. ur chart on pvp kills shows that not alot of players are focused solely on pvp.

dont tailor a game to something u know doesnt have the majority of players doing already

Edited by Crimson Sunrise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

so the consistent decline in player count is a good thing for the game also as for the sale there hasnt been much if any new players to the game,  i'm sad to say but this game has a constant loss of players, steam charts prove that much and they show play activity of the so called 511 or 693 peak only about half actually play the game so we have 350ish players on a game that could of had 10,000 sad to say this game for any new player isnt worth getting

The decline does not matter in early access. The game has not even released yet. 

We believe that with updated descriptions there will be more players playing on the Peace server in 2-3 months. And current PVP and PVE content plans will give new players new things to do, but some won't like changes. We have tested everything we needed and will steer the ship in the direction we believe is the best for the game. One thing is sure. There will be no more high end content in capitals and Top class ships will be more expensive, but if you know how to make money (by for example doing same thing Nassau owners are doing) you can support any fleet and any losses.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Der Rückgang ist beim frühen Zugang nicht von Bedeutung. Wir glauben, dass mit aktualisierten Beschreibungen in 2-3 Monaten mehr Spieler auf dem Peace-Server spielen werden. Die aktuellen PVP- und PVE-Content-Pläne werden neuen Spielern neue Möglichkeiten bieten, aber einige mögen keine Änderungen. Wir haben alles getestet, was wir brauchten, und werden das Schiff in die Richtung lenken, die wir für das Beste halten. Eins ist sicher. In den Hauptstädten wird es keine High-End-Inhalte mehr geben, und Schiffe der Spitzenklasse werden teurer, aber wenn Sie wissen, wie man Geld verdient (indem Sie beispielsweise dasselbe tun, was Nassau-Besitzer tun), können Sie jede Flotte und Verluste unterstützen.

Dem stimme ich zu, ich spiele im Moment auch nicht mehr viel , werde den nächsten patch auch noch antesten. Aber ich glaube zum Release gibt es wieder eine gute Serverpopulation. Ich persönlich kenne mindestens 4 Personen die das Spiel auf ihrer Wunschliste haben aber keine Lust ein EA Test zu machen die warten nur auf den release 🙂 

I agree with that, I do not play much at the moment, I will also try the next patch. But I think the release is again a good server population. Personally, I know at least 4 people who have the game on their wish list but do not feel like doing an EA test, just waiting for the release

sorry for Google translate 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

does the problem still exist for you? We tweaked the distribution a little bit. 

Sorry i had seen the question too late.
Due lack of time i was able to control only in 8 ports today. There, however, the same situation as before. Only S&D Missions for 4th to 1st rate ships.

The ports was:  Deshaies, English Harbour, Port Loius, La Desirade, Le Moule, Saint-Francois, Camp du Roy and Grand Anse.

Of course i can look in other ports, later.

However, the Hunt missions seem to work. One fullfilled and in the same port the next one found

Edit: In Nippes and Higüey also nothing. But in La Habana one S&D mission for Essex.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, admin said:

On average I can find about 1-2 AI ships that I'm able to attack per hour in a 5th Rate.  Sometimes 3, sometimes zero.  Sinking doesn't earn much XP or money, so barring a huge mistake why would I ever attack an AI that can sink me? 

25 minutes ago, jodgi said:

It's weird for me to hear that. My inner wishes are very far from being fulfilled. Though, whatever nonsense is being thrown at me this game has that fantastic pvp that very few games can offer, so I linger on. If we get anti-gank patrol zones you would be right in saying my wishes are heard. Lobby content just got canned so that hope got squashed.

11 hours ago, admin said:
  • PVP missions
    • We have decided against lobby based content as a result all PVP tournaments and challenges will happen in the open world
    • New challenges will be introduced
      • Solo patrols
      • Group and/or clan based events 
    • Patrol ROE will be improved somewhat.
    • PVP hunt missions will be added

Don't lose hope

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, admin said:

how is that even possible we dont even peak at 1000 players on any given day but apparently thousands so more then a 1000 players found great amount of pve in the last 30 days. 

i think ur math is a little broken, we dont have the player count for your statement to make any sense would not saying "and thousands of players" be misinformation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

how is that even possible we dont even peak at 1000 players on any given day but apparently thousands so more then a 1000 players found great amount of pve in the last 30 days. 

i think ur math is a little broken, we dont have the player count for your statement to make any sense would not saying "and thousands of players" be misinformation 

Because current users != total users. But I guess that's hard to grasp concept for you.

• Like 2

Just now, Aphilas said:

Because current users != total users. But I guess that's hard to grasp concept for you.

current users are about all we have left , in the last 30 days we have peaked at 693 players of that about 350 play for more then an hour  so using logic if those 350 about 250 of them are actual players with about 100 being alt accounts in terms of actual players we dont have the total users to equate to more then 1000 active users,  specifically the wording the admin used was thousands meaning multiples of 1000. which would be misinformation unless there is somehow 250 is actually 250 different players every couple days  to equate to x000 of players

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

logins? because when you see 50 people in a bus the busline isnt used by 50 right?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

logins? because when you see 50 people in a bus the busline isnt used by 50 right?

if ur using that logic then that specific bus on that instance only has 50 people using that bus, where as with the server and steam charts accounts for both the pvp and pve server interms of active players not accounts  we dont have the active player base to have over 1999 active players

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Why do you think that's not my motivation?  I want to feel like when my clan chooses me to sail one of our gold L'Oceans into battle that it matters and that it's because as a clan and for me personally I've earned the right to risk such an obscene amount of wealth and firepower.

That sounds like fun to me, and something to aspire to, not sail around fighting cookie cutter 25 v 25 battles with the same meta builds of other 1st rates.  And if it is a Trafalgar-like battle then having all that heavy wood burning and sinking to the bottom of the ocean should feel like it is a big deal. 

That's fun to me as well.

Ok, that’s your idea of fun. Not mine and not thousands of other people out there. 

Why do you want to make the rest of us play your way? Successful games allow people a lot of latitude. When you make a game one dimensional you will have very few players.

1 hour ago, Ganking Simulator said:

Meeting them but not fighting since you didnt have to leave the safezone, lets not kid ourselves here.

Maybe there should be a place on the map where you can just chill and do PvE with some friends (with maybe less rewards, just4fun?), maybe even where you can do PvE with anyone regardless of the nation. Like a lil carebear place where you can go when you dont want/cant pay too much attention to the game.

Switching to PvE once in a while is hard I guess since you have to start from zero

You have no clue what you are talking about. I have been involved in dozens of PvP battles outside the safe zone and outside the Patrol Zones. The difference that all of you one dimensional thinkers are missing is that it was my choice. It was the choice of the people I was sailing with. You eliminate people’s choices on how to play and you eliminate people from the game.

It is not hard to understand. A group of about 10-15 hardcore PvPers constantly cried on the Forums that they had to work to hard to find PvP. Everyone else was enjoying the game. Because the PvPers cried the loudest the devs went that direction and now the game sucks and people don’t want to play anymore. Very sad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

It is not hard to understand. A group of about 10-15 hardcore PvPers constantly cried on the Forums that they had to work to hard to find PvP. Everyone else was enjoying the game. Because the PvPers cried the loudest the devs went that direction and now the game sucks and people don’t want to play anymore. Very sad.

Interesting, I thought most wanted a different RoE for PvP zone and actual safe safezones 😮

My bad then.....