Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

@Phaserburn Then produce your daily iron and sell it. Nobody would force you into anything. 

Making features redundant on purpose just because you are tied after work? I dont think so. 

but your not getting it either, with a level 3 iron mine you will produce more than you have labor hours if that is all you do is produce your iron.  Meaning you can't do anything else.

• Like 1

The biggest problem I see is that the labor hours per level have been drastically reduced. I used to be able to craft a row of long canon in one go, and now can only craft three. Also trying to get to where we can craft large ships is going to take for ever. Yet collecting iron takes a huge chunk of reals. Its not economical to craft any more as a way to make money, so ships of any size are going to become to precious and too priced out to buy or make. Yet it seems the developers want us to do more pve, by the way the AIs are now set up. But with the cost of crafting and ships, a lot more caution is needed. So, to me it seems the game is set up to encourage failure, but since it is, all it will produce is people who just like sailing around trading. Its a beautiful game, but I feel sorry for those starting out trying to build there way into the game. Secondly I notice that the generation of items that give a healthy return when traded at a capital have been drastically reduced at ports. The economy is lower, poorer in general, and its becoming a bit too frustrating. I will hang in there a little longer to see if the developers relent on some of their changes because the game as a whole is still worth it for sheer beauty of graphics if nothing else.

25 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Are ports dropping trade goods at all? I havent seen any coffee or historical artifacts dropping in Gracias a Dios since the patch, for example. See data from the API below.

630019329_NAdroprate.png.391a0cae06cfebed615cdd3d9ec57d54.png

I think now it works like this.

Coffee has a chance of 0.001356589 (API). And there are 43 ports that produce coffee. Thus, the general case is 0.001356589 * 43 = 0.058333327 (5%). This is the chance that coffee will be produced in the current hour in one of 43 ports.

And there is 1/43 that coffee will be produced in Gracias a Dios

Edited by qw569

I really like this patch it has breathed new life into N.A. and has changed the pve and PvP balance to be more even which I think is needed for player retention.

However crafting seems a bit broken.

Collecting resources to make cannon for example: cost so much time and money that crafting and selling cannon at a reasonable price is no longer possible.

Teleporting around your ports for maintenance  etc is also cost prohibitive in DBs. Please scrap this cost.

I killed a player yesterday in a xebec and reciever 10 DBs. This is 1 teleport !.

I agree that sending ships should cost but just yourself is a bit silly.

Otherwise I love this patch.😁

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Are ports dropping trade goods at all? I havent seen any coffee or historical artifacts dropping in Gracias a Dios since the patch, for example. See data from the API below.

630019329_NAdroprate.png.391a0cae06cfebed615cdd3d9ec57d54.png

Full indiaman of coffee will come there eventually. 
We are reviewing how the new system works and its too early to make the decision.

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

Full indiaman of coffee will come there eventually. 
We are reviewing how the new system works and its too early to make the decision.

Indiaman as in a ship sailing in open waters? Havent seen any yet 🙂

New system doesnt work for the ports I own/watch, at least as it seems to me. And the mosquito coast is quiet, so traders should get through.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Indiaman as in a ship sailing in open waters? Havent seen any yet 🙂

New system doesnt work for the ports I own/watch, at least as it seems to me. And the mosquito coast is quiet, so traders should get through.

indiaman worth of goods. 
Quiet places should be stocked then. If noone sails there that means they could present amazing opportunities as goods arrive not in small quantities like before but in full holds from 30 to 40 loads (100 tons each). New system encourages venturing out and checking ports. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

I really like this patch it has breathed new life into N.A. and has changed the pve and PvP balance to be more even which I think is needed for player retention.

What new life are you talking about? More players ore more fights. I haven’t seen any changes in either numbers of players ore fight. The only real different I have seen is that player now sail 5 rate insted of Bellonas. Spend more time grind AI’s. 

Think RvR may pay a price, when ppl have lost the ships they crafted before this patch. 

Yes a PvE player can easier get the same upgrades as the PvP player. But think most PvE players allready had an easy acces to the reward ppl could buy for PvP marks. This is a skill game and I like it. The best players will still be the best.

But give it time and we will see. Think it is to early to pass a judgment. Lets see in a couple of weeks. But I had personally hoped for a bigger increase in numbers with such a big patch. My impression we had a very small increase, something like 5-10 players more in average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Quiet places should be stocked then.

How is it supposed to work?

1. Do certain goods drop at specific ports as indicated in the API? Coffee and historical artifacts in Gracias a Dios, for example. Or rather random goods in random ports?
  2. Is the mechanics the same for crafting goods (e.g., teak log)?
  3. Is the dropped amount following API data and the previous logic, meaning a rather steady flow following the math qw569 has described? Gracias used to receive about 2 to 8 artifacts per day. Or is it more random?

If the patch 27 mechanics is more or less the same as before, I can report that, for example, Gracias has to my knowledge not received any coffee or historical artifacts for nearly one week (since the patch).

@admin Please dont mind me asking but it is interesting to me as a trader and as a map maker.

@admin

Correct me if im wrong:

1) dropping system (attaching some goods to specific ports) doesnt exists anymore, so every port has the chance to receive any goods, including the rare ones used in refits;

2) so, if i pick a tlynx and visit all ports that i can, i have chances to find valuable goods, specially teak/ white oak and the ones for refits;

3) in other hand, i can pick my hunter ship and attack NPC traders, and loot good stuff.

Thx.

@admin

When collecting the resources, the "blueprints" says that the one "extract" unit (batch) consist of f.e. 4 Oak Logs for the price of 5 
However, when collecting, it just ends up as 5 Reals for each 1 Oak Log, the same goes for Labor Hours.
Is this intended?

Also, collect calc doesn't take into account LH discount from town management policies.

Edited by OjK

36 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

When is teak to craft ships going to be stocked by the ai????

When the traders arrive safely at the ports intended to sell the said resource.

Who know what may have happened. Maybe the supplier ships were intercepted by raiders and said resources robbed.

@admin I'm just moving my stuff before switching nation and...

What's the point of chest limit for Doubloons?
Put 10.000 in the chest. Teleport for 10. Drop them into the WH, teleport back for another 10, repeat until done.

I'm not gonna carry them by ship. Ever.

Silly restriction, which in fact doesn't change anything.

6 hours ago, staun said:

What new life are you talking about? More players ore more fights. I haven’t seen any changes in either numbers of players ore fight. The only real different I have seen is that player now sail 5 rate insted of Bellonas. Spend more time grind AI’s. 

Think RvR may pay a price, when ppl have lost the ships they crafted before this patch. 

Yes a PvE player can easier get the same upgrades as the PvP player. But think most PvE players allready had an easy acces to the reward ppl could buy for PvP marks. This is a skill game and I like it. The best players will still be the best.

But give it time and we will see. Think it is to early to pass a judgment. Lets see in a couple of weeks. But I had personally hoped for a bigger increase in numbers with such a big patch. My impression we had a very small increase, something like 5-10 players more in average.

Previously when new players started the game the grind was hard and mods etc hard to come by and they were largely confined to R zones.

The new players (not Alts) we have are progressing fast an enjoying the game.

I have fought more PVP than I ever did before the patch and I am an avid hunter.

I have not been to an R zone for a week. 😃

I also think its good that the main ships are 5th rates and below and often store bought. I hated the Ballona and above fleets.

Overall this is a massive boost to a game that was stagnant and stuck in a PVP only grip.

Yes, it does need time and the crafting needs work but I think it is going the right way.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OjK said:

@admin

When collecting the resources, the "blueprints" says that the one "extract" unit (batch) consist of f.e. 4 Oak Logs for the price of 5 
However, when collecting, it just ends up as 5 Reals for each 1 Oak Log, the same goes for Labor Hours.
Is this intended?

Also, collect calc doesn't take into account LH discount from town management policies.

all blueprints in game produce 1 ton of resource at the minimum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, William Livingston Alden said:

you must play Pirate and or Russian faction then you get it.  It's a true sad fact.

not true as @Christendom posted some results of hitting ships the other day and they had very few doubloon drops and he's pirate.  Pretty much the same or lack of results I got as a US player.  It's just flat out RNG and luck.

15 minutes ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

Previously when new players started the game the grind was hard and mods etc hard to come by and they were largely confined to R zones.

No they where not. They may have chosen to do so. But this patch have helped to replace ship from 5 rate and down, witch is a good think for new player. Mods, well now you have to grind doublons to buy it. I can't see the grind is less. Actually I never have grinded as much as since the patch. But ofc I am not a new player. When I started you grinded mission to level up. They have since givern more exp for  a kill, then when I started, but don't think there have been any change in this patch.

The new players (not Alts) we have are progressing fast an enjoying the game.

Don't think there been any change in the exp for each level ore ore how much exp you gain for a kill. But I can be wrong. Didn't they enjoy the game before?

I have fought more PVP than I ever did before the patch and I am an avid hunter.

I have fought less and so does the players I play with. Only Devs can tell us if we got more PvP fights overall. My impression is that it is the same more ore less, when I looked at the combat news. But that said single players can ofc have gotten more, and some will have gotten less. But again only devs have the actually numbers.

I have not been to an R zone for a week. 😃

I use to go to the swedes on a regulary basis. You knew they allways would come out and fight you. Had lots of god battles against them. Some we won and some we lost. Since patch we haven't been there.

I also think its good that the main ships are 5th rates and below and often store bought. I hated the Ballona and above fleets.

Thats a opinion. I liked the bellona, now I never sails in it, because I don't want to grind Doublons. But I do think for both new and old players that you get limited in ships in the end get a drag. What happens when the new players want to level up. Should they do it in 5 rates. Think they would spend much more time leveling up. They proberbly would like to use a bigger ship, witch will take them a couple of weeks to grind to get. You think they will be as willing to take that ship out of the reinforcement zone and risk loosing it?

Overall this is a massive boost to a game that was stagnant and stuck in a PVP only grip.

Stuck in PvP? I done plenty of trading, crafting, Epic and fleet missions. The game has indeed been stagnant. But not sure this patch will change it. In the end it is the players that make this game fun ore not. We got some tools, if and how we use it is up to us.

Yes, it does need time and the crafting needs work but I think it is going the right way.

I can't really reply to that. I only made 2 5'th rate since patch. But I do know I am not going to do much crafting. I am simply not going to grind for doublons just to be able to build a ship, bigger than a 5 rate.

I am glad that somebody have found the fun in the new game patch. Hope I do to in time. I really liked the game and the battles. Right now it just overall dosen't feel right to me. So I just log in take a quick spin on my Herc and log of. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 5:47 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

not true as @Christendom posted some results of hitting ships the other day and they had very few doubloon drops and he's pirate.  Pretty much the same or lack of results I got as a US player.  It's just flat out RNG and luck.

I have the last couple of days taken traders. Just to get an idea on the doublons drop. 

6 Lgvs 2 had doublons a total of 1300 

9 traders 1 had doublons a total of 450

Looks like I aswell might forget the traders and only look for Lgvs if I want to farm a bit doublons to buy upgrades

Edited by staun

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

There's no more Teak wood in any capital ports and it cannot be produced from buildings....

When is teak to craft ships going to be stocked by the ai????

Sorry to inform you but I've been intercepting teak traders left and right. I've got quite the stockpile fettered away in port along with mahogany and white oak :P

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

Sorry to inform you but I've been intercepting teak traders left and right. I've got quite the stockpile fettered away in port along with mahogany and white oak :P

Sound like we need to put an bounty on somebodys head😀

• Like 1