Game-Labs Forum

Uninstalling

57 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Can we please get a thread were we don't have to include "merge the servers"? - If the servers were merge about 60-70% of the euros would quit and prob not return. That's more than the total pop on global. #Globalwasisandalwayswillbeabadidea

Funny I have been on EU server lately and aside from a bunch of carebears hiding in safe zones and the Swedish armada mopping up the map, I dont see much going on.  

I guess you all have already #quitthegame

Or are you #badatNA

Because you are definitely #badattrolling.

So #Getgudson

Or #getwrekt

6 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

You ever duel rakers in Connies or trincs in the past?  Fighting for the perfect position for 1 hour if you had to.  That was skill based. There is an issue if the meta in a sailing game is to kite downwind.

Having infinite time to play the game = skill.

Since EverQuest or even earlier, right....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, admin said:

Em no.. 

But i have to play every game on consoles where some skill is present. as legends will come to consoles too and i have to figure out the control scheme. 

Manual sail control, manual aim and ship awareness around you. I want to see how you guys will figure this one on console. World of warships never made it on console for that one reason. 

2 hours ago, Apina said:

hope you still have some ds you can play available though :)

Elite has this thing where you can see who has visited the port in last 24h... might be kinda fun feature....

No, it doesn't. It gives you a list of ships that were in the system in the last 24h, and it only updates once a day.

To maintain a semblance of the topic, I uninstalled Elite a few months ago. Nothing in it is worth reproduction and the methods used to develop it (still under development 3 years after release..) are questionable at best and downright insulting at its worst (half baked releases which hinge on people continuing to play them to ensure continued development). It is pretty to look at but a waste of time to play. 

If you want to look at a mission system I would suggest going back to the days of Aces Over the Pacific wherein there were 4 or 5 types of randomly generated missions (Combat Air Patrol, Naval Strike, Ground Strike, Intercept, etc) with randomly generated encounters en route and on occasion there would be setpiece battles of historical nature (Midway etc). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rediii said:

I didnt say im better either. Just like to troll you a bit. :P

We have just different oppinions. I dont only see multiple repairs. Before it you didnt do any damage to ships. Only effective way to sink someone in a matter of 10 min was to stick on his side which isnt pretty hwrd to do. Now you can nuke someone if he made a mistake, before he had plenty of time to correct it.

In a fleet, when you can bring multiple broadsides to bear quickly, yes. Otherwise you must be faster and/or reduce their ability to turn away. If you cannot do this, they can continue to kite and repair. Wasa doesn't even need all its masts to out turn most other 4th rates. 

Kiting to constantly repair is no more "skill based" than stacking pumps/survival was last year, its just a tactic/ship build that has no functional counter in most situations 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bjerg Bjergsson said:

To maintain a semblance of the topic, I uninstalled Elite a few months ago. Nothing in it is worth reproduction and the methods used to develop it (still under development 3 years after release..) are questionable at best and downright insulting at its worst (half baked releases which hinge on people continuing to play them to ensure continued development). It is pretty to look at but a waste of time to play. 

elite already served the purpose.. we feel confident that na could be managed in combat with the controller with minor adaptations. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, admin said:

elite already served the purpose.. we feel confident that na could be managed in combat with the controller with minor adaptations. 

Sterring wheel incoming! Brakes for yardtrim :P

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Apina said:

so it gives you a list of people who have visited the port/system in the last 24h?

You do understand the difference between a player name and the ship name?

You do understand the difference between station and system?

How about the difference between "the last 24 hours" and a list of the last 24 hours, updated once a day?

Edited by Quineloe

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Can we please get a thread were we don't have to include "merge the servers"? - If the servers were merge about 60-70% of the euros would quit and prob not return. That's more than the total pop on global. #Globalwasisandalwayswillbeabadidea

No more talk of merging servers, I mean what does merging servers mean, does it mean the server is merging with something else. Does it mean that if we merge the servers Haitchi will re-emerge in a merged server.

I never want to hear the phase merged the servers again. It's not like anyone wants it, is it? I mean who wants a merged server. I mean it will halve the number of ports and double the players and things who wants that! 

Buster (must have merged me baccy with somthin)

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Uh, i have had really bad experience with games trying to make it into consoles halfway in the development process.

As an example:
X-Rebirth, the latest and probably the last ever in the series of the excellent X-games, thumbed down controls so it became complete desaster for the Egosoft Company, was hardly playable on PC anymore because of simplification made for consoles....

Games that try to spawn into consoles, especially a game like Naval Action (or Legends for that matther) would get bad controls on both systems.

Please be very careful with that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, admin said:

Depending on the controller it can be quite simple.  Seeing as NA combat only uses the WASD and 1-8, F, T, E,Q,Z,C 

Which can easily be translated to your thumb sticks, D pad, bumpers, triggers and 4 buttons.   That alone you have 28 different control interface options.. at best guess, without having combo options.  

33 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Depending on the controller it can be quite simple.  Seeing as NA combat only uses the WASD and 1-8, F, T, E,Q,Z,C 

Which can easily be translated to your thumb sticks, D pad, bumpers, triggers and 4 buttons.   That alone you have 28 different control interface options.. at best guess, without having combo options.  

you also need G, X and M

6 hours ago, admin said:

I guess this is a topic on game uninstalls.

I recently uninstalled dark souls 3, needed space on xbox for elite to get ideas for some mission content. 

So I get a warning for abusive behaviour, yet you are posting off topic. Seems like the rules dont apply to everyone. The worst part is that the majority of the community has come to expect this kind of behaviour from admins/devs/mods, yet another part that is wrong with this game. When will you grow up and start acting like professionals?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

You are wrong. I read this topic and responded.

I just thought it is some kind of uninstall leaderboard bragging post.  Where men players pretend to be soft and emotional and share stories of girls left and games uninstalled. 

Yeah you did reply because of the name of the topic and thats the point of the name isnt it. Ive brought up topics in combat suggestions before but for some reason no one cares about combat in a game thats roots are in combat.

You can do 3 things now, Ban me for having an opinion, give me another childish reply or give your your thoughts on the issues Ive brought up. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, admin said:

Em no.. 

But i have to play every game on consoles where some skill is present. as legends will come to consoles too and i have to figure out the control scheme. 

any chance you can make it cross platform so we can sealclub people that have no way to defend themselves :)

6 hours ago, admin said:

You are wrong. I read this topic and responded.

I just thought it is some kind of uninstall leaderboard bragging post.  Where men players pretend to be soft and emotional and share stories of girls left and games uninstalled. 

Well this one time in band camp - I stuck a cannon up her.. ehm..... And then.. And then *I* left her.. Not the other way around you see..

I love flying and fighting in elite but lets be honest, even NA has better mission then elite. Elite is so shallow it turned into volcanic island  :D

P.S. Elite has turned into pay2win with engineers update and has lost loooooooooots of players with that move

P.P.S I agree with admin that elite has good controls and UI but there is problem with playing elite with controller (it doesn't have enough buttons for all ship functions so they were forced to automate some things on consoles)

Edited by Zoky