Game-Labs Forum

Pirates should be Pirates!

I have been a pirate since Feb 2016

I have waited and patiently hoped that the Hard core pirate choice would evolve.

However I am becoming increasing disillusioned by all the fake piracy in the game. 

So,

I would like the devs to consider the following.

Pirate home port Nassau.

1. Pirates not to own ports. They can base in any neutral port.

2. Pirates to be limited to 5th rates or less.

3. Pirates to be able to enter any port on any ship.

4. Pirates to offer 1.5 x PvP  marks to attackers.

5. Pirates to be able to raid a port ( steal stuff).

6. Pirates to be able to fly any nation's flag once per day for 1 hour.

7. Pirates to be excluded from all port battles and RVR.

This will stop all this silly Pirate nation garbage. All the toxic RVR rubbish in pirate chat between pirate 'nationals'.

Pirates should be what we were promissed at conception. 

A real Hard core choice not this silly black flag national nonsense sailing around in 1st rates.

It will also get rid of all the nationals from the pirate lifestyle and put more players into national RVR ranks.

Recently two of us were attacking some US who were attacking the prussians at little harbour. The US were crying "Why do you like the prussians so much?"

We said "we don't we are real pirates we sink anyone"

They had no idea what a real pirate was.

I am fed up with this soft silly pirate nation.

Let's put real rats in the game.

Ok go!!

Edited by Crow
Sle#$che"#er
  • Like 23

34 minutes ago, Crow said:

I have waited and patiently hoped that the Hard core pirate choice would evolve.

However I am becoming increasing disillusioned by all the fake piracy in the game. 

So,

Pirate home port Nassau.

This will stop all this silly Pirate nation garbage. All the toxic RVR rubbish in pirate chat between pirate 'nationals'.

A real Hard core choice not this silly black flag national nonsense sailing around in 1st rates.

It will also get rid of all the nationals from the pirate lifestyle and put more players into national RVR ranks.

Recently two of us were attacking some US who were attacking the prussians at little harbour. The US were crying "Why do you like the prussians so much?"

Ok go!!

i  like this idea but:

5: raiding would be kinda OP if you hit port with alot of stuff

6: this one will only work if its only one way thing pirate under english flag can tag english ship, but english ship cannot tag english flag pirate, but after battle pirate flys Pirate flag and has used his one day false flag option for english.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crow said:

So,

Pirate home port Nassau.

Ok go!!

THIS ^^^^^^ Devs THIS!

Dont hold your breath......

2 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

6: this one will only work if its only one way thing pirate under english flag can tag english ship, but english ship cannot tag english flag pirate, but after battle pirate flys Pirate flag and has used his one day false flag option for english.

what if you can keep the flag on even after the battle without the timer, but instead it shows a random generated name without clantag, also if you are a national have the option to attack it if you are in a ship of war e.g. not basic cutter or traders lynx etc, and its not until  inside the battle the real name and clan tag is revealed.

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, springby said:

Totally agree with every single point apart from:

I think this is a tiny bit over the top. Id settle if pirate flag became visible within a certain close (OW) distance

Well pirates tended to sail up to traders before showing the pirate flag hence why that could simulate entering combat

and the Captain had to tend for the crew, with live hard coin after return to port, or else crew would walk away.

no ranks, no fixed crew. so if you sail a 1200 crew ship you better loot enough to pay shares for all, before returning to port and cut the shares, or go back to a piragua with 40 crew ;) 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, springby said:

Id settle if pirate flag became visible within a certain close (OW) distance

*** This is a great idea, this should be valid for all players, if we are tagging distance we should be seeing the nickname of any player, and false nation flag of the pirate should disappear, he should be exposed.

+ 1 million to the hardcore Pirate Nation

This is a great idea which had been requested many many times. Pirates can be some kind of hardcore END GAME, for some pvp players. 

We want to see real pirates who strucks fear into heats of the captains.

* To do so, they must be experienced pvp players, which you can change to pirate nation after some rank, including in game forged papers which requires lots of PVP marks (real admiral with 500 pvp marks + 10 million gold ?)

* So you become the pirate, you have lost most of your wealth, ships etc. What is left are your skillbooks,  some random upgrades, plus 2 ships from your previous life which are at or below 5th rate (may be 4th?) and some set amount of gold which is not that much !

* You can craft ships up to 5th rate, but can capture up to 4th or 3rd rate ? Pirate can only buy ships up to 5th rate.

* A pirate has penalty to crew costs as the crew numbers increase. And normal crew costs are much higher than other nations. 

* 50 crew is pirate base crew same cost with other nations. Additional crew will be very costly for the pirate. If he is gonna man a 4th rate it will really hurt the purse. Even operating a 5th rate will be high crew cost.

* So pirates earn BM (black mark, which is a pvp mark for pirates), contributes to pirate fame, total earned BM number is stored, but BM can be used like PVP marks to buy Admirality (Pirate Chieftain) rewards etc. Can not be exchanged with normal pvp mark from other nations.

* So to maintain his pirate life, the pirate must plunder, loot, capture ships ! as BM has no currency value and is non-convertable. A pirate Invisibility timer should be much more than other nations, to let him escape with his prize ship and loot. A pirate can sell captured ships with high profit to the NPC shop.

* When a pirate is in a Trader Ship ( including LGV refit), he can maintain his false flag, is not revealed until when non pirate gets in a very close range, ships go over each other in OW. So if he is careful a pirate, can sell his loot at other nations capitols with high profit, but he can not put buy contracts, only sell contract is possible with a fake name, he can buy and sell goods from and to NPC shop.

* Pirates can have temporary outposts (Hideout). Which being "a set distance far away" from a port, they can establish a pirate hideout.

* with limited dockspace and warehouse slot, they can use this hideout (tempo outpost) until it will be exposed.

* if a pirate is seen exiting or entering his hideout from a set distance, his hideout is exposed.

* if enemy ship sails with very slow speed very close to the coast, passing near the hideout, the hideout has a chance to get exposed.

* if a hideout is exposed it must be attacked to be demolished. Hideout can be defended by ai ships or the hideout owner. If attacker wins, he has chance to loot the hideout, and hideout will be demolished. If pirate wins, pirate has an invincibility timer, to run away and reposition his hidout.

* We have hall of fame for the Pirates. Pirates on the list has prize set on their head according to the list. If a pirate is exposed to nation, or raided someone in safezone, ON SCREEN ANNONCUATION comes to all the nation players. Famous Pirate Blackbeard Ranking Number 1, is active in KPR waters / Belize waters etc.

Many many ideas which feels really exiciting, hope one day Hardcore Pirate nation will be available.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Privateers are nationals, pirates are nationless. In NA pirates ARE a nation, a silly one.

Actually all a Pirate is, is a Privateer without a job.   Even privateers where seen as pirates to other nations.

2 hours ago, Wyy said:

what if you can keep the flag on even after the battle without the timer, but instead it shows a random generated name without clantag, also if you are a national have the option to attack it if you are in a ship of war e.g. not basic cutter or traders lynx etc, and its not until  inside the battle the real name and clan tag is revealed.

Back on POTBS if you captured a Nationals ship as a Pirate until you change the flag on that ship it keep it's nation flag.  Since we don't have the same OW mechanic it would be cool if it did the same.  Showed you in the OW as say British if that is the last owner of the ship was british. I say it would be a one time battle thing that turns pirate as soon as your next battle starts.

Sadly Admin once said they won't be planing any Pirate mechanics until after release of the game.  Maybe with the added funds from the DLC they will be able to do it sooner.

3 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Half the nations in the game don't really belong in the Caribbean.  Maybe we need a Channel/North Sea/Baltic server.

Honestly the three impossible nations should become pirates with PIrates using the same game rules and not having a captial.  Turn Mort into a neutral zone every one can use (like the old Pitt's).  Merg Swedes and Danes into Dutch and play with a smaller nation base on the map and I bet you see way more battles and less care bear alliances.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, springby said:

Totally agree with every single point apart from:

I think this is a tiny bit over the top. Id settle if pirate flag became visible within a certain close (OW) distance

Make pirates special again!

After considering this more, Im sure devs have a pirate rework scheduled at a later date. Im sure the way pirates work currently is a placeholder until that time come. 

Good point.

16 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

+ 1 million to the hardcore Pirate Nation

This is a great idea which had been requested many many times. Pirates can be some kind of hardcore END GAME, for some pvp players. 

We want to see real pirates who strucks fear into heats of the captains.

* To do so, they must be experienced pvp players, which you can change to pirate nation after some rank, including in game forged papers which requires lots of PVP marks (real admiral with 500 pvp marks + 10 million gold ?)

* So you become the pirate, you have lost most of your wealth, ships etc. What is left are your skillbooks,  some random upgrades, plus 2 ships from your previous life which are at or below 5th rate (may be 4th?) and some set amount of gold which is not that much !

* You can craft ships up to 5th rate, but can capture up to 4th or 3rd rate ? Pirate can only buy ships up to 5th rate.

* A pirate has penalty to crew costs as the crew numbers increase. And normal crew costs are much higher than other nations. 

* 50 crew is pirate base crew same cost with other nations. Additional crew will be very costly for the pirate. If he is gonna man a 4th rate it will really hurt the purse. Even operating a 5th rate will be high crew cost.

* So pirates earn BM (black mark, which is a pvp mark for pirates), contributes to pirate fame, total earned BM number is stored, but BM can be used like PVP marks to buy Admirality (Pirate Chieftain) rewards etc. Can not be exchanged with normal pvp mark from other nations.

* So to maintain his pirate life, the pirate must plunder, loot, capture ships ! as BM has no currency value and is non-convertable. A pirate Invisibility timer should be much more than other nations, to let him escape with his prize ship and loot. A pirate can sell captured ships with high profit to the NPC shop.

* When a pirate is in a Trader Ship ( including LGV refit), he can maintain his false flag, is not revealed until when non pirate gets in a very close range, ships go over each other in OW. So if he is careful a pirate, can sell his loot at other nations capitols with high profit, but he can not put buy contracts, only sell contract is possible with a fake name, he can buy and sell goods from and to NPC shop.

* Pirates can have temporary outposts (Hideout). Which being "a set distance far away" from a port, they can establish a pirate hideout.

* with limited dockspace and warehouse slot, they can use this hideout (tempo outpost) until it will be exposed.

* if a pirate is seen exiting or entering his hideout from a set distance, his hideout is exposed.

* if enemy ship sails with very slow speed very close to the coast, passing near the hideout, the hideout has a chance to get exposed.

* if a hideout is exposed it must be attacked to be demolished. Hideout can be defended by ai ships or the hideout owner. If attacker wins, he has chance to loot the hideout, and hideout will be demolished. If pirate wins, pirate has an invincibility timer, to run away and reposition his hidout.

* We have hall of fame for the Pirates. Pirates on the list has prize set on their head according to the list. If a pirate is exposed to nation, or raided someone in safezone, ON SCREEN ANNONCUATION comes to all the nation players. Famous Pirate Blackbeard Ranking Number 1, is active in KPR waters / Belize waters etc.

Many many ideas which feels really exiciting, hope one day Hardcore Pirate nation will be available.

I like your ideas but I don't want pirates to be an end game for PvP players only.

It's about choice.

I want pirates to reflect what they were.

Small ships. 5th or less. No 4th +.

No nation.

No buildings.

No loyalties other  than to clan.

This style of game would suit light clanners, casuals and players fed up with RVR.

Pirates almost never fought warships they ran. A few pirates were good tactician but there were plenty of crap ones to. 😁

You should be able to choose this style of game not have to have 10 million and 500 PvP marks. Rich people seldom became pirates. They retired from piracy if they made it and most never made it.

Pirates should not be elite, they should just be different.

Edited by Crow

18 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

and the Captain had to tend for the crew, with live hard coin after return to port, or else crew would walk away.

no ranks, no fixed crew. so if you sail a 1200 crew ship you better loot enough to pay shares for all, before returning to port and cut the shares, or go back to a piragua with 40 crew ;) 

Great idea, plus this would make pirates have to attack AI merchants to raise cash and loot to keep the crew happy and giving more opportunity for OW PvP with nationals coming across ow battles.

10 hours ago, Sovereign said:

This does not make much sense for realism and gameplay.

I'd rather see something like this instead.

Pirates don't follow the rules so should be able to dock anywhere at their own risk. It would be exciting to try and dock st KPR for instance and incredibly dangerous.

As for realism and game play, Prussia, Poland, Russia, pirates in 1st rates etc etc.....

21 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

raiding would be kinda OP if you hit port with alot of stuff

Ports with lots of stuff should be well defended.

And you would have to sail away laden with loot....ie very slow so would be almost self regulating.

Edited by Crow

2 hours ago, Crow said:

Great idea, plus this would make pirates have to attack AI merchants to raise cash and loot to keep the crew happy and giving more opportunity for OW PvP with nationals coming across ow battles.

Sure... I mean, biggest we have is trader brig models, so guess okay, especially with the historical currencies around the corner AI should yield way less :) 

No ranks meaning you don't have to rank, so a Pyrate must actively seek quarry and pluck the crows.

Hardcore pvp option. When you raise the black you know you are in for a war against the world.

Plus no Mortimer Town. Move starting port for Pyrates to Kidd's or Nassau. 

• Like 3