Game-Labs Forum

Captin, we're safe! .. Are we?

Safezone...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 100% safe, high security, zone?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many zones per nation should there be?

• I voted No above
    • one
    • two
    • more than two
  3. 3. Should the zone(s) be bigger, smaller or the same size as the current ones?

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Bigger
    • Smaller
    • Same size as current ones
  4. 4. Do you like the idea of several Security zones (High sec = no attacking possible, little reward, Low sec = attacking possible, more reward, battle is open longer)

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

Connie, herc, Bucen, Ocean, Pavel, Frig,  another Connie, bellepoule, snow, privateer (most Rear Adm) VS 5 requins are a NO FIGHTING CHANCE??????????????????????????????? really???????????????????

aerotr, capt doyle, fin rot, napoleon, cut67 aren't only PVE'rs...they are active PVP'ers, or they try to fight sometimes...instead of sitting in the bay

Your overuse of question marks makes your post look silly.

A rank ingame is just a PvE-rank and has nothing to tell about the expierience to fight in PvP. 

And those players you named here, they are definitely not PvP-players.

The question is... safety...

Now...

Regarding coding and database nightmares... how hard would it be...

- to seamlessly connect PvE server with PvP server so that:

>> PvP server player assets are available in the PvE server ( as one-way synchronized redeemables )

>> PvE server assets are not available in the PvP server ( locked to pve. resources, everything. XP and craft Level may synchronize )

>> shared map / conquest between both servers.

That way a player could just go PvE in peace whenever he felt like , and assume the risk inherent to PvP server when he chose it.

This would simply remove any necessity for zones and RoEs and whatnot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

A rank ingame is just a PvE-rank and has nothing to tell about the expierience to fight in PvP. 

yeah i overused it like other overuse the ''mantra''   ''a rank ingame is just a PVE-rank''...but if you are Rear Adm you have had to play the game quite enought to know basic manouvers or basic knowledge (not skill slots) of your ships...you should know tha a square rigged ship will be faster downwind but i met players who escapes at 90° or close hauled, getting boarded or sunk...

so we need a PVP-rank so you have no more excuses

those player are pvp-ers since i started going KPR, i met them really often, they join to help other player tagged by us...if they are PVE'rs why they join a battle?

Hi Lovec1990, PvP is very rewarding and I got rich by only doing PvP and some epic events. Most of the time I hunt alone (not atm because I have to stay in hospital for a while) and most of the time I hunt around freetowns. I hunt with all kinds of ships (no leReq) and I enjoy it very much. Esp. there are very nice chaps and skilled oponents out there and a lot of PvP players are willing to do fair fights if you kindly ask them. There is a lot of PvP around la Tortue or Tumbado or other freetowns and the frigat PvPzones are also not as bad. Look at cpt.Reverse or youtubers and find out how they search and find PvP. Look how they equip there ships. There are no secrets, just a lot of skill and the lack of fear to loose a ship. The pixelship is your entrance card for fun and nothing to keep for ever. If the playerbase will increase and the protection for new players is increased we might get a lot more players and so we get more PvP. The key is the protection of the new players. Read Percival Merewethers tread about the reinforcementzones.

• Like 3

On 9/2/2018 at 8:07 PM, z4ys said:

How can a captain lose everything? Does the char gets deleted when sunk? Would be new to me.

If they don't have gear? They take or have to take fights they may lose? They play vs better or equally good players? Maybe they sail square rigged ships that are not fast enough to run?

On 9/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, Licinio Chiavari said:

First of all there is definition problem: what's a noob? When is seal clubbing? And when not?

For me a rank 9/10 can be poorer, less experienced, less skilled, on a subpar ship... whatsever... But he cant be defined "noob".

Second, there's laziness, and time. At the moment I have more time I used to, still a bunch of casuals (and vet alike) have not hours and hours daily in game... To devote to simply move around.

I usually hunt (and hunted) in the same places due to laziness: Who does like to sail for 2 hours (there's no possible gain in exploration: a big missing feature that EVE solved nicely; in NA there's almost no point in exploration - another issue and another missing activity for PvErs)... May be not finding any prey?

KPR now like MT in my past is close to a base and almost guaratees some preys.

This is guarateed by safezone keeping too many players hanging there without any real reason to leave.

Thirdly and finally: as I addressed in another thread, there is a reward/(risk+effort) ratio issue (bound to time available).

Sinking a super geared PvP veteran can be rewarding, personally and sometimes.

Still requires a super geared ship (so expensive to be risked), a lot of time (not 10 mins fast battle win) and a good degree of risk... Being sunk.

The same ship, shabby with a 50 hours player on, will be worth the same ingame reward (PVPmarks); requiring a fraction of the effort and the time.

The equation says it's better to kill the shabby noob.

I do appreciate a serious duel, still it is not worth the effort and surely it is not something that can be economically sustainable on the long run aside for the richest veterans.

So, please finish the "pvpers not fighting eachother" crap.

Having to remember again we all were on the weak side of the PVP at our NA experience... And sometimes for a long time.

I agree with almost everything, you are correct here in many things but I would "fix" the situation differently.

There is no content nor reward for super geared players to fight each other. For sure not related to green zones, right? But there is more to this, I come to this later...

I have said it many times, admin is a gank player himself or whoever is giving him advice is a gank player. I don't think admin would else make a game like this. Probably not the best option economically either.

You know, if PvP players would be fighting each other there actually would be a lot more PvP. Instead guys prefer to complain about green and how hard it is to gank?

later...

Pirates go to KPR to gank nubs.

Brits go to MT to gank nubs.

These PvP active players are rarely or never fighting each other?

French guys hunt also at KPR in equally sized fleet, they don't attack each other. Pirates and French are both there with well geared ships to sink nubs, why to hit each other?

If they are so good pvp players why they don't just sink the other group for easy PvP marks? Surely they are better right? They have been ganking here for 2 years so of course they are better than the other group? They wont have gear advantage in that fight but hey, they are highly skilled gankers so it should be easy, right?

And here we are topic after topic speaking from green zone ganking and not from skill based pvp content.

2 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Hi Lovec1990, PvP is very rewarding and I got rich by only doing PvP and some epic events. Most of the time I hunt alone (not atm because I have to stay in hospital for a while) and most of the time I hunt around freetowns. I hunt with all kinds of ships (no leReq) and I enjoy it very much. Esp. there are very nice chaps and skilled oponents out there and a lot of PvP players are willing to do fair fights if you kindly ask them. There is a lot of PvP around la Tortue or Tumbado or other freetowns and the frigat PvPzones are also not as bad. Look at cpt.Reverse or youtubers and find out how they search and find PvP. Look how they equip there ships. There are no secrets, just a lot of skill and the lack of fear to loose a ship. The pixelship is your entrance card for fun and nothing to keep for ever. If the playerbase will increase and the protection for new players is increased we might get a lot more players and so we get more PvP. The key is the protection of the new players. Read Percival Merewethers tread about the reinforcementzones.

Love how people write crap and hope others will eat it. Tell me how do i suppose to do PvP without a ship i just lost in PvP and not too be discuraged from doing PvP again?

Only sulution is DLC ship but none of current one is intresting choice and i tried both

21 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

The acceptance of the OW encounter, come as it may.

If it comes :) if it doesn't - and for hours and days and month - then one could ask, where are all the players. Hiding in their zones waiting for an ezpz gank. Imo of course.

20 hours ago, huliotkd said:

so...if i attak M&C you say i'm killing newbs, if i attak rear admiral you say i'm killing newbs...what i have to attak then?tell me

this server is called PVP, and the other one PVE...you can play PVE also on PVP but you cannot whine if someone kill you when you don't expect that...it's PVP. the player choice is on which server join. if you don't want PVP at all go in PVE server, if you join PVP server may prepare to be sunk...maybe, not sure...but maybe.

[... ]

already fought with z4ys and hetwill and they killed me in requin...well palyed. i ragequitted?nope. i whined on forum? nope. just taken another req and go again to fight

before joining spain i was USA since Sea Trials...i pvped with connie, renno, aga, then i opened la tortue going to MortiTown using AI-capped 5th rates cause i hadn't money to refit always a good crafted ship. just tactitcs...i don't have money?i cap an AI. i fought also Liq once at la tortue with a maho/crew/shabby capped surprise and i won...

the problem of players in this game is they are too much scared to lose their precious gold ship...i don't want a bigger safety zone cause most of player are afraid to sink...

I shared your opinion for a very long time. All I want is pew pew all day long. If pvpers do that without safe zones the seas will be empty. Entirely. I'm sure of that, I truely believe it. If the seas are empty I can't pew pew anymore. So I search for other possibilities to fill the seas with prey. If this means make the pve crowd happy so be it. I hope (but ofc I don't know) that more happy players will get out of the boring pve and join the real fun.

It doesn't say PvP Server btw but someone told that already.

21 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

You wrote something really wise some days ago... You wrote you dont see anything different between Requin raiding or firfir 5th rate boarders of the past. Changing mind?

You're right: rank doesnt mean experience nor skill in pvp. Still stopping calling tagging an r.adm. on Agamennon being on Requin "sealclubbing" could help.

That said, as pointed out elsewhere, it's a reward/(effort+risk) issue.

I duelled Requin v Requin with Sverne. It was long stuff (1h15m) and I took quite some risks. For... 5 marks. My Requins cost usually 40/60 marks each.

How long do you think I can sustain that kind of duels? Do you think it's economically sustainable?

How long any vet can?

And not to remember that plenty veterans (like you) hunt in packs, far more often than me.

Please stop the pro v pro pvp crap... Without reworking completely economy, mods costs, balance and reward.

I define a seal by it's abilities in PvP. Sorry I can't see that this is in any way dependent on the PvE rank a player has reached in this game. Therefore most encounters i would call seal clubbing, especially when one does it in front of the enemies capital, where there are mostly these kind of players. Let them have 5k hours in the game, if they don't fight pvp they still suck at it, and this is fine. 

So you say that you have to kill noobs because only this way you can sustain your playstyle? That's sad, but your problem. By killing those noobs at KPR you make your problem a game problem - sry my english is limited, I hope you understand what I mean. Read my answer on huliotkd. 

Concerning the fir/fir gank squads and the Req Meta: I consider both the amongst the poorest, cheapest and least skillful. I understand why, but it's so boring, as one can only pick on "arrrghh filthy casuals". Perhaps I am kind of old school here and prefer a decent frigate fight over every other engagement. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Have you ever played Eve? It is not centered around gank/grief although I agree that it happens often in the game.

I have been playing eve for coming up to 10 years now.

Yes I did. Not for so long.

Eve has a safe High-sec area, a low-sec area and a null-sec area. But if you think the safe zone in NA is similar then I'm going to have to stop you now.

High-sec = if you gank someone you have X seconds to kill the player before you yourself are destroyed by concord (the npc that you cannot run away from). X is determined by the security status of the system. A 1.0 system and you have 6 seconds to shoot your target before you die, a 0.5 system you have 30 seconds.

You can gank whoever you want, you will 100% lose your ship everytime. Imagine NA where you can attack anyone but you will always lose your ship after the battle.

Low-sec = limited pvp encounters. Best compared to the pvp zones in naval action

Null-sec = anything and everything goes. The rules are made by the players (and game mechanic limitations). But there is still not 100% asset loss here

Wormholes = is the 100% loss risk and the only space that you can experience true risk in the game.

I'm missing what's "not 100% asset loss": a destroyed ship (and pilot cyber) is a destroyed ship. Period.

Secondly: you know that you can kamikazed by cheap suicide ships also in front of Jita if your cargo is worth the loss (cargo scanners FTW). And personally find it even more dumb than NA ganking in safe zone.

LowSec, afar from gates... it's free PvP: enjoy it, run, or change system.

And this nothing to speak about a small detail: your ship usually lasts a matter of SECONDS against a ganking well geared team.

The majority, and I mean a large majority of eve players are in high-sec. If and when they want pvp they go to low-sec or null-sec but otherwise they live in systems that are safe from pvp within the mechanic rules. I must argue that Eve is more popular due to a number of reasons with a couple being the safe zone, PvE variety, and the player created market.

The alliance I am part of has made their home a literal super fortress in null-sec that all possible alliances that would fight us have deemed impossible to penetrate. 

Eve is popular because of it's vast PvE options, it's security system to allow players the choice of where to be and how much risk they are willing to take, and the "no-holes-barred pvp." I would not say Eve is more competitive, Eve is just a better fleshed out game with avenues for every single type of player to explore. Being a subscription game also helps continued development. 

Tl;dr - Eve's popularity is due to the ability to choose your risk versus reward allowing you to be safe or to be risky and the PvE variety. The PvP part of eve is enjoyed by all who play it because many can choose when they want to risk pvp.

Correct. There's plenty of PvE available... giving more chances to hunters to find preys.

Like Exploration - totally missing in NA.

And in NA there's really no gain/risk ratio: you can live inside a safezone (ATM) without ever leaving it... and farm as good as a long range trader.

Saying you cannot PvP because there's a frigate DLC missing ( wttf does that even mean... ) is a weak argument. Smells like what it is and no perfume would change its scent.

Other player-testers just started ( couple days ago ) new characters from scratch for a project. Same as you they have the skillset. Money is absolutely no problem. They living off the land. Capturing AI ships where needed and using them to pvp. And winning, that's the most rewarding part of it all.

• Like 1

Just now, Palatinose said:

If it comes :) if it doesn't - and for hours and days and month - then one could ask, where are all the players. Hiding in their zones waiting for an ezpz gank. Imo of course.

That's the nature of the beast. Maybe if "coast guardsmen" would sit less in port waiting for stuff to happen but actively sail patrols and even go out and force Conquest... maybe just maybe things would be different. But hey... when everything is granted, no need to fight.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I will show you a safezone picture @admin , your abomination is working hard. You can see KPR in the backround, it is just next to capital waters. A consti turned into wind and boarded, another captain who does not know a thing joined the battle, he will be dead in minutes. 5-6 Le Requin just in front of KPR, how realistic is it Historical wise ! How safe the waters are... 

I was gonna help the consti and they just positinal joined in front of me like 10 meters, pushing me together and blocking into wind, chain boarding to finish, after me, consti is done. I joined this battle knowing exactly what would happen, but did not expect to get blocked by an enemy spawning in front of me. Why can the enemy join positional in Reinforcement zone ??? Make gank easer ?

Second picture shows what is happening the late joiner :) 

Last picture shows the Red Sails raiding to their home :) Good job Le Req captains, and thank you @admin for the unique Carrebean setting with red sails.

*** Good skills from the Le Req captains, now tell me, in which 6th rate or even 5th rate can you replay this battle with same results ?

First and foremost, as stated by @huliotkd great photos.

BTW these point out something that can be called "teamwork" and/or coordination. How many rams did you see among us? and I assure you we DO mistakes... and a 15+ ship can be tricky to stop.

Aside the Prussian friend (@knight stalin) we are raiding together almost daily. By a month. Or teamwork is not a skill?

Were 4 Wasa stardestroyers fine/better being able to (thanks a mix of OPness - aka skill -, kiting - that's true skill, right? -, repair mods stacking - another true skill) KILL EVERY SINGLE SHIP USA - or GB?

99% if you got sunk in a SOL by a few light ships... IT'S YOUR FAULT. Let me be clear: hull hugging is fine? sternraking? what in the hell a boarding ship should do? go side to side with a SoL???

As already stated by Huliotkd. Do you know how many people lost a frig or a requin due to a 1st rate spawning in front of him and ending up ramming her? and there dying? if it happens to hunters is fine, if happens to preys is bad? Intellectual honesty?

Positioning (and tagging) isnt skill too?

Finally: I saw plenty of same results with a bunch of Wasas in the past... a bunch of super modded 5th rates and a bunch of Hercules.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

That's the nature of the beast. Maybe if "coast guardsmen" would sit less in port waiting for stuff to happen but actively sail patrols and even go out and force Conquest... maybe just maybe things would be different. But hey... when everything is granted, no need to fight.

Well dont grat them the cool stuff and they will come out, where is the issue?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

If they are so good pvp players why they don't just sink the other group for easy PvP marks? Surely they are better right? They have been ganking here for 2 years so of course they are better than the other group? They wont have gear advantage in that fight but hey, they are highly skilled gankers so it should be easy, right?

And here we are topic after topic speaking from green zone ganking and not from skill based pvp content.

Because attacking another raider in enemy waters is PLAIN STUPID.

1. because, as I stated previously, a supermodded 15+ mil trinco is worth (marks wise) like a shabby one.

2. because a "fair fight" could end in any moment IF the local fleet (GB in this case) join en-masse on side or the other.

So it's plain stupid.

43 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Would you not attack a Spaniard, French, Pirate, etc... if you think he's not a PvPer?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Because attacking another raider in enemy waters is PLAIN STUPID.

I do it all the time in enemy waters away from the capitals, what's the problem?

9 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

2. because a "fair fight" could end in any moment IF the local fleet (GB in this case) join en-masse on side or the other.

That's only possible if you insist on fighting at their capital (Reinforcement zone) - why don't you venture out into OW?

One fair fight will give you more marks than a 6 vs 1.

18 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I define a seal by it's abilities in PvP. Sorry I can't see that this is in any way dependent on the PvE rank a player has reached in this game. Therefore most encounters i would call seal clubbing, especially when one does it in front of the enemies capital, where there are mostly these kind of players. Let them have 5k hours in the game, if they don't fight pvp they still suck at it, and this is fine. 

1. any today PvPer (I'd like to repeat: we joined a PvP server. "ipso facto" we are ALL PvPer) was a noob sometime ago. A noob getting sunk a bulkload of times. Due to a mix of lacking experience, not knowing meta, not knowing tricks, not knowing other ships strenghts and weaknesses.

2. AFAIK you attacked too any reasonable (and not) target in your career. So you did "sealclubbing" too. So I'm missing why you call it now.

3. With your logic, you and a few others players... should NEVER do any PVP... being (due to a mix of long time experience, skill and richness - aka supermods/books) 99+% of targets always seal-clubbing.

22 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

So you say that you have to kill noobs because only this way you can sustain your playstyle? That's sad, but your problem. By killing those noobs at KPR you make your problem a game problem - sry my english is limited, I hope you understand what I mean.

I understand. Still why I am almost not anymore ganked? Smarter ideas? faster trading ships? different routes? Why we do this... and others should be sitting in safezone farming gazillions? Not to speak I have still to understand WHY in KPR and Belize there's a TRUE BUNCH OF AI FLEETS KINDLY COMING UP TO PORT PIERS... and elsewhere (Charleston or La Habana) you can log 10 times to see ZERO AI fleets in sight?

And I did not say I have to kill noobs to sustain my playstyle.

I said that only duelling among veterans would not be economically sustainable in 90+% of cases. The (again) gain/(effort+risk) is too low. And this ratio is a GAME FEATURE: I didnt arranged it. And moreover I repeated often that's PvP ranking, PvE ranking, and EVEN COST OF THE SHIP should be taken into account in marks rewards - as I stated repeatly traders should be worthing LESS than their medium cargo.

Veteran duelling... that's a NO-SENSE in a OpenWorld warlike enviroment. Wars are fought without any fair play. We are even too much fair playing here.
Would you give up a PB if enemy comes with a weak fleet? wrong meta? wrong set up? too many people unskilled in PvP? I bet no. You'll fight and sink them. But that would be fine.

Sinking someone so stupid to run upwind against a xebec... or so stupid to be being turned into the wind in a single manouver. No. That's sealclubbing. I really like your intellectual honesty.

30 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Concerning the fir/fir gank squads and the Req Meta: I consider both the amongst the poorest, cheapest and least skillful. I understand why, but it's so boring, as one can only pick on "arrrghh filthy casuals". Perhaps I am kind of old school here and prefer a decent frigate fight over every other engagement. 

I (we) didnt pick up only casuals.

And "decent frigate fight". What's it? ahhh... the full sail and speed frigates sniping each other masts at 200mt overfitted of masts and penetration mods?
That's highly realistic and historical. Right?

And, AGAIN, a note:

If boarding is so easy cheap blah blah blah (fill with other elitistic crap - from people, I suspect, HAS NOT A CLUE OF 1800s NAVAL COMBAT) why there's so many PvP-Elites having almost ZERO clues on handling it? How is possible that they fall in the stupidiest tricks? and HOW IS POSSIBLE THEY ARE SO STUPID TO NOT BEING READIED NOR HAVING A COUPLE OF LIFE-SAVING BOOKS?

Ah right. They only fit their ship for ONE kind of combat (theirs - above noted) and they'd like ALL OTHER PLAYERS will stick with it.
So they'll demast in 2 minutes from 200mt a less geared enemy... and go around bragging their elite skills.

PS: I do not consider me a "pro-PvPer". AND I AM WELL HAPPY OF IT. I always consider sternraking, hull hugging, mast sniping the true CANCER OF THIS GAME.
I know pretty well a couple of things: how to sail, tactical sense, wind gauge and opportunism.
In the end the most REALISTIC skill set for a 1800 ship captain.

PPS: not to you, but in general.
Normal Players should adapt to elite PVPer combat style... and have to deal with new metas... BUT the elitists SHOULD NEVER ADAPT. Right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I do it all the time in enemy waters away from the capitals, what's the problem?

That's only possible if you insist on fighting at their capital (Reinforcement zone) - why don't you venture out into OW?

One fair fight will give you more marks than a 6 vs 1.

a) which part of "enemy waters" (aka enemy safezone) isnt understood?

b) time. I have not 4 hours to throw out of the window... to find ZERO targets. Still I repeatly suggested to get out safezone and spread around.

c) false. Simple maths.

A fair duel could last 1+ hr and (if it's fair) I have 50% chances to be sunk: will you pay me back a new ship? Because I have to mod her... to be at the same level (fairness) of the enemy.
The random prey (and counter gank) can be interesting. Sometimes a soft one, sometimes a skilled harder one. Sometimes someone who'll smartly kill you... other times, understanding when it's time to disengage, a disengage.

Sometimes I think people wants an istanced combat simulation. Fine choise.
Still it's not NA - that's a sandbox with economy, diplomacy, combat, trading, betrayals etc...
I suspect someone should play NA:L not NA.

Again: I consider mods stupid and game breaking at the moment; and I do not like ship balance BUT if I will hunt around on a LO/WO unmodded Constitution (ship I still love) what am I? a pro? a fair man? or simply stupid?
Let me know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I will show you a safezone picture @admin , your abomination is working hard.

No just no,this is your team abomination.I think we're exagerating here,no way in the universe this should have happened with all those guns and ships but yet it happened.Have you wonder what mistakes your team made to let this happen?Have you examinated your gameplay to see mistakes and to correct them?No, why should i bother doing this when i can simply blame the Admin?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

a) which part of "enemy waters" (aka enemy safezone) isnt understood?

Enemy waters is not the same as the enemy safe zone eg. "Enemy Waters" is NOT aka "Enemy Safe zone". When I hunt around Bridgetown, Kingstown and St. George, I'm hunting in "Enemy Waters", (French waters) AWAY from their "Safe Zone". Which part of that is not understood..?

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

A fair duel could last 1+ hr and (if it's fair) I have 50% chances to be sunk: will you pay me back a new ship? Because I have to mod her... to be at the same level (fairness) of the enemy.

Hunt in an unmodded shop bought frigate then - people are likely to pick a fight with you - mods are not needed to fight fights - they are needed to run away. Combat is possible in unmodded ships. Why run in a ship worth less than 100k?

Alternatively:

Buy a T/T Endymion off the market, put basic upgrades and medium cannons on the ship - that will cost ~800k.... it will do roughly 14kn - one battle will get you 10-15 PvP Marks + cash, that is 1-2m. If you insist on hunting in DLC ships you can do that too - that will be even cheaper for you.

I have lost a 10m ship to an Oak/Crew Space ship before, and I have sunk 10m ships in Oak/Crew Space ships before. Super-modded ships are a luxury, not a necessity.

Lastly: Please don't complain about duration of a fight, proper fights lasting an hour+ are the best and most fun ones.

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

Love how people write crap and hope others will eat it. Tell me how do i suppose to do PvP without a ship i just lost in PvP and not too be discuraged from doing PvP again?

... and this is the reason why I do not eat your crap, regardless how many times you repeat it. I recommend two rules to you Gregory R. told me when I was a Brit. long time ago: Never sail a ship you can not afford and considere the ship to be lost when you leave the habour.  Those are the best rules for this game. Do not try to equip ships you can not afford. Take a Herkules (you asked for a DLC solution) and put Basic Carpenters, Basic Hull and a Rattlesnake or Lion on, Take Mediums and Carros and you have a nice cheap PvP ship. Or take a Belle Poulet or a Frigat shopship and learn! You will sink many times but there will be a point (I do not know if you will reach it) when you will sink an oponent. If you spare all your money to equip the one supership, will will loose it fore sure in your first fight.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Enemy waters is not the same as the enemy safe zone eg. "Enemy Waters" is NOT aka "Enemy Safe zone". When I hunt around Bridgetown, Kingstown and St. George, I'm hunting in "Enemy Waters", (French waters) AWAY from their "Safe Zone". Which part of that is not understood..?

The part it's "enemy waters" having the enemy NO advantages on you. I hope you know the origin of "territorial waters". Right?

3 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Hunt in an unmodded shop bought frigate then - people are likely to pick a fight with you - mods are not needed to fight fights - they are needed to run away. Combat is possible in unmodded ships. Why run in a ship worth less than 100k?

Yes it's possible. What's up hitting a modded better ship or, even more often an hunting pack? There's nothing fun fighting 1vX and the outcome is usually well obvious on a shop unmodded ship. What's the point?

6 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Alternatively:

Buy a T/T Endymion off the market, put basic upgrades and medium cannons on the ship - that will cost ~800k.... it will do roughly 14kn - one battle will get you 10-15 PvP Marks + cash, that is 1-2m. If you insist on hunting in DLC ships you can do that too - that will be even cheaper for you.

How long to be caught by a couple of fast taggers and then closed in by a couple of fast heavier ships?
What's the chances of not finding a possible target before being caught?
Even a ship costing 50k unable to get a prey before being sunk is a simple loss: -50k/per ship. A 10mil ship able to farming 200 marks before being lost is a net gain (medium value) of 10mil: so economically working.

My ships are cheaper? are you kidding? My "standard" Requins (even with some different set ups) are worth >5 mil each.

BTW: your Brit mates comes often with Herculeses in Spanish waters. These are DLC (and more OP than Requin). Is it fine? Ah, yes. It is: they are Brits.

11 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I have lost a 10m ship to an Oak/Crew Space ship before, and I have sunk 10m ships in Oak/Crew Space ships before. Super-modded ships are a luxury, not a necessity.

True. Still modding matters. A lot. Do I like it? No. Should I be, having the chance of choosing, on the receiving or on back of the gun? As I said in combat sometimes: "we come here - Jamaica, and not only - to kill, not to be killed.

13 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Lastly: Please don't complain about duration of a fight, proper fights lasting an hour+ are the best and most fun ones.

I didnt complain. And I appreciated a lot some long fights (Hethwill or Sverne could confirm): interesting and instructive.

I stated simple maths. It's not the duration, the problem.
It's (AGAIN X-times) reward/(effort+risk) equation.
Setting aside I have not 1+ hr in a safezone battle. I have a few minutes edge in 90+% cases. Then Baywatch will arrive.

• Like 1

You are not "simulating" age of sail. You are not denying trade nor capturing supplies nor escorting your own company convoys. Not in the Zone invading battles at least. Trade blockade of KPR has been done since forever in snow brigs and schooners with high risk - try to interdict a indiaman convoy with privateers and then talk the walk.

Like many, you are simply gaming the game.

Nothing wrong with that.

Not everyone has the knack for the age of sail experience at the best as time allows.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I stated simple maths. It's not the duration, the problem.
It's (AGAIN X-times) reward/(effort+risk) equation.

No wonder your always camping KPR in a Requin,  seal clubbing often in pairs for minimal risk in a broken ship.

• Like 1