Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Please give us an outlaw class. Lives out of free towns, can be attacked or attack anyone. Tribunals will be ignored as the person chose outlaw. Let us be the smugglers, dare I say even remove smugglers from everyone else. 

I like the general idea.. but it should probably be called AltLaw nation, for obvious reasons

• Like 6

At the opposite end we had this...

1 hour ago, John Cavanaugh said:

aw poor Vile, self proclaimed king.

is that why you abandoned the fight and joined ALOHA to protect you within 24 hours of wardec'ing PLANB? was looking over your shoulder 24/7 a bit taxing for you?

no laws but your laws - tax undock and harass new players out of the faction - pic very much related.

clsOdi0.jpg

1 hour ago, admin said:

actually crafted elite upgrades and pve drops are on same quality or higher

Those PvP purchased upgrades could be stacked with existing PvE upgrades for better performance, could they? Or would that max out the upgrade? Just wondering.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Please give us an outlaw class. Lives out of free towns, can be attacked or attack anyone. Tribunals will be ignored as the person chose outlaw. Let us be the smugglers, dare I say even remove smugglers from everyone else. 

They did give it to us...  it’s just not under the “cool” black flag. It’s under the screaming black chicken, disembodied arm, or blue cross.  

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

I'm sorry, but do you see ALOHA hunting rookies or newbies or pirates in general? We have very specified KOS list and you need to try hard to get on it.

Words, plans, assumptions, suggestions, guesses, is that what you're trying to use to make a point?

No, facts. Are you speaking for the new players or for yourself? 

What entitles some players to be the server/internet police? Have they purchased the "only for the privilege" copy of the game?

Player enforced discipline mostly favored the big clans and bullies so please sell your propaganda somewhere else.

39 minutes ago, Christendom said:

If you're going to remove outlaw battles forever, it's time to give us another forged papers.  As @Peter Goldman mentioned above, outlaw battles were one of the primary reasons my clan also went from Brit to Pirate.  We were tired of the bickering in nation chat and not being able to do anything about it.  Now that option is off the table, and it doesn't look like you're implementing clan wars anytime soon.....we really have no reason to be pirate anymore.  

Issue another round of forged papers please.  

Honestly for me, I agree, on top of this, make them purchasable.

But really, to me this just further solidifies the argument that we should have Clan owned ports (not nation), Clan diplomacy, Clan wars, and Clans creating their "own nations."

Bring diplomacy back, bring Alliances back in the form of foreign clan alliances.

All this "Nation unity" talk only works for the "group(s) in charge," and sours relations with all other communities that don't think the same.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

So sad that outlaw battles are gone. May end up joining Prussia on EU. 

Anne !

You are welcome at Prussia. (ended up there as former Pirate).

It is simple,

1. only Prussia guarantees freedom. We have a true King.

"in Prussia each can live as he sees fit."

(and so, only if it is in your imagination)

2. only Prussia is a non-national party aside Pirates. Nevertheless, Germany was formed later consisting all of Prussia and so on,

but by this time there was one Prussia and many other German kingdoms.

PIRATES WELCOME !!! (like Prussia granted asylum to the Huguenots, we surely guarantee you freedom of will and speech in Prussia.

2 hours ago, Vile Executioner said:

So how is removing outlaw battle going to work if you claim pirate nation is supposed to be some sort of hard mode nation? Now my nation will be over run by carebears flying my banner. Back to being a nation with a black flag again? Outlaw battles is sole reason to be a pirate. Your supposed to have to look over your shoulder 24/7 because your a wanted player. Your a criminal as a pirate, that’s what it means. There is not supposed to be laws in pirate nation. What are you guys going to do to make pirate nation hard like it is advertised if outlaw battle is removed? Make there be 2 pirate factions please like suggested before. Nassau pirates and outlaw pirates.

Your nation has always been a high number carebear nation and the hard nations have always been other ones. There have been three nations added last week, which have difficulty level "impossible".

Please stop thinking of your gameplay as "hard" already.

41 minutes ago, Buba Smith said:

Those PvP purchased upgrades could be stacked with existing PvE upgrades for better performance, could they? Or would that max out the upgrade? Just wondering.  

Those are mostly refits, so no you cannot combine them with Elite Nation Rig Refits. However, admin forgot that wonderful +6% OW Speed Ship Knowledge, and that has no alternative.

13 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Nation integrity is a fake feature.

1. Every nation has internal issues, clans and players arguing and insulting each other

2. Usually the council/biggest clan controls and does 90% of the job for the nation, makes decisions etc.

3. Minorities, small clans, rogues and pubbies rebel against council/big clans. That leads to forcing big clans out of the nation due to lack of respect or huge dramas inside the nation, huge chat PvP, toxic behaviour, flaming and insulting, putting bounties on same nation players, sending enemies to kill them, sabotage etc.

4. Chat PvP, dramas and flaming overtakes nation. Throws away new players, gives them bad opinion about game/playerbase. Check how many NA steam reviews mention toxic players.

Simple fix, moderators. That's the game job.

Alternatively, progressive discipline for toxicity could be handled via tribunal, chat screens or it could be a chat filter script and so on just like any other game out there.

For all players and nations!

Case solved.

13 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Sorry, but it's you accusing us of doing it - you are supposed to prove your statement. Any proof, evidence? I will wait to receive one. We are not the police and we do not enforce other clans to do as we will. We respect everyones freedom, just like ours. 

No need for paranoia, I haven't accused you of anything, you have replied to my post quoting another.

Have I mentioned your name or clan anywhere? Nope, because there is no need to drag this down even further. Get your facts straight.

Now back to the topic, regarding my thoughts about player enforced discipline, please review my statements above ;)

Edited by Rigs

4 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

The things people have to  read in nation chat is nowhere near Tribunal material.  This isn't Tumblr or a cuck subreddit where you get banned for a wrong opinion and we don't want it to be.

That's a point of view which led to this.

Tell me how would you rather just take matter in your hands and lay down justice. I think there is another game for that... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

If someone tries to enforce something, the other pirates can rebel and fight them back IN ACTUAL BATTLES, not in chat.

Oh yeah, a new, single or small clan player take it on the biggest clan.

You are full of great ideas. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rigs said:

That's a point of view which led to this.

Tell me how would you rather just take matter in your hands and lay down justice. I think there is another game for that... :rolleyes:

There's an ignore feature. You literally only notice these people in nation chat and nowhere else. Mute them, problem is gone.

Define what the exploits that warranted its removal were (what's the worry about doing that now that it has been removed.).

Because if it was actually a move to provide safety to players of an outlaw faction - an oxymoron in itself - then that's complete and utter bullshit, and should've been resolved with a round of forged papers and the pirate difficulty being listed as "impossible".

Very sad to see it go, pirates are back to being a 'nation with a black flag' and now feel even less like pirates than the new nations do.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Honestly for me, I agree, on top of this, make them purchasable.

But really, to me this just further solidifies the argument that we should have Clan owned ports (not nation), Clan diplomacy, Clan wars, and Clans creating their "own nations."

Bring diplomacy back, bring Alliances back in the form of foreign clan alliances.

All this "Nation unity" talk only works for the "group(s) in charge," and sours relations with all other communities that don't think the same.

The only thing that should count with nations is what color that flag is on the back of your ship.

Clan wars, Clan Alliances....Clan everything.  

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

If you're going to remove outlaw battles forever, it's time to give us another forged papers.  As @Peter Goldman mentioned above, outlaw battles were one of the primary reasons my clan also went from Brit to Pirate.  We were tired of the bickering in nation chat and not being able to do anything about it.  Now that option is off the table, and it doesn't look like you're implementing clan wars anytime soon.....we really have no reason to be pirate anymore.  

Issue another round of forged papers please.  

And folks wonder why I haven't been playing much lately?  I was actually trying to do Prussia but some one had to tell his former clan my alt and ruined that.  Didn't even care to keep the ports we took. Just let them go back to Neutral.  Since we are prob never going to see pirate mechanics every or a Privateer faction I'm honestly tempted to just roll Prussian and play it as it has a pretty cool flag.  Just not feeling the game any more....

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Abused more than national alts and battles that close (and disappear) meaning that you can't even see that someone is hiding inside?  Why would anyone even bother with an outlaw battle to accomplish such an exploit?

In three port battles we tagged some low level that turned out to be some other pirates an alt.  We used an Outlaw Battle in one where they could join and we never moved from location and another we tagged an AI and sat in the battle for the hour and half before port battle.  So he acts like we did it all the time.  The reason we did it was cause the tag BR system was broken.  Once it was fixed with Battle groups we rolled right up to the port battle and entreded it every time.  Though we been catching his buddies tagging each other to escape fights over and over the last few weeks.  Than again maybe if he played more he would know.  I hardly see any of the J14 guys any more.

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

The whole point, historically and in game, to go pirate was for the freedom.  This is a cop out.

Yep freedom that just means we are just another nation so what is the point to being a pirate any more?

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

So sad that outlaw battles are gone. May end up joining Prussia on EU. 

Other than my Dane that I rolled over to Prussia on GLOBAL i have all my papers on all my chars so that is 4 times still to change.  I just wish they had a rename token or I would actually re-roll another nation and Prussia has a mighty fine flag to boot.   I just want to do it under a new name and one more fitting of a privateer of that nation.  Now if they ever come out with the Barbary Corsairs I'll be over that....I mean we have freaking Russians, Prussians and Polish nations in game why not Barbary too?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

Your nation has always been a high number carebear nation and the hard nations have always been other ones. There have been three nations added last week, which have difficulty level "impossible".

Please stop thinking of your gameplay as "hard" already.

I made it a sole responsibility with 25 others to weed out and kill all carebear 75% of them left pirate nation 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And folks wonder why I haven't been playing much lately?  I was actually trying to do Prussia but some one had to tell his former clan my alt and ruined that.  Didn't even care to keep the ports we took. Just let them go back to Neutral.  Since we are prob never going to see pirate mechanics every or a Privateer faction I'm honestly tempted to just roll Prussian and play it as it has a pretty cool flag.  Just not feeling the game any more....

In three port battles we tagged some low level that turned out to be some other pirates an alt.  We used an Outlaw Battle in one where they could join and we never moved from location and another we tagged an AI and sat in the battle for the hour and half before port battle.  So he acts like we did it all the time.  The reason we did it was cause the tag BR system was broken.  Once it was fixed with Battle groups we rolled right up to the port battle and entreded it every time.  Though we been catching his buddies tagging each other to escape fights over and over the last few weeks.  Than again maybe if he played more he would know.  I hardly see any of the J14 guys any more.

Yep freedom that just means we are just another nation so what is the point to being a pirate any more?

Other than my Dane that I rolled over to Prussia on GLOBAL i have all my papers on all my chars so that is 4 times still to change.  I just wish they had a rename token or I would actually re-roll another nation and Prussia has a mighty fine flag to boot.   I just want to do it under a new name and one more fitting of a privateer of that nation.  Now if they ever come out with the Barbary Corsairs I'll be over that....I mean we have freaking Russians, Prussians and Polish nations in game why not Barbary too?

Another rare time I agree with Texas.

Where are my Barbary Pirates/Corsairs/Privateers?  I mean we have frakking RUSSIA here they NEVER made it to the Caribbean.    They are rarely there now in the 21st century. 

On a side note. 

You are welcome to come and fight me in another game, always looking for good adversaries.

Oh and congrats on your 5000th post.

14 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

I made it a sole responsibility with 25 others to weed out and kill all carebear 75% of them left pirate nation 

1) you dont get to decide how other people play the game. they paid for it same as you did

2) call people carebears all you want - but EVERY time you've faced blowback, you've gone into hiding. SORRY KOS'd you, and NSANE ended up disbanding only to reform once they were gone. BLACK got into a fight with you and you arranged a non aggression pact. PLANB, LEGO, CHAOS and others took up arms against you after you hounded PATU from the game, and you and your whole clan hid inside ALOHA after banished said he could control you.

3) those so-called carebears you claim to have driven out of the nation? they joined the Russian nation - with no safe zone and no permanent ports, in order to properly organize and get engaged in RVR without having outlaw tagging mechanics tearing apart battlegroups and singling out shot callers.

Fox Proudfoot, for all i'll say about him, had bigger balls than everyone in NSANE and STD combined - when they faced blowback they actually fought it out. You? you've found someone to protect you every time. And now? you complain that you can no longer gank solo and new players outside MT.

You're the carebear m8. projecting much?