Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Combat missions, events and challenges feedback.

4 minutes ago, Feinics said:

I seem to have a bug where the mission accepted is not the same as the mission which appears in the Mission Journal. I have seen this on a few Search and Destroy missions... As shown I accepted a 12 x Wasa S&D and received a 12x Niagara S&D...

Missions.jpg

please report this from game

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BoomBox said:

bug . took hunt mission 11x5th rate and got 12x7th rate . tried it in 2 different cities , same thing happened. f11'd it.

BUT i'm really starting to like it so far. good work

thanks man - looking for the problem - found the issue but looking for a fix

this happens only in regions that has shallow ports in it. (at least one)

5 hours ago, admin said:

Doubloons drop a lot and we see it in data.

Your data mean nothing to me. 5-6 hours playing = 199 doubloons.

5 hours ago, admin said:

PS.. first rates can be captured for free from all NPCs on the Peace server, which is calm, tranquil and only provides relaxation for the age of sail fans.

Thanks, but I'd rather uninstall.

I don't want peace, I want PvP, but I can't even afford to teleport, let alone craft new ships.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, admin said:

bot distribution

yZBdO0k.png?1

total number of bots is 1536
on average 4 per port

What is the meaning behind it? I have my home port in Baracoa, but I like to sail frigates. I searched for enemies some hours now, until I discovered this post here. Now I know that I will not find any there. Should i be forced to station my frigates elsewhere and what would be then the benefit for the game? Even if I want to sail with a lineship should i change each time in a different area?

Please redistribute the bots more balanced, as it was the case before.
There are also people who do not always want to sail the same type of ship.

Also, I do not understand the sense that in certain ports only certain types of missions exist.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

wtf, why is it possible to capture 1st rates and lower in missions or from OW fleets on pvp server? @admin

you can capture and man them in battle, but you dont get to keep them

For crying out loud give us the ability to select our mission rate at any port!

I spend 90% of my time now sailing around in a Basic Cutter port to port mission grabbing....!!!  Just like everyone else!

How in the world does this add to the value of the game?

• Like 3

If i'm not mistaken...

- regular nations have Kill missions for 7th rates at Capitals. ( exception is  the Hardcore nations have no Capitals, start at Shroud Cay, and have whatever spawns. )

- Kill missions can be done solo or in group to help mission taker.

- Hunt and Search&Destroy missions are just generated, no fixed anywhere. Can be fullfiled by PvE or PvP kills.

Can anyone confirm this is the case ?

13 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

For crying out loud give us the ability to select our mission rate at any port!

I spend 90% of my time now sailing around in a Basic Cutter port to port mission grabbing....!!!  Just like everyone else!

How in the world does this add to the value of the game?

Don't sail in a basic cutter maybe?

@admin make basic cutters only available to sail when the char owns no other ship.

• Like 2

Well i loved grabbing a combat mission for my basic cutter,  they were faster to finish. I dont always have all day to do a combat mission and i want to get one done in less than  20 mins. Which worked perfect for me and my limited time to spend playing. 

This new system eliminates that for me. Along with some of the other updates in this patch. But this is a combat mission thread so i will leave those out. You will see me online in this game a bunch less. I have had it for many years now but stopped playing after a patch a long time ago. Just started getting back into it.

So no matter what you say in response telling me to go here or there to pick a mission wont matter. until i can grab one from any port for any ship rate and i mean any, 7th through 1st, i will be playing less. 

Edited by Korsar4627
Needed to be added

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

If i'm not mistaken...

- regular nations have Kill missions for 7th rates at Capitals. ( exception is  the Hardcore nations have no Capitals, start at Shroud Cay, and have whatever spawns. )

- Kill missions can be done solo or in group to help mission taker.

- Hunt and Search&Destroy missions are just generated, no fixed anywhere. Can be fullfiled by PvE or PvP kills.

Can anyone confirm this is the case ?

Yes, that should be the case.

(exception maybe that the kill missions in group will become fleet missions)

.... but try to find 5th rate (kill) missions. And these do not spawn again after you have fulfilled once. At least I have the impression so far.

Finding 5th rate NPC in open waters is also near impossible, thanks to the new bot distribution.

I really have no idea how it should improve the game.

Edited by Holm Hansen

So will there, at any time, be a way for solo players to participate in fleet battles again like the old fleet combat missions? It really sucks when you are a member of a small clan and you are never able to do that. (Especially if you don't have five hours available to find other players and go look for a random AI fleet).