Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

Just got home from work to see the bad news. LGV Refit was quickly becoming my favorite ship because of its great sailing profile. Yes, manual sails were bugged but sailing profile shouldn't have been affected in the fix (IMO). I feel everything has been said already, so I will just say that I hope this gets fixed soon!

1 hour ago, Callaghan92 said:

you need more context on what? he showed you 2 types proof to counteract what you were saying. Showing you the fact that admin has said twice, outlaw battles will never be back

Oh, nevermind. I helped myself. Thank you anyway.

Edited by Rigge1988

6 hours ago, z4ys said:

The question is why can a pLGV be nerfed asap (only a few are using it). But the Wasa is still racing to the moon (a lot of people are using it)

I think it simply is their intention for Wasa to be broken. They know enough about their game and ship stats to see it... The fact that is is the only ship in game with 10 chaser guns and the base speed of a constitution already gives away that they want it to be the OW meta but at least everyone has access to it being relatively cheap.... if they don't want to nerf it, we should simply all play it... not much reason to sail anything else currently anyways... unless you like 6-7 rates of course. I wouldn't fight a good PvP player sailing Wasa in anything other than a Wasa. I had a chat about it with moscalb ( fairly skilled OW PvP player ) the other day and he agreed about it being broken / overperforming. If i wouldn't love the small ships so much i'd spam Wasa all day every day...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vile Executioner said:

It was never over powered. Please tell me, where and how was it overpowered

For bad players / carebears every ship is overpowered, even a 10 x 9pd broadside trader.:lol:  The only ship really overperforming is Wasa.

• Like 3

Just a question on PvE you can use CM right to get PvP marks?  I might pop on there and use it as a test.  I know right now not really feeling the game so haven't been on and out PvPing on GLOBAL.  Though I wanted to test the new LVG out and well 150 marks is a lot when your only popping on to do your econ and any clan maintenance duties with ports owned. I think other than @Willis PVP2 I'm prob the only other one in my clan that would even think of using one of these.   Kinda wish we got to test them out on test bed or they handed them out to some of us old school hard core players to test out.  Again 150 freaking PvP marks is a bit big for a 3/3 trade ship with swivels....I want 5 slots on it as I would be making it a board fit cross breed ship so no point of getting it if it can't be a 3/5 slot too.   

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Just a question on PvE you can use CM right to get PvP marks?  I might pop on there and use it as a test.  I know right now not really feeling the game so haven't been on and out PvPing on GLOBAL.  Though I wanted to test the new LVG out and well 150 marks is a lot when your only popping on to do your econ and any clan maintenance duties with ports owned. I think other than @Willis PVP2 I'm prob the only other one in my clan that would even think of using one of these.   Kinda wish we got to test them out on test bed or they handed them out to some of us old school hard core players to test out.  Again 150 freaking PvP marks is a bit big for a 3/3 trade ship with swivels....I want 5 slots on it as I would be making it a board fit cross breed ship so no point of getting it if it can't be a 3/5 slot too.   

entitlement much? get your lazy butt out there and do some work.

• Like 1

Yeah @Sir Texas Sir I was saving my marks to get one. I'm slowly accumulating the marks...but I can't seem to help but throw them at those neat Navy Hull Refits LOL. Now, I'm not so sure if the LGV refit is going to be worth sailing if I'm understanding correctly that it got a sailing profile nerf :(

100% agree that 150 PvP marks is ridiculous for a 3/3 hybrid trader/raider ship. If it was 3/5 with slots pre-opened and had the old profile, I think the price would be more reasonable. After all, as stated by others: you do get ability to dock at any port with smuggler, a nice hold, excellent (old) profile, bow chasers, and some swivels (which, from my understanding, seem to be almost useless except under "perfect" conditions...maybe its just a matter of practice to get used to their odd aiming...).

I'll be watching closely to see if it gets reverted to the old sailing profile or not. I guess if it doesn't I can always buy one of those other books or something with the marks...

Edited by Willis PVP2
spelling/grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

entitlement much? get your lazy butt out there and do some work.

Are maybe with over 6K hours in game I'm tired of the grind when it's not a final release game.  If they want us to test things and give proper feed back than give us what we need.  That and I don't camp capitals and kill noobs and traders by ganking them like some folks do.  Hay it's easy kills, but just not my style of play.  Of course one again you bring nothing to the discussion so what is your point?  

2 hours ago, Willis PVP2 said:

Yeah @Sir Texas Sir I was saving my marks to get one. I'm slowly accumulating the marks...but I can't seem to help but throw them at those neat Navy Hull Refits LOL. Now, I'm not so sure if the LGV refit is going to be worth sailing if I'm understanding correctly that it got a sailing profile nerf :(

100% agree that 150 PvP marks is ridiculous for a 3/3 hybrid trader/raider ship. If it was 3/5 with slots pre-opened and had the old profile, I think the price would be more reasonable. After all, as stated by others: you do get ability to dock at any port with smuggler, a nice hold, excellent (old) profile, bow chasers, and some swivels (which, from my understanding, seem to be almost useless except under "perfect" conditions...maybe its just a matter of practice to get used to their odd aiming...).

I'll be watching closely to see if it gets reverted to the old sailing profile or not. I guess if it doesn't I can always buy one of those other books or something with the marks...

For what it's offering by my understanding it seems way to many marks.  I'm not in the mood go out and kill a bunch of noobs to get the points right now with the state of the game.  I honestly lost all interest in the game since the recent patches.  It's like they are going backwards not forward.   I can see paying 100 marks if it gave you a boarding bonus, had some sort of chaser (just stern) and can be unlocked to be a 3/5 ship, but with it only being a 3/3 I don't even want to try to get the points up to test it like you say there are much better things to spend what PvP marks I might get if I actuall got interested in the game once more.

See this is one thing the Dev's need to find out.  Why have folks like me and others suddenly at times loose interest and stop playing.  They wonder why they have over 50% US sales but they can't retain those players they need to find out.  They need to do in game polls and get info from the actuall active players and not a few of us Forum Whore's that don't shut up on here (I'm one of them).   Changes like this is part of why I'm loosing interest in this game.  I'm still wondering why every one can get a hands on a ship that is called Pirate Refit (same with the Frigate).  Though with that the Admirality shops could have NAvy only version of a few ships too that are for None Pirates.

• Like 1

True words. Step by step backwards. Now the game is an fìr/fìr game. Are other woods like Bermuda or sabico and live oak needs no one anymore. Tons over tons of speed upgrades. Only the  best an long time player getting better and better. Ship builder has also nothing to do anymore, because the best ship's like was a and other you can get via note. Terrible the way the game is going now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

You get better by pvp experience and thinking. Not by speedmods, its just a weak excuse for bad players.

Rebalance is coming.

Many players do hope for a dramatic and more realistic regress to proper in-built modules instead of this inflation of characteristics indeed.

Whatever the mods of choice, some prefer speed, others boarding, others handling, we all can adulterate the proper "credible realism" of the ships, example being the long hull ships ( whatever rate ! ) with extreme module/book refits having null drift and stopping on the spot.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Many players do hope for a dramatic and more realistic regress to proper in-built modules instead of this inflation of characteristics indeed.

I've fought for it, tooth and nail, for a long time. Now I hesitate to nurture a hope for it. 🤕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Changes like this is part of why I'm loosing interest in this game.  I'm still wondering why every one can get a hands on a ship that is called Pirate Refit (same with the Frigate).  Though with that the Admirality shops could have NAvy only version of a few ships too that are for None Pirates.

This was not a change per se. it was a fix of a bug that was creating abnormal curves improving speeds at some angles. 
We are fully prepared to the Wasa forum fallout once its curves and accels/decels will change.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Guenwhyvar said:

Did we ever get an explanation of what actually happened in the patch yesterday?

Answer:

14 hours ago, admin said:

There was no nerf

3 ships had a bug in game which has given them 2 best angles instead of one.
This allowed those ships to sail faster on manual sails (not faster than max speed but faster than this angle allowed)

13 hours ago, admin said:

fixing the bug changed the square sail curves. every mast has its individual curve and removing the bug changed the curves. We would like to remind that the large hp and speed and br rebalance is coming.  LGVP is still a perfect hunter ship requiring skill and precision. 

Several captains reported the bug and it was fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoky said:

@admin Be very careful with re-balance. I propose that you do it in stages in order to avoid more mess. Start with wasa. Nerf speed and lets see how it will affect state of game.

Sounds like Wasa is the God of Naval Action. What did Devs think? Look what you have on your hands now. :) Revolution already on the way prohibiting you to even touch or tune a ship.

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Balance is important in games like these. A small change can have major implications for the way the game is played and the amount of fun everyone has.

The Wasa, in its current form, is completely OP and is damaging to the balance in the game. Faster than any frigate and twice the HP's and broadside? Not funny.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, admin said:

normal lgv/prince/wasa

So you are saying the Prince is broken also?  How so?  It is a hermaphrodite rig it should have the best all around sailing profile... but not as great at any one point like a dedicated fore and aft or a square rigged ship.

10 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

It is about speed exploit reported and tested by me and my friends. I discovered it recently, although I heard rumors about it about a year ago, so it could have been used by some players for months. 

By the use of manual sails you could increase the speed on these ships by .5 knots and in extreme situations by 2 knots. That way I was able to make my LGV Refit reach a crazy speed of 15.5 knots which in fact was broken, so we reported it. As a result, the square sails plan got changed so it affected sailing profile, making it much worse than before. Apparently it's unwanted side effect, but reality is that LGV and especially Refit became useless ships now. Their power has turned into their weakness now.

LGV Refit:

-bad sailing profile

-very low firepower (10x 9pd longs)

-very weak HP (just like surprise)

-has only 3 knowledge slots

-has weak masts

-worse sailing profile than normal LGV

+nice paint

+smuggler flag use (considered as abuse by others)

+decent cargo capacity

You mean the adjustment of the sails manually to get a bit more speed out of the ship? 

You can do that on almost every ship.  

Except on fore-aft-rig ships which should be able to "wing out" the sails and run downwind pretty decently. 

• Like 1