Game-Labs Forum

Sad news from Europe: Sixth coalition is kaput

42 minutes ago, Marques said:

Game is getting worse everyday.  It´s imposible to do something fun or profitable. get money is almost imposible.  BORING GAME ....SHIT !!!!

I can grind out 4 line ship hostility mission with 3 other plaeyrs and we all have 1.6 million a piece.  We can do the SHallow water ones in 3/4 rates and make around 100-500K depend how many of us show. I solo them and a killing.  I have made trade runs with goods on the way back of dropping off mats at ports we have some things set up at.  Bought up what will fill the empty space of what I picked up and heading back with and made 100% profits off those goods.  Enough to pay for the Teak I picked up after dropping something else off for a player that was set up there in our clan.  SO your saying you can't make money?  Try leaving the dang port.   Hell even in PvP what little we have gotten since the patch we have gotten decent rewards though do think XP needs a better boost in PvP.  Happy with the CM level and such.  OH and when I do that grind for a 1st rate port I make around 300-400 CM's.  I been sitting on 1K combat marks on most my chars (not counting the crafter....that lazy baster never leaves port.)

40 minutes ago, Styles said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

More has he even logged into the game.  I found folks that make these commets don't even do anything. They log in sit in port and complain.  Bet that is why he's not making money.

38 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Man, are you playing another game?

Or leaving port?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrgoldstein said:

I just cannot get my head around this, of all the things this game needs, you think adding more nations is a good idea??

Just give the pirates the overhaul they need, add more pve content (stuff to do), bring back exclusive pvp rewards (paints,rare ships) fix the ui and make a turorial for the new players ffs..

I promise you this game will benefit more from that than adding some insignificant nations, all that will do is split the playerbase even further and collapse the already fragile economies from existing nations..

@admin

You pretty much summed up what needs to be done......with a few tweeks as we go but it's the point and direction.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, admin said:

We want to run a final test on the capturability of capitals for those who want it a bit more hardcore.
The best way to do it wihout screwing up existing game play is to add new nations. New nations will not have a capital (thus will not have admiralty initially) and will have to capture and build one somewhere on the map. It will also not have a protection zone forcing new nations to protect their rookies. It will be a superhard more for unrestricted pvp and rvr fans. 

New nations will also split current large nations and will actually balance the game more. New nations will be very populated and will actively fight each other (and existing nations). 

my concern here is that it will drive new players & single players away,can you test this in legends where hard core is acceptable,  hard core = grievers  

19 hours ago, admin said:

We want to run a final test on the capturability of capitals for those who want it a bit more hardcore.
The best way to do it wihout screwing up existing game play is to add new nations. New nations will not have a capital (thus will not have admiralty initially) and will have to capture and build one somewhere on the map. It will also not have a protection zone forcing new nations to protect their rookies. It will be a superhard more for unrestricted pvp and rvr fans. 

New nations will also split current large nations and will actually balance the game more. New nations will be very populated and will actively fight each other (and existing nations). 

Ok. So a test.  We'll eventually see this for every nation?

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrgoldstein said:

I just cannot get my head around this, of all the things this game needs, you think adding more nations is a good idea??

Just give the pirates the overhaul they need, add more pve content (stuff to do), bring back exclusive pvp rewards (paints,rare ships) fix the ui and make a turorial for the new players ffs..

I promise you this game will benefit more from that than adding some insignificant nations, all that will do is split the playerbase even further and collapse the already fragile economies from existing nations..

@admin

I couldn't have said it better myself. If this thread is truly about adding new nations, then I am very much not on board with the direction this game is taking. The population of PvP EU isn't big enough to fully utilize the nations that we currently have, why would we need MORE nations? Why not focus on changes that people have been asking for 1.5 years now?

Dump all the nations except 3 or 4 to be spawning nations, with safety zones. The rest of the map is player made. Clan v clan. Your clan can make its own nation if they can keep it, pick any approved name it wants (otherwise the names'll get stupid) and just have at it. When someone zergs the map and has no viable opponent they win that round, we reset and a new game begins. IMHO.

Have a great night and fair sailing to you. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aventador said:

@admin Btw which nations are you thinking about adding?

The Two Big Playergroups Currently making up the Big Overpopulation of the Big Nations. Are Russians and Germans.

As the Admin pointed out that this should Cut the Big Nations Overpopulation down. I would assume Russia and Prussia to be added.

This would Suck out alot of German and Russian Players into their Respective Home Faction.

Both albeit not Major Naval Powers. Did have their own Frigate and even Ship of the Line Designs. So them making some Sense at least.

1 hour ago, EdWatchmaker said:

Dump all the nations except 3 or 4 to be spawning nations, with safety zones. The rest of the map is player made. Clan v clan. Your clan can make its own nation if they can keep it, pick any approved name it wants (otherwise the names'll get stupid) and just have at it. When someone zergs the map and has no viable opponent they win that round, we reset and a new game begins. IMHO.

Have a great night and fair sailing to you. 

Unlikely to work.

1. The Flags would be a Problem.

2. Non Clan Gameplay would be Dead instantly which Cuts the Playerbase to less than half. Cause more than 50% of Online Players are not Interested in Clans and do not want to be part of a Clan. Thus likely leaving the Game. A Problem we already got right now cause getting any Ships etc Crafted is real hard without a Clan in the back.

3.The Economy would be Killed entirely because there would be so many Different Clans each holding only 2-3 Ports. That Trading would become almost Impossible and Playing without Joining a Big Clan would be effectively impossible. Hence the Economy grinding to a Complete Halt.

I know the PvP Guys like this Idea of being able to just Kill everyone except their Clanmates everywhere and anywhere.

But unfortunately this kind of thing has the habit of Killing a Game.

Sunleader, I apologize that I have to be short. I really have to go to bed. 

#1 No problem, approved name =approved flag.

#2 & #3, though I just joined my 2nd clan I play all 3 servers and have been 90% clanless and have done just fine. I'm not even very Multiplayer savvy. Believe me, if I can do it anyone can do it.

The rest is taken care of by having a PvE server. Believe me everyone can be accommodated. If they want.

I must go to bed now.

Fair sailing     

5 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Ok. So a test.  We'll eventually see this for every nation?

Wouldn't make sense to completely jack-knife the development path yet again, but who knows, it is the normal trend after all.

Kinda feels like we're being strung along with content-but-not-actually-content changes - chucking a bunch of nations in is basically just adding a few flags and copying some existing code.

1 hour ago, EdWatchmaker said:

The rest is taken care of by having a PvE server. Believe me everyone can be accommodated. If they want.

I must go to bed now.

Fair sailing     

A numerous carebear/PVErs playerbase is the condition to have any PVP MMO work. If you cut off carebears from PVP servers, you will simply kill the game even for PVPers.

Full PVP works only in MOBA (like NA legends).

On 9/28/2017 at 5:50 AM, admin said:

Newsflash

During negotiations on the Sixth Coalition one of the archdukes was hit by a candelabra. The resulting melee between royalties has ruined the chances for peace in Europe. Mobilization started in several countries on the continent.
war-3-125-prussia.jpg.jpg

Is this the end of the world as we know it? Or is it a beginning of the new empires? 

Dafaq are you guys smoking ???

On 2017-09-30 at 1:41 PM, Anolytic said:

I have had some time to think, and I see one way that this experiment could work out well. If all the current nations, that have historical footholds in the Caribbean are taken out of RvR. They have their safe-zones for PvE and econ. They have territories that cannot be lost, and they have safe areas. This is enough support for them to do PvE and PvP as they like. RvR however, should be reserved for only the new nations. If  you want to do RvR, you need to forge papers from one of the current starting nations and join one of the new nations. The price of RvR is the risk of loosing all territory down to the capital, and no safe-zones. Players start out in one of the current nations and can only join the new nations after they started playing.

On 2017-09-30 at 3:33 PM, Teutonic said:

If this is ever going to work. You need to cut the current nations in half.

US, GB, France, Spain, Pirate - these will be the 5 that have a safe capital presence. 

@admin

This is the way to go IMO.

Have "big" nations as starter nations/PVE nations, GB, France, Spain and the US. These have safe zones and cannot participate in RVR. They can ofc do PVP and PVE as normal.
The "Invading nations" does not have a safe port and no safe zones. They can participate in RVR.

Pirates will have secret island and cannot participate in RVR.

Once a new player joins they can only join the starter nations. Once they hit a certain level or completes the tutorial (when it is done) they receive forged papers and are free to choose whatever nation they want.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Borch said:

It is not.

Firstly it's the fastest way to kill playerbase. Again. No RvR in current game situation means nothing to do. People will start leaving. You say they will join new nations? Yes they will. Only to get promised rewards and to conquer. Those "hardcore" players are not interesting in loosing. So, what is the best way to not loose? Create another sorry a** clan and join the biggest party around. Zerg everything and be happy throwing mud and boasting on the forum.

It is time to realise that there is no real hardcore players in any MMO game. Loosing and being wiped from the map quickly change player status from hardcore to easy mode. This "test" is just another way to loose GL money and time plus wrecking game population.

As for nations protecting rookies. Nobody cares about a newbie being ganked in front of your capitol. There is map to win, another port to take, another group to zerg. No one will TP back to capitol to save that guy which account was created 5 days ago as this must be spy anyway. Come on. We have already tested it. This is again loosing money and time.

Thank you for your opinion.

Answer me this, why would anyone join these new hardcore nations? Why not remain in the nations that they are in so they don´t loose out on the advantage of safe zones and uncapturable ports?

Just now, Borch said:

Because they cant do RvR and they wont recieve promised rewards.

huh?

Since you so firmly rejected my and others proposals, I asked a question about they way the devs will probably add these new nations.

If the add them as new, capital-less nations with no bonus. Why would anyone join them at such a disadvantage?

6 minutes ago, Demsity said:

huh?

Since you so firmly rejected my and others proposals, I asked a question about they way the devs will probably add these new nations.

If the add them as new, capital-less nations with no bonus. Why would anyone join them at such a disadvantage?

For many reasons. Challenge. Possibility play under own flag. Curiosity. Etc...

21 minutes ago, Borch said:

It is not.

Firstly it's the fastest way to kill playerbase. Again. No RvR in current game situation means nothing to do. People will start leaving. You say they will join new nations? Yes they will. Only to get promised rewards and to conquer. Those "hardcore" players are not interesting in loosing. So, what is the best way to not loose? Create another sorry a** clan and join the biggest party around. Zerg everything and be happy throwing mud and boasting on the forum.

It is time to realise that there is no real hardcore players in any MMO game. Loosing and being wiped from the map quickly change player status from hardcore to easy mode. This "test" is just another way to loose GL money and time plus wrecking game population.

As for nations protecting rookies. Nobody cares about a newbie being ganked in front of your capitol. There is map to win, another port to take, another group to zerg. No one will TP back to capitol to save that guy which account was created 5 days ago as this must be spy anyway. Come on. We have already tested it. This is again loosing money and time.

5 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

For many reasons. Challenge. Possibility play under own flag. Curiosity. Etc...

Yes I know this as well.

I was referring my question to @Borch since he stated that it would not work.

Alternatively you'd swing it around, the small nations who mostly just had their presence in the Carribean for the sake of commerce become the starter ones with safe PvE and some PvP, and the large ones who actually fielded fleets are the ones who can participate in RvR and have capturable capitals.

Makes good sense from a historical and immersive/roleplaying standpoint, though of course we'd also end up at the age-old problem of all the non-RvR players who still demand to play as one of the 'big ones' regardless of that.

1 minute ago, Borch said:

I have rejected  the whole idea (not the way how to implement it) simply because of human nature plus the population in our 3 servers is too low to even test it.  

As for the question I have already answered. Most people will join to seek RvR forbidden in nations with unconcuerable capitols and to recieve rewards (refering to peoples proposals).

Ah I see, kind of strange that you would comment that as a response to my post, if you reject the devs idea?

Anyway, I agree, this system is not optimal for testing at the current population.